Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Famous mmorpg cybering locations.

We all know about Deeprun Tram but I'm wondering if other mmorpgs have famous locations like this one in WoW.

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Well, there is that little island in AoC where a GM decided to try to get some virtual nookie off a DUDE!!

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Times are hard, eh?

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531
    Originally posted by darwa

Times are hard, eh?

No pun intended?

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

In the top floor of any building in runescape :P

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

Wow... Err... I think cybering is a thing of the past, I mean maybe they still do it in WoW but lmao, yeah...

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

Quagmire: How old are you?

Girl: 16

Quagmire: 18!  Awesome!

Girl: MOOOOMMMM!

Quagmire:  I like where this is going.

lol, yeah, I think WoW was made for cybering.  That and Guild Wars, with the wammos dry-humping every afk'er in Pre.  There's a reason you can't get within 3 feet of NPC's in the game.

• BooksyBooksy Member Posts: 64

EW, I don't want to know you had sex through a RJ-45 Jack cable.

I feel sticky now .

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

It's kind of weird - but C47 rides and JU52 rides on the way to a paradrop in WWIIoL often turn to homo-erotic chat...

When we're not discussing the sheep...

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Booksy

EW, I don't want to know you had sex through a RJ-45 Jack cable.
    I feel sticky now .

And with that... this thread just joined the list.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

We all know about Deeprun Tram but I'm wondering if other mmorpgs have famous locations like this one in WoW.

Deeprun Tram?  What, with Monty in the same room?

One time in the beta of SWG Jump to Lightspeed, I wandered into the Keren cantina and these two female Twis were carrying on something fierce, dancing face to face close and purring at each other in spatial.

I politely backed out the door.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

WoW comes to mind most easily. The inn in any and every level 6 part of a starting zone. Goldshire, Dolanaar, etc.

Actually, the inns in most games in which people do cyber, has cybering rather more often than other places.

Trust try and ignore them, poor saps.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• tupodawg999tupodawg999 Member UncommonPosts: 724

I'd say Inns as well. Many times in EQ you could be searching Inn rooms for a quest NPC and there'd be a couple sitting on the bed.

• KnightsoulKnightsoul Member UncommonPosts: 31

I testify I heard 2 players cyberyin' in a Jobe apartment of Anarchy Online mmorpg .....4 years ago.

And still I don't know if they were eterosexuals or not.....  

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

West Commonlands Inn huts?

• ursinursin Member Posts: 148

i feel dirty just reading this thread....

"We aren't going to ... Period. End of statement."

ya. ok. whatever.

but what do i know, i'm only a vanbois i'm told.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by SioBabble

Deeprun Tram?  What, with Monty in the same room?

One time in the beta of SWG Jump to Lightspeed, I wandered into the Keren cantina and these two female Twis were carrying on something fierce, dancing face to face close and purring at each other in spatial.

I politely backed out the door.

My first week in SWG I was visiting the Bestine Cantina and saw this "oh oh yes do it baby, oh yes" in my spacial, looked over by the front door and saw to my horror, a male Trandoshan virtually eating out a female Twi. I know lore wise Trandoshans eat their young but I guess crotch is also on the menu. Anyways another player walked in the door and said "How pathetic, you guys are lame, get a real girl" the Twi'lek replied "I am a real girl" and he walked out shaking his head in disgust. lol

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798

Anarchy Online: one of the smaller rooms at Reet Retreat, until they found out the main dance floor was within vicinity chat range. Didn't take long. :-p

• reetinreetin Member Posts: 70

Well let's see, Second life is pretty much a cyber paradise, Final fantasy from what i know of has only a little bit of cybering but that is typically in a Mog House or something (i know this from friends.) AOC would be more or less another cyber paradise because of the boobs. yeah, but i dont know of any major places. I know my friend and I always saw we are cybering when someone asks what we are donig in FFXI, like if we were killing mobs and they say "hey whats up" we just bull shit with them and say we are cybering to see their reaction.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Starbucks.

Oh wait, you mean in the game?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

In FFXI you take your date to Rulude Gardens in Jeuno then back to your mog house (conviniently located nearby).  If she's more outdoors/wilderness type, you can always take her to Valkurm Dunes and sit on the beaches and watch the sunset (always works  )

In DAoC you always have privacy in your house.  If you're too poor to afford one, you can always use the top floor of the guildhouse,  everyone does know that if a sock is on the handle of the guild house not to enter right?

FFXI was built around cybering.  Why else would a Taru (me) while sitting down in the right spot between an Elvaan female's legs (my wife) who's kneeling look right?  doing the /laugh emote in that position just looks right to me   yeah I'm crazy, I know it.  

P.S. It also works on kneeling Mithra and Humes too!  Or walk up behind them kneeling and use the /welcome emote.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

Everquest2 at least on antonia bayle the West freeport Bloodhaze inn.

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I have seen people cybering all over the place in almost every game ever.

I never understood it, personally. Why would I want to get laid in a game, when I could go talk to a guy and maybe get laid in RL?

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Originally posted by Dubhlaith

I have seen people cybering all over the place in almost every game ever.
    I never understood it, personally. Why would I want to get laid in a game, when I could go talk to a guy and maybe get laid in RL?

I love it when you talk dirty!

• argos5argos5 Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Starbucks.

Oh wait, you mean in the game?

LOL. Starbucks? You serious?