Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Druid Guide Level 1-10, Part One

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com World of Warcraft correspondent James Wood writes this guideto playing a level 1-10 Druid in Blizzard's massively popular game. This is Part One.

Druids do it like animals! And you l be doing it like animal at level 10 or 20. But there even more to them than just shifting into a bunch of forms with different abilities and limitations. A Druid can be a tool of war, a healer or a protector, filling every role (and bank slots with gear for every purpose, those gear hogs).

Freshen Up Before You Fight

If you e new to World of Warcraft, then you will need some basic resources to help you get by. The most important of these resources are addons. For starters, get Cartographer and QuestHelper. I used these two and still do for most of my questing needs. Cartographer also has compatibility with several other addons that you may likely use later in the game.

Read Druid Guide Level 1-10, Part One

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

For the love of all things holy and unholy...

USE WORD TO SPELLCHECK/GRAMMAR CHECK THIS SHIT!@!

Better yet, get someone who graduated from the second grade...

• caithleencaithleen Member UncommonPosts: 29

Not helpfull.

Stack up on Int ? Allways take leather ?

• fmnch35fmnch35 Member Posts: 79

No dis-respect, but there are plenty of better guides out there; wowwiki, official forums or a quick google will yield better results.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by caithleen

Not helpfull.
    Stack up on Int ? Allways take leather ?

He did say before you get cat form.  Maybe its to spam moonfire.... :D

But enchant your gear so early in the level?  

RIP Orc Choppa

• NythiousNythious Member Posts: 32

Not trying to be mean, I know you spent time on the Guide. . .

but Warcraft is the easiest MMO currently available on the market.  You can not lose at Warcraft. . . It's impossible.  You can die every 5 minutes and eventually make it to max level.  

If you are incapable of looking for big golden questionmarks (?)

. . . You might consider a new hobby.  Like testing the conductivity of a toaster in water or making cardboard wings to test human flight. 

My suggestion? Write a raiding guide for Warcraft, it's really easy. Call it:

Avoiding Obvious and Dangerous S%!> That Falls or Grows From the Sky/Monster/Ground

and then only have 1 sentence in the book. 

Don't stand in the (TV Edit) Mother Blubber Fire!

Gaming is serious business.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Nythious

Not trying to be mean, I know you spent time on the Guide. . .

but Warcraft is the easiest MMO currently available on the market.  You can not lose at Warcraft. . . It's impossible.  You can die every 5 minutes and eventually make it to max level.  
    If you are incapable of looking for big golden questionmarks (?)

+1

Wasn't even going to say anything... but then I saw other people did so here I am.

Really, any sort of  "levelling guide" for WoW is a bit silly, but a 1-10 guide is just a waste of space. You need a guide for 1 hour worth of gaming time going from yellow exclamation mark to yellow question mark???

Edited: Cause sometimes i'm more dyslexic than I think I am

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I don't think I have ever commented on the reviewer in one of thise pieces before, but good lord.  The OP is a horrible writer. It completely detracted from what he was saying.  I would recommend abandoning all hopes of writing in favor of something a little more hands on, like auto mechanic or fork lift driver.

• LoopholeLoophole Member Posts: 27

Uh does this site have no quality standards for featured articles any more or something? The last couple of articles for WoW and Lineage 2 have all been random blog material at best. I could pick half a dozen forum posts and there'll likely be at least one saying something more interesting than all these features.

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279

Really?  A leveling guide for WoW!?!!  You've GOT to be kidding me.  A person can sleep and level to level 10 in WoW it guides you so easily.  As some others have said too, there are MANY leveling guides (best one I've seen is Jaime's) on the net that are free and take you through the WHOLE leveling process for either faction.   Also I hardly think if your an uber nub in WoW your going to be coming to mmorpg.com for tips on how to level anyways lol.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

I like the cartographer and questhelper part, as if this game wasn't awfully easy and obvious in the first place, they still can't read a quest text and ponder 10 seconds and search in a limited area. Terrible game, terrible community...

• merruamerrua Member Posts: 12

Guide is terrible.

Not enough information about the quests to help a new person.

Not enough information about the interface, class, areas or vendors to help a new person.

Not good enough information for those rolling an alt.  

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218

if you really want a druid guide. sht man. i coulda wrote everything this guy wrote in 3 sentances. (its called a summary, and taking out the useless sht)

i could prob wrote druid playing and leveling guide. in idk maybe 4-6 paragraphs (thats including mechanic explantion, structure of how it works, and strategys of using druids pve, and pvp)

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

The idea of writing a class guide for 1-10 in WoW is very small thinking and pretty much an awful idea for MMORPG forums in general.

so...