Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pedophile Used World of Warcraft to Meet Underage Girl

Comments

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

a good reason for kids to have their own servers, and over 18s theirs.

• mrprogguymrprogguy Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by spades07

I can think of a lot of other reasons, too, and not just for WoW.

Arguing with me will not make you right.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

So what, he got some.  Let the father kick his ass and be done with it.  The authorities should stay out of it.  Not like it wasn't consentual.

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

Hey, if there is grass on the field, play ball.

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)

Originally posted by SXRchosen1

Hey, if there is grass on the field, play ball.

Balls

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716
    Originally posted by theratmonkey

Originally posted by kuiper50

Originally posted by Locklain

Originally posted by Pheace

Certainly confusingly told.

"He met a 14 year old girl over the internet" Which would seem to imply she was 14 when he met her.
    Yet he drove up to her in March 2008.

So perhaps it was 3 years + since they met or so and she's 17?

Ah well, guess it makes more sense if she's 14, otherwise he should have been smart and waited another year -_-

I assume the legal age in the US is 18?

You are correct sir, though a very fallible system I don't foresee them changing it anytime soon.  I know a fellow in my hometown that was dating a 16 year old girl when he was 18.  The parents didn't like him, turned him in, he sat in jail for a few years, is now a registered sex offender, and now married the girl anyway.

Lol,

Its not a very hard law to understand. As for it being a fallible system every system is....your home town buddy should have been registered as a sex offender because ....HE WAS. He broke the law, whether he felt he had a good reason to or not.

I have four daughters. Part of my job as a father to them is to help guide them in their relationship decisions. You better believe I would have anyone that had sex with them underage put away and registered as a sex offender. I could give a rats if it was some dumb kid barely 18 and somehow the two of them thought they were in love.

If they were in love they could always wait. But i know that's just to much to ask.

Its as easy as another poster put it.....dont eff a 17 year old.

So, you wouldn't just...you know...meet the guy?

I don't understand parents like that. They were once teenagers at one point, why can't you understand that even without your consent, they are going to have sex, even as young as 14.

I'm not all for kids having sex with people older than them, but I think common sense should play a factor.

And the fact that you would willingly ruin a kids life just because they have had sex, even if it were what? a 2-3 year age gap? makes you look like a major asshole.

Because getting put on the sex offenders list can pretty much turn you into a leper.

I wouldn't do that to any kid, not for such a petty reason.

theratmonkey i totally agree with you. i remember is was dating this one girl who was 18 and i was 17 and we were doing. such a small age difference like that should not make a difference. shes 17 i mean come on she should be able to make most of her decisions and is about to be a legal adult, i mean i could understand if the guy was alot older but if hes 18 and shes 17 there is usually no reason to press charges unless he was raping her. pretty ridiculous that you cant give your 17 year old daughter a chance to be a grown up since she will be one in a year of less according to the law

Originally posted by xbellx777

I don't understand parents like that. They were once teenagers at one point, why can't you understand that even without your consent, they are going to have sex, even as young as 14.
    I'm not all for kids having sex with people older than them, but I think common sense should play a factor.
    And the fact that you would willingly ruin a kids life just because they have had sex, even if it were what? a 2-3 year age gap? makes you look like a major asshole.

Because getting put on the sex offenders list can pretty much turn you into a leper.

theratmonkey i totally agree with you. i remember is was dating this one girl who was 18 and i was 17 and we were doing. such a small age difference like that should not make a difference. shes 17 i mean come on she should be able to make most of her decisions and is about to be a legal adult, i mean i could understand if the guy was alot older but if hes 18 and shes 17 there is usually no reason to press charges unless he was raping her. pretty ridiculous that you cant give your 17 year old daughter a chance to be a grown up since she will be one in a year of less according to the law

The whole thing is stupid.  I mean if the girl was wearing diapers or playing with little poneys then shackle the man and tweezer his nuts.  But damn if it's a 14 year-old who likely has a venus figure and a 70's bush then at least don't call the guy a pedophile.  It's ridiculas.  There's a big difference between the kiddie stalker and someone who's attraced to someone two or three years past puberty. 

Now if I were her dad I would totally pummel him.  And you know what the authorities would do.  Put the dad in jail for assualt and the kid in for pedophilia.   It's all about taking as many people to jail as possible with no regard for personal rights or taking care of your own.

And here's where the faultiness in logic is going to end up if allowed to persist: "OMG, KILL WoW! Perverts are getting at our children!!!!"

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

That sucks for the dude. 

I can understand how it breaks a law, but come on, the girl is 17 and sounds like a willing participant in the sexcapade.  And 17 is the age where most girls are seniors in high school, where sex isn't as drama ridden and scandalous as it once was, but actually turning into something of the norm.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

i do think there is a need for 18+ servers in wow . i dont know how they d  impliment them but it would cover blizzard legally . on a most basic level warcraft has chatroom elements and i doubt anyone running  a chatroom these days would encourage under 18s and over 18s to mix in same place .

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by greymann

Originally posted by xbellx777

The whole thing is stupid.  I mean if the girl was wearing diapers or playing with little poneys then shackle the man and tweezer his nuts.  But damn if it's a 14 year-old who likely has a venus figure and a 70's bush then at least don't call the guy a pedophile.  It's ridiculas.  There's a big difference between the kiddie stalker and someone who's attraced to someone two or three years past puberty. 

Now if I were her dad I would totally pummel him.  And you know what the authorities would do.  Put the dad in jail for assualt and the kid in for pedophilia.   It's all about taking as many people to jail as possible with no regard for personal rights or taking care of your own.

And here's where the faultiness in logic is going to end up if allowed to persist: "OMG, KILL WoW! Perverts are getting at our children!!!!"

