Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of things to do in FFXI

dominiadominia Member Posts: 191

Comments

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

FFXIclopedia also has information on each crafting guild - it's really easy to find once you're in the website.

• dominiadominia Member Posts: 191

Yeah, I had just run out of time between meetings at work. >< Should be updated soon.

Currently Playing: GW2
    Retired: Shadowbane, DAoC, WoW, FFXI, Eve Online, SWToR

The Aphelion MMO Blog - GW2 Initial Impressions

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

No wonder this game is dying, there is absolutely NOTHING to do in it.

/sarcasam

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Heheh, nice list.

This reminds me of an email I put together for my sister who couldn't understand what I meant when I said that I liked FFXI more than WoW because XI has more to do. 

She said "How can you say that? WoW has so many quests.. and PvP..."

I said "Yes... but "quests" is one type of content. I'm talking in terms of variety of types of content"

I then sent her a list comparing WoW's options (supplied by her and agreed on by other WoW players), to what is on offer in FFXI.

She got what I meant after that, but still thinks that WoW has more to do.

Ah well.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• TKAndyTKAndy Member Posts: 16

Hehe, great list you made there Dominia  Makes me want to come back to this great game!

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Heheh, nice list.
    This reminds me of an email I put together for my sister who couldn't understand what I meant when I said that I liked FFXI more than WoW because XI has more to do. 
    She said "How can you say that? WoW has so many quests.. and PvP..."
    I said "Yes... but "quests" is one type of content. I'm talking in terms of variety of types of content"
    I then sent her a list comparing WoW's options (supplied by her and agreed on by other WoW players), to what is on offer in FFXI.
    She got what I meant after that, but still thinks that WoW has more to do.
    Ah well.

That is because WoW is a cult. Just wait for it, one of these years at Blizzcon everyone is going to drink the Kool-aide and good riddence.

• ThachsanhThachsanh Member Posts: 331

This list misses the whole FFXI raiding which is also a very major end game activity. This includes but not limited to Sky/Sea NMs, Gods,... A long list of HNMs which require camping but still, they are end game contents.

Notice that the majority of WoW end game contents are in this category raiding instances. FFXI has just as much contents in this category in addition to the extensive list above.

Originally posted by Thachsanh

This list misses the whole FFXI raiding which is also a very major end game activity. This includes but not limited to Sky/Sea NMs, Gods,... A long list of HNMs which require camping but still, they are end game contents.
    Notice that the majority of WoW end game contents are in this category raiding instances. FFXI has just as much contents in this category in addition to the extensive list above.

You know that is honestly a good point. The second version I'm typing up will have that. Originally I was just thinking of activities but the different types of raiding is very important.

Thanks.

Anyone see anything I'm missing, or a new section I should add? I was comtipating adding a list of NMs, but I'm unsure how fesible that would be (length).

Any thoughts?

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Some things seem out of place. First off I consider Raids as something that would not normally happen (something that needs to be triggered) and needs multiple people to achieve a goal in order to get higher level stuff. HNMs are going to happen if people are there or not which is why I would say they are not a raid. Also BCNMs are really not raids in my opinion, They are instance battles where are initiated by an item you get from collecting other items. The high end raids in this game all are in areas where only one group can do them at any moment in time (thus not an instance) and entry is typically bought with money and not items.

Also ... Confict is to the base game as Besiged is to Treasures and Campaign is to Wings. The two PvP thigs are just sport to help determine conflict. The fact that zone change hands every sunday is Conflict. Try this layout:

Storyline

Missions:

• Bastok
    • Windurst
    • San d'Oria
    • Rise of Zilart
    • Chains of Promathia
    • Treasures of Aht Urhgan
      • Assault
    • Wings of the Goddess
      • Campaign Operations

Quests:

• Bastok
    • Windurst
    • San d'Oria
    • Other Quest
    • Outland Quest
    • etc...

Regional Battles:

• Conflict
      • Ballista
      • Brennar
    • Besieged
    • Campaign

Crafting

• Alchemy
    • Bonecraft
    • Clothcraft
    • Cooking
    • Fishing
    • Goldsmithing
    • Leathercraft
    • Smithing
    • Woodworking

Notorious Monsters

Instance Battles:

• Buring Circle Notorious Monster (BCNM)
    • Empty Notorious Monster (ENM)
    • Imperial Standing Notorious Monster (ISNM)

Overworld Battles:

• Notorious Monster (NM)
    • Hyper Notorious Monster (HNM)
    • Zeni Notorious Monster (ZNM)
    • Stronghold Notorious Monster (SNM)

Gods:

• Al'Taieu Gods
    • Tu'Lia Gods

Raids

Low Level:

• Expeditionary Force
    • Garrison
    • Moblin Maze Mongers

End Game:

• Dynamis
    • Enherjar
    • Limbus
    • Salvage

Hobbies

• Adventuring Fellow
    • Chocobo Digging
    • Chocobo Racing
    • Chocobo Raising
    • Claimming
    • Excavation
    • Gardening
    • Harvesting
    • Logging
    • Mining
    • Pankration

Side Activities (a.k.a. I have no idea where to put them)

• Moghancements
    • Fields of Valor
    • Level Sync

I agree to an extent. I've always defined a raid to be a large (bigger then one party) gathering of people together to complete a common goal. In EQ we used to "raid" out door bosses all the time before there were instances, but I understand if you'd rather the definition be different for the purpose of this list.

That said, I used yor basic layout but with a couple tweeks. I really don't like putting "Moblin Maze Monger's" under low level raid, I'd consider it more of a tool you use while leveling but I've not yet used it with 6+ ppl.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I only like doing the one thing in that list ...claimming in bibiki.I run around claimming everything that moves :p

If you claimming just the right weight you get a special gift...a claimming bot ...just make sure you don't SPOOK the Leaping Lizzy otherwise it will piss himself ,yuck runs down his leg into the boots,you gonna wear them after that?  didn't think so .... :D

ok i'll stay off the sauce

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

you are missing quite alot.

A lot people don't know about  FFXI have many hidden features

For one

Mog lockers (not hidden) but you can list the way to obtain them!

List how to get subjobs!

List the Events that run every year!

List PVP! ...etc

none