Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay with WoW, Move to Blizzards new MMO or Play both [Poll]

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

With blizzards next giant MMO offering in development I wanted to ask the fans of WoW what they plan to do when that next MMO releases.

If the new MMO releases and is actually good will you leave WoW? Will you play both?

Personally If i was still a Blizzard mmo fan I would only leave If blizzard hit the Iwin button and made a Starcraft MMO but thats just my opinion, whats yours?

Poll:

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Definitely looking forward too and plan to play whatever it is Blizzard are making!  The current rumor is some info on it at this years Blizz-con....would be nice!

• SinnocentSinnocent Member UncommonPosts: 43

It all depends on what the MMO actually is. I'd say most people will still be playing WoW, but that's just me.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i would say i need more info on the 2nd game.  Most likely by the time it gets released i would be playing a game that has yet to be released.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

lol wouldint suprise me if the beta started 2011 with blizzard since they polish the fuck out of there games as they are not worried about money as they have wow just look at starcraft damn that game has been in the works for over 2 years and still not even a release date yet

• Bill_pullBill_pull Member Posts: 20

I only play one MMORPG at a time.  I put a lot of time into WOW, but I would leave it for another Blizzard product.

It will be really intersting to see where Blizzard goes with the new product..    More sandbox?  More pvp?  RTS-like?   WOW in space?

I probably won't leave WOW if the new product is just World of Starcraft... but if the game is more of a sandbox, I would.

• ToxxerToxxer Member Posts: 12

it really depends on what the game is about..

if its something based on Diablo, than NO.

if its something based on Starcraft, than NO.

Time will tell, I just hope they make something new, that isnt based on something they made before.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Toxxer

Time will tell, I just hope they make something new, that isnt based on something they made before.

Lost Vikings Online!  ROFL

• Since it probably won't even be released for 2-3 years, how many will even still be playing WOW by then.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

How can you say either way without knowing more about the game, gameplay, style etc...

Just because Blizzard is making it doesn't automatically mean that it will be a good MMO. As with any game, wait and see.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

I can say I will be playing the new one because by the time this new MMO is out I will be so sick of WoW that there won't be a chance in Hell to find my rogue any fun at all.

I expect a polished game with smart design and good learning curve, engaging lore and great voice acting, kick ass cinemtic(s) and great sound direction, so yeah, I think I will be buying it day one even if I don't know anything about it. How long I'll keep playing, well that's a whole different matter alltogether, ain't it.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Raizeen

lol wouldint suprise me if the beta started 2011 with blizzard since they polish the fuck out of there games as they are not worried about money as they have wow just look at starcraft damn that game has been in the works for over 2 years and still not even a release date yet

its been far longer than 2 years.. and if you call that long in game development.. you need to stop playing EA bullshit games.. which gets cooked in 3 months..

• TidusRTidusR Member Posts: 42

I will stick with wow, I was there at the begining and will stay till they unplug the servers lol, but I must admit when blizzard bring out a new mmo I will try it out.  Blizzard have their faults, but they make a good game!

• YamanakaYamanaka Member Posts: 6

I will most likely move. By the time it is released, it will have new things, new worls, new everything. And it also wont be based on Starcraft or Diablo if you ask me, since those games are already in the works.

• SpoonpottSpoonpott Member Posts: 180

The more sanboxy it is, the more the chances I will play it.

Then again I've played Warcraft since tides of darkness and starcraft since the start so I may blindly follow :P

The rules of Debate are really simple; once you have to stoop to insults instead of facts, logic, or reason to try and win your argument, you've lost.