Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ultima Online: Shield and Armor Pricing Guide

StraddenStradden Managing EditorHalifax, NSPosts: 6,696Member

MMORPG.com's V D writes this shield and armor pricing guide for the classic MMORPG, Ulitma Online.

This guide will help you with UO armor and shields pricing. With so many different outcomes for item properties it is quite a task to determine a value of each item. We will attempt here to help you price your gear whether looted, crafted or enhanced.

The way this guide will work is it will list out all possible properties for magic Armor, Weapons and Jewelry along with recommended price for each range. It will be your job to sum up all the properties your item has to find out the final item value, so please see tables below:

Read the Shield and Armor Pricing Guide

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• GungaDinGungaDin Philadelphia, PAPosts: 514Member Uncommon

Horrible.  

I want my plain heater shield back !!! Or buckler of hardening.  Thats all !!!  Look at that freaking guide.  Why does it have to be so complicated now.  

Here was my pricing when I was a GM Smith on Chesapeake back in 1998.

Heater Shield:

Iron 100 gold

Dull Copper / Copper / Bronze 150 gold.

Shadow 200 gold

Agapite 300 gold

Verite 400 gold

Valorite 500 gold.  

Magical shields:  (when i  looted them off players or monsters)

Defense 100 gold

Guarding 200 gold

Hardening 300 gold

Forification 400 gold 

Invulnerability 750 gold.  

What a great system back then,  Thanks for reminding how much the game sucks now.

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,183Member Uncommon

Boy do I second that opinion.....Nothing wrong with change when it is for the good, but this game really degenerated with the Age of Shadows expansion and it is unrecoverable.

• docminusdocminus J.Posts: 717Member
    Originally posted by GungaDin

Horrible.  
    I want my plain heater shield back !!! Or buckler of hardening.  Thats all !!!  Look at that freaking guide.  Why does it have to be so complicated now.  
    Heater Shield:
    Iron 100 gold
    Shadow 200 gold
    Agapite 300 gold
    Verite 400 gold
    Valorite 500 gold.  
    Defense 100 gold
    Guarding 200 gold
    Hardening 300 gold
    Forification 400 gold 
    What a great system back then,  Thanks for reminding how much the game sucks now.

from my todays carebear perspective I would agree, but still, I have to ask how you are reasoning, because the "standard troll comments" regarding changes, nerfes, patches is somethin in the likes of "bah, too easy now, stupid carebears, I want my old UO/EQ1/SWG-preCU".

"Finally" something is more complicated and it becomes horrible.

Oh well, the fate of all MMO developers - you can never do it right for all.

imageimage

• HolaHolaHolaHola AlbertslundPosts: 68Member

125.k xtra for a nice piece if it got 20 LRC? Thats not right...

Also its hard to really make a price guide for the items in UO....

Playing: League of Legends!

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,183Member Uncommon

Pre Age of Shadows, a smith had a very steady income because everything stays on your body when you die.  A smith could make  alot of decent weapons and armor fast and not have to worry about all this specialized equipment.  The purchaser could find a ready supply of cheap items to replace what they lost.

Now everything is insured, smiths are constantly replacing the expensive items needed to turn out fancy weapons and items.  Everyone now wants the top end stuff, a good elite item without fancy bonuses is undesirable.

Pre Age of Shadows you did not run around with really good items, it was too easy to lose them, hence most fights were pretty even, you used good quality, but replacable equipment.  Now you have no idea what your opponent has and fights are determined by who has the better equipment, throw skill out the window.   Heck I can play Wow for that kind of an experience, why play UO with it's ancient engine?

• GungaDinGungaDin Philadelphia, PAPosts: 514Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by docminus

Horrible.  
    Heater Shield:
    Iron 100 gold
    Shadow 200 gold
    Agapite 300 gold
    Verite 400 gold
    Valorite 500 gold.  
    Defense 100 gold
    Guarding 200 gold
    Hardening 300 gold
    Forification 400 gold 

from my todays carebear perspective I would agree, but still, I have to ask how you are reasoning, because the "standard troll comments" regarding changes, nerfes, patches is somethin in the likes of "bah, too easy now, stupid carebears, I want my old UO/EQ1/SWG-preCU".

"Finally" something is more complicated and it becomes horrible.

Oh well, the fate of all MMO developers - you can never do it right for all.

Your looking at it wrong.  SWG Pre-Cu had the best crafting i've eve encountered.  But it was simple and well thought out.  Nothing wrong with a few modifiers, but this is getting ridiculous. 

Plus, too easy, carebear relates to gameplay (pvp, pve, quests etc).  No one calls crafting carebear.  Crafting should be important above all else.  And in early UO and SWG Pre-Cu. It was.  Thats the point !

• docminusdocminus J.Posts: 717Member

Your looking at it wrong.  SWG Pre-Cu had the best crafting i've eve encountered.  But it was simple and well thought out.  Nothing wrong with a few modifiers, but this is getting ridiculous. 

Plus, too easy, carebear relates to gameplay (pvp, pve, quests etc).  No one calls crafting carebear.  Crafting should be important above all else.  And in early UO and SWG Pre-Cu. It was.  Thats the point !

ah, I get you. sorry, but I had to ask.

imageimage