Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iphone MMORPG's

SuperthrustSuperthrust World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember Posts: 45

Anyone out there with an iphone that plays the MMO's that they have for them?

At the moment, the current ones are the Mobsters and Mafia Wars-esque apps, that are actual mmo's. They are free, and easy to play.

There are some other MMO's out there, and i am attempting to get a look at some of them.

The most intruguing one is a MMO style game that allows you to play with others using your GPS system on your phone. What it does is, it looks at your location on your phone. Then, places mobs, treasure, moneys, and NPC's around you that you can talk to, loot, fight, etc. Also, any other PERSON that has the game around you, you can join a group with them, fight them, trade, etc. I think its a very nice app.

Another fun one which is just for fun, is LootWars. It allows you to collect alot of loot or "junk" of random items for the mere purpose of HAVING it. Then, you can sell them to other players, trade, barter, etc. Again, same premise as you "Find" it while going around, and you can be waiting in line, and find a pair of magical blue sunglasses or something. Check them out! See you online!

**Note, they DO NOT require you to have a jailbroken Iphone, since they are free from the Itunes store!**

Comments

• KrelnorKrelnor Member Posts: 118

Shadow of Legend, I think you can play that on your iphone

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Krelnor

Shadow of Legend, I think you can play that on your iphone

I can't find anything about iphone support of their website. Are you sure? Can you provide a link?

• KrelnorKrelnor Member Posts: 118

Well it says it can work on Smartphones.  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/305

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578
    Originally posted by Krelnor

Well it says it can work on Smartphones.  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/305

Probably written for Windows Mobile. The Iphone is using an OS X variant, its a mac after all. :)

Anyway just made a quick check on the App store for iphone and within 2 min found a watchmen MMO and some agency game too. Just go to itune store - apps - roleplaying and look through the games there.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

The official term for an Iphone MMO is a CONFERENCE CALL.

Good day.

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578
    Originally posted by Vetarnias

The official term for an Iphone MMO is a CONFERENCE CALL.
    Good day.

He he not entirely true. Sat in the bus to work today moving my toon around in an online 3d enviroment avoiding getting attacked by other players on my iphone. A toon that gather gear and learn skills as you level up . . .

Sounds pretty MMO to me.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• plamziplamzi Member Posts: 3

Here's a real MMORPG (no lame HTML site or dumb 3D slasher)

You can sign up for the beta at: http://bedlam.eyecandid.com

Best,

plamzi

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Game: "If you want to accept this quest. Press "1". If you would like to leave press "2".

You: "Eh, this quest requires a group. I'll pass. *presses 2*"

Game: Thank you for pressing 2. Please hold while we process your request. In the mean time, please feel-*RING* Phone Call!

You: "Um, hello?"

Mom: "Yeah, it's your mother. What are you doing?"

You: "I'm playing a game. Sheesh. Go away, mom! *click*"

Game: "Thank you for holding. If you would like to move west. Please press 1"

You: "UGH!"

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • guo9810guo9810 Member Posts: 35

If you ask me, I hate those games, i have an ipod touch.  The only ones i like are Kingdoms at War 

The Game Awards start now!
    http://tinyurl.com/2fcjy69

• khanstructkhanstruct Member UncommonPosts: 756

I think Evony has an iphone app... not sure if I'd group 4x games in with MMOs though...

I don't really see any serious MMOs ever surviving long on the mobile market. Add-ons and meta play apps, sure, but the client?... eh. There's just not enough money in the mobile app world to support that kind of production. Nor is there enough processing power (IMO)

• coldrgcoldrg Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by khanstruct

I think Evony has an iphone app... not sure if I'd group 4x games in with MMOs though...
    I don't really see any serious MMOs ever surviving long on the mobile market. Add-ons and meta play apps, sure, but the client?... eh. There's just not enough money in the mobile app world to support that kind of production. Nor is there enough processing power (IMO)

Here is a Free mmorpg for iPhone: Haypi Kingdom

Http://www.haypi.com

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=341043140&mt=8

• newbie42newbie42 Member Posts: 1

I recomend you to check Galactic Empires. this game much better then other text based MMO on iPhone.

• joesmlsdjoesmlsd Member Posts: 2

Cartel Wars for iPhone is a pretty amazing, intellectual, socially based MMO. It's not for the weak of mind or heart so if you want easy 3D for a couple minutes, this isn't the game.

Cartel Wars is for the true MMOer. It's less RPG then MMO, but it is both. I know a lot of top GF and iMob players have moved there for the much better end-game experience. I did.

• galanagalana Member Posts: 7

An iPhone and iPad 3D MMORPG with a full perisistent online world, Highland Warrior:

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/rpg.html

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

old thread  revived,  but Pocket legends  is  an  MMO'  for the iphone/ipod touch  and soon coming for the pc and mac  i believe

one world multipe platforms

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

Yes pocket legends is pretty much the only 'proper' 3D MMO out there right now, Highland Warrior will quite possible be the second with a more realistic feel vs the cutesy style of PL. Still, good times for MMO lovers, it's nice that handheld devices are finally getting some decent 3D MMO style games.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Pocket legends is the one good one i've found.

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

can't see loot wars on the app store.

Yslandia and dofus I think are meant to be more familiar mmorpgs btw, rather than the mafia wars format.

• TahamtanTahamtan Member Posts: 232

No good MMORPGs on iphone yet.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Pocket Legends just released on Android.

v1.5 Just released also.

I think this dungeon-crawler is very good quality cheap entertainment.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Shame they didn't make Galaxy on Fire 2 a full on mmo would of been awesome, its a massive game.

• joesmlsdjoesmlsd Member Posts: 2

MMCV - 2105 Trinity was release this week for the iPhone platform....

Amaaaaazing MMORPG with pheno graphics, deep gameplay, strong eceonomy and market, excellent social aspects - incredible game- just take a peak. It's free to play, amazing.

www.mmcvgame.com 

• marcurimarcuri Member Posts: 1

I tried Haypi Kingdom, but couldn't get into it.  There's such a huge difference between established players and new players that I felt like I was wasting my time leveling up my sawmills to 3 and sending out armies with 5 people in them.  I love the idea of contests for iPads  though.

I really enjoyed Pocket Legends for 6-7 levels.  But the monsters litterally respawn every 30 seconds, so it got old fighting the same critters in the same places multiple times and eventually I uninstalled it.

gpsAssassin is pretty fun.  It's a persistent multiplayer combat game that uses gps.  Pull out your iPhone and attack players nearby, then hide or move on.  This one's not getting old as quickly, because every time I get to work, I know I need to watch out for 3 other players in my office.

- Mike

Cheers
    Mike.

Celtic Heroes is still in development but is taking beta applications now

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/rpg.html

(was called Highland Warrior before)

I'ts an MMORPG for iPhone and iPad.

Here are some pics from the site: