Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to expect content Wise when Apoc releases and What to expect in the time between Apoc and Ambu

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

CCP is known to release Quick free Expansions, sometimes these expansions don't arrive feature complete and the rest is patched in during the next couple months before the following expansion.

So to fill everyone in I figured I would give people New to the game a heads up on what to expect on March 10th and what they could expect in the months after.

Apocrypha Features released March 10th

1. New Player Experience is feature complete, you get new creation options, missions and 100% skill training increase up to 1.6 million SP to totally craft your character.

2. UI, the New fitting screen is complete. It's moveable and isn't annoying like it was when it appeared first on Sisi. It's loaded with tons of new information that used to be only available on EFT

3. Stat Respecs feature complete, Able to respec attributes every six months.

4. WormHole Space, Feature Complete, 2000+ new systems (46% increase to game space) all available and functioning. CCP also added a bonus Tactical environments (decrease/increased speed/traking/falloff depending on system). Sleepers Are in and AI is challenging to say the least.

5. Epic Missions Story Arcs, As of Right now Only one 100+ mission/mulitple Ending Arc will be released with Apoc. More on the way. As of right now the one Arc releasing will be targeted to newish players at level 1-II mission difficulty. while this leaves older players with no arc to run anyone can easily jump in a Frig or cruiser and run this mission arc, even Vets. We also now find out Epic story arcs wont totally replace existing missions, they seem to just be another tool/feature for mission runners to play with.

6. Tactical Cruisers (T3), Originally T3 was said to have a Hull and 5 subsystems with 5 variations to each sub system. as of Right now T3 will ship with 5 sub systems with 3 variations each. These sub systems are polished and ships work well with just the three. Mechanics to create T3 sub systems and Hulls seems totally feature complete also.

7. Probing/scanning Revamp: Feature complete will release in a functional state but will be updated with fixes after release.

8. Improved Graphics (Particle effects, planet/roids, sounds), mostly finished. New Warp and Moduale usage graphics increase the Visuals of Eve big time. planets are complete, new sounds added.

9. Skill Que, Feature complete. Ability to que skills within a 24 hour start time. Woot no more waking up at 4am to train a skill!!!!!

Apocrypha Features released in mini patches 2-3 week to a couple months after release.

1. Tactical Cruisers (T3), The remaining two Variations for the each 5 sub systems are being implemented after the release. the 4th variation will release from 1-3 weeks after march 10th and the Fifth a month to a couple months after March 10th. CCP is doing this to ensure that all T3 sub systems are as polished as can be.

2. Epic Story Arcs, With the epic story arc mechanic in full swing we can expect a few Large arcs to be released from March 10th to right before Ambulation. A few of them arcs are near completion and will come in mini patches after march 10th. Expect harder Arcs targetted at Level III and IV missions runners.

3. Particle Effects, Certain Effects will be added After release if they don't make Apoch on march 10th.

4. Probing fixes and polishing expected after release

Ok while I know some people will be upset knowing things like limited Arcs and two sub systems for T3 will be missing at the release, this is all standard fare for CCP. the Xpac isnt only released on March 10th, it's also released in small patches in the months leading up to the next Expansion.

We can expect Apoc on March 10th, Ambulation for a Fall release and hints of a December Xpac  all for free.

Hope this helps new and old players, If I missed anything please let me know.

Thanks for reading

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• MivioMivio Member Posts: 15

You forgot the box and what it offers.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Mostly correct but you're T3 info is a little backwards. In order to even assemble a T3 ship you need all 5 subsystems so what they are releasing on M10 is the 4 Racial Hulls + 3 variations of each of the 5 subsystems for each race with the other 2 variations of each subsystems of each race to be released when they've finished the models/textures.

Other than that I think everything else was correct.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Minsc

Mostly correct but you're T3 info is a little backwards. In order to even assemble a T3 ship you need all 5 subsystems so what they are releasing on M10 is the 4 Racial Hulls + 3 variations of each of the 5 subsystems for each race with the other 2 variations of each subsystems of each race to be released when they've finished the models/textures.

I wish that were true buddy, seriously I do.

The Dev  t0rfifrans already reposted with only three sub systems with 5 variations each will be released and two of the sub systems will be added later.

I've checked this ten times.

t0rfifrans Already repeated himself three times in a thread I can't seem to find now LOL!

If it was only   3 3 3 3 3  instead of 5 5 5 5 5 not many players would bitch but since entire sub systems are missing this is why that thread is freaking crazy. 5  5 5 will be available at launch.

I do hope I'm wrong though, the Only 1 mission arc being release this Xpac pissed me off enough lol.

Link me the info saying we get all 5 sub systems and 3 variations each instead of 5 please.

I'll edit my post once you do that for me.

Originally posted by Mivio

You forgot the box and what it offers.

The box Offers the original client with all free Xpansions, Newbie Game guide, Free exclusive shuttle and a 60 day time code for 34.99 -39.99

• MivioMivio Member Posts: 15

And half of the 60 day code can be turned into a plex.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by Z3R01

The Dev  t0rfifrans already reposted with only three sub systems with 5 variations each will be released and two of the sub systems will be added later.

t0rfifrans Already repeated himself three times in a thread I can't seem to find now LOL!

If it was only   3 3 3 3 3  instead of 5 5 5 5 5 not many players would bitch but since entire sub systems are missing this is why that thread is freaking crazy. 5  5 5 will be available at launch.

