Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've had enough. Want to boycott this?

I've had enough with these STUPID devs that are creating multiple accounts, this game shouldn't even be on this site! It should be banned, and sued for creating such a turd of a game.

Now, onto my main point, I would like everyone who reads this to boycott this game. Create as many accounts as you can, I would reccommend about 10. Make 10 email accounts with google mail or something, and login once a day for a few days on those 10 accounts to get their rank thing up to 10, so you can un-hype the game.

I know this is ALOT to ask, but please, this game needs to die, and I would love to see this game vanish forever.

We'll need about 50 - 100 people to do this, so If you have created those 10 accounts and un-hyped, please PM me so I can get a good idea of how many un-hypes we've got. 10 unhypes from 100 people would be 1000 x 1/10 ratings. Every little helps :)

Thanks.

Comments

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by hyperpotato

I've had enough with these STUPID devs that are creating multiple accounts, this game shouldn't even be on this site! It should be banned, and sued for creating such a turd of a game.
    Now, onto my main point, I would like everyone who reads this to boycott this game. Create as many accounts as you can, I would reccommend about 10. Make 10 email accounts with google mail or something, and login once a day for a few days on those 10 accounts to get their rank thing up to 10, so you can un-hype the game.
    I know this is ALOT to ask, but please, this game needs to die, and I would love to see this game vanish forever.
    Any help would be great, thanks.

I'm as baffled as you are about how this game is so hyped, but do you have any proof that it is the devs doing it?

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• aVeng3aVeng3 Member Posts: 37

Yes, take a look at every hype that has bad english, or basically every hype that isn't negative. Click their names. They are either from Shanghai in China, or some fake place in the U.S.

Lol. It's hilarious.

EDIT: Also, may I add that it is extremely unlikely for anyone other than the devs themselves to spend this much time hyping a game that is hated by anyone who has the intelligence to realise how terrible the game is, and how it is almost impossible for around 1000 people to like this game enough to hype it 10/10.

It's the devs, no doubt. Also, take a look at some of the forum posts.. You'd have to be blind not to notice which ones are the devs.

Down with Shadow of WoW! (it's a wannabe WoW, take a look at the screenshots of the GUI, lol.)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

you'll be glad to know I've never heard of this game before this post... and plan to pay it no mind going forward.  glad I could help.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by hyperpotato

Yes, take a look at every hype that has bad english, or basically every hype that isn't negative. Click their names. They are either from Shanghai in China, or some fake place in the U.S.
    Lol. It's hilarious.
    EDIT: Also, may I add that it is extremely unlikely for anyone other than the devs themselves to spend this much time hyping a game that is hated by anyone who has the intelligence to realise how terrible the game is, and how it is almost impossible for around 1000 people to like this game enough to hype it 10/10.
    It's the devs, no doubt. Also, take a look at some of the forum posts.. You'd have to be blind not to notice which ones are the devs.
    Down with Shadow of WoW! (it's a wannabe WoW, take a look at the screenshots of the GUI, lol.)

Ahh yes now I see it. I went through the first few pages of comments, and noticed EVERYONE was saying how bad it looked. Then when you get to the comments from January 2008, they are nothing but good things said about it in poor ingrish by people with exactly 2 posts from newyour newyork or china. Come on mmorpg.com deal with this crap.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• TheTruthToldTheTruthTold Member UncommonPosts: 107

I very much agree. While I am not going to create 10 user names, as one is quite enough for me to keep up with things, I will say this game should be removed completely due to its disregard of the MMO community, and the site policies.

• bjoernbitterbjoernbitter Member Posts: 1

i whole heartedly agree.

this is just plain stupid and an outright abuse of the hype meter. it just takes away the validity of such a meter as a tool for the community when its abused by people and especially developers such as this.

tbh mmorpg should remove this game from their website. its a steaming pile of crap anyway, just look at it.

• ninaraninara Member Posts: 2

this really is just plain stupid.

i'll defenitely give this game the rating that it rightly deserves. that being a a big fat 0 if i could. but in light of the current situation and standing in relation to the hype meter system i am forced to simply rate it with a 1.

abuse of the hype meter really should not be tollerated at all, and its just stupid that this is allowed to continue.

these dev's should spend their time making a good game instead of hyping a pos like this one.

in conclusion. will not play, will not buy, will not follow. but will de-hype due to dev actions.

• mdjhmdjh Member Posts: 12

Giving a rating of 0 is really not rational and fair. I've downloaded the game, which is getting more and more compact now, and played the game too.

Of course, quite a lot of things remain to hope for during the beta period, for example the graphics and the less smooth maneuver. But that's almost 1 year ago; I have to say the progress this game has made is amazing.

No mention-worthy bugs anymore, the graphics are splendid and impressive in terms of 2D rendering, and they're moving to 2.5D in several weeks. The response to gamer concerns is very positive; GMs are in the game and on the official forums, ready to answer any stupid questions.

Both basic and up-to-date MMORPG features are realized in this game, abundant interesting quests, character customization, pupil-master relations, guild wars, all kinds of crafting and upgrading, rebirth and those intriguing events.