Touche!

Like a girl that is 17 is gonna sunddently change her maturity the second she turns 18, overprotective parenting and bad guidance is in place I think, if you educated your daugther properly and she still decides to have have sex at the age of 17 with her 18 year old boyfriend then its really her choice at that point and being 17 or 18 is not gonna change anything, if you fear for your daugther so much that she is gonna go out with some random douche and have sex that you need to be on the lookout to make sure he is in jail and in the sex offenders register then you have not educated your daugther properly to start with.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by FarScape

He must have played a rogue.... those rogue are sneaky!!!

And those rogues always do it from behind! 

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

"He met a 14 year old girl over the internet" Which would seem to imply she was 14 when he met her.

Ah well, guess it makes more sense if she's 14, otherwise he should have been smart and waited another year -_-

You are correct sir, though a very fallible system I don't foresee them changing it anytime soon.  I know a fellow in my hometown that was dating a 16 year old girl when he was 18.  The parents didn't like him, turned him in, he sat in jail for a few years, is now a registered sex offender, and now married the girl anyway.

Lol,

Its not a very hard law to understand. As for it being a fallible system every system is....your home town buddy should have been registered as a sex offender because ....HE WAS. He broke the law, whether he felt he had a good reason to or not.

I have four daughters. Part of my job as a father to them is to help guide them in their relationship decisions. You better believe I would have anyone that had sex with them underage put away and registered as a sex offender. I could give a rats if it was some dumb kid barely 18 and somehow the two of them thought they were in love.

If they were in love they could always wait. But i know that's just to much to ask.

And if one of your daugthers was barely 18 and in this situation, you'd report and send her to jail?

Daddy pwns you cuz he cares!

• amunn1amunn1 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by spades07

Are you serious? You think this would be done with any integrity by those sickos?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by MyPreciousss

Lol,

And if one of your daugthers was barely 18 and in this situation, you'd report and send her to jail?

Ofc not this is the typical attitude its good to quote the law as an excuse when its on our side, im guessing his answer would probably be something along those lines "the 17 year old boy made her have sex!".

This reminds me of the women who sued Mcdonald's after getting her lips burned on the coffee claiming they did not say the coffee was hot. Its like they say common sense is not so common.

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581

18 is not the "legal" age in the USA. It differs from State to State. Here in New York the legal age of consent is 17.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by rav3n2

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

Lol,

Ofc not this is the typical attitude its good to quote the law as an excuse when its on our side, im guessing his answer would probably be something along those lines "the 17 year old boy made her have sex!".

This reminds me of the women who sued Mcdonald's after getting her lips burned on the coffee claiming they did not say the coffee was hot. Its like they say common sense is not so common.

Or he'll just go like judge Dredd "I AM THE LAW!", and report her to retrieve her purple gear? Eh tough daddy, don't forget to ask her password first

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

I havnt read the thread but i suppose its somehow blizzards fault for not having a check box to ask if you are a pedo and blocking account creation based on that. oh wait thats like the time i ordered a laptop from the USA and the site asked me if i intended to use it for terorist purposes.

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• ToddrulesToddrules Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 19

I had read about this somewhere else, the met online when she was 10 and he was 20 but at that time she told him she was 14, so they met in person and had sex when she was 14 and he was 24.... but he thought she was 18 b/c that is what she had told him.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319
    Originally posted by Toddrules

I had read about this somewhere else, the met online when she was 10 and he was 20 but at that time she told him she was 14, so they met in person and had sex when she was 14 and he was 24.... but he thought she was 18 b/c that is what she had told him.

*using meme* That whats he say *using meme*

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by minocin
    Originally posted by Souvec
    Originally posted by theratmonkey I hate how the laws here can be fucked so hard. There have been cases where 18 year olds have been charged and registered as sex offenders by either dating or having sex with a partner that was 17. More than likely caught by the parents and charged.
    I understand the need to keep your kids safe, but do some of these people realize what being put on the sex offenders list does to someone?
    As for the article, it doesn't really shock me. This has been going on since the internet was around, and it was only a matter of time before someone used an MMO for it.

Don't fuck a 17 year old.
    /end story

its legal in the UK.

Okay, I'm moving. Where's a nice town?

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461
    Originally posted by Leodious

I hate how the laws here can be fucked so hard. There have been cases where 18 year olds have been charged and registered as sex offenders by either dating or having sex with a partner that was 17. More than likely caught by the parents and charged.

I understand the need to keep your kids safe, but do some of these people realize what being put on the sex offenders list does to someone?

As for the article, it doesn't really shock me. This has been going on since the internet was around, and it was only a matter of time before someone used an MMO for it.

/end story

its legal in the UK.

margate, clifftonville or milwall are my suggestions for lovely palcesto live in the UK. Actually well id scrub the lovely, replace it with sex fuelled.

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Originally posted by Leodious

I hate how the laws here can be fucked so hard. There have been cases where 18 year olds have been charged and registered as sex offenders by either dating or having sex with a partner that was 17. More than likely caught by the parents and charged.

/end story

its legal in the UK.

There's states in the US that age of consent is 16, just saying.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• xxpeddyxxxxpeddyxx Member Posts: 52

The legal age in most parts of Brazil is 14, and every other part is 16.

• MackerniMackerni Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by UserNoName

He'd of had way more luck using Hello Kitty Online.

tsk tsk Silly Pedos making it hard for themselves.

1. Helly Kitty Online is not out yet.

2. If it was, they'll be Hello Kitty Coppers to moderate that sort of thing from happening.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

legal age is 16 down here in Aus, seems to work pretty well.

as for the story, thats not only sad but distrubing too.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads