Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Hutt Homeworld Screenshots

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Today we present five new screenshots depicting the world of Hutta, the homeworld of the Hutts, in Star Wars: The old Republic.

Screenshot

See more of the Hutt Homeworld in Star Wars: the Old Republic.

Comments

• Reno0513Reno0513 Member Posts: 47

Not bad. We'll see how it all comes together.

If the graphics are as good as SWG were, the character progression is skill based instead of pigeon-holed classes, and there aren't hundreds of Jedi running around everywhere I'll probably play.

Reno

• AshenHandAshenHand Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Reno0513

If the graphics are as good as SWG were, the character progression is skill based instead of pigeon-holed classes, and there aren't hundreds of Jedi running around everywhere I'll probably play.
    Reno

I guess you won't be playing then, = /

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by AshenHand

Reno

And neither will I.

-=sigh=-

So much for the game we all used to dream about. We ask for a sports car, and they give us a pink V W bug.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

lol it's the Old Republic era. I imagine you'll see just as many Bounty Hunters and Smugglers as you will Jedi since there are a lot of people who seem to want to play other classes besides Jedi. I know I will.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MangoXIIMangoXII Member Posts: 203

WoW in space. Woot.

• AtriousAtrious Member Posts: 49

Oh for gods sake people..... This game is being developed by Bioware, in the name sake of KOTOR... so go play KOTOR and you'll get a feel for what they are going to do.

Sony is no where near this project.. let go of the past whats done is done for SWG, theres no going back, Unless you use the emulater.

You'll see some form of classes but given KOTOR as a series 1 and 2, there is a limited skill based leveling system although it does use levels you select wich skills you level up when you level up.

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by AshenHand

Reno

And neither will I.

-=sigh=-

So much for the game we all used to dream about. We ask for a sports car, and they give us a pink V W bug.

Cya then

• TowlieFTWTowlieFTW Member Posts: 69

LOL at all the butthurt SWG fanbois who are wanting v2.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Looks great. Looking forward to more SW:TOR goodness :)

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Atrious

Oh for gods sake people..... This game is being developed by Bioware, in the name sake of KOTOR... so go play KOTOR and you'll get a feel for what they are going to do.
    Sony is no where near this project.. let go of the past whats done is done for SWG, theres no going back, Unless you use the emulater.
    You'll see some form of classes but given KOTOR as a series 1 and 2, there is a limited skill based leveling system although it does use levels you select wich skills you level up when you level up.

The problem with your theory is, this is an MMORPG, not an RPG.  KOTOR works because YOU are a jedi, and most of the rest of the game's characters are NOT.  Having an MMO full of jedi isn't going to be very fun.  Hopefully they will have enough effort put into some other classes that it won't be a huge problem. The game looks like SWTORWoW so far, so it probably won't matter to me.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

The problem with your theory is, this is an MMORPG, not an RPG.  KOTOR works because YOU are a jedi, and most of the rest of the game's characters are NOT.  Having an MMO full of jedi isn't going to be very fun.  Hopefully they will have enough effort put into some other classes that it won't be a huge problem. The game looks like SWTORWoW so far, so it probably won't matter to me.

sounds to me like its only not going to be fun for you. i could give a shit if every single person that plays this game is a jedi. fun is what you make it. if you dont want to play it, do everyone a favor and dont.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by lornj

sounds to me like its only not going to be fun for you. i could give a shit if every single person that plays this game is a jedi. fun is what you make it. if you dont want to play it, do everyone a favor and dont.

Could this be because you are a selfish person, and you only care about features that cater to your needs?  Nah.. couldn't be that ....

Seriously, one of the biggest complaints you see over and over again about MMORPG games is that people don't feel individual enough, and that player customization is weak.  And that is in games with 5+ balanced classes.  They better have a nice and diverse class system in this game if it's going to avoid boring everyone (but you) to death.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131

Currently i dont like the "Story based gameplay" - i sounds to me more like a "play on rails an let the game entertain you"^2 like in WAR or WoW.

A nice story is important, but it seems to me that i will have more of a MMORPG-Movie than a game. In a MMORPG is no space for THE CHOSEN ONE - imagine LotR and 200 hobbits in a struggle for the BURDEN to carry the ring.

You cant make a Single-MMORPG - the Tortarge Part of AoC was a nice way to solve the Problem.

I hope they will succeed an produce a great MMORPG and no MSORPG, because i love the Old Republic era and the earlier timeframes. That was a time where Sith and Jedi shown the real power of the force ... and not that sissy style of Luke and his autodidacts

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Originally posted by lornj

Could this be because you are a selfish person, and you only care about features that cater to your needs?  Nah.. couldn't be that ....

Seriously, one of the biggest complaints you see over and over again about MMORPG games is that people don't feel individual enough, and that player customization is weak.  And that is in games with 5+ balanced classes.  They better have a nice and diverse class system in this game if it's going to avoid boring everyone (but you) to death.

I can see what you are getting at. Its hard to accomplish this sort of individuality in a class based game. Classes will often start of very diverse and overtime they start melding aspects of each class into others.

What would be nice is if most MMOs would stop with the hard classes and move toward a more skill based system, something like a soft class where you could refine every aspect of your class so you are not a clone of every other player thats playing that class. Something along the lines of Anarchy Onlines system where every level gave you some base stat increases and the rest in spendable skill points to pick and choose what skills and abilities you wanted. Sure you would be a class such as a Fixer, but you might not have the same skills as the other Fixer in the group or the ability to use the same Nanos (spells) as they can.

