Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Permanently banned from the official forums

ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

I was permantly banned from the official forums. here was my post

"There have been a lot of small companies trying to make revolutionary sandbox pvp games. Dark and Light, Roma Victor, Mourning, Shadowbane and now Darkfall.

And they all have been failures. What makes you think this game will be any different? I don't think small companies have the resources to pull off a complete MMORPG."

I don't see anything banable in that. Its seems that the mods in that forum are even worse than the Darkfall forums. This isn't a good sign. It show sthat they have something to hide.

Comments

• MangoXIIMangoXII Member Posts: 203

Yikes. :S

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You compared their game to some of the bigger failures (and in some cases, outright scams) in the gaming industry.

You pissed them off and they dumped you. Hey, it is an official forum, they can do what they want.

Good thing you can still rage on here :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JKnight1JKnight1 Member Posts: 72

It shows your lack of faith, lack of respect, and lack of maturity with the way you worded your question. A failure is a game that ultimately never made it, or died soon after. Darkfall has yet to be a failure. If they close the game down, then, and only then, is it a failure.

Your question reeks of disdain, rudeness, and overall contempt for the creativity, imagination, and desires of those who have it harder within the gaming industry. But it's those people who we count on to bring innovation, cretaivity, and originality to our favorite hobby. Without them we would have things like EA and Activision, pumping out expansions that look exactly like the predecessor, just prettier, or with NUMEROUS small expansions that add nothing more than a few new trinkets to the original game.

These small, innovative, underdog companies are the last hope we gamers have for anything remotely original or innovative. Without them, gaming would be simplistic, boring, and pointless, and ya may as well buy a pet rock, at least then, you can get a response from it.

So, to answer you, their banning of you is fully reasonable, because your attitude was not conducive to a creative and productive atmosphere. Disadants and criticisms are fine, but blatant mockery and disdain for the attempt at something cool and amazing with so little, is down right disgusting.

Shame on you.

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052

Darkfall is not a failure.

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

That is borderline trolling imo.

They have always been VERY loose with their bans and stuff there, so you must have ticked somebody off.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by JKnight1

. Disadants and criticisms are fine, but blatant mockery and disdain for the attempt at something cool and amazing with so little, is down right disgusting.
    Shame on you.

I wasn't mocking them, I was simply asking a question.  And it was a legitimate question. I think you read waay to much into the question.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

You know i bet if you did not say darkfall you would of been fine.  They have so many stupid posts darkfall vs mortal.  its probably only a 2 hour ban anyhow.

Also for your information darkfall is no where near a failure.  It is not the golden child alot of people seemed like they wanted.  But it is very good game with some unique design features and improvements of older games.

Sorry had to add that.  But they did go over the top with the ban.

Funny fact though,  the company that made mourning  made the terrain editor for MO.

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by ghoul31

Originally posted by JKnight1

. Disadants and criticisms are fine, but blatant mockery and disdain for the attempt at something cool and amazing with so little, is down right disgusting.
    Shame on you.

I wasn't mocking them, I was simply asking a question.  And it was a legitimate question. I think you read waay to much into the question.

I read and responded to your post and if I recall some of the responses you gave to our replies showed a continued lack of respect.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Either way your post could have been worded better. It carried with it an aggressive air, like you expect SV to fail. The fact that you would come here and rage about it doesn't do anything to improve your image and it won't garner any pity. The MO official forums have been very relaxed and forthcoming with information, way more so than any mmo I can remember in the last five years. So don't come whining to these boards because the MO community is small, very mature and very united behind the game.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

"There have been a lot of small companies trying to make revolutionary sandbox pvp games. Dark and Light, Roma Victor, Mourning, Shadowbane and now Darkfall.
    And they all have been failures. What makes you think this game will be any different? I don't think small companies have the resources to pull off a complete MMORPG."

I don't see anything banable in that. Its seems that the mods in that forum are even worse than the Darkfall forums. This isn't a good sign. It show sthat they have something to hide.

Rebels don't cry.

Originally posted by Lord_Ixigan

I read and responded to your post and if I recall some of the responses you gave to our replies showed a continued lack of respect.
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Yes you are wrong. I didn't make any replies in that thread.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527
    Originally posted by Lord_Ixigan
    Either way your post could have been worded better. It carried with it an aggressive air, like you expect SV to fail.

We should expect them to fail. This industry is not well known for being kind to newcomers. If the developers of Mortal Online want respect, they have to earn it. Chasing away people asking earnest questions just because they mention other games is not a good way to do that.

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

You were probably just reported multiple times. That's how it happens. I was reported by tons of people on the official Playstation forums and for what? Because I yelled at some idiot who was trying to take over the forums by posting nonsense and trying to make it sound important and because he typed it in all caps and multiple of them? Yeah that makes a whole lotta sense.

No I don't see anything bannable about that, but might not want to stir up trouble about a game on their own forums. 3 times now I attempted to type something boosting the ego of Mortal Online and busting the ego of Darkfall, but I stopped about mid post and thought, oh jeez, everyone's going to take this the wrong way and flame the shit outta me.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

i figure as long as your question is percieved in a constructive, and contributing form then they shouldnt have an issue. but one thing ive learned when it comes to the internet and forums of websites. freedom of speech does not exist in website forums, never did and never will. think of forums as their own soveriegn nation, and have the right to be as fascist, totalatarian,oppressive and down right censoring as they deem fit. either you roll with it, or pack ya shit and move to another "nation" that is less "opressive" lol.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Aethios

We should expect them to fail. This industry is not well known for being kind to newcomers. If the developers of Mortal Online want respect, they have to earn it. Chasing away people asking earnest questions just because they mention other games is not a good way to do that.

