Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MM "ProtectorBots" L32 Upgrade ruins the whole game!! Be Carefull !

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

So finally i reached Level 32 with my Robot Mastermind , i was happy and went to the trainer to get my Level 32 Pet Upgrades.

This is the situation now >>

MY PROTECTOR BOTS ARE STUCK ALL TIME AT THE SAME SPOT, THEY ARENT MOVING ANYMORE, THE PETS ARE COMPLETLY USELESS NOW !

and  this is why  >

he Protector Bots get an upgrade to "SEEKER DRONES" > these drones make the Bot Pets Stuck at the same place, they surround the Protector Bots to close so that they cant move anymore !

NCSoft > THIS IS BAD !! very BAD ! This Bug is in the game since Weeks and you didnt Fix it ?

Its a gamebreaker for me, my pets arent moving anymore.

2 Accounts canceled tonight, i have enough really, the Pet classes in this game are all Broken since a long time, i didnt expect it to be that bad that i cant play my toon anymore.

Curse you Mister Developer that is responsible for this Bullshit...

Comments

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

?? I've never had this issue playing a robot mastermind. The only time I have had anything at all similar to this  is the one time I had a seeker drone in the doorway of a very small room and could not get it to move.

If you are having an issue like this, I could suggest taking teleport other. You can use it to summon your robots whenever they get stuck or misplaced, for this or other reasons. My other suggestion would be to summon your other bots, use the second upgrade, then summon your protectors and hit everything with your first upgrade. That will leave your protectors without their seeker drones while having everything else fully upgraded.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I never had that problem with them. The problem I had with it was feeling like I was in God mode. It got way to easy after l32

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

There are always more or less bugs in MMOs. Even in the best ones, such as Lotro Europe having auction house search functionality broken for weeks on all servers, and WoW's issues with stuck evading mobs wich took years to fix and another with pathing while using Blink or Charge wich apparently will never be fixed.

I'm sorry you encoutered an irritating bug. But take a deep breath, relax, and if one bug makes an MMO unplayable for you then you shouldn't be playing MMOs at all.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

SOLUTION > I took "RECALL FRIEND" to get the stuck Protector Bots back into business but its not ok NCSoft was not fixing this bug quick.

2 Pets are either without Upgrade 2 = no Grenades + Seeker Drones or they get stuck all time and wont Bubble you and your other bots.

Such bugs would have been fixed already by other companies.  It really cant be that complicated to increase the Fly hight or reduce the size for the drones a little to get them out of stuck positions....

NCSofts Developers seem to be a little to lazy often, they also didnt fix the Range Attack problem for the Thug bruiser or the Mellee Attack problem for some Ranged Pets that suddenly do suicide mellee runs.

So be carefull if you play a Mastermind there will be some bad surprises which can lead to dissapointment.

(no native english)

• ParisDragonParisDragon Member Posts: 141

OK, I do not experience this problem with my bots MM, he is level 37 and the bots annoy too many teams so I quit playing him, I logged in and tried to get my bots stuck using what you said with NO LUCK. I did cave mission, I did a building mission, I tried outside, I tried in a sewer and the only stuck type encounter was the bot was in the doorway in the sewer misison, so I backed up, he came out and I went through, but nothing like you mention here.

Now I have no doubt you are experiencing an issue or you wouldnt be upset, if you give me more specific details I would be glad to try and duplicate the issue to validate your claim with others. I dont know how the client utilizes the models of the bots, but perhaps something is wrong with your client files, have you tried all the ncsoft suggestions for fixing client side issues, including but not limited to a full scan of your client files?

Now I am assuming you have actually submitted a ticket for your problem and not just emailed a bug report so I am going on that assumption.

Now on to your statement "Such bugs would have been fixed already by other companies." made me seriously Laugh Out Loud, I type it because I actually did LOL, not just typing LOL. I would love to know which game these "other companies" run so I could join it. I havent found these companies yet and unless it is some unknown MMO, ive played it. Only 2 companies stand out in my mind when I think of customer support, Cryptic Studios and Blizzard, only ONE company stands in my mind for listening to the community on changes/additions to their title, Cryptic Studios. Blizzard basically lets suggestions from most players go in one ear and out the other, Cryptic Studios does not

Cith of Heroes/Villians
    --------------------------
    Heroes:
    Xenomorph 50 scrapper - Virtue
    Polar Force 50 Blaster - Virtue

Villians:
    Rhino Hulk 50 Brute - Virtue
    Destructor 48 Corruptor - Virtue

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

Do you think i am dreaming or what ? if the protector bots are on upgrade 2 they get stuck, you testet nothing. i found this on the "KNOWN ISSUES" list on the NCSoft page.  You test nothing dude, your claiming here that you tried out all i said.