That or move to a fully classless/skillbased system.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Why does every texture have  a shine to it?

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

Same reason post-NGE SWG has so many particle effects. The game has to have TEH SHINY!!!!

It has to be glittery, and pretty, and be encrusted in e-bling to attract the kiddies! They have to be promised REAL ULTIMATE POWER!!! They must be THE chosen one uber jedi / sith, and the whole game must be about them!!!

They have to be able to instantly teleport anywhere in the world, so they don't have to waste their precious time traveling or waiting one single second!! Every moment must be action packed combat with lots of shiny and uber!!! Every loot drop must be PURPLE and EPIC OMGZ!!!!

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I could already tell this game is going to be a quality product.

Bioware is an amazing Developer, these guys won't let us down.

Just read the info they have given you so far, know this wont be a sandbox, know this will be a story rich mostly pve experience and you will be happy when it releases.

I love the graphics btw, I'm getting a little tired of the plastic character models in other mmos tbh.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• SuperwasbeerSuperwasbeer Member Posts: 85

Nice, I especially liked the 4th picture (a mount?) I just hope they won't follow WoW too much

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

How does this companion thing work? will you have npc mercs running around for you to control?

Sorry i admit to not having looked into it too much yet. But starting today :)

• rp2006rp2006 Member Posts: 84

This will be an amazing game, its made by Bioware, and they dont make bad games!

Baldur gate, Neverwinter Nights, Kotor, Jade Empire, Mass Effect... Just pick one and enjoy.

And they have Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 comming

This is the right developer team with a great franchise, I cant wait to play it.

GO BioWare

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by Abrahmm

Same reason post-NGE SWG has so many particle effects. The game has to have TEH SHINY!!!!

It has to be glittery, and pretty, and be encrusted in e-bling to attract the kiddies! They have to be promised REAL ULTIMATE POWER!!! They must be THE chosen one uber jedi / sith, and the whole game must be about them!!!

They have to be able to instantly teleport anywhere in the world, so they don't have to waste their precious time traveling or waiting one single second!! Every moment must be action packed combat with lots of shiny and uber!!! Every loot drop must be PURPLE and EPIC OMGZ!!!!

Lol, harsh but kinda true...

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

Reno

lol good as swgs graphics? swgs graphics fucking sucked badly the worsed among many mmos tbh and its going to be lvl and not a sandbox and no its not swg and its kotor where jedis are everywhere go read a bit before posting you fail kthxbye

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Jedi sell, end of story.

This will be a rich, story driven MMO, with a linear hand-held progression throughout, anything else just wouldn't be BioWare.

• Reno0513Reno0513 Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by Raizeen
    Originally posted by Reno0513 Not bad. We'll see how it all comes together.
    Reno

lol good as swgs graphics? swgs graphics fucking sucked badly the worsed among many mmos tbh and its going to be lvl and not a sandbox and no its not swg and its kotor where jedis are everywhere go read a bit before posting you fail kthxbye

ROFL. I can't help but laugh at someone who can't spell, uses no punctuation or capital letters essentially proving themselves only marginally literate telling anyone to "read a bit", or that they "fail". Hahaha Sorry... perhaps you only speak l33t. Let me translate for you. "pwned!" There ya go.

Now to speak to someone INTELLIGENT...

Originally posted by fyerwall
    I can see what you are getting at. Its hard to accomplish this sort of individuality in a class based game. Classes will often start of very diverse and overtime they start melding aspects of each class into others.
    What would be nice is if most MMOs would stop with the hard classes and move toward a more skill based system, something like a soft class where you could refine every aspect of your class so you are not a clone of every other player thats playing that class. Something along the lines of Anarchy Onlines system where every level gave you some base stat increases and the rest in spendable skill points to pick and choose what skills and abilities you wanted. Sure you would be a class such as a Fixer, but you might not have the same skills as the other Fixer in the group or the ability to use the same Nanos (spells) as they can.
    That or move to a fully classless/skillbased system.

What I would like to see is perhaps a combination of the two, and I don't mean just specifically in this game but in general for MMORPGs. Why couldn't you have a skill based system, but if you worked within a "class", essentially a profession of sorts, you would get bonuses to certain skills that fall within that class? Or perhaps you would level those skills faster because you are following a certain path.

For example, say a game calls for a detective character. It would have a bonus of some kind to the pistol skill, perhaps driving, search and interrogation. But they would have to progress normally at fighting fires, pilot, or using a bazooka. A soldier character would have bonuses to military weapons, perhaps demolitions, and other skills pertaining to warfare, but would progress normally at furniture building, electronics, or landscaping.

In other words, give people an incentive to follow a class or profession but give them the leeway to progress in the skills they want if they so choose.

What I liked about SWG's skill system (and the main reason I liked the game) was that the professions didn't determine what skills you had. Your skills, and skills' levels, determined what class you could become. It was more realistic and far more liberating.

Bioware has created some really well done games. I'm still optimistic that this one will be entertaining and function well. But I don't think this will be "THE game" for me. Should be fun though. Always looking forward to seeing more of it.

Thanks for the screenshots.

Reno

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

For people whining there's going to be Jedis everywhere. How big of a Star Wars fan are you if you are blissfully unaware that Jedis WERE everywhere at the time this game will take place? Hmmm? And for the millionth time someone has posted this information, Jedis will NOT be uber, all classes will be balanced in that regard.

Anyway great screens!! Really love the bar scene one.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)