Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Blacksmithing and Tailoring Runic Bonuses

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's own V D writes this helpful guide to Blacksmithing and Tailoring Runic Bonuses in Ultima Online.

Crafting an item using a Runic Crafting Tool results in a random magic item property (or properties) being added to that item. The number of properties that are added to the crafted object and the minimum and maximum % intensity of each property are determined by the type of material the Runic tool is constructed from.

Read Blacksmithing and Tailoring Runic Bonuses

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193

Nice guide.

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

Yeah useful and makes me miss my home near Trinsic....   Ahh the good old days

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Funny article because when EA added this feature they doomed the game.  UO was fine when items were not critical to pve or pvp.  When they added all these specialed items they significantly changed that.  it was no longer about the smith's skill, it was about the items the smith had to acquire.  All it did was give a huge boost to the gold sellers.  The Age of Shadows still is one of the worst expansions ever in the MMO genre.  The game never recovered from that disaster.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Funny article because when EA added this feature they doomed the game.  UO was fine when items were not critical to pve or pvp.  When they added all these specialed items they significantly changed that.  it was no longer about the smith's skill, it was about the items the smith had to acquire.  All it did was give a huge boost to the gold sellers.  The Age of Shadows still is one of the worst expansions ever in the MMO genre.  The game never recovered from that disaster.

What he said.

• legacyhaxlegacyhax Member UncommonPosts: 31

Wow, who would have thought that something for Ultima Online would have come about.  Great guide and it still amazes me how much the game has changed.