Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Chivalry Skill Training

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Ultima Online expert V D has provided us with this guide to Chivalry Skill training in the classic MMO.

Chivalry Skill Training Guide

If you are a Paladin then Chivalry is a required skill for you, and it is also of great use for all melee characters because it allows casting of magic spells to heal and to enhance combat abilities. The only real requirement for those spells will be tithing points. Focus is also a good skill to have depending on the type of combat you have chosen, since it will regenerate both mana and stamina passively.

Tithing points are like mana for mages. The difference is that tithing points are bought with 1 piece of gold per point, and you can only have a maximum of 100,000 points at a time on your chivalry spell book. In order to purchase points you have to go to any shrine. There is one in Luna, the Shrine of Wisdom. While carrying all the gold you can in your bag you single click the ankh and in the menu select ithe Gold Now it will ask how much you wish to donate, and it must be in increments of 100 gold pieces. The price of tithing points never changes, but having high karma will reduce the amount of points required to cast each spell.

Read Chivalry Skill Training

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

More complete nonsense added in the Age of Shadows.   The game was far better without this junk.  You spread your 700 points over however many skills you needed and had fun.  No constant money drain to keep you grinding forever. 

Of course it did not help that the servers were literally down for two straight months after the release of Age of Shadows.  Probably the most bug ridden expansion pack ever released, although NGE would probably be right up there.

• TuxedoSLYTuxedoSLY Ultima Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 93

One thing I didn't like about the new UO changes is the Chivalry skill. Not so much because it's worthless, quite the contrary. I had such pride as a mage when I opened up a gate for my friends to go wherever we want. But once this came out everyone had enough chivalry to not only heal themselves instantly, but to recall without the magery skill. Just seems to take more of the fun out of being a mage.

• ShadowsladyShadowslady Member UncommonPosts: 148

EA keeps trying to destroy the core game of tank mages vs townies vs ninjassamurai etc and thieves.

adding more classes won't out WoW , WoW.

BE UO, not WoW

Shadowlord Sage
    CmdrAkbar

Napa Valley, UO, 1997.

• TuxedoSLYTuxedoSLY Ultima Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 93

Amen to that. It's been said a billion times and MMO's really need to listen - If people want to play WoW, they'll play WoW. How many wanna be's are there now? And how many of them even come close to matching WoW's success? I'd ask myself "Do I want to be a copycat failure, or a niche market success?"