Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A second look.

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I'll admit when I first started playing WAR i didn't give it much of a chance.

I played for about three weeks and just gave up since Im more of a sandbox fan And I didnt like the lack of pve stuff to do.

I noticed a trial finally being given by mythic while I was at my brothers house i decided to DL it there since he's never tried it before.

I must say Mythic has done something right. My brother runs a system so old he cant handle WoWs new shadows revamp lol.

Hes using a 2.4 single core, 256mb agp (nvidia 6800gt) and 2 gigs of ram. Believe it or not this little bastard can run WAR on medium/low settings. I have no clue how, maybe the client runs better with XP? but anyway my original bashing of the stability of the game is taken back now the game runs fine.

He rolled a Marauder which I must say is actually well animated compared to my Black ork that I remember playing.

Did Mythic enhance animtations also? the combat seems faster (or it could just be me now that ive been away from wow for a year and change).

using that battlecry mechanic he was in the world pvp area of Tier 1 with a whole mess of people and only stuttered here and there (which is expected with a 6+ year old PC). He loves the PQs in his own words "its like a Raid, newbs could do".

I remember playing WAR a couple months back and people were anti-social like they were in WoW. It seems alot of the old WoW players left. now Regional is very active people are having conversations, inviting for PQs and pvp. its become very group heavy. While leveling his character I saw him in atleast 10 different groups doing PQs or ORVR.

He was running scenarios, ORVRing, questing and PQing. Hell my first play through I didn't even realize the game had crafting. Butchering, scavaging, salvaging, cultivating, apoc, talisman crafting. thats a decent amount of stuff.

I would like to see sometype of armor and weapon crafting in WAR but with all the reward vendors that may take away from the game, Why run scenarios, Rvr or dungeons if you can just get the best stuff crafted? This seems to be the one game that actually wouldnt get better with a heavy focus on crafting.

All in all I think the game is pretty decent and kinda regret giving it a hardtime.

I'm going to DL the trial at home and give that new Slayer a whirl in a couple weeks.

Thanks for reading.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

I think more people should really give it a second chance ;)

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

It's awesome this game has a free trial.  I thoroughly enjoyed the first tier more than any other part of the game, and I can see myself playing free trials for endless fun :)

• ed515ed515 Member Posts: 67

yup, I was pretty much the same. didn't re -sub after pre-ordering the first 30 days. a month ago circuit city was selling their stuff so i got a 60 day card for $15 and decided to give it another go. Now i'm actually enjoying it alot and will probably for quite some time. can't wait for the server consolidation for more players.

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320

i wanted to try this out when it started, but didn't know if my comp would run it. Also, not having a job really holds me back from lots of MMOs and i was dissapointed i couldn't start this. When i heard of the trial, i quickly jumped on and i'm really enjoying it. I love the ORVR and i'm always in a warband, and today i can try out the slayer since i finished the event in 5 hours. So when i do get a job, i'm buying this game

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I'm not sure why, but Mythic's games (DAOC & WAR) get pretty laggy when people start to congregate for PvP. I've had a range of computers, all of them more than adequate to handle anything that even AoC could throw at it; I've lived in several different states w/ varying internet speeds, but none lower than broadband DSL, and I still get lag in PvP.

I'm thinking Mythic is using some technology from the DAoC days, because it doesn't make sense for me to lag with the rig I have. Hell, I just loaded up DAoC a couple days ago for nostalgic reasons and I was astonished that I had some lag.

Anyone else feel Mythic has a trend of having laggy games? Maybe it's the technology they use? I just can't play WAR when the best thing to do is ruined when more than 10-20 people start piling up in the same place.

• dinuriumdinurium Member Posts: 79

War is a great game.    If you have a good PC, this game wont lag at all.   I have a 260 216 nvidea,  I only lagged during Fort takes.   Even then I only had to turn off player names.

Originally posted by dinurium

War is a great game.    If you have a good PC, this game wont lag at all.   I have a 260 216 nvidea,  I only lagged during Fort takes.   Even then I only had to turn off player names.

So are you calling me a liar? I have a great PC, especially relative to WAR's semi-outdated graphics and viewing distance. Intel C2D 2.66 ghz. 4 gigs of RAM 8800 GT 512mb video card and etc. It's not the best, but certainly is more than enough to run WAR on max settings with a hundred people on the screen without having to worry about lag, yet the game lags. I don't have any proof, but while in-game in December, which was the last time I played, others mentioned getting the lag too. Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't lag exactly, but hitching. I just remembering not being the only one and my computer isn't at fault.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360

If your game only lags in crowded combat, you can probably fix it by setting spell effects to only show on yourself. I have 4 pretty beefy machines running the game, and I need to turn spell effects off on all of them to run good in situations where there are 40 or more people fighting in a lord room.

