Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like the members on this site?

Comments

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684

Yes & No.

Don't mind most posters, but there is folks who just can't argue on a normal level. Myself I'd like a conversation where you act in the same way if it was IRL.

• Relentless02Relentless02 Member UncommonPosts: 126

It's just like the real world, some people are awesome, some people suck, and some are in between.

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Seggallion

Yes & No.
    Don't mind most posters, but there is folks who just can't argue on a normal level. Myself I'd like a conversation where you act in the same way if it was IRL.

In my experiences there isn't a 'normal' level where arguments are concerned, just a less mad one.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by redcap036

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by redcap036

..Your all on..The List!

Hey, could you make a notation of "eggs, milk, and new Playboy" next to my name? That'll take care of this weeks shopping.

Thanks.

...Skim or... plain milk?

Soy. Vanilla flavored, if they have it.

..Vanilla flavored Soy?....pussy!

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

everyone is a noob/troll onn this site for me i take nothing seriously they say about a game whatsoever since i know theyr just a bunch of noobs etc hell i dont evne bother reading posts anymore that is longer then 3-4 lines since its just blabla whine whine i suck im a bad player so please remove that feature

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Tbh, its a rather irrelevant measure to be here. I enjoy exchanging views, if polite even controversy. I have no dislikes here, maybe a few grudges, but nothing that lasts. In the end, its just a game forum, so I try to take it easy. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I hate you all.  Except for Zorvan.  I love Zorvan.  Even if he IS a woman.  Please don't tell my husband.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

Why would people stay if they dont like the other people?? What I see on this site is that alot of people are very passionate about their games, whether that is a love or hate relationship....... Too many people only want to hear things that they agree with......The great thing about a big site like this is that you get alot of opinions...... I used to go to sites that were fansites of certain games and I really dont like them..... It was just "oh our game is perfect" and "this is the best game ever" blah blah blah.....If you said a negative word against that game you got lambasted and labeled as a traitor basically.....

The only bad thing is that sometimes it is hard to get a feel for certain games here...... If we have a thread on "do you like AoC?" half the people would love it and half would hate it.......YOu just have to consider all opinions, think of what you like and dont like in your games, then weigh both sides and make a decision.......I also throw out some of them by the way they write their posts....If they use alot of "l33t sp34k" or say things like "it suxxors" and crap like that then I tend to throw out their view because they sound childish......

Another thing people have to remember is where a person is at in their view on a game......What I mean by that is are they jsut starting the game or have they been playing for awhile?? Have they played several other MMOs?? What things are they saying are gamebreaking for them? They may not be an issue to others.......You also have to consider that we dont all have the same PCs....Some have top of the line, some mediocre, others can barely run WoW........Also some people are more technically savvy than others.......They may know how to optomize a certain game so that it runs better or looks better than another person.......Theres alot of reasons why some people like certain games and hate other games......

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

I'm kinda 50/50 on this. There are quite a few people I like and quite a few people I hate on these forums.

In general, I like reading intelligible, insightful posts from members of this community. Contrastingly I hate ignorant trolls who make statements without thinking or putting any effort into their arguement.

But then theres also the grey area of trolls who just flame someone really hard. They can be funny at times. Especially when it backfires on them.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823

Define ‘like’? If you mean do people here always agree with me or have the same interests as me that is the shallow definition of ‘like’ I hope we all leave behind us when we hit twenty. As we only ‘know’ people here from a few posts I doubt we can form any real judgment about them.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Why wouldn't I like them. Just because we all have different opinions about gaming doesn't mean we should dislike people.

• vet-in-exilevet-in-exile Member Posts: 239

This site used to be the best mmorpg-centric site on the internet. Now it's a haven for viral marketing and the site administration cares more about their advertising dollars than its members.

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641
    Originally posted by vet-in-exile

This site used to be the best mmorpg-centric site on the internet. Now it's a haven for viral marketing and the site administration cares more about their advertising dollars than its members.

It's still by FAR the best mmorpg-centric site on the net by a longshot.

• FuxeyFuxey Member Posts: 9

I've only been here for a day. And it is great.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

There is a few members I'd like to see wiped out, but all in all can be a fun time or whine fest. Lately mostly getting whine with that cheese since the mmorpg industry isn't pleasing too many.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by JustTalking

Yes, i don't dislike people because they have an opinion that may not mesh with my own.

What about when those people force their opinions on others?

/which most of the people on this site do.

Voted NO.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Im gonna have to say yes but there were a few wow fanbois that trolled the WAR fourms through release that were a pain in the ass.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I think i like about 1% of the people in this site. Not as many probably like me

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I put a jihad on all of you.

My blog: image

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

I like the site and the posters here (mostly).  If I didn't - I wouldn't be here.

I am concerned that the site seems to be a bit more after advertising (as Vet-in-exile said).

Don't much care for the rabid one-eyed fanbois though.  Would love to see the mods get a bit tougher on a few of them.  Fortunately most of them don't seem to last long here though.

One thing I really do like about this site is that some of the people here have a real insight to games and MMOs and how they work and what makes them tick.

In some cases...more than some of the Developers of late.

It's interesting sometimes to see posts pre-release about a game's weaknesses and flaws and then see how it actually goes post release.

Some of the posters here are very 'prophetic'.

I think Devs should perhaps pay a bit more attention?

Contrary to what some people seem to think and say about this site I think most of the people here actually want MMOS to succeed.  They want to play good MMOs.

Many of the negatives pointed out here are things people actually want fixed - they don't post just to complain.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

I like the posters on this site in general.......though some of the posts make me want to 

No signature, I don't have a pen

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Korby

Yes, i don't dislike people because they have an opinion that may not mesh with my own.

Voted NO.

My statement would remain unchanged.

A forced opinion can be ignored or it can be argued, usually i choose to ignore it....but i don't 'hate' a person for trying to force an opinion.

I'm a gamer talking to other gamers about a group of subjects we're not always going to see eye to eye on, arguments and ruffled feathers is part of the territory, it's how you handle it that matters.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

This site is a mix of people asking open ended questions and people pushing their agenda on others which creates a bad mix.

Plus the site has its own agenda. Notice that when people are slating a new mmo and its ratings are dropping like lead that the entire site is just one giant banner ad for it?

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

Originally posted by Korby

Voted NO.

My statement would remain unchanged.

A forced opinion can be ignored or it can be argued, usually i choose to ignore it....but i don't 'hate' a person for trying to force an opinion.

I'm a gamer talking to other gamers about a group of subjects we're not always going to see eye to eye on, arguments and ruffled feathers is part of the territory, it's how you handle it that matters.

You said it as I would say it myself... Even after the rebuttal. 

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

You should have a "not bothered either way" option to select when voting.