Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of Magic Download time.

NiikolasNiikolas Member Posts: 7

Im about 6/8s done with my download... I started yesterday morning... I was wondering if anyone else had difficulties downloading and what you did to fix it....

From Soho down to Brighton I must have played em' all.

Comments

• TwistedFireTwistedFire Member Posts: 89

It's a big game, just wait it out. I don't think there's much you can do other then leave your computer alone for awhile.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

What's worse is they apparently say they have a lot of stuff that isn't in the game.

All attacks having an element and the group chaining them together for a combo?  Not in the game, despite it being talked about on their website.

Mages casting protective bubbles to defend their party?  Not in the game.  Walls of fire to hold off foes?  Note in the game.

Kinda disheartening.

• TwistedFireTwistedFire Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by Drachasor

What's worse is they apparently say they have a lot of stuff that isn't in the game.
    All attacks having an element and the group chaining them together for a combo?  Not in the game, despite it being talked about on their website.
    Mages casting protective bubbles to defend their party?  Not in the game.  Walls of fire to hold off foes?  Note in the game.

Kinda disheartening.

It's a free to play. Don't expect much.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I played the beta for a bit and I didn't expect much.  That's what I got, too.  Not much.  At least in the fun department.  As much as there seems to be to the game, I couldn't maintain much interest in it. However, I do remember it being a HUGE download.  I don't remember exactly how long it took but I left it overnight and it was still downloading the next morning. 

Originally posted by TwistedFire

Kinda disheartening.

Two points here.

1.  That doesn't mean it is ok that they say they have features, their website talks about those features, but they aren't in the game at all.

2.  They do have a pay system.  Sure it isn't a monthly fee, but people essentially have to pay to have good gear.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

Kinda disheartening.

Two points here.

1.  That doesn't mean it is ok that they say they have features, their website talks about those features, but they aren't in the game at all.

2.  They do have a pay system.  Sure it isn't a monthly fee, but people essentially have to pay to have good gear.

Gear has nothing to do with cash shop (unless you are talking arcane transmutator), what you get in cash shop is primarily mounts, DQ reset, furniture for your house. You can rent a mount using DQ coins.

Also the downloader bottom bar gets stuck at 10% it is known issue while it is patching so just ignore that. As long as the top status bar is moving back and forth you are good.

Originally posted by Darkheart00

Kinda disheartening.

Two points here.

Gear has nothing to do with cash shop (unless you are talking arcane transmutator), what you get in cash shop is primarily mounts, DQ reset, furniture for your house. You can rent a mount using DQ coins.

Of course I am talking about the transmuter.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Its 4.5 gig download

And as for the game. Let just say it is reacher in features than most of subscription mmos out there..nuff said

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Niikolas

Im about 6/8s done with my download... I started yesterday morning... I was wondering if anyone else had difficulties downloading and what you did to fix it....

I also took the whole weekend.

It was downloading at a very slow pace, fluctating a bit between 0 and 60 kb/s.

I had no way of fixing it, so I just let it run. After it said that the download was complete, I still had to wait about half an hour for it to really finish. Was already fearing for incorrect data.

But none of that, installation went good and playing was possible without any problems.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

It is 3.4gb, and do not use their own downloader, they throttle the bandwidth on it to keep costs low.

Download it from a third party site to get better speeds, should take around 2 hours max on a decent broadband connection.

• FaTKaTFaTKaT Member UncommonPosts: 31

I got it yesterday with their downloader had constant 3.8MB/s download speed sure its not on your end?

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177

its 99% of the time your end that is the problem and this is no diffrent

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Yes I also found that this DL is rediculously long for a F2P game that I was assuming would be pretty small in DL size.  I'll stick it out because I want to see this game since it looks better than most F2P.  But in the end, I'm sure I'll come to the conclusion that I always do which is F2P just isn't worth the time to play.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I downloaded this game way back when beta started off of filefront, it only took ~20 minutes.  I love filefront, they seem to have the best download speeds for me.  It's nice getting the full potential of my 18mbps line :)