• soap46soap46 Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by nate1980

So are you calling me a liar? I have a great PC, especially relative to WAR's semi-outdated graphics and viewing distance. Intel C2D 2.66 ghz. 4 gigs of RAM 8800 GT 512mb video card and etc. It's not the best, but certainly is more than enough to run WAR on max settings with a hundred people on the screen without having to worry about lag, yet the game lags. I don't have any proof, but while in-game in December, which was the last time I played, others mentioned getting the lag too. Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't lag exactly, but hitching. I just remembering not being the only one and my computer isn't at fault.

You're right, this game WILL lag.  I stopped playing a couple months back, but on my machine (3.6Ghz Core I7, 4 gigs of Ballistix RAM, 2x Nvidia 9800GTX's, and 2 500 GB solid state drives) I would get framerate drops.  However, it wasn't usually during huge fort takes.  It was dumb things.  Specifically this one lightening attack one of the Tier 2 Human PQ bosses did.  Would completely annhilate my fps.  Poorly, poorly optimized game.  But that's EA for you. 

All in all, not a bad game though.  If you can look past the weird technical issues.

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

I'm not sure why, but Mythic's games (DAOC & WAR) get pretty laggy when people start to congregate for PvP. I've had a range of computers, all of them more than adequate to handle anything that even AoC could throw at it; I've lived in several different states w/ varying internet speeds, but none lower than broadband DSL, and I still get lag in PvP.
    I'm thinking Mythic is using some technology from the DAoC days, because it doesn't make sense for me to lag with the rig I have. Hell, I just loaded up DAoC a couple days ago for nostalgic reasons and I was astonished that I had some lag.
    Anyone else feel Mythic has a trend of having laggy games? Maybe it's the technology they use? I just can't play WAR when the best thing to do is ruined when more than 10-20 people start piling up in the same place.

I think it's the Gamebryo engine, the same one used for Oblivion. Probably that along with a strange mix of the servers. It's not really bad except in Keeps/Forts, and they're constantly making (or trying to make) stability/FPS improvements in those two areas especially.

To the OP: Glad you gave it another shot. WAR is more sandbox in that you have the freedom of PvEing or PvPing, even if there are levels. You aren't forced to go one way or the other which means you can pick and choose. The downside, in WAR's case, is the particular lack of content right now - but it still was rushed a little bit (only 3 years in development) and content comes with time. For instance, the Land of the Dead that's coming in June. Crafting has also been called weak, but I like the new improvements they made in 1.2. You're right about armor/weapon crafting I think; few people actually care about the Realm, and about winning. They want that carrot on the stick, they need that material reward. Oh well, they probably don't play sports because there's rarely a material reward for winning a game, but you still try anyways.

I don't think they improved animations that much, except for blocking and parrying. Those were improved a couple of months ago, right when Knight and BG came out. I still see some choppy animation and overall it's not quite as fluid as I'd like it to be, but animations hit FPS pretty hard and when you have many people on your screen, you want your animations to be as simple as possible. A good example is Medieval 2: Total War. When you have huge 3000+ unit battles, unless you have a very good comp you'll need to turn the Unit Detail Level down, which also lowers the detail of their animations along with their textures.

Anyways, this 10-day Trial was a step in the right direction, definitely. Shows Mythic is proud of their product, despite all the negativity. Or, they just want more sales - either one .

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I think Mythic knew what they were doing with 1.2...Hence the free trial...i stayed a totale of two months after launch due to me being jobless...but i pick up where i left off (on a different server) and i am still loving it and this ten day free trial is such a good thing for the game and hopefully those who wait to see what it is all about will cause you cna get a pretty good idea of oRvR in Teir one  

Originally posted by Salvatoris

If your game only lags in crowded combat, you can probably fix it by setting spell effects to only show on yourself. I have 4 pretty beefy machines running the game, and I need to turn spell effects off on all of them to run good in situations where there are 40 or more people fighting in a lord room.

