Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Jeff Hickman Interview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Managing Editor Jon Wood sat down with Mythic's Jeff Hickman to talk about a number of issues including: Rally Call, Career Balance, the game's 10-Day trial and more.

Screenshot

Recently, I had the opportunity to sit down with Mythic Entertainment’s Jeff Hickman to talk about a number of different issues that have come up recently about Warhammer Online.

In an article that we published last week, I talked a little bit about my impressions of Patch 1.2, a pretty hefty little update in which Mythic made changes galore. My mission: to find out exactly what the team’s “rally call” feature was all about. . We know that it’s a new system that will prompt players to port to the nearest Warcamp for some Open RvR goodness, but we wanted to know how it worked, and what we can expect from it in the future.

During our conversation, we also talked about issues like: Mythic’s current 10-day free trial, balancing careers, and other Warhammer issues:

Read the Jeff Hickman Interview

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

Jeff hit the nail on the head with me. I bought the game and played the free 30 days, really enjoyed it but had some issues and with WOTLK just round the corner I didn't feel it was worth subscribing. Even though WOTLK is probably WOW's best content to date, it's still more of the same and I got bored after a few months. So I thought, hey, I bet Mythic have fixed a lot of the issues I had with Warhammer at launch, I'll give it a spin for 10 days and if I like it I'll subscribe... they had, I did and I did! I haven't got a level 40 character so I can't talk about end game, but so far I'm really enjoying it. The live event was fun and rather predictably I've rolled a new Choppa but that is fun too! When I overdo it  I just play a little Wizard101 to chill out hehe and then I'm back on it :) Keep it up Mythic!

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

So Mythic has done it...he finally pulled me away full time from WoW and LOTRO....I can not describe the fun I am having with this game. No complex guild network to keep up with fun Dunegons to run when Im not in RVR cool scanarios that giev that Warhammer tabel top vibe. Awesome job Mythic keep up the good work

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

this one of the best games out there, my friends and family have a ball with it.

Keep it coming Mythic!

• ThandurinThandurin Member Posts: 21

It really is a good move on Mythic's part holding off on the free trials till they've gotten out a few patches. Good that they have a game plan for getting people back and some new folks too.

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

I'm still waiting on Slayers myself. I'll be playing MadWorld/StarOcean/HaloWars/DawnofWar2/etc until then (been a damn good month for gamers).

• WaraiOtokoWaraiOtoko Member Posts: 1

Well, I'm not all sunshine and roses about the game.  I feel obliged to give some of the downside to the current state of the game post 1.2. 

I currently play a Chosen (tank), Knight of the Blazing Sun (tank), Shadow Warrior (ranged DPS), Witch Hunter (Rogue) and Witch Elf ( Rogue).  All in all, the 1.2 patch was more of a problem than a fix.

Essentially all of the player testing that Jeff describes went into the two new classes that they are pushing into the game...the Slayer and the Choppa.  These new DPS classes are fun, but they came at the expense of many of the classes that players have devoted loads of time to. 

Prior to this patch, Bright Wizards were smashed with the Mythic nerf hammer (those that played DAoC will remember their heavy-handed approach to "balancing classes") destroying many of their direct fire lines. 

The complaints flowed in.

In response, Mythic reduced resists for this patch which allowed those same Bright Wizards to destroy entire warbands of players with AoE (area of effect) spells making playability in the last Tier of the game nigh impossible.  So once again, Bright Wizards are back on the chopping block.  New players may want to avoid them until Mythic decides whether they want to "balance" them again. 

The unhappy Witch Elves that Jeff talks about are in full revolt after 1.2.  The Witch Elf was the equal to WoW's dagger-specced rogue (notice I said "was").  High burst with one huge disadvantage...no armor.  They were glass tigers that were eay to kill if you saw one coming.  It should be noted that stealth does not work like other games.  It is limited in time and can be seen by anyone standing still.  It also breaks if one is hapless enough to walk into an AoE spell (that most players can't see due to the lag issues caused by server-side feeds).  Jeff notes that their damage was off the charts, but what he fails to mention is that the average Witch Elf got one shot at a target before they died.  So with patch 1.2, they removed the damage capability but failed to add any survivability.  This is one class I would not advise anyone to play.  If you enjoy playing assassin classes, this game has none in the first three tiers of play. 

The Witch Hunter received some love with this patch, but the backwards thinking of how rogue/assassin classes work leaves them still lacking. 

