Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion released Q4 2009??

legend_herolegend_hero Member Posts: 11

www.aionsource.com/forum/graveyard/11305-ncsoft-revised-overseas-roll-out-plan-aion.html

Apparently if this is true, then Aion won't be released until Q4 2009. I most likely won't play if it is... I might lose interest in the game... as I already am starting too. Let's hope it's not true and we get Aion by April/May...

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

All of it is simply speculation, no release date has been announced yet.

It's really hard to say what the release date is as NCsoft is being very hush hush about it. It's hard to believe it actually takes a full year to localize a game that has been already planned for the US/EU when it was still in development,

• magicradamagicrada Member UncommonPosts: 25

Translating korean to correct Uk english and American english can take a while, plus reorganisation of Nc west (customer service, billing etc).  if it does take any longer,some of the pple that are waiting,will indeed loose interest and move on to something else. I just hope that  they ditch out some more news, so pple are not left in the dark about what's actually going on.

• RhadocRhadoc Member Posts: 40

they are gonna loose alot of players to starwars and the other games coming out later this year if they dont release around may... they are still gonna loose some but not as many i think.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

"I'm not gonna play dis game if it doezn' com out noa!"

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But then come 2010 you've played all the other ones you're bored you rediscover Aion and post in the forums:

"I dun no whies I wazn't playing b4, lolzzzz!111"

>.>

What makes you think TOR is coming out this year? It probably won't. Patience. All in good time and that counts for any game. If you can't wait go ahead and play something else, if you honestly think that this will affect Aion in any way, please, if the game is solid and fun people will buy it and start playing no matter how many new games they've just bought.

Sorry for making fun, when you follow many games you notice a certain pattern over and over and over. It's both funny and aggravating.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

I never understood that "If this game doesn't release soon i'm shunning it and disregarding it from my memory for it will never get played by ME" mentality. Then again i've never agreed with the "I hate EA/Sony/Blizzard i'll never play a game by them because they hurt my feelings" crowd either.

The game will come out. And i'll play it like every other game that comes out. But i'm looking forward to this one and it can take as long as it likes to be awsome... just kinda getting ancy!

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

That thread was moved to the graveyard section for the reason. Its just speculation.

The reality of the situation is the Western release date is not linked to the JP release, CN or TW releases. NCWest is working to its own schedule which it is still on. Nothing has changed, but people insist on believing it has. Truth of the matter is there is a possibility it may have changed but we didnt have an initial release date anyways!

Theres nothing to be done/said really. Just wait for an official release date.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I guess I'm not sure how you lose interest because it takes X months for a language translation.

I mean don't take what I said the wrong way... its just that the MMO market space is pretty lackluster atm.  So beyond not wanting to wait (because it interests you).  I just don't see what exactly could make you lose interest..

Then again I have a pretty ugly view of the current MMO market.. so maybe its just me.  I might lose interest after I can buy it...  Hopefully not.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

NcSoft is not worried about releasing AIon to the NA/EU anytime soon. They will release it all to the east before they even consider launching in the NA/EU areas. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Everith

I never understood that "If this game doesn't release soon i'm shunning it and disregarding it from my memory for it will never get played by ME" mentality. Then again i've never agreed with the "I hate EA/Sony/Blizzard i'll never play a game by them because they hurt my feelings" crowd either.
    The game will come out. And i'll play it like every other game that comes out. But i'm looking forward to this one and it can take as long as it likes to be awsome... just kinda getting ancy!

THANK YOU! I've never understood that either.

When it comes out it comes out. If I play it (which I will) and like it then good. If not then I don't and do something else.

What the heck has happened to people?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

NcSoft is not worried about releasing AIon to the NA/EU anytime soon. They will release it all to the east before they even consider launching in the NA/EU areas. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it.

"Needs to go back and read post #7"

Post 7: QFT

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by Sovrath

What the heck has happened to people?

Their parents and/or caregivers forgot to teach them to wait their turn.

Me me me , now now now, that's what it's all about. 

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

i blame wow   sorry couldn't resist.

• Falcon2KFalcon2K Member Posts: 52

I can tell you, why I will loose interest in the game if the Q4 rumors are true.

Everything about the game will be known until this time. Each dungeon, boss tactic, best gear, farmspots etc, etc, etc will be lengthly described and translated by fansites.

Even if you try to avoid this informations, someone else in your party or guild will have read it. And as it is a pvp game you will have to follow that info in order to stay competitive.

No more sense of exploring, nothing to discover.

just my 2 cents

Falcon you could say this about many MMOs. Some western games if not all are first released here and then in Asia, Australia ect... Are those people having less fun?

If you want to play 'first' make sure to follow a game made in your region.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• Falcon2KFalcon2K Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Cynthe

Falcon you could say this about many MMOs. Some western games if not all are first released here and then in Asia, Australia ect... Are those people having less fun?
    If you want to play 'first' make sure to follow a game made in your region.

I have to admit that, even with language as a hurdle, it's the same for asian players. But I am sure they don't like it either and many of them will stay away from western games that are to 'old' like I will from Aion.

It's just a great part of my gaming fun that is taken away if there is nothing to find or find out about a game anymore. I'm for sure the explorer type of a player. Others, more focused on other aspects won't probably have same problems with such delays.

• PrintscreenPrintscreen Member UncommonPosts: 100

Asian players generally don't like the UGLINESS of  european/north american appearance, Vanguard for example. However if it has a "niche style" like wow, or "hello kitty" or something, its not really a bother. But to have your character look like an ugly chimp or gorilla chick doesn't fly to well...

Originally posted by Printscreen

Asian players generally don't like the UGLINESS of  european/north american appearance, Vanguard for example. However if it has a "niche style" like wow, or "hello kitty" or something, its not really a bother. But to have your character look like an ugly chimp or gorilla chick doesn't fly to well...

I share this sentiment. ;)

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• Abso_DivAbso_Div Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by magicrada

Translating korean to correct Uk english and American english can take a while, plus reorganisation of Nc west (customer service, billing etc).  if it does take any longer,some of the pple that are waiting,will indeed loose interest and move on to something else. I just hope that  they ditch out some more news, so pple are not left in the dark about what's actually going on.

NC has already demod a full English Client back before the KOR release. More than likely NC is holding on a NA/EU release to make sure they don't screw the pooch like a lot of companies have been lately.

This game has the basic ability to be a cash cow for NC, so they're workin the bugs out fast in KOR and working pretty fast for balance.

• FiresealMMOFiresealMMO Member Posts: 54

I see that this game still has no hope of releasing before the summertime. lol Everytime I come here to look at Aion, which is like every month or two, it's being pushed back by at least a few months. :P Oh well I'll still patiently wait for it. :)

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

As long as it is polished, I'll play it, whenever it does arrive.

I too am upset by a potential extra year of waiting, but whining will do me no good.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KingSmittKingSmitt Member Posts: 2

aion's ship date is may 26th 2009

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by KingSmitt

aion's ship date is may 26th 2009

. . . and you are pulling this from where?  I certainly hope not from an online store, they tend to make up their own dates until one has officially been announced.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

q4 is good for me i dont have the time for an mmo anyway

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon