Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks WAR, you have ruined my MMO experience !!

After playing the scenarios and RVR in WAR, I can no longer play any other MMO.  I recently quit an Alpha testing because the first quest was some delivery mission.  I just can't take that style anymore.  

LOTRO is dead to me forever, I'll never go back now.  Thx WAR !!!  

Quests and fighting NPC mobs, blah, so boring now,  Thx WAR !!! 

Last night we even tried to do the sewers instance in WAR and i almost fell asleep.  We were like "WTF are we doing, lets go kill someone !! lol "  Keep raids, RVR, scenarios, and just plain jumping people is where its at for me now.   

I don't see myself playing any MMO now, other than WAR.  

Cheers

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

There's this swell new genre of games called First Person Shooters...recommend you give them a trial. I hear COD4 is a good one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Yea, i'm currently playing Lego Star Wars, Oblivion, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (free shooter, still great), and Bio Shock. 

WAR is so great because its not a grind, I can just play whenever, so I have all the free time now to get back to gaming.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

I think you could be seeing yourself playing Darkfall.  Where players are there for the killing, large wars for player cities are constant, and the npcs are so smart you will prefer fighting players because they will be easier.

LOL, yea.  Its just more fun playing vs real people.  Watching them run into traps and zergs solo lol.  I laugh every night in RVR.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523

Hah that is so true !  Once you play WAR everything else just seems like you are looking into a monitor watching boring computer animations.

Warhammer is so full of life it's amazing, the fact that PvP is att he very core of the game makes replayability unlimited ( for me anyways ).  And all the different mechanics for the various classess - genius ;)  Every time I play a different class it totally feels like I'am playing a brand new game.  WAR changed me from one charcter PvE player into Altocholic with perma blood lust :D  Love this game.

I with ya 100%.  I have 4 order toons and 4 destro toons.  I just switch between them for a different game style.  Its amazing.  

And get this, I've been playing since Beta and my highest toon is rank 28 lol.  It doesnt matter what level your at, its PVP !! I actually find it more fun in the tier 1 zone.  I'm so pissed when I can't go in there anymore.  Its so basic at that stage it makes the PVP simple.  Tier 2 RVR is good, but Tier 3 is even better.  I think the RVR zones are set up better in Tier 3 (easier to find and get to the objectives faster, plus u have a mount lol)

I even tried to go back to LOTRO after the expansion.  But after a quest to help some dwarves make some pick axes, I lost it.  Goto hell Dorfs !! I wanted to kill them for making me go on a stupid pointless quest like that.  I mean , I can just play Oblivion for an RPG fix, and not have to pay freaking monthly !!

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Already experienced this feeling back when I played Daoc, left it behind when they changed the game to something I didn't recognize anymore. Shame what they did to it. These days I just AA or TF2 my PvP urges away :)

Originally posted by GungaDin

Yea, i'm currently playing Lego Star Wars, Oblivion, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory (free shooter, still great), and Bio Shock.

WAR is so great because its not a grind, I can just play whenever, so I have all the free time now to get back to gaming.

Could just be my but after all else you mentioned Oblivion sounds *so* not up your alley, lol

Oblivion is actually better PVE than anything in these MMO's.  Plus I don't have to play monthly.  Don't get me wrong , i still like RPG's, I just dont like them converted to MMO form.  Oblivion doesnt make u kill 300 slugs for a trait.

Then you would probably never have lasted int he classic Daoc I played lol, even though the PvP that had was a great experience (once you got to it)

Don't know why I never tried DAOC.  My best PVP experience was UO back in 1997-98.  Took me awhile there to become effective in PVP .  

Just no more quests or kill 50 of this or that or take this piece of bread to Joe.  Can't do it anymore.

Don't know why I never tried DAOC.  My best PVP experience was UO back in 1997-98.  Took me awhile there to become effective in PVP .  
    Just no more quests or kill 50 of this or that or take this piece of bread to Joe.  Can't do it anymore.