The White Lion class is still suffering from multiple bugs in their lines which makes them less of a threat than they should be...really, all the DPS classes are suffering from poor judgement on Mythic's part.  I would not advise rolling any of them, even the Choppa or Slayer, as most players expect they will be "balanced" soon.  At least don't devote any time to them if you do. 

If you play, play a tank or a healer.  A healer you say?  Yes, they are some of the best killers on the field in the first three tiers.  They are able to melee and can often out heal any dps done to them.  Tanks are tanks.  As a Chosen, I can MDPS at around the same level as true MDPS classes and have a higher survivability.  The only problematic part to the Chosen is that Mythic carried over the "twisting" mechanic used by Bards and Paladins in DAoC.  So with this class, you have twice the keyboard work to be as effective as your peers.

As for classes as a whole, the biggest drawback to this game is the development team.  They appear to be number crunchers...not players.  With each patch we see "adjustments" or "balances" to classes based on stats that really do nothing more than break something else.  And when it breaks, it really breaks as Mythic "balances" with a very heavy hammer.

As for the general gameplay...well, it gets stale.  After Tier 2 (there are 4 tiers of play to keep differing levels of players separated accordingly) it becomes a grind-fest.  The RvR system actually promotes less PvP play.  There are few rewards to glean from killing a fellow player and the loot system is horrible at best.  Some of the best items come from taking strongholds located in the RvR sections of each Tier.  The system is completely random (which means anyone has a chance of getting loot), but that also means it's a crap shoot.  The player that contributes most (this appears to be soley based on damage done) gets a bonus to their roll which often means nothing.  Plus there is no pass on this to give someone you think is deserving, a chance to acquire anything.  Additionally, the upper tiers tend to be dominated by Zergs (large masses of one side wiping everything in its wake).  This means that players that enjoy PvP in small groups have to wait for the zerg to pass before they can go back to playing in the RvR/PvP sections.  Mythic's intention with this game was to avoid the zerg-fest, but they failed.  Add to this server imbalance, forced server changes without warning and low daytime populations on most...well, you get the idea.

Overall, it's still a decent game.  The first two tiers are a blast to play and some of the old, loved items from DAoC were carried over.   Even with all of the issues facing the game, I still pay money for it because the good does outweigh the bad.  It's a new game and growing pains are to be expected.  PLUS...we have another patch coming up.  Mark Jacobs promises some big changes to some of the issues I've outlined here and I'm willing to give him a shot at it.

I would recommend giving the game a shot for the trial.  You will enjoy it.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

They're still not learning. Focusing on making the game World of Warhammer with casual friendly and simplistic everything, and still ignoring the DAoC players. The fact that they're still focusing on fixing things by itemizing them rather than actually making them deep and fun is a perfect example of this. Itemization is what got them into this mess in the first place. Keeps should NEVER EVER EVER have been itemized. It was a completely stupid move anyone could have seen, and yet they did it anyway because people like grinding gear, even at the sacrifice of the whole war effort. 

Also, clever girl, limiting the trial to tier 1, the most interesting part of the game since it isn't completely barren of content like tier 4. Though it makes it almost completely pointless for anyone with a character in tier 4 when they left to try out the trial given that they're only going to see the same sugar coated entry content they saw the last time, not the changes they're actually interested in.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Originally posted by WaraiOtoko

Well, I'm not all sunshine and roses about the game.  I feel obliged to give some of the downside to the current state of the game post 1.2. 
    I currently play a Chosen (tank), Knight of the Blazing Sun (tank), Shadow Warrior (ranged DPS), Witch Hunter (Rogue) and Witch Elf ( Rogue).  All in all, the 1.2 patch was more of a problem than a fix.
    Essentially all of the player testing that Jeff describes went into the two new classes that they are pushing into the game...the Slayer and the Choppa.  These new DPS classes are fun, but they came at the expense of many of the classes that players have devoted loads of time to. 

Prior to this patch, Bright Wizards were smashed with the Mythic nerf hammer (those that played DAoC will remember their heavy-handed approach to "balancing classes") destroying many of their direct fire lines. 

