Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't get the Consept of SGW

RealDeoRealDeo Member Posts: 4

hi,

As I get from all the videos and the website, you will jump around through gates and attack aliens? other humans? and all you have are US Maries standard weaponds and mayby that staff that shoot's?

I mean, is this some sort of hack and slash or is it suppose to have some underlying meaning exept fro milking the Stargate Franchize? It seems to me that the onlything cool about this game is It's name...

And from the videos I'v watched, people have a sheild and health, so first you have to shoot away that sheild, mening that snipers and other tactical advantages are gone, it just a matter of wearing the other down... with like heavy weaponds...

Anyone see things diffrently?

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I dont know if you watched the SG1 Seasons, but here we go.

SG1 is a special Airforce under Cheyenne Mountain (NORAD) unit that discovered what they called a Stargate (found in Egypt) in which you can travel to different planets in our Milky Way Galaxy. This special unit in the TV series consisted of team members in which SG1 goal was to discover new weapons, new alien races and new technology so we here on Earth could use allies and technology to go agaist our main adversaries called the Goa'uld which wanted to enslave every race they came across so we can worship them as gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa'uld

I dont know where the game Stargate Worlds take place and what season, but apparently we dont have spaceships as of yet.

When SGA (Stargate Atlantis) became its own season, we had Spaceship technology due to the allies we made with the Original SG team.

There have been 10 Seasons of Stargate with 2 DVD movies as well. There was a spin off called Stargate Atlantis which consisted of 5 seasons. The SGA was located in the Pegasus Galaxy and doing their own drama over there. SGA main adversaries were the Wraith and crossed with these folks as much as SG1 crossed with the Goa'uld. The SGA team was based on the mythology of Atlantis in which it had its alien race known as the Ancients.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith_(Stargate)

There is yet another spin off the the TV series coming this summer called Stargate Universe. Which we consist of a new cast of members.

Anyways back to SG Worlds, the game will be based around what the TV series have shown us.

To keep it simple..

Find New Technology, New Weapons and make Allies agaist the enemy known as the Goa'uld!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by RealDeo

hi,
    As I get from all the videos and the website, you will jump around through gates and attack aliens? other humans? and all you have are US Maries standard weaponds and mayby that staff that shoot's?

I mean, is this some sort of hack and slash or is it suppose to have some underlying meaning exept fro milking the Stargate Franchize? It seems to me that the onlything cool about this game is It's name...

And from the videos I'v watched, people have a sheild and health, so first you have to shoot away that sheild, mening that snipers and other tactical advantages are gone, it just a matter of wearing the other down... with like heavy weaponds...

Yes. Very.

They have at least TWO game mechanics that are different from standard MMO. The first is the combat mechanics will be based on cover & range attacks. I don't think that has been done before. They will also have a mini-game mechanics tied to the abilities of the scientist/archaeologist. If done well, it can be a main mechanics for non-combat gameplay.

• AlxgrangerAlxgranger Member Posts: 36
    I dont know where the game Stargate Worlds take place and what season, but apparently we dont have spaceships as of yet.

Well from what i've read the game is supposed to take place between seasons eight and nine, b4 all of the major changes take place in the stargate unvierse.

"you know that whole 'we come in peace business.' Bite me!"

• SeeroSeero Member UncommonPosts: 72

I didn't read the 2nd post in this thread so my apologies if my info has already been stated.

There are maor differences in what Stargate Worlds is and what you described.  You seem to be under the impression that Stargate Worlds will be like a FPS.  The combat system is not FPS-style.  It is more of a traditional MMO-style of combat in that you target a mob and all your shots either hit or miss depending on dice rolls and all that god stuff.  The difference is that it is going to be more tactical and they will use a cover system.  Meaning using objects to hide behind will increase your defense and such.

Also, most actions in the game such as hacking and lockpicking will be done via a minigame system.  Also, the Archeologist archetype will be adept at these minigames and have the opportinity to use a conversation minigame as an alternative to combat, though combat is still possible with an Archaeologist.

Weapons in this game range from conventional weapons such as p90's to alien technology.  Humans are not the only playable race.  You must not have looked very hard into this game before coming to your above conclusion.  I suggest reading more on their site and looking at their official videos on YouTuve.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

The combat system sounds kind of like an MMORPG version of Chain of Command.  That could be interesting. 

• darkboazdarkboaz Member UncommonPosts: 160

Unfortunately those who know cannot say because a NDA is in effect.

• sh4dowst4lkrsh4dowst4lkr Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by Alxgranger

Well from what i've read the game is supposed to take place between seasons eight and nine, b4 all of the major changes take place in the stargate unvierse.

we had spaceships, promethius makes its appearence in  season six, and daedalus in ep one of season 2. Plus im sure there will be plenty of gou'auld ships to hijack,

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by RealDeo

hi,

Don't feel bad because it seems that the devs of the game do not understand Star Gate either. If they thought that they would pull the hard core SG fans into the game they will be surprised when/if they ever have an open BETA/Stress test and they loose most of that base.