Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Bushido Skill Training Guide

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's V D provides us with this guide to Bushido Skill Training in the classic MMORPG, Ultima Online.

Bushido is the traditional code of the Japanese samurai which stresses courage, loyalty, self-discipline and simple living. It is not a complete skill, however. In order to be effective it should be combined with a weapon skill (Archery, Fencing, Macing, or Swordsmanship). Mostly, it is a melee combat supplement and to use the abilities you need the required skill and mana. This skill has its own spell book, but doesn’t require any reagents or tithing points.

This is another skill that you gain in by just doing it. Repetition is the key of learning, and the thing to remember is Bushido improves your chance to parry without a shield, so if you want to get that skill out of this and become a samurai you have to be ready to say goodbye to your shield completely. Even if you were to become Grand Master in both Parry and Bushido, there is a 29% chance to parry with a 2 handed weapon, 25% with a 1 handed weapon, and only mere 5% while holding a shield.

Read the Bushido Skill Training Guide

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This guide make absolutely no sense.  If you are grandmaster in parry, you most certainly are going to block more than 5% with a shield.   Sometimes I wonder about where you dig up people who write these articles.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

I know I'm necroing a thread but I just had to say that the writer was right. thats how bushido works.