Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best job for a Main Character?

Hi Guyz, I'm just a newbie of Atlantica and I just want to ask regarding on choosing the best job for your main character, It's quite hard for me to choose.  The first thing that comes in my mind is the Spearman. Do you think it's a good choice? Thanks

*** Atlantica Online***Reanemeiko*** Mycenae

('@') Oink!

Comments

• pandorasboxpandorasbox Member Posts: 11

hi Reanemeiko,, i too also an newbie.... i play atlantica online for me as the main character i choose swordsman.. because it has good defense and high health... but you can always choose what you like it depends on the mecenaries that your with... hehehe... peace!

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

Currently, Axe is the best main. Most powerfull (defense, attack, skills) and fitting into most formations.

For casual play, main does not matter that much though, so chose what sounds cool and feels good. You have 8 mercs around your 1 guy and they are just as important as you main, except they can die and it does not matter.

• Nephilim26Nephilim26 Member Posts: 118

for me its the bow thats cool they cant cast magic because of the skills silent!,  and also theres the mecs that can so support your main character . but you know we got our own taste of characters freedom of choice, because all the characters have their own capability of work... so pick the  character and play the game...

• pandorasboxpandorasbox Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Tyrrhon

Currently, Axe is the best main. Most powerfull (defense, attack, skills) and fitting into most formations.
    For casual play, main does not matter that much though, so chose what sounds cool and feels good. You have 8 mercs around your 1 guy and they are just as important as you main, except they can die and it does not matter.

your correct Tyrrhon... it does't matter what is your main is the strategy you got and how you deal with the enemy player or monsters... so for that i agree with you... good job!

• FerdscuteFerdscute Member Posts: 108

yeah.. it really depends on strategy and your mercenary build.. any main character will do, just to make sure about your tactics and how you handle your team.. also dont foeget to smap your main and mercs with growth vials to make them stronger

• AikkoAikko Member Posts: 25

I've choose a gun user. I think ranged are good as your main becasue they can deal loads of damage and hide on the second row. If your main dies the rest flee. So i like to keep him out of swords reach and having a shaman behind him is always a comfort .

• nakakaputsnakakaputs Member Posts: 6

hi there guys!!! just crashing in! well i am no noob to the game... i just tried joining the forums coz maybe i could learn more in here. will i? :D best main for me so far is Axe. love it!

• fukinenamfukinenam Member Posts: 6

i got a shaman for myself! i heard that there is this skill called evanesence scud that is really powerful., :D

• l0wrydal0wryda Member Posts: 47

Axe is by far the best overall. Like someone mentioned above, their usefulness in formations surpasses most other mains. They do great dmg, nobody bothers focusing them so you can put them in the front row no problem, and having freezing axe on your main lets you drop the viking which has crap mdef. Staff mains are pretty popular for aoe formations as well if you want to go ranged.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

I'm new too. I'm playing archer as my main. I'm a bit worried about having a squishy as my main, as when your main dies the game's up, but if he's safely in the back ranks I'm hoping I'll be okay. I suppose the choice for your main isn't as big a deal in AO as in other MMOs, in PvE anyway, as you command all the mercs too.

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

i think there was a thread like this before.. anyways... there is no best job... it all depends on your mercenary combination... and use of items.. haha

• badongXbadongX Member Posts: 5

i just saw a pic of the musician character. i want  to be one!!! T.T

i was wondering about the musician, what are its abilities and what other mercs do you combo it with...

can it be a merc or just a main character?

• ReanemeikoReanemeiko Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by impakto

i think there was a thread like this before.. anyways... there is no best job... it all depends on your mercenary combination... and use of items.. haha

Hey..your here! your so...hahahaha

('@') Oink!

Originally posted by Reanemeiko

what do you mean?haha

• hahagamerhahagamer Member Posts: 6

axe is still the best. :p personally!!!

• drasilgamedrasilgame Member Posts: 58

Sword is rather weak but has good def. All axe is the best for pvp and monk is essensial in any party.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I like Axes, but I've found that my main is starting to lag behind everyone but the Viking (and the shaman/monk).

Freezing axe is really useful, but it rarely damages enemies enough to kill them (and especially not off the mark).  My archer is 2 levels ahead of me, since she finishes everything off! But even my sword guy is somehow ahead and he mostly just stands there getting beat on.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• gameadiksgameadiks Member Posts: 120

wow, most of you guys use axe as their main in atlantica... cool i saw many of them using it... just for freezing skills.. not bad... but still i would like to try the cannoner as main...

• ReanemeikoReanemeiko Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Reanemeiko

what do you mean?haha

Nothing..hahaha

('@') Oink!

• laberboylaberboy Member Posts: 5

best job for main is a swordie. it is strong and tough against monsters. :D

• trapezoniantrapezonian Member Posts: 124

As we all know Atlantica Online Battle is just like chess where in if your main character dies you loose the battle even though some of your mercenaries are still alive. So most people think the best job to be a main character is a character that is hard to kill.

On my opinion there is no best job for a main character if you think about team balance. All the job has its negative side. If you choose a high def character like the swordsman, you have to put him in the front row. That way he could easily be killed. If you put the swordsman at the 3rd row its def would be worthless and you have to get three more tankers on your line up to fill out the front row. The axe on the other hand, which they say is the best main character has high HP but low defense. Having high HP is worthless if you have low defense. 

If you would ask about my main character, I chose the gunner which they say is the worst main character of all. I chose gunner because its the most proper character to put at the back row aside from the archer. Well I chose gunner instead of the archer because its defense is a bit higher compared to the archer.

My main point here is you don't have to worry about your main character much. What you have to worry about is the front row. If your enemy can't kill your front row, they can't go through to your main character. There are just a couple of characters that could instantly hit the 3rd row like the gunner, archer, beast trainer, and the witch. These characters are of weak defense and if you encounter such a line up with lots of these, they would be easy to wipe out.

Just have a balanced line up, not pure def, not pure offense.

This is just my opinion, I could be wrong though.

• pinoyjesterpinoyjester Member Posts: 81

i wish i could try the new powersaw main character... their skills are wicked!

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by pinoyjester

i wish i could try the new powersaw main character... their skills are wicked!

funny how the chances always lead me to your post pinoyjester. lol! everytime i look into a thread, you are the very last person who have posted in there. haha. anyway, before you would be able to get the power saw main, i guess you have to spend lots of time at levelling-up any chracter up until level 100. that thought itself is quite challenging don't you think? so, get out and play more and have your present character level up to a hundred soon! ;)

• pinoyjesterpinoyjester Member Posts: 81

hahaha...

anyway yeah i think its a requirement to have a lvl100 character in your account first before creating a powersaw...

im thinking of changing my main to an axe (sword to axe) because im planning to get a lady knight... i want to replace my viking with my main in my formation