Star vault do have people that been working in the business before. And Blizzards first MMO went well. Arenanets first game ever (as a company, they did Warcraft 3 for blizzard before) worked out good.

Garriot worked in the MMO industry longer than anyone else and TR still failed.

So SV could go anyway, computer games are impredictable with the exceptions of follow ups, and sometimes even them fails like Sims online. Until the game is out nothing is certain.

But Perm ban the OP seems to really overdo things. The wording of his post could have been a lot better of course but unless he got warned before he should just get a simple warning or a 24h ban.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I would have to say that if this all went down like you say.. it is actually pretty messed up that you got banned.  I don't see anywhere in your post that implies that Mortal Online will be a failure, nor did you directly compare them to those games.  You just told the truth. 

Instead of a Mod deciding to man up and answer the question for what it is, he pansied (you know the word I want to use) out and took the low road.  That is an abuse of power.. sure it is their forum and they can do as they wish.. but you'd think they would be paying attention to the other developers recent GM/Mod exploits and learn from some mistakes.

That's pretty messed up.  Though, I'm guessing you replied to something that was said later on in the thread.. and you may or may not be trying to create negative hype in creating this thread without any links to that thread.  Which is probably locked and/or closed so that none of us can actually find out if you were banned rightly.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by FreddyNoNose

Rebels don't cry.

QFT.

O_o o_O

• ProminentProminent Member Posts: 51

Actually I dont think you have been banned for that. I did a post and that post was removed!? I asked why .... Star Vault have moved the site recently to beeing able to handle more people, now when its closing the release. So my post vanished in that move because I posted when they did the move. Maybe your user dissapeared in the same way.

I have also noticed that several people here on this forum ... on purpose have come up with lies about MO and tried to destroy the comunity here and also on the MO site. That surprise me ... sometimes people just deserve a bann. You could have written something else that got you banned.

The moderator and the community on the MO forum is really great! 

Originally posted by DAS1337

IThat's pretty messed up.  Though, I'm guessing you replied to something that was said later on in the thread.. and you may or may not be trying to create negative hype in creating this thread without any links to that thread.  Which is probably locked and/or closed so that none of us can actually find out if you were banned rightly.

I didn't make any replies in the thread. You can see the thread here

www.mortalonline.com/forums/5774-do-you-really-have-any-hope-game.html

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

Apparently you offended StJudas as you can see in the very last post before the lock.  That's why you were banned.  Honestly though, put yourself in his position.  Pretend that you've been working on a game or even something else just as big for what?  Years?  Now picture someone else posts on your forums bashing the game.  I mean it's like you're expecting the game to fail and you want people to see it that way.  I'm pretty sure I'd have done the same thing to be honest.  My game, my forums, my rules.

What you fail to realise though is that this game is going to be amazing.  You can see it in the concepts, in the graphics, and in what's promised to come.  If they pull through, I have no doubt in my mind MO will be the only game I'll be playing for a while.

By the way, can't you just make a new user on the forums or did they IP block you?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Actually, in reading the thread, it seemed like it kicked off minor discussion, a Dev even joined in, then the mod came along with his saractic reply.

Seems pretty flippant, and while I might understand the reason for the lock, the ban does appear to be way over the top and if there's an appeal process of some sort I'd recommend you pursue it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ProminentProminent Member Posts: 51

Okey, here are all the posts Ghoul31 wrote ....

Its alot of complains from Ghoul31. I think the moderator thought that he was just  creating alot of negative at the forum.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/search.php?searchid=118816

First post:

"I am disappointed. Shadowbane had lots of cool races. They had minotaurs, centaurs, vampires, Flying bird creatures, Flying demons, dwarves.

It seems that MMORPGS these days take 2 steps backward..."

Then he starts to complain on the full loot system (I can agree a little here).

Lastly he insinuate that Star Vault  will fail ...

And they all have been failures. What..."

Just alot of negative posts and insinuating that Star Vault will fail .... I am not surprise he was banned.

Lastly he insinuate that Star Vault  will fail ...

"

I never said Star Vault will fail. I was just asking a question.

• L1ghtsabeRL1ghtsabeR Member Posts: 102

And what good does posting about it here do? You just feel the need to whine or you want to get your ban lifted? If it's the latter, then instead of whining about it here, you should have gone on IRC and asked the mods if they could give you a lighter punishment.

PS! Personally I would have banned you for such a post as well, maybe not a perma ban, but at least for a few weeks. Your post clearly showed that you had not read anything about the game before posting. Other posts you had made on the forums were filled with baseless negativity and you never had anything constructive to say.

Anyways... carry on.

Originally posted by L1ghtsabeR

And what good does posting about it here do? You just feel the need to whine or you want to get your ban lifted?

I'm not whining. I'm just letting people know that you will get banned if you try to post any constructive criticism on their boards. Thats why I love MMORPG.COM. We can actually discuss the games here.

Official forums have become worthless. Now I remember why I usually don't go to them.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by L1ghtsabeR

And what good does posting about it here do? You just feel the need to whine or you want to get your ban lifted?

I'm not whining. I'm just letting people know that you will get banned if you try to post any constructive criticism on their boards. Thats why I love MMORPG.COM. We can actually discuss the games here.

Official forums have become worthless. Now I remember why I usually don't go to them.

LMAO Whaaaaaa????

You did NOT post any constructive criticism, you complained, had a high horse attitude, whined about sertain features ect.

Im my book that's not constructive criticism.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.