Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can fanbois/haters Stfu and please someone give me a solid indepth review of the freaking game!!!!!!

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Seriously guys you all did the same shit when WAR released.

You bitched, posted a thousand threads of "Dis game is awesome!!!" or "Disgame Fails".

Wtf?

Can I get one freaking person to give a indepth review of combat, graphics, animations, crafting, guild mechanics, boat combat is this asking too freaking much of you people?

Can we get some videos posted on youtube of crafting mounts and all the other fluff in the game?

people are trying to decide if the game is good so they can buy later on yet all you bastards are doing is giving on liners and non-informative fanboi reviews.

Now please for the love of god enough already and give us some solid information!

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• spire23spire23 Member Posts: 46

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Paragus1/022009/3314_Review-Darkfall-Beta

This is a pretty good review. Everyone should read this, instead of looking for reviews in a forum made up largely of people who do not know how to write, let alone how to write a objective analysis of software or an experience.

No offense intended to anyone in particular. I just mean to say that writing is something we can all do, mechanically, to a greater or lesser extent, but it's not something that most people do very well.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Z3R01

You bitched, posted a thousand threads of "Dis game is awesome!!!" or "Disgame Fails".
    Wtf?
    Can I get one freaking person to give a indepth review of combat, graphics, animations, crafting, guild mechanics, boat combat is this asking too freaking much of you people?
    Can we get some videos posted on youtube of crafting mounts and all the other fluff in the game?
    people are trying to decide if the game is good so they can buy later on yet all you bastards are doing is giving on liners and non-informative fanboi reviews.
    Now please for the love of god enough already and give us some solid information!

Well the servers were down for over 24 hours yesterday, so I dont think many people have had the chance to really play the game all that much.

I am willing to bet that by monday if they have everything smoothed out you will start to see a few vids and a few reviews as well. And by that time they may even have the order page up again.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by spire23

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Paragus1/022009/3314_Review-Darkfall-Beta

This is a pretty good review. Everyone should read this, instead of looking for reviews in a forum made up largely of people who do not know how to write, let alone how to write a objective analysis of software or an experience.

No offense intended to anyone in particular. I just mean to say that writing is something we can all do, mechanically, to a greater or lesser extent, but it's not something that most people do very well.

thank you I haven't read that one yet.

Over the last couple years it's getting harder and harder to get information out of these guys with all the damn Forum warriors posting bullshit all day.

• S3LR4THS3LR4TH Member Posts: 31

K....

K...
    Wtf?

Dunno...

No... but here's mine:

Combat is kinda like this, the graphic and sound is pretty something.. The crafting and guild mechanics are almost like this... And the boat combat is just totally...

Dunno...

Yeah maybe...
     K..

See above for answers.

javascript:getNoBotImg();

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

at this moment DFo is for ppl who like to:

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

if you love do that you will love actual DFo if you dont love to do this things you well find a unlimited amount of "bad" things.

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by cosy

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

if you love do that you will love actual DFo if you dont love to do this things you well find a unlimited amount of "bad" things.

Cosy whats up man!

Ur playing DF? no more Eve?

Anyway dude got any screen shots to share or video links to mounted combat, boats and crafting?

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
  • Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

Just as EvE in fact.

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

The overall score seems to be "Below Average."

Sure, the fanboys like the full loot, but everything else is crap. The game falls WAY below what Tasos praised it as. It's an alpha stage FPS game with a few rpg elements like skills and items.

-------------------------

• TheGrueTheGrue Member Posts: 38

I think a real in-depth review of Darkfall after Beta is going to be a long time coming,  don't get me wrong i'm not trying to bash it as i am waiting myself.

Usually i don't deal with Beta reviews, i'm sure that the Beta review is well written and hits on a few points, but a Beta review is like a un-toasted Pop-Tart, it may be good and it might fill you up but it's not really done.

For now i'm sitting back, reading up on what's going on and the problems and fun others are having, i don't see much of an alternative at this point.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

Strongly agree with this.

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

Cosy whats up man!

Anyway dude got any screen shots to share or video links to mounted combat, boats and crafting?

eve on pause but all accounts are open :D

yes i play dfo and i uploaded some sshots here on mmorpg.com

about mounted combat cant tell much today mounted 2 guys try to kill me but they dont hit me one damn time :P crouch walk FTW

afaik the craft is simple get the materials together and click to make "stuff"

the only thing i try was the mining for 5 minutes ppl (say you have 50% fail rate dunno if is based on skill level) and really piss me off fail to many times is like 2/3 fails and 1 successfully

all this are easy macro if you do this near the city area

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

Cosy whats up man!

about mounted combat cant tell much today mounted 2 guys try to kill me but they dont hit me one damn time :P crouch walk FTW

the only thing i try was the mining for 5 minutes ppl (say you have 50% fail rate dunno if is based on skill level) and really piss me off fail to many times is like 2/3 fails and 1 successfully

Are people exploiting areas near guard towers? like all staying in safe areas to do things like crafting and gathering?

