Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online

Aeria Games presents: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

Convince, seduce, and intimidate Demons to fight along your side. Fuse Demons together and create new breeds! Use your Demons as mounts to travel the world of Imagine Online. Discover all 200 of them!

Personalize your character's wardrobe in thousands of ways. Dress your character in modern and futuristic Tokyo fashions. Trade clothes and accessories to create the look you want.

Fight alongside your friends using a real-time combat strategic combat system. Choose to slash swords, shoot guns, and cast magic spells. Dodge, parry, and counter with expert combat techniques.

Screenshots: megaten.aeriagames.com/media/screenshots

Videos: megaten.aeriagames.com/media/video

Official Website: megaten.aeriagames.com/

Comments

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

The game is pretty enjoyable for a F2P game.  I'm sure it will eventually end up being a typical grinding game, but the initial quests are fun.  I like that you can find and capture demons.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I played the japanese verson of this game some months ago. I look forward to the english version.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

The game rocks until level 35, when you run out of content. (The Japanese version also has this problem).

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Aeria games are POTENTIALLY the best F2P games out there,but they still fall into some poor designs.After the inital fun and excitement wears off around level 40ish,their games become nothing but SEVERE grind fests,like .05 xp for a kill.You do nothing but grind and grind,with on odd occasion grab a decent quest and hope for a great reward or drop,does not happen often enough to cler the boredom of just grinding over and over.

If AERIA had a NA developer to coordiante with and put more time into development,they could have themsleves possibly the best games on the market,but they don't and they don't so you get what you pay for F2P all over again.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Game overall sucks. Character and mosnter models are pretty good, but everything else is just plain awful. The environments are boring and dungeons are just these awful maze rooms that all look alike.  Game flaunts different character builds because it's skill based. However all you can really do is either play ranged guns or melee, because the game is not setup for anyone to play a magic caster as a main because you run out of mana after a couple of spells even if you pump all your stats into int.  I found that especially dissapointing.

The pet stuff is actually well done at least, that's about the only well done thing in the entire game.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

I king of like parts of it.

Good ideas:

1) Is story driven, sorta.. has like "episodes" like in a anime film.

2) Think 3eyes or some terror anime, where demons take over tokio and and a postnuclear-ish world.

Implementation:

About 1)  Story driven don't help much the quest. You still seems to get "Kill X of Y" quest.  Is a grind game.

About 2) For some reason, the designers feel like adding empty space everywhere make sense. You feel like your are 2 cm long walking on your own house. Everything is big, and takes forever to get there.

More interesting ideas:

a) Minigame-ish to open box on the map.

b) "Virtual world"

c) A pet system has the core of the game (optional)

d) Expertise system ( maybe more RPG than Fallout 3, WoW and LOTRO combined)

e) The combat seems somewhat JRPG ish, but is realtime. You "charge" skills, and click to launch it. This make for a  arcade "turn based" feel in real time (WTF?).

a -> good, but is just a tiny detail

b -> nice

c -> nice, not much use than tutorial, trough..

d -> really nice

e -> nice, but takes time to "get it"

Main problems:

- Is a grind machine

- Strange controls or lack of.. It don't follow some good MMORPG standards.

- It need a transportation system, like horses, or motocycles, or something

AAA game, that not everybody will like. 

And is a assian game, so you will be of these that don't like it.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

After playing closed beta I just can't bring myself to continue.  Like many of these F2P games there are a lot of good ideas that get lost in the mind numbing grind.

• francesco149francesco149 Member Posts: 5

Graphics looks awesome, the game has a lot of good ideas, i think im gonna try it instead of re starting playing flyff

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Write up of it's features found in my blog: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online - Brief First Look

• francesco149francesco149 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by spinach8puff

Write up of it's features found in my blog: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online - Brief First Look

This looks even more awesome, im gonna try it tomorrow.

By the way this game is more meant for people who don't like to quest grind. There are quests in this game, but the majority of the time you are dungeon grinding. The level cap is around 90 and it will take you awhile to get there so if you're a person who is all about reaching end game and lack patience then this game is not for you. Also this game does have a mount system. You can learn the skill from a guy in Shinjuku Babel in Nakano at level 20. Some helpful information and maps can be found HERE.

There have been two other posts about this game in the OB forums so I am bumping this thread up a little since some people haven't take notice to it.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Reaching endgame eh ? What would that be exactly ?

Originally posted by Airspell

Reaching endgame eh ? What would that be exactly ?

No idea yet. When I know I'll post.

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

There's no content past level 35, let alone any "endgame". All you do after you run out of story quests (your main source of exp) is endless runs of two different  "dungeons" until you reach the level cap, which will take something like a year of mindless grinding or more. For what at the end? Not even PvP.

This game had good ideas, a good concept and decent gameplay... too bad the developers didn't bother adding any more content after release and are instead focusing on the cash shop's content (overpowered weapons/armors from "gambling boxes" and the like). Don't count on the publisher (Aeria Games) to correct this major issue either, they're too busy making their community spam gaming forums for a meager AP reward.

More infos here.

Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time on Megaten, and boycott Aeria Games at the same time (one stone two birds).

• khirmellkhirmell Member Posts: 40

Well i am going to try it anyways its better to see for myself if its good or not. Different people have different taste you know. maybe it will satisfy my craving for adventure.