Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Quality Darkfall Ingame Pics

dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314

I dont have crap to do since I dont have an account so i'm fanboying it up on here while I should be playing

Anyway

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

High quality crap is still crap

Not that I'm saying the game is crap, but the Graphics are medicore at best. I like the landscape though.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

um these graphics aren't much higher than that of DAoC

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Could you link the screenshots with the original resolution, NOT resized please! :)

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

The game world graphics are nice.

thanks for the pics.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• pineapplespineapples Member Posts: 84

wow this is innovative... if it was 2003.

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314
    Originally posted by pineapples

wow this is innovative... if it was 2003.

you cant troll me son, i'm a vet!

• NicroxNicrox Member Posts: 140

Really awesome pics. Alot better then i was suspecting and alot better then ten years ago when players used there imagination.

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

Im not crazy about the first one but the others seem pretty top notch. I would rate them better than WAR and slightly worse (but close) to AoC's, though with the added benefit that you can actually freely navigate through the environment, rather than follow a defined path. So all things considered I think it comes out better.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• fellestrafellestra Member Posts: 16

Looks like most other mediocre graphics engines where they have to use excessive bloom effects and haze effects to cover up the limited abilities of the rendering engine.

Nothing to write home about in these pictures, just lots of haze/fog and bloom, yawn seen it all before in way too many games.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

they did code the engine from scratch themselves. i will give them props for that.

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

When people made fun of the graphics in beta the fanboys proclaimed, "Shut up noobs, beta is set at lowest settings release will be 1000x better"

It still looks equally as crappy. What a joke.

-------------------------

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314

The game is not really made to look "awesome" but made to run well on any kind of computers, with high frames (and it does that) for PVP.

But while doing that it also looks good, not sure how people can bitch

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

You can take an HD picture of a pile of crap but at the end of the day it will still be crap.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by heartless

You can take an HD picture of a pile of crap but at the end of the day it will still be crap.

and that was relevant? i don't think anyone is going to disagree.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

This game reminds me more and more of good old DAoC each day.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• ZoldenZolden Member Posts: 15

To me graphics of this caliber are acceptable for what the game is trying to be all about. I think games can get away with this level of detail, if there are shitloads of different and unique armor models and the like. I could care less about how many polygons make up a character model, but I do care if every single person looks exactly the same because so much time was spent perfecting those amazingly high polygon count shoulderpads that the could only make three different ones. 

People are way too hung up on the glossyness and sheen of games today, and not caring enough about how the graphics work in correlation to gameplay. Besides, I'd rather a pvp based games graphics be shittier and everyone be able to play without huge framerate loss in big battles. That's why shadowbane was built the way it was... too bad it ran like shit even with such graphics.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Graphics arent half bad imo....

If you want graphics go play AoC or whats that game.....WoW is it? /sarcasm

Could care less about graphics tho, all about gameplay now and days..

Eye candy can only go so far....

Its kinda like if your dating a hot chick whose a total bitch.

The looks can only go so far before your like awe f*ck it

Uhh... what?

• NafunieruNafunieru Member UncommonPosts: 152

Leave it to pc gamers to always complain about everything. I am by no means a Darkfall fan, infact I think the hype that surrounds this game is quite ridiculous, but DF's graphics aren't that bad at all. AoC has a great graphics engine for an mmo and yet I see it constantly get bashed on these forums, so exactly what the hell don't you guys complain about? 

If this game can provide the same amount of fun I had back in UO and AC Darktide then I am really satisfied with its graphics. If I want awesome graphics I will go play Killzone 2 on my ps3 or I'll load up Crysis. Seriously, not every game has to have amazing graphics.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

Not stellar but acceptable. I should be able to play them on my laptop even :P

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

Originally posted by jackeccs

and that was relevant? i don't think anyone is going to disagree.

My point, which I should've clarified, was that the game has decent graphics from a purely technical stand point but the art style and direction makes it look like crap.

Hence my comment. HD crap is still crap.

PS: I'm not even bringing up animations which look worse than Hexen, which came out what like 13-14 years ago? BTW Hexen was a sick game.

• GundamAceGundamAce Member Posts: 91

Believe it or not, I'm actually considering switching to Darkfall mainly for the graphics...

Now before you go calling me a rabid fanboi, I'd like to point out that the only game I've found interesting enough to keep playing for any real lenght of time has been UO.

Darkfall may not be as pretty as most of the big names released in the last three years or so, but it's far better than UO by a good margin and in beta the game felt more like the good old UO than the latest version of UO does.

Originally posted by GundamAce

Believe it or not, I'm actually considering switching to Darkfall mainly for the graphics...
    Now before you go calling me a rabid fanboi, I'd like to point out that the only game I've found interesting enough to keep playing for any real lenght of time has been UO.
    Darkfall may not be as pretty as most of the big names released in the last three years or so, but it's far better than UO by a good margin and in beta the game felt more like the good old UO than the latest version of UO does.

I would suggest that you wait a bit. If UO was your game of choice, besides the open FFA PvP, Darkfall doesn't offer much in terms of an RPG.

It's possible that in a few months, when more features are added, the game will become a UO fanboi's dream. However, right now it's pretty much an FPS with terrible animations and some RPG elements.

Originally posted by Paragus1

I know that I associated the game's art style with crap but you didn't have to post a picture to prove my point.

Edit: I especially like it when they scream "Help me!" when they die and it sounds like someone recorded it on Ventrillo.

• GundamAceGundamAce Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by GundamAce

I would suggest that you wait a bit. If UO was your game of choice, besides the open FFA PvP, Darkfall doesn't offer much in terms of an RPG.

It's possible that in a few months, when more features are added, the game will become a UO fanboi's dream. However, right now it's pretty much an FPS with terrible animations and some RPG elements.

I got to play it in beta for a few weeks.  It needs some polish, but I found the core systems that were already in place to be sufficient.  The only additional thing I'd really have liked was a more customizable city building system and a bit more player housing.

I mean, it's got crafting (very grindy and bland, but serviceable), it's got a player driven economy (though I'd like to see player owned shops), and I really liked the guild political system (If you haven't tried this game in a clan, you really owe it to yourself to try).

As for the animations, it didn't even take long before I didn't notice them.  After the first few hours of play they felt natural (though I'd love to see them sharpened up).