Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Darkfall Interview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Recently, MMORPG.com's Jon Wood had the opportunity to ask a few questions of Aventurine's Tasos Flambouras about their upcoming MMORPG, Darkfall Online.

MMORPG.com:

There had been some speculation that there are plans to push the launch date further back than the originally announced 25th date. Can you tell us if there is any truth to this?

Tasos:

Consistent with the usual speculation sources, there’s no truth to this.

Read the Darkfall Interview

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

rofl...here you go guys

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Grabs some and brings; 

.Soda

Now deliever!! :) 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

:) Woot!!!

Isaiah 41:10
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

"We will lift it in time for people to get enough feedback to make an informed decision. We would rather not say when that is exactly"

Sure like to know what he considers enough time when only 12 days remain until release.  I personally really don't care when they release the NDA, but I most certainly would like to get a review by someone that has credentials and can provide an unbiased opinion of their experience in the game.

As to preordering, you almost have to wonder with Aventurine's past record, how anyone could be so stupid to give them money in advance.  Yet I know there are legions of the faithful that will do so.  Almost gives me the urge to get my bridge for sale sign out for all the lemmings.

I wish Aventurine and Darkfall the best, hope they can achieve success, but I would not get your hopes up too high for this game, it is going to have a lot of rough edges for a while.  You are basically going to be playing a game in that is still in late Alpha or early Beta stages.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I'm patiently waiting for this game but even I'm not crazy enough to send them preorder cash.  Especially if the only benefit we've been told is an early download.

If it does come out the entire first month will be a mess; there isn't a doubt in my mind.  This game just draws that crowd.  Hopefully afterwards it will find a decent equilibrium and all will be well.

I'm certainly done putting faith into them.  If it comes out: good.  If it doesn't then I won't be out anything.  I'm not some butthurt guy who has been watching this game for the last decade being under the impression that Adventurine even owes me screenshot.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

"MMORPG.com:

There had been some speculation that there are plans to push the launch date further back than the originally announced 25th date. Can you tell us if there is any truth to this?

Tasos:

Consistent with the usual speculation sources, there's no truth to this."

Lol. 1/22/09 anyone? I saw a fair number of people predicting it'd be pushed back, and it was. Maybe Tasos just has a shitty translator (or does he speak English?)

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Are they saying fans of the game have no reasons to be sceptical about any release date announcement ?  LMAO, i'm 99.9999% sure they will announce a new delay, they will NOT release this game on the 25th.

My favorite parts:

Question 1s answer, an update over 3 weeks ago is keeping your player base informed? hehehe.....now thats funny.

Question 4: So no more AudioVisual? Preorder is d/l only....so umm..12 days left, and if you are keeping the 25th as your launch date (as per question 3) when do you plan on actually releasing this info/preorder/dl?

Question 5: No more player housing huh? well i guess the HARDCORE will love that.....whats an ARAC guild?

Question 6: NDA still not going to be lifted, groovy....12 days to go!

• soltysplsoltyspl Member UncommonPosts: 58

I can see "consolidate" is a new synonym for "dropped feature".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DStuff

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

Id like to know if 50% or 75% of the features listed on the site will be cut out?

SNIP

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Looks like they're going to go forward in some fashion (probably limited to one world of 10K for starters) and see how it goes.

Still makes me think they need revenue, or need to launch to convince investors they are for real and worth pouring more money into to.

Good luck with the launch, they'll need it I think .

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Good to see none of his arrogance has been diminished from failed claims or outright lies he has been caught telling.

I hope DF does well despite how badly Tasos has performed at his job. I can only wonder how different the DF community would be without his cultivation of caustic militant followers.

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Tasos: "There will be a limited number of pre-order copies of Darkfall offered, and a limited number of copies available at launch."

Are they planning to tell folks how many this may be?

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

"We will lift it in time for people to get enough feedback to make an informed decision. We would rather not say when that is exactly"
    Sure like to know what he considers enough time when only 12 days remain until release.  I personally really don't care when they release the NDA, but I most certainly would like to get a review by someone that has credentials and can provide an unbiased opinion of their experience in the game.
    As to preordering, you almost have to wonder with Aventurine's past record, how anyone could be so stupid to give them money in advance.  Yet I know there are legions of the faithful that will do so.  Almost gives me the urge to get my bridge for sale sign out for all the lemmings.
    I wish Aventurine and Darkfall the best, hope they can achieve success, but I would not get your hopes up too high for this game, it is going to have a lot of rough edges for a while.  You are basically going to be playing a game in that is still in late Alpha or early Beta stages.

he said we arent pre buying just reservimg

Originally posted by downtoearth

Originally posted by Ozmodan

he said we arent pre buying just reservimg

reserving through purchasing is preordering, it just isn't preorder WITH early access.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

That interview is probably being circulated around Washington DC as an example on how to be questioned and not say a thing.

If Darkfall fails he could go into politics.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Looks like they're going to go forward in some fashion (probably limited to one world of 10K for starters) and see how it goes.
    Still makes me think they need revenue, or need to launch to convince investors they are for real and worth pouring more money into to.
    Good luck with the launch, they'll need it I think .

With the development cost only having been 10 million, they wont need large amount of subscribers to get their money back in acceptable timeframe.

They are just a company of "garage devs"  trying to get their slice of the pie from the big boys table.

but then again....CCP started eve online from pretty much same setting as aventurine started DF.

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

ARAC= All races all characters?

Just wondering, cuz I thought I heard that term in Shadowbane when I played it a few years ago.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

I'm looking forward to DF; hope it does well.

I wouldn't mind preordering, but I'd need to hear how N.A. players are faring.   I'm getting to bored to wait for a chance at N.A. servers, and I got a feeling the EU server is going to fill quick.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

hehe...

What a mess this looks like it's about to become and in just "12 days".  I wish em' luck.  I think they're  gonna need it.

meh, one way or the other it's going to be highly entertaining!

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300
    Originally posted by kb4blu

That interview is probably being circulated around Washington DC as an example on how to be questioned and not say a thing.

Seriously. Does he even really answer any of the questions he's asked?

I'd like to see a game like Darkfall do well just because there's plenty of room in the MMO genre for a game like it, but interviews like this one prove Aventurine really aren't up to the task at hand. He really didn't say anything at all, and people are supposed to believe the game is launching in 12 days? Yeah, right.

• burmz0rzburmz0rz Member Posts: 9

I am pretty excited about the release of this game. I hope it does well and has MAD people

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

A netwide gaming clan of mine is in the beta, well a handfull of them.

They say the beta server is down most of the time so anyone that has a job or that can't sit at their computer 24/7 can not even test the game.

Kinda reminds me of the Gods and Hero's beta.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Originally posted by burmz0rz

I am pretty excited about the release of this game. I hope it does well and has MAD people

No worries there, everyone following the game should be "mad" by now.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052

Darkfall is ready, so you naysayers better hold onto your panties because it's going to blow your mind.