Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Solo Guide, Levels 40th to 60th

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Turbine has released the third part in their examination of solo play in Lord of the Rings Online, this time providing guidance for players between levels 40 and 60.

As your adventuring career crests at 40th level, your strength and renown reaches epic proportions. You are needed more than ever to help purge the land of the forces of the Dark Lord Sauron.

You might think that with the increased strength of Orcs, Goblins, Drakes, and other savage beasts that soloing is no longer an option—quite the contrary! With the addition of the Moria expansion, opportunities for solitary play abound beneath the Misty Mountains in the lands the Dwarves once called Khazad-dûm.

Soloing Quests Before Moria

While you can’t trace the path of the Fellowship of the Ring and begin your exploration of Moria until you've completed quests in the western lands of Eriador, you’re not required to follow that same path. You don’t have to complete Volume I quests before you start on Volume II. Access to Moria is gated by the start of Volume II of the epic storyline. This series of solo quests leads up to the gates of Moria itself and prepares you for the challenges that lie ahead.

Read the LotRO Solo Guide: Levels 40th to 60th

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Soloing from 40-60....that sounds sort of sad and lonely actually. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Sorry Kyleran, I like you and your posts and you have a lot to say but I don't quite think you get the idea of soloing.

Of course with that statement it opens up the whole solo vs group discussion once again.

I mostly solo but in no way does that not mean that I don't group when it happens or help out when asked. It just means that I go on my merry way, exploring, doing what I need to do in order to stop the dark forces of Sauron. The renegade Elven Knight making his way through the land, meeting people, having adventures of different sorts and then continuing on.

Nothing lonely about it. Add to that that I'm in a decent kinship with very nice people and there is a constant thread of discussion to partake in as well.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Wonder why's there no mention of Angmar in that articl. It contains many more solo quests than misty mountains.

REALITY CHECK

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

I tend to disagree, I would much rather solo a quest if for nothing else than the knowledge that I did it myself.  I am one to go off many a days on my own exploring areas that I was rushed thru while in a group just to see the sights and you have to admit that the game has some of the best graphics around. and it just seems to be a shame not to enjoy them, I also belong to a very good kin and can fellowship just about any time I want and also help others but in my view there is nothing like doing it solo.

• LizanteLizante Member Posts: 182

Except for no mention of Angmar, this is a pretty decent, fairly concise, to-the-point guide on doing quests on LotRO.

Personally, I didn't like Angmar much anyway.  I did most of Angmar's quests with my Main and didn't care much for it, but that was back in the day before MadeOfLines and his crew "Updated and Improved" Angmar -- personally, I do not find Angmar new and improved.  Quite the contrary.  So for my alts, I took them to Angmar for some solo quests, the Carn Dum and Urugarth stuff and to do the Epics but after that I pretty much avoided Angmar.  I did do The Rift with my Main, too.  Didn't like The Rift either (not that it was very hard once we got it down - I'm just not a fan of Raids) so I avoid The Rift with alts as well.

It was easy to dismiss Angmar, with it's dark, depressing area and quests with really crappy rewards and go to places like South Trollshaws instead.  Since Turbine keeps adding tons of new content every couple of months and now the new Mines of Moria Expansion, there's always more new and interesting places to level 40-60 -- many of which are mentioned in this Guide.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Hehehe

This articles only show that there is a way to solo all the way from 1-60 in LOTRO (not by grinding , but by doing quests)

Fact is that LOTRO questing is done in quest chains. Usually there are 3-4 quest in chain and last one is group quest.

• Stile777Stile777 Member Posts: 1

Isn't the Bridge of Kazadum destroyed? Gandalf took care of that! So how can it be used to cross over to the Eastern Gate?

• icehawkeicehawke Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Stile777

Isn't the Bridge of Kazadum destroyed? Gandalf took care of that! So how can it be used to cross over to the Eastern Gate?

There is an orc/crawler infested path around the ruined bridge. Unless someone has cleared it out, expect to take a good 10-15 minutes to traverse the area (done with my 60 Hunter main solo).