In response, Mythic reduced resists for this patch which allowed those same Bright Wizards to destroy entire warbands of players with AoE (area of effect) spells making playability in the last Tier of the game nigh impossible.  So once again, Bright Wizards are back on the chopping block.  New players may want to avoid them until Mythic decides whether they want to "balance" them again. 
    The unhappy Witch Elves that Jeff talks about are in full revolt after 1.2.  The Witch Elf was the equal to WoW's dagger-specced rogue (notice I said "was").  High burst with one huge disadvantage...no armor.  They were glass tigers that were eay to kill if you saw one coming.  It should be noted that stealth does not work like other games.  It is limited in time and can be seen by anyone standing still.  It also breaks if one is hapless enough to walk into an AoE spell (that most players can't see due to the lag issues caused by server-side feeds).  Jeff notes that their damage was off the charts, but what he fails to mention is that the average Witch Elf got one shot at a target before they died.  So with patch 1.2, they removed the damage capability but failed to add any survivability.  This is one class I would not advise anyone to play.  If you enjoy playing assassin classes, this game has none in the first three tiers of play. 

The Witch Hunter received some love with this patch, but the backwards thinking of how rogue/assassin classes work leaves them still lacking. 

The White Lion class is still suffering from multiple bugs in their lines which makes them less of a threat than they should be...really, all the DPS classes are suffering from poor judgement on Mythic's part.  I would not advise rolling any of them, even the Choppa or Slayer, as most players expect they will be "balanced" soon.  At least don't devote any time to them if you do. 

If you play, play a tank or a healer.  A healer you say?  Yes, they are some of the best killers on the field in the first three tiers.  They are able to melee and can often out heal any dps done to them.  Tanks are tanks.  As a Chosen, I can MDPS at around the same level as true MDPS classes and have a higher survivability.  The only problematic part to the Chosen is that Mythic carried over the "twisting" mechanic used by Bards and Paladins in DAoC.  So with this class, you have twice the keyboard work to be as effective as your peers.
    As for classes as a whole, the biggest drawback to this game is the development team.  They appear to be number crunchers...not players.  With each patch we see "adjustments" or "balances" to classes based on stats that really do nothing more than break something else.  And when it breaks, it really breaks as Mythic "balances" with a very heavy hammer.
    As for the general gameplay...well, it gets stale.  After Tier 2 (there are 4 tiers of play to keep differing levels of players separated accordingly) it becomes a grind-fest.  The RvR system actually promotes less PvP play.  There are few rewards to glean from killing a fellow player and the loot system is horrible at best.  Some of the best items come from taking strongholds located in the RvR sections of each Tier.  The system is completely random (which means anyone has a chance of getting loot), but that also means it's a crap shoot.  The player that contributes most (this appears to be soley based on damage done) gets a bonus to their roll which often means nothing.  Plus there is no pass on this to give someone you think is deserving, a chance to acquire anything.  Additionally, the upper tiers tend to be dominated by Zergs (large masses of one side wiping everything in its wake).  This means that players that enjoy PvP in small groups have to wait for the zerg to pass before they can go back to playing in the RvR/PvP sections.  Mythic's intention with this game was to avoid the zerg-fest, but they failed.  Add to this server imbalance, forced server changes without warning and low daytime populations on most...well, you get the idea.
    Overall, it's still a decent game.  The first two tiers are a blast to play and some of the old, loved items from DAoC were carried over.   Even with all of the issues facing the game, I still pay money for it because the good does outweigh the bad.  It's a new game and growing pains are to be expected.  PLUS...we have another patch coming up.  Mark Jacobs promises some big changes to some of the issues I've outlined here and I'm willing to give him a shot at it.

Notice how after your posts, the positive posts stop. There are things that WAR needs to fix, give them some time. I understand fixing the main issues is more important than slayer and choppa but they need to get in the game because of the large fanbase.  I do agree that keeps need to not drop pvp sets but instead become more epic like in DAOC. Equipment should be vendor bought fully offa renown due to its hard nature to level at higher ranks. Or at least to a token system like in beta, fck contribution <,<. But in the end when these issues are worked out, this is gonna be one hell of a solid mmo.

Originally posted by Darkfalz89

Notice how after your posts, the positive posts stop. There are things that WAR needs to fix, give them some time. I understand fixing the main issues is more important than slayer and choppa but they need to get in the game because of the large fanbase.  I do agree that keeps need to not drop pvp sets but instead become more epic like in DAOC. Equipment should be vendor bought fully offa renown due to its hard nature to level at higher ranks. Or at least to a token system like in beta, fck contribution <,<. But in the end when these issues are worked out, this is gonna be one hell of a solid mmo.

Assuming these issues are worked out. As I said, they're still running full speed in the wrong direction, looking to itemize RvR even more and doing nothing about the "musical keeps". They've also had how long? About six months if not more? Yeah, they've squashed some bugs and finished the other half of the content they were already mostly done with before they cut them at launch, but the crippling problems that make RvR a complete joke still remain.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• EQTarbosEQTarbos Member Posts: 130

I think jeff you messed up man  for the Witch elfs  I dont think they are Unhappy. I think that is WAY of a understatement!!! 

