Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few useful contacts for Aventurine..............

ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Ok Tasos, all this "we want to publish at our condition" thing is commendable, but it has been a failure.

So time to eat humble pie and contact someone who can help you out.

What you need is just a decent Account System, Bandwidth and Server Scalability.

Aventurine doesn't have the know-how, as it is now obvious to everyone.

So here it is a list of possible partners who might be interested.

-Codemasters Online = www.codemasters.co.uk/corporate/

They do not have their own MMORPG, but they look very interested in the market, considering they keep importing all that Korean garbage (Archlord, RF Online and so on).

They also publish LOTRO, and DDO of Turbine.

And they are a worldwide player giving you the chance to publish in US too.

-GOA = goa.com/

I hate to say that, but what is going on with DF launch, far overshadow GOA failings with WAR.

They are a solid Online company so they need online games to publish.

-SoE = platformpublishing.station.sony.com/

I hate SoE as the next thing (see my sig), but they have a nice Publishing Platform which can put DF on the right track straight away in a very short time. Pirates of the Burning Sea uses it.

-Frogsters = www.frogster-interactive.de/en/index.php

They are Online game publishers, they supply the European infrastructure for The Cronicle of Spellborn and Rune of Magic.

Those are the most realistic chances to get the game published on a massive scale.

I am not gonna bother with other publishers like Atari, EA, Blizzard, Ubisoft, because Darkfall is not the kind of game they will be likely to publish.

So, swallow your pride Tasos, delay the game for a couple of months, and relaunch it properly.............or you will lose everything.

Stop this bloody mess, DF launch is the most ridicoulus thing I ever had the displeasure to witness.

Comments

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by ste2000

Ok Tasos, all this "we want to publish at our condition" thing is commendable, but it has been a failure.

So time to eat humble pie and contact someone who can help you out.

What you need is just a decent Account System, Bandwidth and Server Scalability.

Aventurine doesn't have the know-how, as it is now obvious to everyone.

So here it is a list of possible partners who might be interested.

-SoE = platformpublishing.station.sony.com/

I hate SoE as the next thing (see my sig), but they have a nice Publishing Platform which can put DF on the right track straight away in a very short time. Pirates of the Burning Sea uses it.

Ack!

NEVER NEVER NEVER!

The SOE release of PotBS was a complete disaster from start to finish.

Not to mention the fact that no-one (from SOE or FLS!) was ever able to confirm the Spanish release even happened.

Platform Publishing is a definate no NO!

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Gyrus

Ack!

NEVER NEVER NEVER!
    The SOE release of PotBS was a complete disaster from start to finish.
    Not to mention the fact that no-one (from SOE or FLS!) was ever able to confirm the Spanish release even happened.
    Platform Publishing is a definate no NO!

Aye I agree is not perfect, same as GOA and Warhammer.

But I believe Aventurine really hasn't got a clue on Server Loads and Account management.

Also I believe they do not have the money to buy new servers.

It will take months not weeks.

Everything is better than this.

• tombear81tombear81 Member Posts: 810

I agree AV need a decent publisher there are several problems :

The game might be so shit (in some way) that no one wants to risk the reputation to take it. This is a fucking achievement given the shit some of the companies mentioned have published. Personally I think that some publishers may have been approached and rejected this on the grounds of niche and scalability.

But mainly... 

Its too late. The game is now self published ? Published by Audio Visual ? Who the fuck knows ?  Also I doubt Lord Tasos will agree. Oh and also the game is now in many peoples eyes.. in a negative deficit for professionalism and trust. Opps ?

What worries me is why no publisher was located a long time ago for the alledged ground breaking game. It just too telling.

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

Wait, where's the suicide hotline?

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • RespitRespit Member Posts: 770

Unfortunately, those companies would require a business plan submitted by AV. I have my doubts if they even have one.

"What worries me is why no publisher was located a long time ago for the alleged ground breaking game. It just too telling."   -   tombear81

There was one located years ago. You can read the announcement here .

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by tombear81

I agree AV need a decent publisher there are several problems :
    The game might be so shit (in some way) that no one wants to risk the reputation to take it. This is a fucking achievement given the shit some of the companies mentioned have published. Personally I think that some publishers may have been approached and rejected this on the grounds of niche and scalability.
    But mainly... 
    Its too late. The game is now self published ? Published by Audio Visual ? Who the fuck knows ?  Also I doubt Lord Tasos will agree. Oh and also the game is now in many peoples eyes.. in a negative deficit for professionalism and trust. Opps ?

What worries me is why no publisher was located a long time ago for the alledged ground breaking game. It just too telling.

I don't think it is too late.

Let's be honest guys.

Aventurine cannot host more than 10K players at best, and I believe the demand is at least 20 times higher than that.

I don't see simple way out for Aventurine, if you can't even host 10K people there is no chance you will be able to host 200K in a reasonable amount of time.

I genuinelly believe Tasos have to take bold decisions here and try to get someone with publishing experience on board before it is too late

• AikenDrumAikenDrum Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Respit

Unfortunately, those companies would require a business plan submitted by AV. I have my doubts if they even have one. 

Sure they do!

• weg886weg886 Member Posts: 318

You know there site is so useless,,    this is not professional at all .  I mean you cant even use there dam fourms to get help .

I know there haveing problems and i know what else there doing .  People are not like me so they dont think like me.

Do you know what there doing and why they are not letting ppl download this?/

Ok here is what i think, and what i think you can take to the BANK!

They did not have the money to start  a very big game so here is what they did in my book.

They started the game and let as many ppl in as there server can hold so they will make money to get another server and then repeat till there do it again.

They will be big but not now , just as soon as they buy the next server and bandwidth they will make another server and some more will come in and more money will be made.

That is what there doing in my book!

WWIIOnline The Real War!

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by Respit

"What worries me is why no publisher was located a long time ago for the alleged ground breaking game. It just too telling."   -   tombear81

There was one located years ago. You can read the announcement here .

It is all absolutely fine they are in a pre release phase, they have a distributor and publisher. The problems are only those you are making for yourself.

My current mindset doesn't even see AV as an issue in fact they should be commended for not caving in. As long as they stay as they are we have a fantastic game and people who care.

• RiznoNETRiznoNET Member Posts: 47

They should really take up this offer. To contact any of those companies about getting a proper launch to this game.

I can only wish to see them expand and grow their company but maybe an MMO is too much, especially for 21 -24 people to handle. Along with support for all those people who will be playing you will need constant updates and someone to monitor the servers just incase. Plus numerious other things.

We don't watch content patches to come once every 6 months.

• weg886weg886 Member Posts: 318

And another thing they better do is have a server restart in 3 weeks to make up for all the ppl that wanted to play this game at launch and never did.

Fair is Fair ,,,  everyone wants to have a fair chance at the game . And a good company will do this .  Just look at it like this everyone will have a chance to see what they want to do and see the game in person.

If they dont have a server restart then this is just like a hack to me they have a advantage over me.

Cheats are advantages over others. So this is a cheat right from the start!

O and i was a beta tester to go figure.

WWIIOnline The Real War!