Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Aventurine future

fenixha15fenixha15 burbank, CAPosts: 8Member

Well I have been reading around about aventurine since I did not buy darkfall ( will regret that for the rest of my life) but will in a few months when I buy a nice laptop to use it on but anyway back on topic I was reading around and all aventurine talks about is how "the games is not for everyone", "Not everyone will get to preoder succesfully", and how they are a small company and don't have alot of money. Well I was wondering what if it HUGE a complete success. Will they expand and open up alot more servers, add more expansion packs? Or will they stay small and still make it so only a selective group will be able to play?

I understand that AV won't read this (on purpose) but might stumble on it accidently and if im lucky they will post on their insight.

 

LONG LIVE AVENTURINE!!!

LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!!!

<WoW GM> so why are leaving WoW.
<Me> WoW sucks
<WoW GM> Are leaving for a differant game if so what is it.
<Me>yes I am and its...........................
DARKFALL B17CHES!!

Comments

  • John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid jiiiiigPosts: 1,531Member

    I'm loving this Darkfall marketing campaign.



    I bet noone likes Darkfall but all the developers on it have created 1000 mmorpg.com accounts hyping it up. Cause I don't understand how you can look at the gameplay video and honestly think that looks like anything other than shit.

  • fenixha15fenixha15 burbank, CAPosts: 8Member

    <WoW GM> so why are leaving WoW.
    <Me> WoW sucks
    <WoW GM> Are leaving for a differant game if so what is it.
    <Me>yes I am and its...........................
    DARKFALL B17CHES!!

  • DraklonDraklon MaastrichtPosts: 218Member Common

    Wrong forum

    Darkfall forum... over there *points*

    image
    image
  • JosherJosher Deerfield beach, FLPosts: 2,818Member

    I'm still amazed that they hired kids out of grade school to be animators.  Truly embarrasing.  Its like they never watched anyone walk, run or swing a sword before they started creating keyframes=)  Then again, I look at Fallout3 and Bethesda isn't much better...oh well.

    Gotta love edited videos though.  There are many more accurate representations of what the game REALLY plays like out there.  I only lasted about an hour in beta.   But give them credit.  After 8 yrs, the game is up and running.  Thats an accomplishment in itself many others havent' reached.

  • fenixha15fenixha15 burbank, CAPosts: 8Member

    Well I wasn't in beta but I do know that the Animations suck but if some people could look past that and wait till Aventurine gets back on their feet and pays back all their loans then maybe they will give them better animtaions but you have to agree we have the most BADA$$ patching team all I have heard from beta testers ising  Aventurine for the fast patches. At least we know they didn't pull and AoC on us.

    <WoW GM> so why are leaving WoW.
    <Me> WoW sucks
    <WoW GM> Are leaving for a differant game if so what is it.
    <Me>yes I am and its...........................
    DARKFALL B17CHES!!

  • DibdabsDibdabs FelvershamPosts: 2,604Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by fenixha15


    Actualy these videos really got my blood pumpin about this game......
    watch all of them in High quility

    Videos are meaningless eye candy.  Only an idiot would buy a game because the video looks cool.

     

  • fenixha15fenixha15 burbank, CAPosts: 8Member

    yes but what do we have to base darkfall on if we did not get into beta or pre order?

    <WoW GM> so why are leaving WoW.
    <Me> WoW sucks
    <WoW GM> Are leaving for a differant game if so what is it.
    <Me>yes I am and its...........................
    DARKFALL B17CHES!!

  • GameloadingGameloading NAPosts: 14,182Member
    Originally posted by fenixha15


    Well I wasn't in beta but I do know that the Animations suck but if some people could look past that and wait till Aventurine gets back on their feet and pays back all their loans then maybe they will give them better animtaions but you have to agree we have the most BADA$$ patching team all I have heard from beta testers ising  Aventurine for the fast patches. At least we know they didn't pull and AoC on us.