People are so mad in your fourms but you guys wont respond on simple questions asked about the nerf such as

1 what is the role of a Witch elf when u cant kill a healer or a caster?

2 Why do choppas have the same skills as witch elfs before 1.2? you deamed the same Skills as OP and nerfed them so why give them to choppa unnerfed?

3 Why is all the damage we do mitigated by healers?

4 why is slayers debuffs unremovable?

5 why is order people on the WE fourms asking why the WE are nerfed so bad?

6 How can a healer /lol at you wile they outheal you and wait for a buddy to come kill you?

the list goes on jeff and the Witch elfs want answers!!  

Maybe you can talk Mark jacobs in renameing the game to NERFHAMMER!!!!! 

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

I just subscribed to the 10 day returning player offer and am having a bit of fun at the game again.  The only balance issue for me are the slayers and choppas.  They are kind of ruining it for those who aren't playing those classes because they tear through everything in about 2 seconds.  When you aren't dealing with them (which is kind of hard currently because they are everywhere), the game is pretty ok.

• boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161

There is a bit of choppa madness at the moment but it will die down over the next few weeks. I'm playing one to see how it compares to my nerfed witch elf.

WAR pvp has been a lot about ranged fights or standing back and waiting for someone else to initiate a push, then climbing over their corpse to victory.

Now is a pretty exciting time for the game and my server is totally full with a lot of action in T4 every night. Can't wait for the new shared dungeon and whatever Mythic think of next!

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Originally posted by Kordesh

Originally posted by Darkfalz89

Assuming these issues are worked out. As I said, they're still running full speed in the wrong direction, looking to itemize RvR even more and doing nothing about the "musical keeps". They've also had how long? About six months if not more? Yeah, they've squashed some bugs and finished the other half of the content they were already mostly done with before they cut them at launch, but the crippling problems that make RvR a complete joke still remain.

Yes, musical keeps always about summed it up and ORVR pre T4 is still a ghost town. The game has been out about 6 months, how many mmos fixed all thier problems in 6 months? Im sure that its mythics fault to bolstering about this epic "ORVR" which turned out to be a pve fest to get your gear since get a peice of deva is like winning the lottery, which forces the musical keeps factor. Keeps need to be totally reworked. And about those WE, QQ more, this game is a teaem game not a 1 shot win for you nobo WE. Learn to play with a friend, cant solo kil healers? Work as a team :D And damage mitigated? How do you expect someone to survive 700+ crit spams in T3??? Welcome to WH my friends :)

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Centhan

I just subscribed to the 10 day returning player offer and am having a bit of fun at the game again.  The only balance issue for me are the slayers and choppas.  They are kind of ruining it for those who aren't playing those classes because they tear through everything in about 2 seconds.  When you aren't dealing with them (which is kind of hard currently because they are everywhere), the game is pretty ok.

I play a Squid Herder, and the Slayer is the best thing that ever happened to me, I've been killing lots of them lately! Ranged DPS is the counter to the 2 new melee DPS classes.

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250

They're still not learning. Focusing on making the game World of Warhammer with casual friendly and simplistic everything, and still ignoring the DAoC players. The fact that they're still focusing on fixing things by itemizing them rather than actually making them deep and fun is a perfect example of this. Itemization is what got them into this mess in the first place. Keeps should NEVER EVER EVER have been itemized. It was a completely stupid move anyone could have seen, and yet they did it anyway because people like grinding gear, even at the sacrifice of the whole war effort. 
    Also, clever girl, limiting the trial to tier 1, the most interesting part of the game since it isn't completely barren of content like tier 4. Though it makes it almost completely pointless for anyone with a character in tier 4 when they left to try out the trial given that they're only going to see the same sugar coated entry content they saw the last time, not the changes they're actually interested in.

Are you serious? All MMO trials restrict the content to the low end. Most trials have a level 10 or 20 level limit and confine you to the first tier or noob zones. To say WAR is "completely barren of content" in T4 is ridiculous. There is more things to do in T4 then any other tier in the game, where do you come up with this stuff? Just in T4 you have PvE content such as the 3 high end instances (2 city dungeons and 1 outdoor zone Lost vale), Lairs with a boss (another 2 more we're added with 1.2), quests with at least 5 epic quest lines in T4, tome of knowledge unlocks (the jewelry sets are nice) and PQs.