Edit: ty for the screen shot they are really nice and I like how you took a shot of th graphics setting screen they seem to have alot of options/sliders thats good.

Originally posted by Xris375

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

Just as EvE in fact.

in major points yes  eve whit a major focus on pvp and all the pvp lead to many "needs"  ofc some of this needs are taken by pvp-ers alt accounts but this need have to be taken over 3-4 diferent type of specialization

like eve faced bankruptcy on early days if can face that to if DFo get over 6 months and start to add features will have a long life

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

Cosy whats up man!

Are people exploiting areas near guard towers? like all staying in safe areas to do things like crafting and gathering?

for example any stone or tree can be harvested no matter where this stone or tree is in game

when something can be harvested it appears a little icon on your "target cross"

PD: i dont know if get depleted or not

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by altairzq

-piss off other player

-gank players

-pvp anywhere

Strongly agree with this.

I've never played a FFA PvP MMO, and I haven't killed or ganked anyone in the entire month I've played, and I like the game just fine. I'm crafting, exploring, finding spells in underground dungeons that no one else has, and working with my clan to get a boat out into the open oceans. 

Oh, I've died alright, but that's all part of the risk. Makes the game more alive. 

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171

Instead of making pointless threads complaining about how others view the game. Why not stop sitting on the bloody fence, buy a copy once they are available again, and you too, can review it however the hell you want. You clearly haven’t bothered to look past the end of your nose, as there any number of informative posts both here and on other forums, if players reviews or the game don't meet up with your expectations though shit. The people posting here are just fellow gamers not paid reviewers, if you dont like it, you already know what to do about it.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

• GundamAceGundamAce Member Posts: 91

Wtf?

I can give a general review of beta.  I was in that for a few weeks...  Let's see-

Combat - There's a huge learning curve here because the UI is a bit strange.  Even after you get used to the UI though, I've found most people fall into a combat pattern that involves sprinting really fast and swinging as often as possible.  Most of the really good PvP players I've seen, though, tend to play more carefully, conserving their stamina for the most effective moments and using the terrain and environment to frustrate their opponent's attacks.  Combat against the AI can range from nearly impossible to unbelievably easy depending largely on how much the environment messes with the mob's pathfinding abilities.  The AI can fight really well, but gets confused easily when in cramped areas or when they come to the edge of their spawn zone.

Overall I'd say combat is very fun once you get past the learning curve, and once they clean up a few balancing issues and AI bugs, it should be spectacular.

Graphics - Actually I found that while playing the game the graphics seemed pretty solid.  The shadows and lighting really bring the game to life.  Personally I think it's the art direction and not the technical graphics that really hurt the look of this game.  While some of the weapons, armor, and creatures look great, others look a bit... silly (like the wide sword!  wtf?).

Overall I'd say the graphics aren't too bad.  They certainly don't detract from the experience any and once you get used to the art style (however silly it may be sometimes) you won't have any problems looking at the game.

Animations - They're repetative and clunky, but they do their job.  I didn't see anything spectacular while I was playing, but they weren't distracting me either.  Some work in this area would certainly help to give the game a more polished feel.

Overall I'd say not great, but not the train wreck that they seem to be on youtube videos.

Crafting - This was un-original and un-inspired.  There was a massive amount of grinding in the harvesting of resources and the making of items.  It was about as tedious as most other MMO's I've played.  To be fair though, the only time I ever enjoyed crafting in an MMO was in the earliest days of SWG...  now that was a fun crafting system.

Overall I'd say crafting isn't going to win this game any awards and if you're looking for the next great crafting experience, you should probably look somewhere else.  The only good thing I can say about the crafting system in this game is that it was functioning.

As for the guild mechanics and the ship mechanics, I really can't say.  I wasn't in a guild and I didn't have a boat.  I can say that being guildless isn't nearly as hard as some people would have you believe just so long as you find a few friends that you trust to watch your back.  Soloing is very hard in this game and I don't reccomend doing it.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

There were allegedly a ton of features turned off in beta, like high setting graphics, weather, some mobs, etc... As such, some beta reviews, like the one from Paragus, are good for a high level impression of the game, but what I'm looking forward to are reviews of the live game that, hopefully, have all of the features turned on.

