Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like the members on this site?

13»

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Consensus

I put a jihad on all of you.

..Well your on The List and your in bold face type..no less!..

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by x_rast_x
    I'm mixed.
    I like the people on this site because they bring a variety of perspectives from many different styles of gaming.  I never would have tried DDO, or EQ2, or Eve (which I eventually stuck with) if I hadn't heard about them here.  As I'm getting up in age myself (just turned 30 last week) it's also nice to see a fresh, new-school perspective on things and new gamers join the fold with their own preferences and perspectives on things.
    I hate the fact that fanbois, haters, and elitists tend to congregate here.  Every other thread seems to degenerate into some kind of flame war amongst people who think MMOs are an online recreation of the Highlander and there Can Be Only One MMO left standing at the end of the day, just look at the ongoing 20 page threadknot that's 5 pages of useful discussion and 15 pages of sandbox and themepark gamers flaming each other.

I love this site, and I tend to like the people here for just this reason. We are an eclectic group here, and I like to hear and discuss things with people that may not agree with me. This is the only way we learn about other things.

I do dislike the anger that can come from these arguments. (I love the Highlander thing.)

By the way, what does that girl have to do with Eve?

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• tiffanyfeitiffanyfei Member Posts: 2

it's hard to say...opinions towards the games differ from people to people. always, some person much enjoy the game while some much hate it. however, suggestions are helpful to the improvement of mmorpg.

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by JustTalking

Originally posted by Korby

Yes, i don't dislike people because they have an opinion that may not mesh with my own.

What about when those people force their opinions on others?

/which most of the people on this site do.

Voted NO.

My statement would remain unchanged.

A forced opinion can be ignored or it can be argued, usually i choose to ignore it....but i don't 'hate' a person for trying to force an opinion.

I'm a gamer talking to other gamers about a group of subjects we're not always going to see eye to eye on, arguments and ruffled feathers is part of the territory, it's how you handle it that matters.

Dislike and hate are two totally different things.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

I love everybody!

Er...well no, not really. But I don't dislike the people here, otherwise I wouldn't bother posting here.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

There's a small select few that I have blocked but other than that I get a good laugh from most of hte posters here.  As was stated earlier opposing viewpoints do not determine whether or not I "like" someone.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

hate is a bit personal, so i guess i haven't made any personal enemies yet to hate as I'm fairly new... and like ... well i've read some decent reviews i've like and some semi-intelligent posts... the peeps here seem decent at least so far.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

Been a member here for awhile,and have never blocked anyone. love hearing everyone's opinions on certain games.  Just remember we all share a common interest and it is cool to discuss opinions on different games. Happy new year ;)

• lvlanooblvlanoob Member Posts: 75

I think the majority of the people try to give their opinion in a mature way.

SOME people just want to come on and attack other people . I don't think they are the majority - they are just the loudest. It's only a game site ppl, so chillz.

---------------------------------
    Mean People Suck

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206

Dislike and hate are two totally different things.

*sigh* Very well.

My statement would still remain unchanged.

A forced opinion can be ignored or it can be argued, usually i choose to ignore it....but i don't dislike a person for trying to force an opinion.

I'm a gamer talking to other gamers about a group of subjects we're not always going to see eye to eye on, arguments and ruffled feathers is part of the territory, it's how you handle it that matters.

• dongfeifeidongfeifei Member Posts: 4

ok~as they all love mmorpg games , i treat them as my allies~

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

I like anyone with an opinion they at least try to defend.  And by that I mean they have thought about it and come to their own conclusion.  Not a conclusion given to them by some media source or large organization.

And by defend, I also mean absolutely doing it in a respectful and decent way to people as well.

I'd say at this site it's about 50/50.  I've seen some really nice folks and some people that I'd rather see just leave.  Especially when a new game comes out.  The people I'd like to leave seem to go to the new game forums like moths to a light.  They just can't wait to bash someone else's game to no end.

===============================

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

not really, all i hear fron this site is moan moan moan...argue argue argue..troll troll troll

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Everybody is pretty cool here and I enjoy debates and conversations here, but there are just as much people who are a pain than people who are cool. I can deal with it though.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos