Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ask all of your questions here... PART 2

RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314

Hello everyone!!

Sorry I have not been keeping up to date with the original Ask all of your questions about AoC.  As we all know the infamous 1.04 Patch is now live for Age of Conan and I have been very busy with that lately.  Same as before, if you are returning or currently playing and have any questions that you are wondering about please state them here and I will respond to them as best I can.  We just had the server first for the Chatha kill on Cimmeria last night so I can field all PVE/PVP/Siege questions you may have.

Fire away!

Comments

• Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352

What is the most lame aspect of PvP?

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Blackwell99

I think the PVP in AoC is phenomenal.  Of course you will always have some classes that seem to be better or deemed over powered from time to time, but that is the nature of class balancing in any MMO.  The group PVP and Siege PVP is probably the most fun I have in AoC.  Especially now that the PVP resources are in Cimmeria's ENd, you just get a hunting party together and scoure across the pretty large zone looking for people to kill.

But, to answer your question.....I guess I would have to say the only way PVP is lame in AoC is because of some players.  Before the patch everyone pretty much just PVP'd in Kheshatta in the Oasis area where there are a crapload of guards.  If people were losing or think they were going to lose they would run to the guards and the guards would come out and pretty much two shot you.  I can't blame that on Funcom because it is obvious they want people to move out to the much larger area of Cimmeria's End to PVP instead of the small Oasis area of Kheshetta.

• clearSamclearSam Member Posts: 304

whats the most effective way to make gold at lvl 30 ~ 40 ?

• Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352
    Originally posted by Redruum

Originally posted by Blackwell99

I think the PVP in AoC is phenomenal.  Of course you will always have some classes that seem to be better or deemed over powered from time to time, but that is the nature of class balancing in any MMO.  The group PVP and Siege PVP is probably the most fun I have in AoC.  Especially now that the PVP resources are in Cimmeria's ENd, you just get a hunting party together and scoure across the pretty large zone looking for people to kill.

But, to answer your question.....I guess I would have to say the only way PVP is lame in AoC is because of some players.  Before the patch everyone pretty much just PVP'd in Kheshatta in the Oasis area where there are a crapload of guards.  If people were losing or think they were going to lose they would run to the guards and the guards would come out and pretty much two shot you.  I can't blame that on Funcom because it is obvious they want people to move out to the much larger area of Cimmeria's End to PVP instead of the small Oasis area of Kheshetta.

I see....

So you didn't write this, I take it:

forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php

cool, thanks for the answer

Correct that is not me.  My forum name is Hieru on the official forums.   Not sure why that  guy is so bent out of shape about his splash damage hitting guards.  I guess he is more upset that something isn't working as Funcom said it would, which I can go along with.  If he was really concerned about it he shouldn't PVP next to guards imo.  I would suggest to him to head to Cimmeria's End....no guards out there and alot more people to fight then there are in Khesh now adays.

• LaunvatarLaunvatar Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 127

How's the population at servers ? Do we have to lvl up alone ?

ROTFLTHTSASTCMMMWIATIHEPMASCTPATTMTMHAAOTIYFYSFPOSWYLJTMMLTMYB

Rolling On The Floor Laughing Too Hard To Stop And Scaring The Cat, Meanwhile My Mom Walked In And Thought I Had Eaten Poisonous Mushrooms And She Called The Paramedics And They Took Me Too Mad House And All Of This Is Your Fault You Stupid Fathead Piece Of **** With Your Lame Jokes That Make Me Laugh This Much You Bastard

• AssasinatedAssasinated Member Posts: 31

Hey I just started AoC and I wonder on how can I change my fatalities and how can I make them happen more often .

Originally posted by Launvatar

How's the population at servers ? Do we have to lvl up alone ?

They have finished all of their server merges and it seems all of the servers are very well populated now.  Funcom gave one free character transfer for each of your characters if you didn' t like what server your's was merged with.  Tyranny is the largest pure PVP server with Cimmeria as the RP-PVP server right behind it.  Then you have Set which I believe is the largest PVE server.  You can choose to level up alone if you wish, but no, you will not have trouble finding others to group without all the way through 80.

