Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open the damned shop

marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Let everyone who wants to order do it!

It's the weekend now and if I get to Sunday night and still have not been able to order and play this game I am going to go friggen postal.

JUST DO IT.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

Comments

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by marcust

It's the weekend now and if I get to Sunday night and still have not been able to order and play this game I am going to go friggen postal.
    JUST DO IT.

I really don't think that will be happening.  It may happen in a week, or maybe longer.  They have several issues that need to be addressed before the current wave of players can play.  Then, they will get to you.

• jordank23jordank23 Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by junzo316

JUST DO IT.

I really don't think that will be happening.  It may happen in a week, or maybe longer.  They have several issues that need to be addressed before the current wave of players can play.  Then, they will get to you.

Don't you realize that if they open shop now the are REALLY opening up an even bigger can of crap for themselves?  They are having trouble right now in there limited release , closed beta whatever you want to call it.  They can't just open up show now, THEY EVEN GET THAT, and I've come to realize they don't get much.  Sorry dude, I know it sucks but from the sounds of it your not missing out on much anyway right now AND I'm willing to bet it will be about  1-3 weeks before they open up the store...if they are smart they will wait.

Played: Shadowbane, UO, PlanetSide, SWG, EQ 2, City of Heros, AO, AoC, Daoc, WOW, lotro, Eve, GW, Tabula, Pirates of the burning sea (yup), Vanguard, Warhammer, Lineage 2

Out of all those I loved Shadow Bane, SWG (it had its issues but those first few months were great) and AO after about 5 months I was in love) RIP..not since then have I loved a MMO...

• freshlyownedfreshlyowned Member Posts: 4

yo this game so doomed

• TurnellTurnell Member Posts: 239

Way I see it, we should be happy that we are not paying to play at this point. Let the dust settle. Then go in and enjoy the game

• looneyozzylooneyozzy Member Posts: 28

They haven't even fixed the perorders yet so don't hold your breath about more subs opening.

• Syyth007Syyth007 Member Posts: 250

That is a REALY bad idea..  Imagine the chaos that would rule these boards if they decided to open the floodgates yesterday?  Can you imagine how long it would of taken them to process the account payments by hand if their had been 50k or even 100k rather then the 10k they could barely handle?  It's pretty obvious they are having a real hard time handling the small amount of customers they have at this time, and it would be professional suicide to let another round of customers in.  I wouldn't expect them to open up "the shop" for at least a few weeks, or at least untl they get all the current billing errors, and server problems that they're dealing with right now.

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by Turnell

Way I see it, we should be happy that we are not paying to play at this point. Let the dust settle. Then go in and enjoy the game

+1 agreed

good post

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by jordank23

JUST DO IT.

Don't you realize that if they open shop now the are REALLY opening up an even bigger can of crap for themselves?  They are having trouble right now in there limited release , closed beta whatever you want to call it.  They can't just open up show now, THEY EVEN GET THAT, and I've come to realize they don't get much.  Sorry dude, I know it sucks but from the sounds of it your not missing out on much anyway right now AND I'm willing to bet it will be about  1-3 weeks before they open up the store...if they are smart they will wait.

Aventurine are clued up and know what they are doing, for a game as good as this i am happy to wait...

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

You know if they opened the shop now and took all the orders they could but put a flag on each account based on when they ordered, and they could control how many people are ingame.

They dont have to bill people for the monthly subscription part of the cost until they actually have the flag turned off.

I.e. you order but that just puts you in the queue to play when theres room.

At least then they would have some idea how many people want to play DF, at the moment they have no idea, and if they had 100k forward orders they could take that information to their financiers and get some additional servers ordered.

At the moment they have no idea what the numbers are and this pain will drag out for weeks as we have rush after rush.

Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899
    Originally posted by Turnell

It is pretty much my plan, ill wait a few weeks before i purchase the damn game.

• s1wg4us1wg4u Member Posts: 37

a few weeks? lawl. They were going to open the store up this morning, but they realized that there was a sync issue. Have you even been reading? They couldn't fix the sync issue, but fixed the human issue, then they stated in latest update they finally knew what was wrong with the sync issue and were in the process of fixing it. In the first post they stated they were launching the store, after they fixed the sync issue. And they are almost done with the sync issue. 

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by Isane

Originally posted by jordank23

JUST DO IT.

Aventurine are clued up and know what they are doing, for a game as good as this i am happy to wait...

The "failed launch" speaks quite to the contrary...

• DarkZoeDarkZoe Member Posts: 38

But the fact that the release is limited is adding to the fire. If it was not limited, many people wouldn't even bother to try to order this game in its current state. But it is limited! This is the real PvP, who will win the crap.

• tehlokeytehlokey Member Posts: 66

Please, if you have anymore completely horrid ideas keep them to yourself.  That is a fucking stupid idea if I have ever heard one at this point.  Currently, the server can not handle the players who originally ordered.  Throwing a shit load of more people on the server right now will completely ruin the future of this game. STFU carebear, should have got your pre-order sooner.  QQ less.

Originally posted by s1wg4u

a few weeks? lawl. They were going to open the store up this morning, but they realized that there was a sync issue. Have you even been reading? They couldn't fix the sync issue, but fixed the human issue, then they stated in latest update they finally knew what was wrong with the sync issue and were in the process of fixing it. In the first post they stated they were launching the store, after they fixed the sync issue. And they are almost done with the sync issue. 

Yea ive been reading here and there all day long and came to that conclusion.  Of course if nothing work better in a few weeks ill just wait more...   there is no rush in my head.

