Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmation of CME/mmoguls connection

BlakeySGVBlakeySGV Member Posts: 106

mymmogulsnetwork.)blogspot.com/2009/01/watch-recording-of-todays-mmoguls.html

You'll have to register there. Just use some phoney info and a U.S. phone number
That is reported to be Gary Whiting talking.

Pay attention at the end and you'll hear some classic pyramid scheme language going on regarding bonuses and exaggerated numbers. Exactly the kind of stuff the the Federal Trade Commission tells people to watch out for when trying to identify if something is an illegal pyramid scheme.
Also pay attention to how he thinks the commands (guilds in SGW) are perfect fronts to recruit people into the "program".

Comments

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Well, this has been talked about alot in many game sites and alot of them fault CME for how they run their froums, I guess when they pick fanbois as moderators it can be expected.

• BlakeySGVBlakeySGV Member Posts: 106

Unfortunately it's not being denounced everywhere enough.......yet.

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

I wonder as on cheyenne website there is no photo of gary whiting, basically anyone could stand up and claim to be him couldn't they???

I watched their presentation and mmoguls is also saying other companies even turbine are going to be involved, now I wonder if turbine knows about this one.

Oh I never saw any video of gary whiting on it, no video at all so it could have been anyone.

Oh look at name on presentation, its not gary supposedly as the name is someone else.

One more thing I forgot to add is mmoguls presentation also mentions that game will be sold in normal outlets not just through their scam.

• supremeaaronsupremeaaron Member UncommonPosts: 189

CME has nothing to do with mmoguls it is one of CMEs investors that does Gary Whiting who is just doing what he want to do. Now how about you leave CME devs to make a mmorpg. Remember what one person does doesn't mean the whole company is involved with mmoguls.

Originally posted by supremeaaron

CME has nothing to do with mmoguls it is one of CMEs investors that does Gary Whiting who is just doing what he want to do. Now how about you leave CME devs to make a mmorpg. Remember what one person does doesn't mean the whole company is involved with mmoguls.

You guys still blindly towing this line need to wake up. Not only is it completely naive, but by doing so you're helping them pull this. You are being used.

The guy is the founder, Chairman and CEO, and majority owner of CME and FireSky (wholly owned subsidiary) . He's not just "one of CME's investors". For all intents and purposes he is CME., and he is using SGW in this scheme. He is using YOU, the unwitting fans waiting for the game.

You guys are doing real harm by not opening your eyes. At every step of this we that first noticed what was happening have been right. It's all been proved to be true. Yet as each new dirty truth has been revealed, you poor people come up with some other way to stay in denial.

Anyway, here is a post I found elsewhere. Do what is right people, take a minute to write and denounce this, and make it clear that the Stargate IP shouldn't be involved with this.

For anyone wishing to express their concern over The Stargate IP being used in this manner to MGM, the owner of the Stargate IP, here are some avenues for you to do that.

You can write to:

Charles E. Cohen

Senior Executive Vice President

MGM Finance and Corporate Development

MGM Television Entertainment

10250 Constellation Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA, 90067

Or email to:

[email protected]

Some other MGM contact emails:

[email protected]

[email protected]

MGM might need a wake up call as to just how their property is being used before it's too late.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

It doesn't really matter. SGW will never see the light of day under CME development and even if it does it will be a god awful game on par with Tabula Rasa but with less success than Matrix Online.

Originally posted by Copeland

It doesn't really matter. SGW will never see the light of day under CME development and even if it does it will be a god awful game on par with Tabula Rasa but with less success than Matrix Online.

You haven't even seen the game as yet so how can you compare it to tabula rasa?? until then what your saying is garbage

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by sancher36

You haven't even seen the game as yet so how can you compare it to tabula rasa?? until then what your saying is garbage

I've seen it and played it. Hell, they can keep my beta account. Not only is Copeland correct, but I'd say he's also being mild in his description. SGW makes TR look like a triple AAA title.

Originally posted by Zorvan

I've seen it and played it. Hell, they can keep my beta account. Not only is Copeland correct, but I'd say he's also being mild in his description. SGW makes TR look like a triple AAA title.

You are breaking NDA for even mentioning you are in beta, did you know that??

Oh guys about the mmoguls thing, I emailed them and this is the response I got:

Alan,

I know this is a long paragraph but I figure more information is better then not enough, right: Please see the bold part about the relationship of Mmoguls and CME.

