Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Caldari Overview

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

EVE Online correspondent Andrew Wallace provides an examination of the Caldari State, its politics, the mindset of its people, and the might of their military doctrine.

Caldari Overview:

The Caldari State is the mighty economic superpower of New Eden. They have a history of conflict with the Gallente Federation, of which they were once part, and after being driven out, due to their cultural differences, fought each other into a bloody stalemate before eventually settling on a peaceful conclusion. All of the power in the State belongs to a coalition of mega corporations that control everything, from science and industry to the military. Tibus Heth (affectionately dubbed "Space Hitler" by one of my corpmates) is the current ruler or, more appropriately, dictator of the Caldari State. Heth's fiercely patriotic, and anti-Gallente stance became utterly clear during the release of the Empyrean Age expansion, when he was able to take control of the State, after the death of former leader Otro Gariushi, and motivate the Caldari people into a military strike against the Gallente to reclaim their former home planet, Caldari Prime. As we approach the release of Apocrypha, the planet is still firmly under the control of the Caldari, and relations with the Gallente are strained, to say the least.

Screenshot

Read the EVE Online Caldari Overview

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Minmatar > Caldari

its true

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

While I do find Minmatar ships to be the most fun to fly (I use them almost exclusively in pvp) I must say that Caldari have both the most interesting background and best looking ships.

There is a reason that Caldai is and was the most popular starting race even before Achuras came into the picture.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

Except for a few notable exception the vast majority of the ships have anemic dps.

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119

If you are a good PVP'er in EVE you know speed > *

Minmatar, although ugly looking most of the time, are by far the fastest ships, and they pack the biggest punch in burst.

Granted I've been out of the game for a while, but I doubt that has changed much. 1400mm II's? :D

• DanagDanag Member UncommonPosts: 67

As a 3yr old Caldari myself, I'm one who almost exclusively pilots a Caldari Nighthawk, I will admit that I am sorely gimped in the DPS area, especially against the amazing gun-boats you can build from the other races.

However, while residing in 0.0, on numerous occasions I've held my own against small gangs of frigs, HACs, and BSs, and only ever lost one NH to an 8-man roaming gang of HACs, NANOs, a BS, and countless drones. It was an excellent pew-pew session, which earned me much kudos on my ability to last as long as I did from the aggressors as well as the corp-member I was trying to assist, and fellow alliance members that heard about it later that night.

That being said, I fly it 'cuz I like it. :)

And once I find another 0.0 alliance to join ranks with the Nighthawk will be one of the first ships I fly down to whatever area of space they reside in. If I lose another one, so be it. Pricey? Yes. But oh well. What fun is it if you don't use it, right? :)

Us missile-tossers, as I like to refer to myself and my fellow Caldarians, have always been under powered in the DPS area. Oh well, maybe we'll get some DPS love from the Devs one day, who knows, ;)

-
    Danag

• nlunnlun Member UncommonPosts: 7

Caldari,  the missiles using, long range fitted, with passive shield, that do missions afk  with f.o.f?

I fligh only, harder hitting, more dps output having, Gallente ships.

You can't go afk when fligh a gallente ship, be awake to stay alive.

Sleep well Caldari 'friends' we (Gallente) take that planet.

• Ketel_BinkieKetel_Binkie Member Posts: 1

@nlun, keep on dreaming :)

No way you get that planet back.

See ya ingame :)

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I got a shiny cerberus/falcon/hawk/harpy/nighthawk that wants to meet you nlun. You apparently know nothing about Caldari. Passive shield tanking done right is beastly. One thing you forgot about Caldari nlun. We use rockets as well, we are not confined to long range my naive friend. Keep thinking what you posted, and you are gonna be surprised when a Caldari pilot pops you from 1km. K Thanx, Bye.

• DanagDanag Member UncommonPosts: 67

Yup, people forget about Rockets and Heavy Assault Missiles. You say Caldari and most folks assume we're sitting out 75km, 100km, 150km away from the battle. I've been working on HAM setups on my Nighthawk recently, and it's pretty intense the ROF you get on those things. :)

-
    Danag