Originally posted by tehlokey

Please, if you have anymore completely horrid ideas keep them to yourself.  That is a fucking stupid idea if I have ever heard one at this point.  Currently, the server can not handle the players who originally ordered.  Throwing a shit load of more people on the server right now will completely ruin the future of this game. STFU carebear, should have got your pre-order sooner.  QQ less.

lol

• s1wg4us1wg4u Member Posts: 37

none in my head either. Thought i was hoping to drown myself in a game this weekend. I may just take the alcoholic route instead -_-

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

They need to ensure the severs are stable first, which will probrably take another 24 hours. And on top of that, some people are still having difficulties with their pre-orders, so I can't see how they will have time to manage further fresh accounts at this point.

I'm sure it was their intial intention to open up more spots before the start of the weekend (makes good business sense), but Im not gonna hold my breath.

• mmosftl.commmosftl.com Member Posts: 21

what blows me away is how many ppl are waiting for the servers to come up and play (the ones with successfull preorders). ....especially in its condition. i mean..i dont think i would really be excited to take the day off, get on the server and start hacking away at invisible mobs and getting hit by who knows. i mean these are the ppl who think SB, AoC, War, or VG sucks even though these games are somewhat actually playable now. im sure its most likely they are over excited cause its a new game and they wanna have the edge in the game as soon as possible. especially the guilds. would they still favor a wipe on the server after the exploits are fixed? who knows. being in a guild sometimes i witness how happy guild members are when we find an exploit and we use it to our benefit. its almost like gleeful cheering (snicker snicker) wow lets not tell anyone. actually this is my first post about this whole DF thing and this was one of my biggest curiosities...

Ok let me tell you all a story.

Assume I run the local bakery and the demand is always huge at lunchtime.

I have two ways available to manage customers.

Firstly I could close the dorrs and every five minutes or so I could open the doors and let about 10 people in and then shut the doors again. Those ten people would get served and then exit and I would open the main doors again and let the customers fight to see who the next 10 are to get in.

Alternatively, I could put one of those machines in the shop that people use to take a number, and they could peacefully take a number when they enter and wait for their number to be called.

Which do you think would make more sense?

Let everyone order while keeping their account as inactive, then gradually make accounts active as more capacity is made available. The customers would be happier, they could just grab their ticket and relax, rather than having to fight to get to the main door and hold that spot until it opens.

Its called customer management, while they are sorting out the major technical issues ingame there is no reason why they couldnt set this up.

And as I said, they would then have some real numbers to take back to their financiers.

They would also have peoples $50, at the moment they dont have mine. Of course they would not start the 33 days until accounts are made active.

To the dipshit who called me carebear lol, please explain to me the problem with this method, or is the extent of your intelligence petty name calling?

Ok obviously you don't know what is going on.  DARKFALL IS ABOUT TO FAIL.  THEY ARE FUCKING EVERYTHING UP.  You think they can manage some on aspect of customer support or something like that....ha!  They can't handle the shit that is piled on their plate right now.

I disagree.

They will not fail. Yes they have messed up the release, but apparently the game was stable near the end of closed beta.

The issues Aventurine have are more to do with marketing, finance and customer management, the game itself is fine and will be a huge success.

I strongly believe so and so am making suggestions on how to handle the current situation. You disagree, thats fine. Why don't you stop posting here then and focus your time somewhere else?

Thanks for bumping this thread though.

I disagree.
    They will not fail. Yes they have messed up the release, but apparently the game was stable near the end of closed beta.
    The issues Aventurine have are more to do with marketing, finance and customer management, the game itself is fine and will be a huge success.
    I strongly believe so and so am making suggestions on how to handle the current situation. You disagree, thats fine. Why don't you stop posting here then and focus your time somewhere else?

You have valid points, other than the attempt to be a dick at the end there.  The problem is, in what kind of time frame are they going to have this fixed.  As more time goes on, they lose credibility which was already lacking.  A shit load of my friends were interested in Darkfall.  I had like 3 guildy's at my house watching the release of server when all this went down.  Now they ask me questions at school.

Friend: How is Darkfall Online?

Me: I think you mean Darkfall Offline?

Friend: You cheeky bastard.

• celee2222celee2222 Member Posts: 123

You may as well give your $50 dollars to a tramp

Originally posted by tehlokey

I disagree.

You have valid points, other than the attempt to be a dick at the end there.  The problem is, in what kind of time frame are they going to have this fixed.  As more time goes on, they lose credibility which was already lacking.  A shit load of my friends were interested in Darkfall.  I had like 3 guildy's at my house watching the release of server when all this went down.  Now they ask me questions at school.

Friend: How is Darkfall Online?

Me: I think you mean Darkfall Offline?

Friend: You cheeky bastard.

It wouldnt be too hard to add an extra column to their accounts table called "Active", just a boolean flag (true/false). All people who have successfully preordered would have the flag set to true. Everyone that orders from now on has it set to false. The Accounts table would have a unique identifing field, i.e. an acsending number. When they think they can handle another 2000 users they set the next 2000 flags to active and email those people to say they are now being billed and can now play. They would also need to display the Active/Inactive on their shop page.

It really isnt that hard and is a much better model than the current one.

I could have the whole thing set up in an hour max (yes I am in IT and know how to do this).

if they wanted to make it a bit more sophisticated they could display your queue number on the account page, so you could see that 6000 acoounts are active and you are number 8341 in the queue. AGain not hard to do. A 10 minute phone call to the billing company would fix it.