Yes, I know. I'm both stubborn and picky, which is why I probably don't play a MMORPG anymore. I refuse to lower my graphic settings when my computer "should" be able to run anything WAR can throw at it. Now with AoC, I could understand if I might need to lower some settings, because my computer isn't "that" good. I can run AOC on maxed settings with minor variations in performance through gameplay, but WAR gets funky.

You're right, I probably could lower my settings and probably wouldn't experience a hiccup in performance anymore, but why should I have to do that? The games graphics are old by todays standards and the viewing distance is incredibly short, so I shouldn't have any problems. It's the principle of the matter.

So I quit for a combination of things. Graphics were really fine for my personal standards, but horrible if I had to lower them. Gameplay was boring, but not a whole lot different than other games. The purpose of the game wasn't my cup of tea, even though I loved DAoC. Instant gratification PvP wasn't what I was looking for. Classes that are so similar that they could be called mirrors is a huge leap backwards from DAoC's classes. Basically, I wasn't happy at all with WAR, except for the first month and a half when I still had my new guy glasses on.

I only commented on the lag and performance problems, because I recently subbed to DAOC and was having the same problems on that game. I'm not a tech guy, so I don't know why my machine runs good in practically any other game, but gets hiccups in DAoC and WAR. I'll spare you all and quit ranting. I'm like one of those old men who won't stop once you get them started.

Anyways, I'd like to thank some of the WAR fans on this forum for not jumping down my throat. I wasn't trying to bash WAR or it's community and would rather get along with everyone. I just wanted to point out/ask about a recent problem I noticed and was checking to see if it was a trend.

Originally posted by soap46

You're right, this game WILL lag.  I stopped playing a couple months back, but on my machine (3.6Ghz Core I7, 4 gigs of Ballistix RAM, 2x Nvidia 9800GTX's, and 2 500 GB solid state drives) I would get framerate drops.  However, it wasn't usually during huge fort takes.  It was dumb things.  Specifically this one lightening attack one of the Tier 2 Human PQ bosses did.  Would completely annhilate my fps.  Poorly, poorly optimized game.  But that's EA for you. 

All in all, not a bad game though.  If you can look past the weird technical issues.

Okay, yeah you know what I mean then. It's things that doesn't make sense. Things you shouldn't have a problem with, but you do anyways that screams there is some tech problem on Mythics side.

Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

I think it's the Gamebryo engine, the same one used for Oblivion. Probably that along with a strange mix of the servers. It's not really bad except in Keeps/Forts, and they're constantly making (or trying to make) stability/FPS improvements in those two areas especially.

To the OP: Glad you gave it another shot. WAR is more sandbox in that you have the freedom of PvEing or PvPing, even if there are levels. You aren't forced to go one way or the other which means you can pick and choose. The downside, in WAR's case, is the particular lack of content right now - but it still was rushed a little bit (only 3 years in development) and content comes with time. For instance, the Land of the Dead that's coming in June. Crafting has also been called weak, but I like the new improvements they made in 1.2. You're right about armor/weapon crafting I think; few people actually care about the Realm, and about winning. They want that carrot on the stick, they need that material reward. Oh well, they probably don't play sports because there's rarely a material reward for winning a game, but you still try anyways.

I don't think they improved animations that much, except for blocking and parrying. Those were improved a couple of months ago, right when Knight and BG came out. I still see some choppy animation and overall it's not quite as fluid as I'd like it to be, but animations hit FPS pretty hard and when you have many people on your screen, you want your animations to be as simple as possible. A good example is Medieval 2: Total War. When you have huge 3000+ unit battles, unless you have a very good comp you'll need to turn the Unit Detail Level down, which also lowers the detail of their animations along with their textures.

Anyways, this 10-day Trial was a step in the right direction, definitely. Shows Mythic is proud of their product, despite all the negativity. Or, they just want more sales - either one .

Maybe the engine is the problem. That'd make a lot of sense to me and would make me feel a bit better, haha. I have a lot of faith in Mythic, DAoC being my first game and I playing it for so many years, that I know WAR will be a great game one day.

I did enjoy being able to pick and choose whether I would PvP or PvE. I PvPed mostly, in open RvR, but I leveled up soooo slow compared to others PvEing and mixing scenarios with open RvR. I wouldn't be on this forum if I didn't have a shred of interest in resubbing. It's a little shred, but a shred none-the-less. I personally am not concerned with content. Hell, I loved just grouping up and camping mobs in DAoC, doing dungeon crawls, and fighting in BG's while leveling up. I could care less about content and hate content when it provides you with a better way to level up than what I like to do, because then I am forced to do that stuff.