Every single Level 32 Bot MM has this problem on Freedom and so on the other servers aswell.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/known_issues/known_issues.html

* Pathing: Protector Bots get stuck on their own Seeker Drones

This list of issues sucks, NCsoft is acting horrible, there are bugs i cant believe people accept. But a new Game Updat with an Mission Designer is more importand now than fixing old bugs..

• ParisDragonParisDragon Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Portland

Do you think i am dreaming or what ? if the protector bots are on upgrade 2 they get stuck, you testet nothing. i found this on the "KNOWN ISSUES" list on the NCSoft page.  You test nothing dude, your claiming here that you tried out all i said.
    Every single Level 32 Bot MM has this problem on Freedom and so on the other servers aswell.

This list of issues sucks, NCsoft is acting horrible, there are bugs i cant believe people accept. But a new Game Updat with an Mission Designer is more importand now than fixing old bugs..

Ok I just tried again, on my laptop they get stuck, on my desktop they do not get stuck. Obviously the biggest difference between my laptop and desktop is ram and the video card. I am not discounting you are having an issue and I am not discounting others are as well. I am trying to make you understand it might take more than 10 minutes to fix this issue if EVERY SINGLE MM isnt experiencing it. Why in the world my laptop would get them stuck on their drones and my desktop wouldnt is beyond me.

Also last I heard Cryptic studios usually puts fixes in with Issue updates as well, they may or may not have fixed this bug yet and I imagine they have more than one developer so they can work on more than one problem at a time, the person making the Mission designer may have nothing to do with game mechanics engine at all as it is mostly revamping their own internal interface for mission design to be end user friendly.

Now with that said it boggles my brain why they just dont quick patch and make the seeker drops not clip, who cares if they can fly off through walls as long as they can fly back in and not make some MMs pets get stuck and then those effected by the problem can enjoy the game.

Cith of Heroes/Villians
    --------------------------
    Heroes:
    Xenomorph 50 scrapper - Virtue
    Polar Force 50 Blaster - Virtue

Villians:
    Rhino Hulk 50 Brute - Virtue
    Destructor 48 Corruptor - Virtue

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Portland

there seem to be a number of people who play a bots MM (myself included) that have never experienced this problem.  as a matter of fact, i recently hit 50 on a bots/dark MM and i've yet to experience this problem on this MM, or the other 2 bots MMs which i have.  

so, maybe the people who post here, are not experiencing this bug?  i know i'm not.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• LeilaoLeilao Member Posts: 23

I myself have had this issue with my Robotics MM but it only happens when Im in cave maps~  It was also supposedly fixed some time ago but Im too lazy to get the patch notes >.<

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

It's generally a good idea for MMs to get Teleport Other in case their pets get stuck.

Curse you Paragon Studios for not having flawless AI, much better than almost every other game that has pets excluding WoW (on par imo).

• THAC0THAC0 Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

It's generally a good idea for MMs to get Teleport Other in case their pets get stuck.

Curse you Paragon Studios for not having flawless AI, much better than almost every other game that has pets excluding WoW (on par imo).

In fairness:

CoV builds can get pretty tight, especially taking IO sets into account,  so having to take an extra power that you might not necessarily want solely to work-around an AI issue *is* a pretty significant problem. Admittedly I didn't consider it game-breaking, but I have a lot of characters to fall back to and don't really consider my Bots MM my 'main'.  

I've never had to take recall friend on any other MM outside of my Bots during the period of time when this was an issue. It can be nice to have from time to time, but I've found simple pet binds a much more efficient method of controlling my pets... and it doesn't cost me a power + a power pool I might not necessarily want on that character.

This is an OLD thread, and this issue was actually fixed almost a year ago, not long after this thread was created... IIRC.