I do hope I'm wrong though, the Only 1 mission arc being release this Xpac pissed me off enough lol.

Link me the info saying we get all 5 sub systems and 3 variations each instead of 5 please.

Your wrong, but thats okay, you must have all 5 subsytems to even use the ship so IT must be 3/3/3/3/3 not 5/5/5/0/0, It is also that way on SISI each Strat Cruiser has all 5 subsystems but only variations 1 through 3 and is missing variation 4 and 5 of each subsystem.

• M_VexM_Vex Member Posts: 67

The latest "features page" says you can redistribute attributes once a year, not six months.

I'm boosting my trade and science skills to an acceptable level and then ditching my charisma and memory attribute points for the next year.  Unfortunately, my other toon who's spec'ing out for command ships will mhave to keep the charisma for now...

On the plus side, I'm hoping to get a good chunk of gallente industrial/market skills off the bat for a new trade alt.

Originally posted by Nicoli

Your wrong, but thats okay, you must have all 5 subsytems to even use the ship so IT must be 3/3/3/3/3 not 5/5/5/0/0, It is also that way on SISI each Strat Cruiser has all 5 subsystems but only variations 1 through 3 and is missing variation 4 and 5 of each subsystem.

Nicoli tyvm, the info on the forums was quite confusing to say the least.

I've asked around more and got a confirmation 3/3/3/3/3 will be ready for march 10th with the 4th a week to 3 weeks after release.

I will adjust my Main post.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

the only things i'm excited about are the skill queues, more space, and stat respecs. Also i guess the box release, and serious marketing by CCP. More people = more targets

What they should do is let us paint our ships!

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

its looking good, the graphics updates are looking pretty good, especially the new turret effects and hardeners.

i think tech3 is going to be a bit of a dud unless they tweak it tbh.

Originally posted by Xennith

its looking good, the graphics updates are looking pretty good, especially the new turret effects and hardeners.
    i think tech3 is going to be a bit of a dud unless they tweak it tbh.

All tech 3 is going to bring is more customization and to be honest thats all I want.

I don't want T3 to replace T1 and T2, I think its good that they will all co-exist.

How many MMOs have we played that released content that made the existing content worthless?

I love how CCP adds more tools to the sandbox, without making the other tools shitty to the point of them needing to be thrown away.

T3 will have its place, just like everyother ship type in Eve.

black ops.

Originally posted by Xennith

black ops.

Black Ops along with SB are a balance/revamp issue.

They need to be fixed and they will overtime.

Edit: Every MMO has a class, skill, spell, item or feature that functions poorly thats why devs do tweaks, fixes and rebalances. the problems with BO and SB are known and will be dealt with in time.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

*fantastical post*

Man, i am seriously thinking of coming back now.

Are there any screenies/vids of the new UI and such, as well as the new graphics ( I have no problem with the current graphics, but I never turn down some good eye candy )? Not NDA breaking or anything, but maybe some put out by CCP that I've missed.

ccp dont put NDAs on their expansions

Originally posted by Zorvan

*fantastical post*

Are there any screenies/vids of the new UI and such, as well as the new graphics ( I have no problem with the current graphics, but I never turn down some good eye candy )? Not NDA breaking or anything, but maybe some put out by CCP that I've missed.

goto my Wormhole exploration video thread (About 10-15 threads down from this one) on the front page within that post is a link to about 7 other videos on the expansion.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Zorvan

*fantastical post*

goto my Wormhole exploration video thread (About 10-15 threads down from this one) on the front page within that post is a link to about 7 other videos on the expansion.

Thanks. Heading there now.

Edit:

Well, I gotta say that although I thought the old graphics and effects were fine, they really have outdone themselves. I especially like the new shield, cloaking, and warping effects. The new weapon effects are nice also.

UI does seem a bit "cleaner" than before.

Personally though, I think finally being able to que skills pleases me the most.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

I don't know about everyone else but I find that the game runs a hell of a lot smoother on my system than the current trinity client does with everything maxed on both. They seem to have done some intense optimization on the engine with scene2.

For example with everything maxed at 1650x1080 rez in both clients

on TQ I get about 75-80 fps with plenty of action on screen and about 100-120 when it's quiet.

on Sisi I get 100+ fps in the FFA arena's and their inevitable drone/wreck spam and a solid 140+ fps when it's quiet

My rig is running a single 8800gt 512mb card.

I don't know about everyone else but I find that the game runs a hell of a lot smoother on my system than the current trinity client does with everything maxed on both. They seem to have done some intense optimization on the engine with scene2.
    For example with everything maxed at 1650x1080 rez in both clients
    on TQ I get about 75-80 fps with plenty of action on screen and about 100-120 when it's quiet.
    on Sisi I get 100+ fps in the FFA arena's and their inevitable drone/wreck spam and a solid 140+ fps when it's quiet
    My rig is running a single 8800gt 512mb card.

CCP is always optimizing something.

They're like little nerdy scientists saying "We need to make it faster, stronger"

the guys wont be happy until 5 million ships could be fighting in a epic war in one system all using full graphics while running ten clients on the same PC.

gotta love CCP.

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

...until they hear that some customers run 20 clients on a single system.  Then it's back to work! 

• WheezalWheezal Member UncommonPosts: 249

i need to take some of my vacation time to even start enjoying all the gooey-goodness of the next release.  great post TC.

MMO Name: InVictus Kell
    Currently Playing:
    EVE Online