The community playing MMO's these days really bug the crap out of me. I know I'm being pretty negative in this thread, but I promise I'm an optimistic guy (most of the time). I've grown tolerant of the community that's came to MMO's since WoW, but for some reason their getting to me these past few months. It's like I just got tired of being surrounded by these people, like it's dragging me down from how I should be acting as a 28 yr old and who I should be hanging around with at my age. Finding people my age AND my maturity level is really tuff these days and I'm constantly bombarded with reminders that I might not belong in MMO's anymore. The whole optimizing crowd bugs the crap out of me too. I just want to play and have fun doing what I like to do, but the optimizers figure out the best way to do things, publish it on the .net, and then everyone feels they have to do it that way or go home.  Not much room for experimentation anymore, even in a new game. Total killjoys. Oh sorry, it's the loot chaser comment that sparked that. I'm the guy who enjoys fighting for his realm, because it's HIS realm and if he won't defend it, why should anyone else. It'd realm pride I guess. My satisfaction comes from a long hard fought battle and me winning hopefully, or at least losing with a good fight. Getting ass raped is never fun, and Destruction did nothing but that when the game first came out. That was one reason why I left the first time. Order had no chance. Not sure why that was; maybe class balance or maybe a lack of skill on ORder, but we blew. No one worked together or listened. Another fault of making a PvP game where classes aren't balanced, but instead realms are balanced as a whole. So you might not have a chance against a certain class by design. I remember Healers tearing ass. Pissed me off.

It's been a few months since I last played, so your input helped jog my memory. It was the animations and spells going off at the same time that caused the performance stir in larger battles.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I resubbed over a week ago and I been having fun since. We'll see how long it lasts before the boredom sets in but for now everything has been pretty good.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521
    Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

WAR has little to no PvE for starters crafting which is lacking. The games quest feel disjointed and Pve is very linear go from one warcamp to another. It is sad considering there are F2P MMOs that have more PvE content than this game and PQ is far too overused and it is shame no one bothers doing them after tier 1.

• The Gamebryo engine should be fine. I think it's more a case of bugs in the programming, such as one of the early really big frame rate issues which was caused by code that was rendering character models multiple times, which would become a massive resource hog the bigger the fights were.

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Darkheart00

WAR has little to no PvE for starters crafting which is lacking. The games quest feel disjointed and Pve is very linear go from one warcamp to another. It is sad considering there are F2P MMOs that have more PvE content than this game and PQ is far too overused and it is shame no one bothers doing them after tier 1.

This is what a post by an obvious troll looks like.  You have clearly never played the game and are just reposting wholly inaccurate BULLSHIT you saw someone else post.  This game has thousands of quests.  far more than enough to get you from 1-40 without ever doing anything but quests if that is what you feel like doing.  I have never played an MMO with either more or better PvE than Warhammer Online.  That part about about going from warcamp to warcamp is asinine.  Anyone who has played the game knows that warcamps just have RvR quests, and that there are hundreds of towns full of quest givers all over the map.  You can visit these towns in any order, or skip any of them entirely.  You can do PvE in any of the three realms or your capital any time you feel like it. 

Every zone has 3-6 public quests, which you can also choose to do or skip... even though these are exactly the kind of cool, unique quests everyone likes to say we need more of... this guy says that public quests are "overused", but no one does them.  What the hell is that even supposed to mean?  FYI, you can mouse-over a public quest now and see how many people are working on it.  People do the public quests all the way up, not just in tier one.  Since they are marked on the map before you find them now, and you can see whether people are at them or not, they are being played a lot more heavily than at launch.

Bottom line, this guy is a liar or an absolute moron.  Everything he has to say about PvE in WAR is wrong... not just a differing opinion, but flat-out wrong.

This is what a post by an obvious troll looks like.  You have clearly never played the game and are just reposting wholly inaccurate BULLSHIT you saw someone else post.  This game has thousands of quests.  far more than enough to get you from 1-40 without ever doing anything but quests if that is what you feel like doing.  I have never played an MMO with either more or better PvE than Warhammer Online.  That part about about going from warcamp to warcamp is asinine.  Anyone who has played the game knows that warcamps just have RvR quests, and that there are hundreds of towns full of quest givers all over the map.  You can visit these towns in any order, or skip any of them entirely.  You can do PvE in any of the three realms or your capital any time you feel like it. 