I'm saying this to be fair, this game is not bad at all?and judging by the improvement that's been made, I deem it advisable for any real MMO fans to give it a try.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by mdjh

Giving a rating of 0 is really not rational and fair. I've downloaded the game, which is getting more and more compact now, and played the game too.
    Of course, quite a lot of things remain to hope for during the beta period, for example the graphics and the less smooth maneuver. But that's almost 1 year ago; I have to say the progress this game has made is amazing.
    No mention-worthy bugs anymore, the graphics are splendid and impressive in terms of 2D rendering, and they're moving to 2.5D in several weeks. The response to gamer concerns is very positive; GMs are in the game and on the official forums, ready to answer any stupid questions.
    Both basic and up-to-date MMORPG features are realized in this game, abundant interesting quests, character customization, pupil-master relations, guild wars, all kinds of crafting and upgrading, rebirth and those intriguing events.
    I'm saying this to be fair, this game is not bad at all?and judging by the improvement that's been made, I deem it advisable for any real MMO fans to give it a try.

And you surely be a dev from this piece of crap  to defend it like that........ This game should not be rated more than 3 and im generous there. And hyper your crap game like that will not help you because soon people try it like 10 min they will just put it back where it belong... IN A TRASH CAN.

• QueinaiQueinai Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by mdjh
    Giving a rating of 0 is really not rational and fair.

Interesting. What exactly is "rational and fair" about artificially inflating your own Hype-level? How is that fair to other games, and the readers who vote for them? If this game was any good, there would be no need to hype your own product. The very fact that you need to resort to hyping your own game is in itself evidence of how terrible it is.

• tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

Are all males in China 28? Lmao! 

I agree with this thread, this game shouldn't be on Mmorpg. I tried to load the game to give it a try and it wouldn't let me. I wanted to see if it had a single shread of playability and ofcourse, as with any bogus game that creates it's own hype, I couldn't even get on.

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

• imation48imation48 Member Posts: 5

LOL

i 've no idea why you guys so much negative to a developing game. Alright, i've tried this game for about an hour. Not all the matters look bad. At least, i find their pvp system is various. There must be some people favour this point as it's his or her taste.

if the matter actually goes like what you've told, then the hype should be 10 instead a 7. Guys, just be a little kind to a developing mmo

• KullisionKullision Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by imation48

LOL
    i 've no idea why you guys so much negative to a developing game. Alright, i've tried this game for about an hour. Not all the matters look bad. At least, i find their pvp system is various. There must be some people favour this point as it's his or her taste.
    if the matter actually goes like what you've told, then the hype should be 10 instead a 7. Guys, just be a little kind to a developing mmo

Is this one of the bad english guys that you were speaking of lol... he created the account today also...

play:LoTRO status: dragging
    tried: WAR, FFiX, WoW, Guildwars, Silkroad, Vanguard, AoC, Sword of the New World

• whatever1whatever1 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Kullision

LOL

Is this one of the bad english guys that you were speaking of lol... he created the account today also...

ha...narrow-minded man lol

Damn! A new account can't speak out his view in this forum?! how can you tell whether ones english is excellent or bad?! Ridiculous...

• kawlkjakawlkja Member Posts: 352
    Originally posted by whatever1

Originally posted by Kullision

LOL

ha...narrow-minded man lol

Damn! A new account can't speak out his view in this forum?! how can you tell whether ones english is excellent or bad?! Ridiculous...

• cherryhancherryhan Member Posts: 4

If you cant agree the devs' behaviour on this site, why you summon other players to create multiple accounts, to give a low hype ? i can't see any difference between your behaviour and the "stupid thing" you called what their devs did.

Originally posted by cherryhan

If you cant agree the devs' behaviour on this site, why you summon other players to create multiple accounts, to give a low hype ? i can't see any difference between your behaviour and the "stupid thing" you called what their devs did.

Its called equalizing. Look it up ...dev.

• calubobcalubob Member Posts: 36

Lol why the hell do you people care so much? The game is stupid, the hype meter is stupid and this thread is stupider than both. Move on.

• jesushijesushi Member Posts: 5

Despite i havent tried the game , i wanna say sth for it.

i noticed taht some accounts replied this thread also have only 1 or 2 posts, so how can we be sure to tell these guys are not devs  from other mmo games to attack shadow of legend? its not rational and fair

Originally posted by jesushi

i noticed taht some accounts replied this thread also have only 3 or 4 posts, so how can we be sure to tell these guys are not devs  from shadow of legend? its not rational and fair

fixed it

• darklildarklil Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by jesushi

i noticed taht some accounts replied this thread also have only 1 or 2 posts, so how can we be sure to tell these guys are not devs  from other mmo games to attack shadow of legend? its not rational and fair

i think this guy's talking sense. those who  want to make a judegement should have played this game and then you can have a relatively objective conclusion. ppl who like this game can go on. if you dont like it, just let it go. i dont think its decent to attack any game so cruelly.  whether like a game or not, we should be polite to developing teams' labour and efforts on the game. dont be too harsh!