Originally posted by Assasinated

Hey I just started AoC and I wonder on how can I change my fatalities and how can I make them happen more often .

As you get higher in levels the different types of fatalities you can do will increase.  Fatalities seem pretty random, but from what we can tell it seems if you finish off a combo as the last hit on a mob you have a chance to get a fatality, but not always.  This is one of the main reasons why I like this game so much, there is alot of blood and the fatalities are awesome!

• PrintscreenPrintscreen Member UncommonPosts: 100

On max settings at 1920x1200, Is it possible for 40 people on screen to pvp each other without fps dropping to power point slide?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Yes, as long as you have a good rig. Something like 4gigs of ram and 9600gtx would do. You could also turn off certain things like turn off particle affects which will help. Even with my 8600gt and 2gigs of ram I get 20fps with modified high settings and particles off.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by Printscreen

On max settings at 1920x1200, Is it possible for 40 people on screen to pvp each other without fps dropping to power point slide?

It definately depends on your machine.  Below is a link from the PVP siege we had last night from one of our members, this was a 48 vs 48, but there are only a few times when all 48 vs 48 are in the same spot at the same time.  For normal machines, no there is no way you will get away with having max settings in a pvp siege yet.  They have made HUGE strides in the lag area of sieging, but it still needs to be fine tuned even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVCnBFJP1w&fmt=22

This guys spec's

core i7 920 @3.6Ghz

6Gb Corsair dominator tri channel

two 9800GTX's in SLI

packed onto a EVGA X58 mobo.

so, one of the fastest systems out atm.

Without fraps i get 30-60fps with Vsync durring the siege.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

It definately depends on your machine.  Below is a link from the PVP siege we had last night from one of our members, this was a 48 vs 48, but there are only a few times when all 48 vs 48 are in the same spot at the same time.  For normal machines, no there is no way you will get away with having max settings in a pvp siege yet.  They have made HUGE strides in the lag area of sieging, but it still needs to be fine tuned even more.

This guys spec's

core i7 920 @3.6Ghz

two 9800GTX's in SLI

Awesome Video Siege!!

• AssasinatedAssasinated Member Posts: 31

This guys spec's

core i7 920 @3.6Ghz

two 9800GTX's in SLI

I love that thing that happens at 1:45. A stealthed character sneaks after the group on the side of the road and a guy with a healbuff runs by. When he does the buff flashes a green light and you can see the silhouette of the invisible guy then. Awesome!!

Edit: I forgot to ask the question. I am currently experimenting a lot with skills and reset them with Alt-mouseclick. I have a question about climbing. I have found out that it is easier to fall down slopes with low climbskill than high. Can you confirm this?

Edit2:Why don't you have such a thread as this in the AoC forum? I find it easier to ask here actually than in AoC forum. lol

• BlackWizardsBlackWizards Member Posts: 173

What is there do once your 80 that is not raiding or minigames?

• JasmaJasma Member Posts: 126

First of all Redrum let me say that this thread is great. Basically the reason for why I opened an account here. I think I have a hard question. But I'll make it easier for you by starting with an couple of easy one.

1. Which dungeon or group instance do you like the most?

2. Which Raid instance do you like the most

And here comes the hard question

3. I have seen once a guy that was playing with his group in AoC and he had 5 other miniscreens lined up on the left on his monitor. Those 5 miniscreen was videostreams from whatever the other guys in that group saw. I thought it looked ubercool, but I am not sure if that snapshot I saw was photoshoped or if it actually can be done. Do you have any comments on this?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by BlackWizards

Siegeing, and a couple of group dungeons. More to come in the next couple moths, but probably nothing spectacular until the expansion pack

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

FEATS

How much does it cost to reset my feats, the first time, the second time, the third time..., etc.

Is there a maximum amount I will pay?

And do these amounts reset themselves after some time?

Fatalities

You mention you get new fatalities as you level up...........