     

    Age of Conan was actually a decent game compared to Darkfall. It's really bad. Darkfall is just another example of a low budget mmorpg failing. I expect Adventurine to follow in the footsteps of the companies behind Mourning, Thrones of Chaos, Dark & Light and Irth Online.

  • astrob0yastrob0y stockholmPosts: 702Member

    Time for the mmorpg staff to make some bans soon. Or are we on a strange ad campange that we are not told about? 

    edit; and yeah. darkfall will probably fail. To bad, was looking forward to enjoy it with an buddy pass (or something like that)

    I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

  • TwistedFireTwistedFire Somewhere, ONPosts: 89Member

    All mmorpg sites I've visited have the same posts about how Darkfall is the best thing ever created like it's gods gift to gaming. When in all honesty the game is just gonna fail like the rest of the games that did. The DF fanboys are worse then WoW fanboys now, they'll jump on you like a starving lion if you disagree with them.

  • IhmoteppIhmotepp Koolawachie, SCPosts: 14,495Member

    If they can get the server stable, I think they will do OK.

    I hope they do make some money. It shows that more developers should be going after niche markets, if there are enough fanbois to keep Darkfall going, then theres' enough players out there to make all sorts of games feasible.

    Darkfall isn't my sort of game. That's Ok. I don't want every game made to be my sort of game. I want a niche game made for me, just like DF is made for it's niche.

    Make me a steampunk world with some great PvE, good support for grouping, and some RvR, along with ways players can change the world. No twitch combat please.

     

    image

  • fenixha15fenixha15 burbank, CAPosts: 8Member
    Originally posted by TwistedFire


    All mmorpg sites I've visited have the same posts about how Darkfall is the best thing ever created like it's gods gift to gaming. When in all honesty the game is just gonna fail like the rest of the games that did. The DF fanboys are worse then WoW fanboys now, they'll jump on you like a starving lion if you disagree with them.



     

    well actully although I have high hopes for this game but I already know that there is a much higher chance that darkfall is going to flop like a fat guy belly flopping off a 100ft diving board but hope is what keeps me intrested in this game.

    <WoW GM> so why are leaving WoW.
    <Me> WoW sucks
    <WoW GM> Are leaving for a differant game if so what is it.
    <Me>yes I am and its...........................
    DARKFALL B17CHES!!

  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 3,745Member Uncommon

             I dont know....Aventurine just strikes me as a very incompetent company......Maybe they have a decent dev team but they jsut give the impression that they dont know what they are doing in every other facet of the business......They jsut seem like they are in way over their heads for this market......It wouldnt shck me at all if they go the route of Sigil and Darkfall ends up the property of a bigger company someday......I think alot of people believe that Darkfall has alot of potential but its probably a longshot for a small company like Aventurine to ever make the game what it could be.

  • _Shadowmage_Shadowmage MelbournePosts: 1,459Member


    Originally posted by fenixha15
    Well I have been reading around about aventurine since I did not buy darkfall ( will regret that for the rest of my life) but will in a few months when I buy a nice laptop to use it on but anyway back on topic I was reading around and all aventurine talks about is how "the games is not for everyone", "Not everyone will get to preoder succesfully", and how they are a small company and don't have alot of money. Well I was wondering what if it HUGE a complete success. Will they expand and open up alot more servers, add more expansion packs? Or will they stay small and still make it so only a selective group will be able to play?
    I understand that AV won't read this (on purpose) but might stumble on it accidently and if im lucky they will post on their insight.
     
    LONG LIVE AVENTURINE!!!
    LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!!!

    Did you lie about where you live - or is the education system really that bad in the U.S?

    And seriously - you are going to regret for the next 50+ years not buying Darkfall the second it was available? Get a grip.

    But back on your topic - With all the issues many people seem to be having trying to even play Darkfall its a good thing they kept the release small.
Sign In or Register to comment.