Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can a DF player answer these questions for me please.

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Alright guys i've read reviews of the game but I have specific questions that I would like someone to try to answer that actually plays darkfall.

1. Does Darkfall Have Regional Markets? Basically will a trader be able to travel to different sections of the world and sell goods for the best prices?

2. If Yes what type of skills and Transportation does darkfall offer to move a heavy load of gear and materials? Do they have Pack mules or maybe Caravans?

3. Can guilds take over areas of the game world? developing Keeps, cities with a market, guard system?

4. If so can guilds ally with other guilds and link keeps and cities together? Can alliances own areas of the game world so they could rent parts of the land to non-combatant guilds.

5. If guilds could create player cities can the residents build housing, farms and shops?

6. Are there hidden dungeons, caves and lairs with named bosses that would keep adventures busy? non-instanced of course? what about Large roaming boss world encounters?

7. Can I be a baker, fishermen, tailor,musician, carpenter making houses and furniture?

8. Is it possible through ship building to make a large vessel that functions as a mobile keep? for people that want to take to the high seas and become pirates?

9. Can a person betray their own faction and ally with an enemy?

10. Are there optional missions that people could run like jobs/tasks NPCs or players could give out?

11. Is their a bounty system so people could become bounty hunters and hunt other players for big rewards?

12. Is their rare loot in the game ? or will everything just be easily bought after you die? Does gear mean anything?

13. Are their NPC factions in the game that I could gain favor with so i could live within their cities?

14. Can houses and bank be broken into and can we pick pocket opening up a thief profession?

15. Do mounts need to be stabled and do they have to sleep and eat?

16. can we tame animals as companions?

17. will certain areas of the game world hold rarer materials so guilds actually want to take over specific sections of land?

18. How can you as a player of Darkfall shape the world?

That's all for now thank in advance to anyone that answers me.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

1 not yet

2 back pack

3 you get a city each city have a predetermined structure( surface) city get levels and level unlock buildings

you dont really control the area you get system message about who is @ your city

4 not yet ( you got a big shield on map)

5 house increase the number of ppl who can bind on that city  there is suppose to have that things but there is no town ingame whit the needed level to make that

cant confirm anything

6 yes

BUT the spawn are dynamic you get close to a camp wai 5 min mobs pop you leave the camp the mobs depop

this things dont happen whit all npc

7 yes a part  of that list are in game and are important

bread is one of the best food for stamina regeneration

8 yes you can start whit "boats" that dont require harbour the real ship require one

but none in game yet

9 yes

ally/ war thing is free and instant

10 afaik no ( never done quests)

11 nope

12 named mobs drop  good stuff dragons drop also nice things

the market things are crap dont worth spend money on that

13 there are chaos/neutral city and all ppl player can bank bind train etc but no other benefits

14 store in backpack and need heals

15 there is the skill dont know more

16 the only way to take over resources is to guard them 27/7

17 depleting resources and making citys

BestSigEver :P

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

most of the reviews I read only covered graphics, combat or crafting not specifics like Alliance mechanics and Zone control. thanks cosy.

Thanks

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

1. No on regional, but you can travel and trade, you just have to be careful

2. They have a universal bank unfortunately, so no big caravans.

3. Guilds can take over areas of the world and build cities, and form alliances. As for renting, I don't think that'd work because you can't fence off your property.

4. answered in 3

5. farms are in, blacksmithy and crafting stations in cities are in, but people don't own houses or building alone yet.

6. Definitely dungeons in, and I expect this to grow fast, and also there's big mobs to kill out in the wild.

7. Yes, for all except furniture

8. Yes, kind of. Ships need to be built at a docks, once you own it you could take people with you. It won't have a bank or crafting stations, so it won't be the same.

9. Enemy races (NPC's) will always attack you, you can turn on your own and make them hate you too. You can play with real people that are in other races, but you have no safety net.

10. There are some small quests, but no storyline like other games, so probably not in the sense you mean.

11. There isn't, but if you want someone killed I'd bet you could pay someone willing to do it. It's a cutthroat world

12. Loot isn't like other games. There are definitely good items out there, but nothing so good you'll be dominating others because of it.

13. No, at least I don't believe so. You're on one side of the alliance, you can tick them off, but you can't make friends.

14. No thief profession or breaking in, unless you siege the whole city.

15. Mounts don't need to be stabled or anything.

16. can we tame animals as companions?

17. will certain areas of the game world hold rarer materials so guilds actually want to take over specific sections of land?

18. How can you as a player of Darkfall shape the world?

That's all for now thank in advance to anyone that answers me.

Asdar

tyvm for the answers.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I just wrote an article yesterday that pretty much covers everything you needed to know about mounts.   It should be up on the front page soon, but you can find it in my sig.

Originally posted by Paragus1

I just wrote an article yesterday that pretty much covers everything you needed to know about mounts.   It should be up on the front page soon, but you can find it in my sig.

Awesome!!! Tyvm.