I much, much much prefer quests to grinding out camps like in Daoc though. I assume you mean PvP levelling only though which yes, probably means this is your last mmo for quite a while :)

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

I've had this feeling also.

I'd much rather PvP than PvE. Maybe if they fix some of the crap I'll try WAR out again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Oblivion is actually better PVE than anything in these MMO's.  Plus I don't have to play monthly.  Don't get me wrong , i still like RPG's, I just dont like them converted to MMO form.  Oblivion doesnt make u kill 300 slugs for a trait.

Yep, that's because Oblivion is a game where you have total freedom. Quest if you want or just kill things.

If you were to play Oblivion WITHOUT any type of guide books, but just turn it on and go around, that game would last you over a year figuring things out.

Extremely satisfying.. Fallout 3 was also a rush.^^

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

No, but you have to use a trait or skill, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to advance it.  But, please dont get me wrong -- I LOVED Oblivion.  Great game.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

After playing the scenarios and RVR in WAR, I can no longer play any other MMO.  I recently quit an Alpha testing because the first quest was some delivery mission.  I just can't take that style anymore.  
    Last night we even tried to do the sewers instance in WAR and i almost fell asleep.  We were like "WTF are we doing, lets go kill someone !! lol "  Keep raids, RVR, scenarios, and just plain jumping people is where its at for me now.   
    Cheers

One thing I love about WAR is that the game does NOT feel like a job.  I have NEVER logged into WAR dreading having to run some dungeon again for a drop or camping some spawn point for hours on end to finish a quest.  You log in, you play, you have fun, you camp -- and then you do something else with your life other then play an MMO for countless hours on end while accomplishing NOTHING.

Oh and the p

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Cheers

Do you know why folk enjoy the first 3 tiers so much?

CC - it is hardly noticeable.

Originally posted by Tyvolus1

Cheers

One thing I love about WAR is that the game does NOT feel like a job.  I have NEVER logged into WAR dreading having to run some dungeon again for a drop or camping some spawn point for hours on end to finish a quest.  You log in, you play, you have fun, you camp -- and then you do something else with your life other then play an MMO for countless hours on end while accomplishing NOTHING.

Oh and the p

Yep, thats exactly how LOTRO made me feel.

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

OP, what u are experiencing is what is called "mmo alergy" in the short run you are alergic to any game that resemple WoW or something like an mmo...

Like people alergic to dust, latex, and some kind of foods.... u are alergic to mmos... this cause u extreame rash and irritation when expose to some chemical agent from the enviroment, in this case the mmo genre...

Hint from little kitty is... dont play mmo ever, try other style of games... and by the way, stay away from RPG ones too.... some of them are looking like mmos... example neverwinter nights... and so on...

dont worry this is all normal situation and no one is to panic, some other people are alergic to talktalk radio program and other game genres like sports.... I'm alergic to sport ones...

• susanto1228susanto1228 Member Posts: 203

ahh im sure your blissful WAR gameplay will be shortlived, like #2 said go play COD4 it's a better game with more players, and Im willing to be it will be LIVE longer than WAR ever will.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770

A pity you are surrounded by potatos...

You are the hero of the City of potatos. Nice, but that's it. NO one cares.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I couldnt stand WAR cuz of the reasons u like it cuz im into PvE.  I just play FPS games for PvP after I finish the singe player campaign.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by bodypass

Most of the players in mmos are no different.

Originally posted by bodypass

No one cared in LOTRO either.

Originally posted by tkreep

I couldnt stand WAR cuz of the reasons u like it cuz im into PvE.  I just play FPS games for PvP after I finish the singe player campaign.

I agree, FPS games are PVP.  Thing is, this game has that FPS feel.   Well to me anyway lol.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

Why do you think I haven't been able to settle into an MMO since Dark Age of Camelot? It was one of the best MMOs ever made, and had the best PvP, ever. Now I can't touch another game unless it has actually meaningful endgame PvP like Dark Age, or, WAR (made by the same people)