Every zone has 3-6 public quests, which you can also choose to do or skip... even though these are exactly the kind of cool, unique quests everyone likes to say we need more of... this guy says that public quests are "overused", but no one does them.  What the hell is that even supposed to mean?  FYI, you can mouse-over a public quest now and see how many people are working on it.  People do the public quests all the way up, not just in tier one.  Since they are marked on the map before you find them now, and you can see whether people are at them or not, they are being played a lot more heavily than at launch.

Bottom line, this guy is a liar or an absolute moron.  Everything he has to say about PvE in WAR is wrong... not just a differing opinion, but flat-out wrong.

I have been playing since CB, thousands of quests is maningless statement no one of the quests really carry on after from one camp to another they feel disjoined and never really grab my attention. As for warcamp i mean camp not warcamp :p as i said before in Beta there were lot of people doing PQs before exp nerf which made them pointless. In live most people simply ended up doing scens over and over again. Find me a server where people do PQs after tier 1 and i will surely and log in check it out i have not seen any such thing in Ironfist or Praag...

As for WAR having the best Pve how can you make that statement when there is little to no crafting, no much in terms of players doing instances or grouping for Pve. Stop with childish name calling fact remains the Pve is lacking one of reason why subscriber base has dwindled to these numbers.

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Axxar

The Gamebryo engine should be fine. I think it's more a case of bugs in the programming, such as one of the early really big frame rate issues which was caused by code that was rendering character models multiple times, which would become a massive resource hog the bigger the fights were.

I just resubbed yesterday because of the re-enlistment promotion, so I got to experience performance first hand for 4 hours in some 50+ person battles. While everything is loading into the world, which takes longer than most games, you will stutter and have poorer performance, but after everything loaded up, I seen a huge increase in performance compared to how the game was in December.

Now since the game is taking a while to load up actual players who are doing random things, plus NPC's, plus objects and terrain, I've decided to cut them some slack. That's a lot to load up really. I'm talking loading up warcamps here, since that's where my character is perma parked. PvE areas load up just as fast as any other game.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

I have been playing since CB, thousands of quests is maningless statement no one of the quests really carry on after from one camp to another they feel disjoined and never really grab my attention. As for warcamp i mean camp not warcamp :p as i said before in Beta there were lot of people doing PQs before exp nerf which made them pointless. In live most people simply ended up doing scens over and over again. Find me a server where people do PQs after tier 1 and i will surely and log in check it out i have not seen any such thing in Ironfist or Praag...

As for WAR having the best Pve how can you make that statement when there is little to no crafting, no much in terms of players doing instances or grouping for Pve. Stop with childish name calling fact remains the Pve is lacking one of reason why subscriber base has dwindled to these numbers.

I can't argue with the quests being boring, because I think quests in every MMO are boring, but I'd put them up there with WoTLK quality. Every single quest has you doing something semi important for the war effort, except it's only PvE so you don't actually change the world. Although the story acts like it advances when you go from one camp to the next. Each zone has their own problems and they are loosely tied to the previous zone, so if you're paying attention and reading the stories and quests, and your ToK, you shouldn't be making the comment you are about things feeling disjointed. Keep in mind that this isn't a single player game, so you won't get one direct story from lvl 1-40. No game has a direct story like that, unless you count LoTRO's Epic quests.

Anywho, the majority of players in my experience aren't really the questing types to begin with. They are the type that mixes some RvR with PQ's, which both are really all about killing stuff with other people. Crafting isn't PvE. Crafting is Crafting, and I think everyone agrees that it's lacking, but not many people care, since they're more into other things. It's a minigame for most and it would be one of those things we'd like to have eventually, but aren't sweating. I don't speak for the entire community, so if anything I say is different than what you all like, just say so. I'm just speaking from my experience in-game and on the forums. I haven't seen any instances, like WoW's, which I admit were fun, but there are dungeons with Elite mobs in them. They are harder than WoW's instances and require a good group of adventurers. But it really comes down to what you do in those dungeons that are important. You're just killing things with other people, period. WAR offers plenty to do if you want to kill things with other people, including RvR, Quests, PQ's, and Dungeons. Yeah, you don't have the OMG Loot factor in WAR to motivate you to do instances, but anyone can tell you this game isn't about loot, it's about the battles. Sure there's loot, it's an RPG after all, and sure people want the best loot, but it's not a loot grinding game. What game are you playing or comparing WAR to anyways. It sounds like WoW, but it could be another game, so I won't assume.

