Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

StarQuest Online: Intro to Science II

StraddenStradden Managing EditorHalifax, NSPosts: 6,696Member

MMORPG.com StarQuest Online Correspondent Allen Richardson writes this new guide focusing on the science aspect of the sci-fi MMO.

Testing and Injecting Chemicals:

Here we start the experimental or administer phase. Usually a good scientist can identify the effects of a compound and know what the outcome may possibly be, but testing always help to ease the mind.

There are a few safety measures when testing chemicals, especially when giving it to a patient. Most test the chemical on themselves, but it is a good idea to have highly skilled medic available and about 4 bottles of tanga juice. When testing on a patient, make sure they are aware of the possible risk and that they volunteered willingly for this procedure. Some chemicals are known to have PERMANENT attribute changes, so keep them informed of such a possibility.

Read Intro to Science II

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• ZerocydeZerocyde Hell, WAPosts: 412Member

This game seems amazing.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Grand Rapids, MIPosts: 905Member Uncommon

In what way does this game seem amazing?  It has a few interesting mechanics (or at least it seems from their information), but the game looks like it could be played on a Nintendo from the 80's.  I understand that everything is not about graphics, but they might want to at least consider having a decent-looking game if they're going to charge $10 a month post Y2K.

• ZerocydeZerocyde Hell, WAPosts: 412Member

Originally posted by brihtwulf
     In what way does this game seem amazing?  It has a few interesting mechanics (or at least it seems from their information), but the game looks like it could be played on a Nintendo from the 80's.  I understand that everything is not about graphics, but they might want to at least consider having a decent-looking game if they're going to charge $10 a month post Y2K.

Yea, they need a whole new engine.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

• AlloughNAlloughN Venus, PAPosts: 168Member

The engine is capable of DX10, its the graphics cards that are a problem.

Loading 4 SQO maps (a minumum if you are in a ship, if you are on a planet its only 2 maps you have to load) is about the same as loading 1 DX10 AOC map.

If we all have dual 1gb cards SQO could be DX10.

However there is a upgrade to DX9 coming, and from the pictures admins have been kind enough to let me see, the characters will be just as good looking as STO's characters. Only without the plastic action figure look.

And the upgrade should also improve the framerates, since it offloads more work onto the GPU. 

I would wait a couple months, until we get the new GFX, if its the graphics that bother you.

• KILLkipKILLkip ...Posts: 37Member

Oh yes, the new graphics :) Can't wait

Oh and nice article once again Allen :D