MMOGULS is the first iSNAP and as such all Customers, Subscribers and Affiliates need to be clear about what statements can and cannot be made, especially during our pre-launch. You are an independent contractor. Secondly, your subscription is for - the Social Network, membership in the Discount Mall, and all of the games and other entertainment products MMOGULS provides to you through the mall. While we are enthusiastically waiting for the first major release from Cheyenne Mountain Games, you must adhere to MMOGULS' Policies and Procedures strictly. Those Policies and Procedures prohibit the use of any trademarks, names, branding, of MMOGULS or any company selling products and services to MMOGULS. For example, no Subscriber or Affiliate may use any reference to Stargate in conjunction with MMOGULS in any communications, marketing materials, or internet postings you create. You may however say that MMOGULS will have access to all Cheyenne Mountain Games through its partner ITZYourMall.com. You may, however, talk generically about the social networking, online games, and other industries, the business opportunity, etc., while using the term, "Independent MMOGULS Affiliate" next to your name. Please reference the Policies and Procedures if you have questions. Infractions that are not immediately corrected will result in having your Moguls Membership terminated.

Member Services

[email protected]

Originally posted by Copeland It doesn't really matter. SGW will never see the light of day under CME development and even if it does it will be a god awful game on par with Tabula Rasa but with less success than Matrix Online.

You are breaking NDA for even mentioning you are in beta, did you know that??
    Oh guys about the mmoguls thing, I emailed them and this is the response I got:
    Alan,
    I know this is a long paragraph but I figure more information is better then not enough, right: Please see the bold part about the relationship of Mmoguls and CME.

MMOGULS is the first iSNAP and as such all Customers, Subscribers and Affiliates need to be clear about what statements can and cannot be made, especially during our pre-launch. You are an independent contractor. Secondly, your subscription is for - the Social Network, membership in the Discount Mall, and all of the games and other entertainment products MMOGULS provides to you through the mall. While we are enthusiastically waiting for the first major release from Cheyenne Mountain Games, you must adhere to MMOGULS' Policies and Procedures strictly. Those Policies and Procedures prohibit the use of any trademarks, names, branding, of MMOGULS or any company selling products and services to MMOGULS. For example, no Subscriber or Affiliate may use any reference to Stargate in conjunction with MMOGULS in any communications, marketing materials, or internet postings you create. You may however say that MMOGULS will have access to all Cheyenne Mountain Games through its partner ITZYourMall.com. You may, however, talk generically about the social networking, online games, and other industries, the business opportunity, etc., while using the term, "Independent MMOGULS Affiliate" next to your name. Please reference the Policies and Procedures if you have questions. Infractions that are not immediately corrected will result in having your Moguls Membership terminated.

Member Services
    [email protected]

I think he knows he's breaking the NDA and doesn't care because the game is so bad he doesn't plan on playing it. Of course he'll never get another chance to play it anyway so what does it matter? Stick a fork in it. The game is dead.

One thing I can't understand guys if you hate a game so much why do you even bother trolling the forums ?? is maturity an issue here ??

Any normal person wouldn't do this would they?? its sort of pathetic and childish wouldn't you agree??

One thing I can't understand guys if you hate a game so much why do you even bother trolling the forums ?? is maturity an issue here ??
     Any normal person wouldn't do this would they?? its sort of pathetic and childish wouldn't you agree??

I don't consider maybe a total of 3 or 4 posts in this section since it was put here as "trolling the forum". I said my peace, and left it at that.

Oh, and let me know what your definition of a "normal" person is, since every psychologist out there can't agree on it.

I don't consider maybe a total of 3 or 4 posts in this section since it was put here as "trolling the forum". I said my peace, and left it at that.

Oh, and let me know what your definition of a "normal" person is, since every psychologist out there can't agree on it.

Didn't even mention your name unless your feeling guilty right?? I just get annoyed with the regular trolls thats all

Didn't even mention your name unless your feeling guilty right?? I just get annoyed with the regular trolls thats all

Oh, well then. My mistake for thinking you meant myself and Copeland when we were the two you were responding to and then said "What I don't understand guys..."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Just stop, please.  No one hates the game.  They hate the obvious lies and deception being practiced on the fans of the IP by CME/mmoguls and their officers.

They are trying to help you, the mislead fan understand what's happening and why you're probably never going to see a decent game come of this.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

A few on forums have basically said they don't like it but yet keep coming back to forums for more.

As for mmoguls did you read what I posted earlier?? also the mlm setup is currently illegal as they are taking money off unsuspecting people without any product to offer them in return, also in a presentation I watched mmoguls claimed that they will have access to another game in june from turbine.

mmoguls is from how I see it acting like a socalled middleman of the game but also the game will be sold through normal means so mmoguls presentation explains.

I'm not sure where to report mmoguls in the US but I know here in australia it would be classed as illegal for how its being setup.

A few on forums have basically said they don't like it but yet keep coming back to forums for more.
    As for mmoguls did you read what I posted earlier?? also the mlm setup is currently illegal as they are taking money off unsuspecting people without any product to offer them in return, also in a presentation I watched mmoguls claimed that they will have access to another game in june from turbine.
    mmoguls is from how I see it acting like a socalled middleman of the game but also the game will be sold through normal means so mmoguls presentation explains.
    I'm not sure where to report mmoguls in the US but I know here in australia it would be classed as illegal for how its being setup.