If you are talking about WoW, then I agree that WoW is a better game, but if I want to pvp for 5 min without waiting, I can do that in WAR. If I want to PvP for an hour uninterrupted, I can do that in WAR. If I want to PvP from lvl 1-40, I can do that in WAR. If I want to easily find a group to kill PvE stuff at all levels, I can do that in WAR. If all I cared about was having a fun soloing experience from 1-40, with the occasional group quest and instance, with phat loot, I'd play WoW. Fortunately, I just want to PvP and PvP when I want and as long as I want, without any pressure from freaks that exclude others for being a low level or wearing bad gear, or not being the right spec. In WAR, no one cares what level you are, even if you're level 1, you're welcome. People just want another warm body on the field. That's what Mythic does. They inspire camradre in it's playerbase and the playerbase sticks together.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• XantalXantal Member Posts: 32

^^

Excellent post and some really good analogies/examples to put things in perspective.

Originally posted by JK-Kanosi

I can't argue with the quests being boring, because I think quests in every MMO are boring, but I'd put them up there with WoTLK quality. Every single quest has you doing something semi important for the war effort, except it's only PvE so you don't actually change the world. Although the story acts like it advances when you go from one camp to the next. Each zone has their own problems and they are loosely tied to the previous zone, so if you're paying attention and reading the stories and quests, and your ToK, you shouldn't be making the comment you are about things feeling disjointed. Keep in mind that this isn't a single player game, so you won't get one direct story from lvl 1-40. No game has a direct story like that, unless you count LoTRO's Epic quests.

Anywho, the majority of players in my experience aren't really the questing types to begin with. They are the type that mixes some RvR with PQ's, which both are really all about killing stuff with other people. Crafting isn't PvE. Crafting is Crafting, and I think everyone agrees that it's lacking, but not many people care, since they're more into other things. It's a minigame for most and it would be one of those things we'd like to have eventually, but aren't sweating. I don't speak for the entire community, so if anything I say is different than what you all like, just say so. I'm just speaking from my experience in-game and on the forums. I haven't seen any instances, like WoW's, which I admit were fun, but there are dungeons with Elite mobs in them. They are harder than WoW's instances and require a good group of adventurers. But it really comes down to what you do in those dungeons that are important. You're just killing things with other people, period. WAR offers plenty to do if you want to kill things with other people, including RvR, Quests, PQ's, and Dungeons. Yeah, you don't have the OMG Loot factor in WAR to motivate you to do instances, but anyone can tell you this game isn't about loot, it's about the battles. Sure there's loot, it's an RPG after all, and sure people want the best loot, but it's not a loot grinding game. What game are you playing or comparing WAR to anyways. It sounds like WoW, but it could be another game, so I won't assume.

If you are talking about WoW, then I agree that WoW is a better game, but if I want to pvp for 5 min without waiting, I can do that in WAR. If I want to PvP for an hour uninterrupted, I can do that in WAR. If I want to PvP from lvl 1-40, I can do that in WAR. If I want to easily find a group to kill PvE stuff at all levels, I can do that in WAR. If all I cared about was having a fun soloing experience from 1-40, with the occasional group quest and instance, with phat loot, I'd play WoW. Fortunately, I just want to PvP and PvP when I want and as long as I want, without any pressure from freaks that exclude others for being a low level or wearing bad gear, or not being the right spec. In WAR, no one cares what level you are, even if you're level 1, you're welcome. People just want another warm body on the field. That's what Mythic does. They inspire camradre in it's playerbase and the playerbase sticks together.

Good points but

Crafting contributes to Pve or even PvP since you have to farm certain mobs, run instances. As for storyline i am not complaining about Tok. I am taking about  how the game is structured so linearly each zone has a camp for specific chapter with couple quests after a while it just gets repititative. I would have been much happier if they had couple zones with a smaller cities/hubs rather than same old camps with npcs that do not one shot you, to encourage both sides to attack each others hubs. Along with instant travel the game just seemed to be casual friendly version of WoW with some DAoC throw in there.

I am not taking about loot i am talking about encouraging group play, the game has nice LFG system that said as i noted earliar. The poo chat system (took then 2 mths to fix ), scens, too many zones and lack of activity in cities seem to discourage grouping or socializing more so than any MMO (exception of AoC) to date

I do not think even remember teaming with anyone in T2,3s other than occasional RvR. Heck even in F2P MMOs like RoM i grouped with tons of players to lll elites, grind quests etc. Hopefully new instances they have planned can address that.