What are the maximum number of Fatality animations for any one class?

Will i randomly perform fatalities from all the fatalities my char knows, ie at lvl 80 will it still be possible for me to perform a fatalitiy animation i did when i was lvl 1?

PVP

I hear that there is pvp in the Borderlands even on PVE servers, can you let us know how this works?

If i am not in a guild and go there can i take part in pvp?

Expansions

Has there been any talk about expansions for AoC and if so what and when can we expect something?

• ChaosasChaosas Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

Expansions
    Has there been any talk about expansions for AoC and if so what and when can we expect something?

Q3 2008 financial report mentioned expansion in Q4 2009. Q4 2008 report didn't mention an expansion so maybe they're delaying it due to financial problems.

Anyway, what little we know about it is that it's supposed to include some Asian-like areas from Hyboria:

http://aocblog.com/2008/08/age-of-conan-expansion-teaser.html

Originally posted by Assasinated

This guys spec's

core i7 920 @3.6Ghz

two 9800GTX's in SLI

I love that thing that happens at 1:45. A stealthed character sneaks after the group on the side of the road and a guy with a healbuff runs by. When he does the buff flashes a green light and you can see the silhouette of the invisible guy then. Awesome!!

Edit: I forgot to ask the question. I am currently experimenting a lot with skills and reset them with Alt-mouseclick. I have a question about climbing. I have found out that it is easier to fall down slopes with low climbskill than high. Can you confirm this?

Edit2:Why don't you have such a thread as this in the AoC forum? I find it easier to ask here actually than in AoC forum. lol

I cannot confirm about the low climbskill as I have never really tested that so I do not feel comfortable giving a solid answer to that.  I have always only up'd my climbskill when needed for certain quests and that is about it.

I felt that a thread like this would be better placed here at mmorpg.com because I had a feeling there are alot of people here that browse alot of the different game forums and I wanted to make sure people get accurate answers to their questions and not answers from people that played to level 15 and say the game sucks. :) 

Originally posted by BlackWizards

Once you hit 80 your current options are to experience the new solo level 80 dungeon Slaughterhouse or the new level 80 group dungeon Xibiliku (sp?).  If you are in a decent sized guild that can field a 24 man PVE raid then there are three Tier 1 bosses.  Then there is Tier 2 which is the Black Ring Citadel which has 3 wings within it.  Wing 1 has 3 Bosses, Wing 2 has 4 bosses and Wing 3 has 2 bosses.

If PVE is not your thing then there is world PVP in all zones except the 3 city zones.  Cimmeria's End has recently become a hot spot after this last patch because they have introduced PVP resources that are needed to build and/or repair your PVP battlekeeps.  There are also 6 vs 6 mini games with three different maps, one being an annihilate the opposing team and the other two being capture the skull games.  Then once again if you are in a guild there are 48 vs 48 PVP sieges.  There are only 8 PVP battlekeeps per server.  My guild alone has been involved with 4 sieges in the past 6 days so sieges happen pretty often on the Cimmeria server.  We usually only normally pvp siege about once a week, but things have picked up a bit since this last 1.04 update.  PVP battlekeeps are open for attack every 3 days.

Other then that there isn't much else to do unless you are a RP'er.

Hopefully that is kind of the answer you were looking for?

Originally posted by Jasma

First of all Redrum let me say that this thread is great. Basically the reason for why I opened an account here. I think I have a hard question. But I'll make it easier for you by starting with an couple of easy one.
    1. Which dungeon or group instance do you like the most?
    2. Which Raid instance do you like the most
    And here comes the hard question
    3. I have seen once a guy that was playing with his group in AoC and he had 5 other miniscreens lined up on the left on his monitor. Those 5 miniscreen was videostreams from whatever the other guys in that group saw. I thought it looked ubercool, but I am not sure if that snapshot I saw was photoshoped or if it actually can be done. Do you have any comments on this?

Howdy Jasma, great to meet you!