MLM is illegal here in the states, also. I can't think of the agency right off hand, but it's the guys that handle racketeering. The F.B.I. most likely. A simple phone call or e-mail to the local F.B.I. office in the town where CME/MMOGULS is located would get the ball rolling.

MLM is illegal here in the states, also. I can't think of the agency right off hand, but it's the guys that handle racketeering. The F.B.I. most likely. A simple phone call or e-mail to the local F.B.I. office in the town where CME/MMOGULS is located would get the ball rolling.

MLM isn't illegal but pyramid selling is, there is a difference in how it is structured. Look at groups like herbalife, amway or forever living products as these came out of the US.

If they were illegal they would have been shut down many years ago, it all depends on how the system is structured to if its illegal or not.

But I do know that taking money for signups without having any products readily available like what mmoguls is doing is certainly illegal.

MLM isn't illegal but pyramid selling is, there is a difference in how it is structured. Look at groups like herbalife, amway or forever living products as these came out of the US.

If they were illegal they would have been shut down many years ago, it all depends on how the system is structured to if its illegal or not.

But I do know that taking money for signups without having any products readily available like what mmoguls is doing is certainly illegal.

You're right, I should have said MLM is illegal here depending on how it's ran. Heh, Amway had to change their name and restructure.

Main thing is being able to show beyond doubt that they are taking money without having an actual product to sell. I haven't looked that close at MMOGUL, so I don't know how obvious they are being about it.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Just stop, please.  No one hates the game.  They hate the obvious lies and deception being practiced on the fans of the IP by CME/mmoguls and their officers.

They are trying to help you, the mislead fan understand what's happening and why you're probably never going to see a decent game come of this.

Exactly.

I had been a vocal supporter of the game for quite awhile.  I'll not be supporting a game that's even indirectly tied to this kind of stuff though. 

The "fans" that continue to support the game now that the truth is out, and by doing so in fact promote the game, are in a roundabout way aiding and abetting what could very likely end up deemed to be criminal activities.

By the way, the agency in the U.S. to contact and file a complaint if you wish is the Federal Trade Commission.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Let's suppose that the whole game really is just a scam.  In that case, why can't they make a better scam out of it.  They think people who play games are going to pay $250 plus $50/month to play "Motor Racing Game" and "To American Football Game" without any more details than that.  If they're scammers, then they're decidedly inept scammers--far too incompetent to have created the professional-looking web site and variety of screenshots that they're known to have.

The issue isn't whether or not the game itself being created is a scam.

Although there are plenty speculating that it's all been a way to suck up @ $42 million in investment dollars, and now more if people buy into the mmoguls "plan", and there's not really any concern whether the game makes it to release, or if it does, whether it's successful.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449
    Originally posted by BlakeySGV

That is reported to be Gary Whiting talking.

Thanks for that info.  Though I don't fully know the situation, this all seems to shady for me.

I have an alternative solution, rather than to pre-order or pay up-front...  I will pre-cancel.

By the way, is "pre-cancel" a common term in the community?  I think we should make it into one...

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Although there are plenty speculating that it's all been a way to suck up @ $42 million in investment dollars, and now more if people buy into the mmoguls "plan", and there's not really any concern whether the game makes it to release, or if it does, whether it's successful.

I don't believe the game is a scam. I just know that it's a start up company that is out of money. That means that the game isn't going any further. A few years ago when this genre was hot someone probably would have jumped in to save it. That isn't going to happen here.

The IP is a good one though. The game they are making is absolutely horrible. I hope for the sake of all Stargate fans that this game never sees the light of day. I can't see an investor coming along that would see what they've made and feel like sinking millions into it. Not if they have any idea what their competition is or how this market works.

I don't believe the game is a scam. I just know that it's a start up company that is out of money. That means that the game isn't going any further. A few years ago when this genre was hot someone probably would have jumped in to save it. That isn't going to happen here.

The IP is a good one though. The game they are making is absolutely horrible. I hope for the sake of all Stargate fans that this game never sees the light of day. I can't see an investor coming along that would see what they've made and feel like sinking millions into it. Not if they have any idea what their competition is or how this market works.

You do know they also have some financial backing from MGM as well right thats helping to fund the game, plus all games run at a loss when in devolopement stage its expected.

Also as you haven't seen the final product the opinion you have given isn't worth a pile of salt. Basically nobody knows how the game will play out on release so if anyone reading this with a brain, I would suggest wait it out and if game is released then make an informed opinion then once after playing it.

People rubbished turbine saying they were going bad too and lotro would never be released and it was and also it turned out to be a great game.

Games are not meant to be liked by everyone, what you hate about a game someone else out there would like. World of warcraft a crappy mmo in my opinion but 11 million people love it, you can't satisfy everyone out there.