On the PvP side you have the majority of the content... since this is a PvP game. You have quests based around PVP, Influence rewards, Scenarios, Keeps, Battle Objectives, RvR Influence, Fortresses and finally the City Sieges/Defense. Add in the PVP based events they've already done and the ones to come as well. Finally you have the Tomb King RVR dungeon in the next couple months which is adding RVR battlegrounds, new PvE stuff, PQs, Quests and more all for free.

Another thing, if people had a tier 4 character then they don't need to play the trial. They can activate their old account and get 10 free days to play with their Tier 4 character. So your point about the trial is moot. I do not think WAR is perfect and i've given my fair share of feedback and criticism to Mythic on another site. Any sane person knows MMO's are an ongoing process and Mythic has shown that they are in it for the long haul as every part of the game has gotten tweaks or improvements since launch. Mythic has not rested on their laurels because if they had I would have unsubscribed. But they've kept at it and that should be acknowledged. We all complain about how companies let their games die, don't add anything to them and etc. so give credit where it is due. The whole point of the free trial and the free 10 days for former subscribers is to show people that WAR has been worked on non-stop since they've left.

How much did you get paid to write that? Or was your last favorite MMO WoW and thus you have an undying love for what is essentially WoW with more PvP? More content in tier 4 than any other game, um, what? Are we talking PvE content, which is a joke in itself? I'm sorry, I thought this was supposed to be an RvR game, and don't try to backpeddle on that since you said yourself several times "this is a PvP game". Because there sure as hell isn't any decent RvR content. Scenarios are RR factories and should never have been implemented in the first place, and ORvR only currently exists to farm loot from each other. The ORvR areas are fairly drab and uninteresting at that. The battlefield objectives aren't even worth acknowledging.

In addition, after reading what MJ said about Origins and there "not being enough interest" as an excuse to finally bail out of the promise they've failed to uphold for over a year, Mythic has offically no more respect from me.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Class balance in this game is not so good right now. For example, they took a warrior priest and disciple of khaine which are 2 healer types and made them exact opposites so they would be somewhat balanced. That is all good but what they forgot to do or it seems is take those classes and balance them with the rest of the classes. The game is getting better though but slowly. If Jeff is back peddling then so be it, this game needs more interesting pve content in order for this game to be alot better. ORVR is nothing more than zerv vs zerg which is imo a waste of time. Scenarios are a much better source of pvp for this game as it stands now.

• EQTarbosEQTarbos Member Posts: 130

God i cannot wait till DAOC 2 comes out..   maybe we will get a better game than Nerfhammer.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JamkullJamkull Member UncommonPosts: 214

I haven't played in a good month or two, but i played for about 3 months just after the release.  and people playing Witch elves then had issues with getting comparable damage to any ranged dps.  mainly due to them having less defense than mage types, they should put out some serious over the top damage when they do actually get to hit, or at least buff up their defense so they can actually get in for a few hits before they are toast.  seems like the whole rogue fiasco all over again from DAoC.  But at least rogues did have *some* armor. 

one thing from the interview that got to me was this:

“That’s a great point,” he said. “There are a couple of ways to look at it: Certain systems we don’t want to explain. We don’t want to tell you the exact ins and outs of how exactly everything works but there’s a point at which you need to know how to use it. I think Twisting Tower is a really good example of that. I don’t want to slam my team; Twisting Tower is a really cool scenario, it’s also very complex and when you go into it, it’s just like any other scenario. It works in pretty much the same way: you come to the loading screen, it tells you that you need to capture the Atrium and the Loft to capture the Oculus of Change… and you’re like ‘great… what does that mean?” I get in there to play and it’s like I have no idea what I have to do so I play it three or four times to figure it out. So I think definitely, we can work on it. I think for the simpler systems in the game, what we have works really well, but when you get more complex, I think we need to improve on how we give that information to players. It’s difficult, because we can run into tooltip overload where the solution is just to put a tooltip in because that’s how we generally explain things… Sometimes we try to do this with our more complex systems and we find that it’s just too much so then our recommendation to our team becomes, ‘don’t be so complex, keep things simple because we want players to understand.”

So i guess he thinks the players are to much of simpletons to understand complexity?  I guess the dev team is so thick headed that they can't think of using the Internet and post a web page detailing new and upcomming scenerios before even going live and then giving tool tips in-game for certain key reminders!?

Mythic has really lost it...

