Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Bk.7 Test Server Details ~ {*SPOILERS WITHIN*} ~ {*UPDATED w/ new Link to better images*} ~

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Go here, much larger forums view so you don't have to scroll to see all of the images!  Lots of new stuff to see!

Took the time to DL the new test server and yay, Elendilmir is the server chosen to test this round, but keep in mind to all that choose to do this; all our character data is like 3 weeks old!

Anyway, I thought I'd see about doing Book 7, and yeah it was so easy, has 9 chapters and entirely solo!  Not too keen on the new cloak...lame design, and stats are ok, but there are much better ones already!

You can now link Legendaries in chat...and here is proof with some really crazy names some players linked...yeah its gonna become crazy with all the names/links that players are gonna be spamming in chat now!

Seems my complaint about the SoS skill on Minstrel's 6/6 radiance was changed for the better, but its still not as great and still just as useless as ever....just give us something else!  Has +20% Healing increase now instead of -50% power cost...

...and finally the new quest tracking/marking system makes everything super easy now....Seriously I'd better not see one damn person asking where something is in chat anymore with this system....soo fricken silver platter, gah!  If ya look at the map, my cursor doesn't show up but its on the center quest, and when check the box it'll place an X or a white blob on the map where u have to go and/or return too.  If ya hover over the quest text it lights up on the map!  Yes you can turn it off, but still....sheesh!

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Ah yeah, forgot about the new radar as well, that points to your currently tagged quest.  You can Right+click on the ring icon in the quest log and a new menu pops open with many options, one of which is to track this quest on your radar by way of a yellow arrow which u can see in the top screen.

On the bottom window, and I believe this goes for all quests in your tracker whether you have it marked or not, it'll display the flashing yellow bar, that you're near a quest objective!  There are also coordinates added under your radar as well as on the full map.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Oh well ...quest guide was really not needed IMHO.

But well , at least no we dont need to serarch LOTRO DB for quest locations anymore ...

Also the new focus on soloing is upseting.

But it seems to be what majority of players want today

There is a Lorebook Icon in upper right corner of Radar now...hrm don't recall if that was there before.  It opens the Lorebook which links ya to the interwebz for even more ease at getting info and more and more push to solo, solo, solo!

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

The quest guide build into the map is rather frustrating. All it does is enable players to just accept a quest, press M, and auto-run there. Why even bother writing dialogue for the quests if there's no need for it, at all? How it is is fine, Turbine did a great job of directing you towards most quests (that I've experienced) without much need to look anything up.

/sigh.

It was honestly one of the reasons I just quit Warhammer and came to LoTRO. I know it sounds stupid, especially since Warhammer was a PVP focused game, but the fact that they mark quest locations on a map.. man, people are just full of ignorance and laziness anymore, I guess. How disappointing, tho, even if from what I understand you can turn it off.

Also, I just started playing, but how does it make sense that they cut the XP required to level and increased XP rewards and they justify it by saying it will allow me to see more content. I don't see how when I'll outlevel most of it before I get the chance to do it.

Originally posted by Synthetick

Also, I just started playing, but how does it make sense that they cut the XP required to level and increased XP rewards and they justify it by saying it will allow me to see more content. I don't see how when I'll outlevel most of it before I get the chance to do it.

The way I see it happening; is Turbine are more and more turning LOTRO into a rush to end-game and raid/instance style.  As I mentioned in several places in posts before its already an end-game farm for Radiance gear.  This new focus on extreme easiness with the quest tracker, less XP, less dps, and dmg received, as well as shorter inductions its all being targeted at getting players to end-game quicker. 

Then on top of all that, even in LOTRO's current state there are hundreds of quests and additional content that you just have to skip along the journey cause there is a ton of it and to progress you have to move on unless you wanna do them for no XP...etc  {Sure I went back after certain periods and finished all the quests I had to skip, but thats not the point!}  Even with Moria; I was lvl 54 when I started in there and was 60 before I had 1/2 the quests complete....it doesn't make sense this "allowing players to see more content!"

While there isn't alot of said end-game; yet, it sure is being setup in advance just for that reason in the future!

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

i think the game is awesome and will continue to play until the old republic comes out.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

I don't know, what drew me into the game was the story line, not a desire to farm story-related raid encounters. This is one of the very few MMOs that I actually took my time and enjoyed the entire experience and I'm still loving it, but just reading the upcoming changes, knowing they're going to go into effect before I get to experience most of the content I'm about to miss on, it really makes me question whether spending the money to purchase the expansion was a good investment or not.

I've always liked Turbine, I started out in '99 with AC and played every title since and have enjoyed them all for the most part, but with what I've heard of impending microtransactions (fluff or not, heh) and the desire to turn this into the games that I just left, my opinions are starting to change. And that sucks.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Synthetick

I don't know, what drew me into the game was the story line, not a desire to farm story-related raid encounters. This is one of the very few MMOs that I actually took my time and enjoyed the entire experience and I'm still loving it, but just reading the upcoming changes, knowing they're going to go into effect before I get to experience most of the content I'm about to miss on, it really makes me question whether spending the money to purchase the expansion was a good investment or not.
    I've always liked Turbine, I started out in '99 with AC and played every title since and have enjoyed them all for the most part, but with what I've heard of impending microtransactions (fluff or not, heh) and the desire to turn this into the games that I just left, my opinions are starting to change. And that sucks.

Take it this way

Buying expansion to see awesomely designed Moria , was certanly worth the money.

As for direction the game is moving towards ...

Its starts to be questionable to say at least. But this seems to be global trend...

Got into Caras Galadnon, with Friend Reputation!  Once inside there is another vendor that you can spend the silver tokens on which is a reward from all quests in Lothlorien!  Here is a screen of those items:

This is only the first vendor inside the gates....more updates coming soon!