As of now, the game hasn't been up very much since launch.  Some first impression reviews are in, but aren't very detailed.  They're also tainted a little by the actual launch problems. Give the game a week or so of being up consistently and we might see some quality reviews.

~Ripper

SignusM talk about exploring and i haven't done this much BUT

for a good exploring you need a good map ( i prefer the L2 style when you buy the map and you "draw" your own map) which means let me zoom the damn thing i dont expect to have a nice zoom image and dont need a nice "satellite " view

(i am ok whit a white surface and my position)

this lead to other thing annotation because you cant zoom the map the annotation cover to much on the actual map i got 7 annotation and almost cover 50% of my faction are on the world map

also the annotation are made by /annotation_add <texthere> and you got a ID i suppose that ID is for delete this annotation

this should be made on google earth style and whit a option to hide annotations or sort them in some way

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I will probably do more writing about it once I am able to get a copy of the game.   I did just put up a new write up about the guild interface.   Might give people something to chew on while you are rotting in here.

• DostumDostum Member Posts: 29

I would say they have a solid game here.

Yes they had release problems. But far bigger companies have had the same, WoW US, Warhammer online eu OB release.

The animations looked funny in vids pre release but you get used to it and they don't look that bad.

The graphics are solid, and will allow for major battles to take place (the MAIN point, I do NOT want AoC graphic where pvp must be instanced and limited to 30 people in a city fight).

The world is beautiful and massive. I have not felt such a sense of awe at a game world since I ran for hours into forested mountains in SWG. I was just running north from the human starter zone to escape camped spawns and was soon running through rolling hills, down into swampy valleys, hearing other players and crouching to stealth and avoid them.

I found a spawn of mobs in a fortress, mercian mercenary spawn, just me fighting, then I heard another player. Saw him at low hp, he saw me, brief fight then he ran. I had low stam so let him get away, but had him in sight, he vanished into a forest and what followed was me stalking him while crouched until I found him resting and then cut him down.

This is all in a tiny corner of the world that I have explored so far, the detail on islands between the mainland and the continent of Cairn is amazing, not to mention the rest of the mainland and the other 4 sub continents.

The combat takes getting used too, but IS fun (IMO).

The game had major issues on launch day and yesterday. But the devs have rebounded very well from those problems, what they have is a very solid game, and no one is yet into the endgame either. Clans will strengthen, form massive rivalries and alliances, wage massive wars.

I am just thinking about taking a 40 clan squad out, having to use scouts etc while we try to track our enemy down, then hitting them with an ambush.

On the flip side yes, if you don't like pvp only or full loot then you may not like it, this game will be a lot like EVE, you either love it or hate it. My advice to you if you are struggling is to get into a clan (a well established clan if you can) and run with them.

Like EVE so much will be added as this grows. But it has stuck true to its original aims, full loot pvp and player driven. WAR and AoC failed because they did not do that, they delivered half arsed 'not q full hardcore pvp' and failed because their pvp wasnt good enough and their pve wasnt either.

Originally posted by Netzoko

Sure, the fanboys like the full loot, but everything else is crap. The game falls WAY below what Tasos praised it as. It's an alpha stage FPS game with a few rpg elements like skills and items.

See dude this is the type of uninformative shit im talking about.

I don't know if your trying to be helpful, if so you pretty much failed.

• DostumDostum Member Posts: 29

SignusM talk about exploring and i haven't done this much BUT

for a good exploring you need a good map ( i prefer the L2 style when you buy the map and you "draw" your own map) which means let me zoom the damn thing i dont expect to have a nice zoom image and dont need a nice "satellite " view
    (i am ok whit a white surface and my position)
    this lead to other thing annotation because you cant zoom the map the annotation cover to much on the actual map i got 7 annotation and almost cover 50% of my faction are on the world map
    also the annotation are made by /annotation_add <texthere> and you got a ID i suppose that ID is for delete this annotation
    this should be made on google earth style and whit a option to hide annotations or sort them in some way

I agree I was annoyed by inability to zoom. I would also like to be able to bookmark coords and maybe ping the map so my group can see where to head too.

But I do kind of like the feeling of just exploring randomly.

• SargothSargoth Member Posts: 558

Originally posted by Netzoko

See dude this is the type of uninformative shit im talking about.

I don't know if your trying to be helpful, if so you pretty much failed.

And your spewing hate and filth.  Why don't you back it off a notch and maybe everyone won't be so hateful back.

When a piscating wizard floods every thread I can understand why people leave.