1. Currently I would have to say the new Xibaluku.  It is definately a good challenge for a group of 6.

2. I would have to say Black Ring Citadel is very well done.  I guess the very last boss in Wing 3 is currently my favorite because Wing 3 was just opened this last 1.04 patch.  It is also my favorite because we just took down the first boss in Wing 3 which was a server first for our server and I think there are only 3 guilds through all of AoC that are on this last boss.  The pic is very bad quality because he had his settings down pretty low to make sure he didn't lag too much because we weren't sure what to expect with our first time in there.  But, the room Leviathian is in looks like no other room of any of the other bosses and he actually rises up out of this pool of water.  http://www.virtualdump.net/pics/leviathus.png  So, currently this is my favorite area until we take him down. :)

3. To be honest I have never heard of that.  That is definately not a built in feature of AoC.  I guess it could be technically possible if all those people setup their computers for remote support connections through Vista or XP and they were all watching each others screens.  I guess I don't really see the huge advantage of that especially if they are all in one group and right next to each other in game? :)

Originally posted by VultureSkull

FEATS
    How much does it cost to reset my feats, the first time, the second time, the third time..., etc.
    Is there a maximum amount I will pay?
    And do these amounts reset themselves after some time?
    Fatalities
    You mention you get new fatalities as you level up...........
    What are the maximum number of Fatality animations for any one class?
    Will i randomly perform fatalities from all the fatalities my char knows, ie at lvl 80 will it still be possible for me to perform a fatalitiy animation i did when i was lvl 1?

PVP
    I hear that there is pvp in the Borderlands even on PVE servers, can you let us know how this works?
    If i am not in a guild and go there can i take part in pvp?

Expansions

1. Feats - Yes it does cost coin to reset your feats each time.  The first time is something very small like  a couple silver and it continues to get more and more expensive the more you do it.  You will have quite a few chances before you reach the 1 gold mark.  There is no limit to how many times you can respec, you can keep respec'ing until you don't want to pay that much any longer.  There is times where Funcom will reset the feat costs back to the beginning, but to be honest they have not done that in quite a while, so no they do not reset costs automatically after a certain time.

2. Fatalities - To be totally honest I don't know how many different fatality animations there are for each class.  If I were to guess I would say 6, but don't quote me on that.  The type of fatalities are tied to the type of weapon you are using.  An example of this would be the infamous assassin fatality where he stabs you in the front with his first dagger then the second one ends up int he back of your skull, this person has the movie sped up a bit and kind of hard to see, but it is pretty sweet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yjGD5RqhGY.  An example here is of a long sword for a decap which you would not be able to do with a blunt weapon or a dagger for example www.youtube.com/watch Another cool one I have seen is from the Barbarian if they are duel wield with one hand swords and they throw both of their swords into the chest of their opponent.  Fatalities is one of the major reasons why I like this game so much, MMO's needed blood and fatalities a long time ago.  You don't lose any fatalities you just gain different one's as you get higher in levels.

3. PVP - Yes as of this last update 1.04 they have implemented PVP resources in the Border Kingdoms which gives another reason for PVP.  You do not have to be in a guild to participate in any PVP and that goes for the entire world except for the 3 city zones.  You can be a solo person and PVP whenever you want wherever if you wish.

4. There was rumors of an expansion pack in 2009, but Funcom has not released any official informationa bout that as of yet.

• MixieMixie Member Posts: 111

does the armor look the same from lvl 1-50 still our have they change the armor look so it looks like you gettting better? More epic if you will or do you still look like a guy in a brownbag?

Originally posted by Mixie

does the armor look the same from lvl 1-50 still our have they change the armor look so it looks like you gettting better? More epic if you will or do you still look like a guy in a brownbag?

Yes the armor does look different as you level up.  The PVP armor looks different then the PVE armor.  You will notice that the class armor will generally look the same once you are fully geared out in T2 BRC PVE raid gear.  The classes look different, but as you get to the very end with all of the best gear all guardians will look like other guardians, but then again not everyone gets to the very end game stuff.