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250

How much did you get paid to write that? Or was your last favorite MMO WoW and thus you have an undying love for what is essentially WoW with more PvP? More content in tier 4 than any other game, um, what? Are we talking PvE content, which is a joke in itself? I'm sorry, I thought this was supposed to be an RvR game, and don't try to backpeddle on that since you said yourself several times "this is a PvP game". Because there sure as hell isn't any decent RvR content. Scenarios are RR factories and should never have been implemented in the first place, and ORvR only currently exists to farm loot from each other. The ORvR areas are fairly drab and uninteresting at that. The battlefield objectives aren't even worth acknowledging.
    In addition, after reading what MJ said about Origins and there "not being enough interest" as an excuse to finally bail out of the promise they've failed to uphold for over a year, Mythic has offically no more respect from me.

Do you even read what your replying to?! I did not say "more content that any other game". I said "more then any other Tier." I said it is a PVP game ONCE, not several times. PvP = RvR and you know it. Your still fighting other players, your just being facetious now. Stop adding in stuff that was never said. You did not even respond to the trial thing 'cause you know every MMO does it and you just wanted another paragraph to QQ about war. It sounds like you don't even play WAR. I am not the biggest fan of WAR (server population issues and class balancing need work ASAP) but the stuff you said was plain false. At least spout valid criticisms, not stuff you are typing just to see yourself post.

• vasilchovasilcho Member Posts: 42

sadly, this game is approaching its choke point, and its bacause of stupid developer and management decisions. they just follow the path set by others, denying any existing issues, ignoring reasonable player feedback and trying to please whoever cries most in they hope to keep them subscribed. 1.2 was a complete disaster, game is far worse now. it takes enormous amount of time and force to take a keep now, and it there are more than 5 mages defending you can forget about it. AoE is totally out of control, to the point most sorc/bw just spam the same skill over and over and over again, no matter the target, the range to it, or anything else. and they get rewarded for doing so by insane amounts of renown, kills, kbs and all that. 2 weeks after the changes, they have yet to acknowledge its out of hand, they're looking at it lol. reasonable players (mostly BWs from what ive seen) have already provided numerous videos, combat logs and general oppinions on the matter, but thats not enough to even get a freaking answer from someone at mythic, besides the usual crap. not to mention people were guessing it would come to this month before it went live, guess they take a lot of note on how things work on the PTS... not. 

and the fcked up balance isnt the only thing we got in 1.2. some people made tons of money thanks to mythic overlooking the craft changes, while in general apothecary sees no market demand at all (I play on Azgal, easily one of the most populated servers... no one buys stuff, im happy to make 5g profit per day). engame? nothing changed there, same old boring crap. add to it how hard it is to lock a zone with some defense now (lol domination system), the insane buff to city invasion PQ, which (again, note the trend) makes it almost impossible to beat when there is any kind of defence and you can see why we're down to 5 servers in EU. but dont you worry, MJB is assuring us people are not leaving the game, while in the same time they already have a return program, which is pretty sad for a game that young. eh well, I got 10 days left, hope they get some brains by then, cause im not planning to give this game third chance (first time deactivated cause of dead server, took GOA only a month to realize the server is actually dead lol)

oh forgot to add, the SW, which is considered by almost everyone the most undeveloped class in the game, is still not getting attention from the developers, and its not even mentioned for the incoming patch. ofc, we got the usual 'we're working on it' crap )

• clive123clive123 Member Posts: 2

Jeff Hickman says, "we try to help players understand so that perception is good"

That is a complete and utter lie. Players have been asking for an explantion and have gotten nothing but silence.

During the testing of these changes you locked the threads that were not inflamatory at all, when the Devs were shown to be wrong time and time again about the changes, or had no idea about the class and skills the class had, that they were changing. And then class changes still going in based on a skill a character class did not have, not being reversed.

What you can expect in T4 RvR... PvE.

Warbands avoiding each other to PvE the latest open target, and again Devs locking no inflamatory threads discussing this issue during testing.  Devs ignoring that its easier to PvE RvR rank and avoid fights than the reward to actually fight.

• clive123clive123 Member Posts: 2

They've also had how long? About six months if not more? Yeah, they've squashed some bugs and finished the other half of the content they were already mostly done with before they cut them at launch, but the crippling problems that make RvR a complete joke still remain.

6 monthes should have been more than enough to fix their endgame content.

And sure they've fixed some bugs,  the problem is they keep re-introducing the bugs they fix, and adding far far many more than they fix.

And again, its easier to PvE to rank up in RvR and avoid fighting than it is to actually fight still, and the train goes on... well not for me anymore.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

wow i had a nice post until i used spell check yikes!