Found out how this works...Lorien Preparations for War!  Once you have Friend rep and access to Caras Galadnon there are 3 quests, not sure on if they have a cooldown yet on how often they can be repeated; if they can!  Which makes this number go up, but obviously what it does nobody knows yet!  My guess is access to the new 12-man Boss in Waterworks!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Khrymson, what interface skin are you using?

Oh and thanks for the info.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Eorlingas {Black} on Test, but I'm using Durin's Folk {Black} on Live!

...and big dern map with all Lothlorien locations revealed! Larger Version Here!

This took me most of the past 2 days to complete, some of those locations were rather difficult to find!

Looks like a really big nose at the correct angle...hard to see it well unless in-game!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Originally posted by Sovrath

Eorlingas {Black} on Test, but I'm using Durin's Folk {Black} on Live!

thank you for the info AND the links. Appreciated. also thanks for the map and pictures.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

The new quest tracking BS is lame.  I won't be using it.  It removes any sense of exploration and adventure out of the game and flushes it down the toilet.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

yah i wont be using it either. guess its cool for those who are new but i prefer to explore around, the world is gorgeous

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Khrymson

The way I see it happening; is Turbine are more and more turning LOTRO into a rush to end-game and raid/instance style.  As I mentioned in several places in posts before its already an end-game farm for Radiance gear. 

I think your confusing your personal play style, with every one else. As far as "Making the game easier", i think the intention is to smooth out leveling, and because of all the content that's been added, spread that out more. There has been more content added to this game faster, and more frequently then any other MMO. Changing the XP curve means the game is way wider than it was before, and they want people to have a smoother, and broader experience during leveling, and with alts.

The quest tracer, contrary to mine, and your personal taste, was needed. Think of all the people who ask where such and such is.... Turbine is just giving people OPTIONS in play just like they always have. If the UI had been script able, that would have been the first thing someone would have made, guaranteed!

And no one, other than those conditioned by other games......(Not gona say it)......... Rushes to end game to grind gear. Seriously. That's like, totally not even the point of this game, never has been. As evidenced by how wide the game is compared to tall.

But its an option if that's what you like to do. See that, options.

EDIT: Also this is NOT the finial version, its only on test. You should be sure to give your constructive feedback on the official forums and in game tools.

Thanks for taking time to post the images !

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ItsMeAgainItsMeAgain Member Posts: 10

As far as "Making the game easier", i think the intention is to smooth out leveling, and because of all the content that's been added, spread that out more. There has been more content added to this game faster, and more frequently then any other MMO. Changing the XP curve means the game is way wider than it was before, and they want people to have a smoother, and broader experience during leveling, and with alts.

It only caters to people who are leveling alts, new players will see less content  as they will move through areas faster. Combine that with the lowered morale on mobs you will be swimming in evendim before your trail is up ;)

The quest tracer, contrary to mine, and your personal taste, was needed. Think of all the people who ask where such and such is.... Turbine is just giving people OPTIONS in play just like they always have. If the UI had been script able, that would have been the first thing someone would have made, guaranteed!

Quest info already gives more than enough information on where and how to do your quest, and if you still where not able to find it there is the 'Advice' channel where more then enough people are happy to help you on your way. So there was absolutely no need to implement this.

And no one, other than those conditioned by other games......(Not gona say it)......... Rushes to end game to grind gear. Seriously. That's like, totally not even the point of this game, never has been. As evidenced by how wide the game is compared to tall.

But its an option if that's what you like to do. See that, options.

EDIT: Also this is NOT the finial version, its only on test. You should be sure to give your constructive feedback on the official forums and in game tools.

You mean just like people did during the moria beta , express our concerns/complaints and still get 'screwed', the release of book7 is not going to change and you know it, sure they will release patches to fix minor concerns but it won't fix the major problems and we all have to accept it as this is the new way turbine wants to go with lotro, a very casual cookie cutter Me Myself Online game.

If this continues to go on then by book9 they remove the lff and advice channels as all fellowship quests will be replaced with /afk quests.

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319

Wow Khrymson, uncovered the whole map already? kudos to you

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

It's sad, this is my favorite MMO and now it is turning into a true WoW clone, or so it seems....

I really wish they would make it a bit more difficult rather than making things simpler....maybe make crafting more complex, or get rid of AH's to make player to player trade a must........

/sigh

What is the industry coming to?

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by rozenblade1

It's sad, this is my favorite MMO and now it is turning into a true WoW clone, or so it seems....
    I really wish they would make it a bit more difficult rather than making things simpler....maybe make crafting more complex, or get rid of AH's to make player to player trade a must........
    /sigh

There is still a good amount of challenging content in the game...

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by blindside044

Originally posted by rozenblade1

/sigh

There is still a good amount of challenging content in the game...

Currently, yes.....but, my concern is after the changes....I really don't want it to get too easy, not saying I'd quit playing, I mean I love the game for the Lore more than all else, and the gameplay is great too, but just the fact that it is Lord of the Rings is enough to keep me playing

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

Photobucket is angry with you today.

user
    Originally posted by Jeff44

Photobucket is angry with you today.

FYI to everyone, I have this thread in much greater detail posted on the Official LOTRO forums and since last night its gotten over 23,000 hits so yeah my photobucket account got hit hard and collapsed!  If you have access to the official forums there is a link directly to my album so you can view the photos!

I won't be posting anymore images here!

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I for one am glad of the xp and map radar changes. About frigging time. While I like a challenge, I don't like having to alt tab to look crap up on another website. My time is limited and leveling should not be a chore. Also, I know MANY friends of mine who stopped playing the game due to these 2 features being the way before, maybe now they will play the game and get somewhere.