Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know FunCom is doing well when the CEO buys 1 Mill worth of stocks.

OK, the title says it all. The CEO of FunCom, Trond Arne Aas, bought 250 000 FC stocks before Oslo stock exchange closed today. This spells out very loud and clear for all skeptics that FunCom is doing very well.

www.newsweb.no/newsweb/search.do

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

LOL, were not Hyping here are we.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SpyridonZSpyridonZ Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by TurboTurmoil

OK, the title says it all. The CEO of FunCom, Trond Arne Aas, bought 250 000 FC stocks before Oslo stock exchange closed today. This spells out very loud and clear for all skeptics that FunCom is doing very well.

Seems he is taking advantage of the lows in a prediction that their stocks are going to go up.

He's probably looking at the sub numbers going up in the last couple months due to all the players heading back wondering how things have changed.

Good to see they are most likely planning on continuing support though. I hope they keep pumping out patches and take advantage of the potential the game has.

• eiraeneiraen Member Posts: 14

He just bought out stock options, which he gets at  a discount.....

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

Hmm Gee now I wonder if the OP was recently banned at all. I imagine it wont take long before you post count is back at 0 with another new name!

And erm, doesnt it actually look terrible? That everyone has abandoned FC stock so hard that they scooped it all up again. Hang that looks much like a long con theyve played.

Anyway go troll some other site lol

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Interesting find. Since I am NOT a money guy, I did not really know what this means...so decided to read up on this.

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewarticle/articleid/3043989

"Clearly, it would be a favorable sign if insiders were actively buying their companies' stocks right now,"

And this article

http://seekingalpha.com/article/116528-compton-petroleum-ceo-buys-company-stock-positive-but-typical

"It never hurts to see senior management at a company you’ve invested in buy stock. Hopefully, they aren’t doing it simply because of a depressed valuation but it is a vote of confidence either way."

Looks like he feels very confident in something...maybe the Russian/Polish installations? Hard to say.

May be typical, but is a good sign, especially in today's market climate.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

id buy as much stock as i could to right before i released AO's graphics revamp. Lets hope that comes out.

• SpyridonZSpyridonZ Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by warty

Hmm Gee now I wonder if the OP was recently banned at all. I imagine it wont take long before you post count is back at 0 with another new name!
    And erm, doesnt it actually look terrible? That everyone has abandoned FC stock so hard that they scooped it all up again. Hang that looks much like a long con theyve played.

How is HE trolling? Look at your post and can you say that YOUR not trolling? lol

Besides, if Funcom was doing as bad as you would like to make it seem, there would be NO WAY he would be purchasing the stocks again. That would basically be like throwing away his own money. He obviously has some sort of reports indicating that the stocks are going to be increasing or else he would not be taking such a huge risk.

If the "ship was sinking" he would be "abandoning the stocks" as well, not purchasing more.

• TurboTurmoilTurboTurmoil Member Posts: 3

This is news you need to know. There are 4 different threads going on various financial discussions that most people do not know that much about. Well, I just found this pice of news and I shared it. The news is as I say in the title "The CEO just bought 1 Mill worth of stocks".  I don't know, I am no financial genious here, but when the guy in charge put that much money out of his own pocket into something, he has got to belive in it. Looks all good that the insiders belive in AoC. I do to. Have seen tons of resubs lately.

• rturjarturja Member Posts: 199

So they bought Sandnes out of the compaby and due the amount of the shares wanted to avoid hostile takeover attempt or similar - or make impact of stock going even lower by putting 250k shares on the free market?

Playing: AC2
    Played: UO, DaoC, Horizons, Ryzom, WAR, LotRO, Eve, VG...

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

This is news you need to know. There are 4 different threads going on various financial discussions that most people do not know that much about. Well, I just found this pice of news and I shared it. The news is as I say in the title "The CEO just bought 1 Mill worth of stocks".  I don't know, I am no financial genious here, but when the guy in charge put that much money out of his own pocket into something, he has got to belive in it. Looks all good that the insiders belive in AoC. I do to. Have seen tons of resubs lately.

You made it to two posts without getting banned, cute

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

So basicly the CEO of Funcom has been doing his best to keep the Stocks from plummiting on the day of 4th quarter report? 

This is a desperate move to try to build hope - so that the company will not start with stocks worth less than 1 NKR tomorrow morning. 

This discussion has been closed.