Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, about them Level Synchs...

PezDSpencerPezDSpencer Member UncommonPosts: 111

Well, I just re-subbed to the game, and I'm really hoping that it's just my server choice that's messing with me.  I'm on Asura, and I realize that THF isn't really highly valued (even though I am 15, SA anyone?) , I have YET to recieve a dunezz party invite.  However, I have gotten into three level synch parties (all of which sucked, the exp was slower than soloing easy and DC mobs). 

So the question I pose to all you fine peoples out there is this:  has my server gone to sh*t in the year that I've left it, or is this level synch jacking with the system?

---
He said to me, "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Comments

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Well first off, little known fact ... parties in the Dunes are slower than soloing EP and DCs ... always has. You are in the dune in a party to learn your job and learn how it interacts with others. If you know that and you have a melee job you can pretty much skip the dunes and collect in jeuno at 20.

As far as THF goes ... honestly I have heard people having a lot of problems with it on Asura. Personally I took it to 75 before level sync and I guess I just hit a wave and rode it to the end. Really I had no problem.

Level Sync can work 2 ways. Either you are 1) trying to party with friends and you want them to scale down to you or 2) looking for just one or two more people and you are looking for someone else to come help.

The first is pretty self explanitory, the second you are looking at filling specific roles. You need a healer, or a tank or what not. THF is a very specific job which is Sneak Attack + Trick Attack (a.k.a. SATA) The role is hate control. THF is a pretty important player in a party and I have never seen a single party not like having a THF or bitching that they should have something else (less they need a healer or tank). Past 30 you should have no problem and once you get higher you will be asked to sync down more than likelu. Getting to 30 is the issue since you currently don't bring anything to the table. The only positive you have is your high evasion which can help with pulling but that will only really take off once you get Utsuemi from your /NIN at 24.

So right now we have to get you from 15 to 24 ... I'd continue killing those DCs to 20 then move and lfp in qufim ... There are still plenty of parties there. In fact since Level Sync I have seen more and more. There were days when I was looking to get into a party that the zone was empty.

Also look towards Fields of Valor (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fields_of_Valor) you can get bonus exp for killing mobs you are already killing anyway which can be cool. In Qufim we were getting books and getting a bonus 700 exp for about 10 mobs. It is like a bonus exp ring charge once every Vana'dielan day.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

As long as you have SA ,you are a much valued player,more so than most every job at that level.The trick is to get off 2x SA a fight,you of course load up SA just before the pull,then you easily get another Sa mid fight,if it is crabs then they can sometimes take forever with no BLM.so you could even be the fight ender with a 3rd SA.

The problem with the game and the way XP works is that sometimes ONE level can kill it,hard to believe but it just does,becuase Xp is rated off the highest level player not the group.I havn't played the mentor system,but if it allows all to mentor to the lowest level player,then XP should never be a problem.

There is of course certain times in the game,that you need a blm or later on a rdm,that is on CRABS.a party can struggle on the crabs in the dunes with no blm.There is also the zone outside of the desert around level 50 where crabs are a big problem with no rdm,so there will be times in the game that XP will struggle a bit.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PezDSpencerPezDSpencer Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by ic0n67

Well first off, little known fact ... parties in the Dunes are slower than soloing EP and DCs ... always has.

Not with a PL.  Back when I was leveling SAM, I got into a party that was chaining 300xp mobs.  It was fantastic.

---
    He said to me, "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

I leveled thief in the Dunes years ago, but even then my job was not wanted in Dune parties, I ended up starting my own parties a few times. Don't be afraid to take the innitiative!! I don't know how synching works, because now I solo and I'm between LS's :(

However Thief was a lot more in demand once I hit 30, or so it used to be. :)

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by PezDSpencer

Well first off, little known fact ... parties in the Dunes are slower than soloing EP and DCs ... always has.

Not with a PL.  Back when I was leveling SAM, I got into a party that was chaining 300xp mobs.  It was fantastic.

Ahemm i mentioned this in a thread long ago,and someone tried to actually refute it saying i was lying about people using PL'rs lol.I was mentioning that parties were very tough to make or get into now days and i mentioned that MANY were using PL'rs.

Anyhow,there is no question that THF before 15 is maybe the worst job in the game lol.They offer nothing to the party,but that never mattered to me.I would take ANY job in a party with me,i just liked to play and have fun.The biggest peeves i have is players that worry about gear,there xp/hr and people using DMG report tools.I could not care less if the RDM was doing the most damage in our group as long as we were having fun.I do not care about your sub job nor your gear ,as long as the group can function decent enough ,that is all that matters.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Even possible without a PL. I've had many parties in the Dunes cranking in some awesome xp... Just need a group of players who play at least well and are fighting the appropriate mobs for their level (that last part always seems to be the trick...)

Some of my fastest xp has come from Dunes parties. One of my best to date at those levels, though, was in Maze of Shakhrami, back when people actually used to party there... I'm talking like... the first months after FFXI came out in the US, to put  a time frame on it; before everyone started going to the Dunes.

I think it all boils down to a combination of things...

- Good timing

- Good players

- Well rounded parties

- Enough mobs to keep pulls coming consistently.

There are times when I can barely step foot in the Dunes and the invites are flying, and there are times where it takes a bit of searching. I notice there are "waves" that seem to move through the game. If you can catch one of those waves, you'll  be out of there and on to Qufim in a couple days, tops. Other times it can take 3 or 4 days.

As for THF in particular, I've never had trouble finding a group as a THF... even before level 15. 'course *after* 15 people like you a lot more, but I think people realize at those levels you kinda have to temper your expectations. People can be pretty unreasonable going into the Dunes, expecting xp to roll in like a high level merit party.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Yeah i just caught a wave and took SCH from 13 to 37 in 4 days.

Yeah i just caught a wave and took SCH from 13 to 37 in 4 days.

Damn. I'd say you caught a tsunami lol.

That's awesome :)

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

I don't know. I got DRG from 10 to 60 in two weeks. That's with me actually stopping some inbetween there. Of course there were times I was over 20 levels behind on my weapon skills...

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

Originally posted by Satimasu

I don't know. I got DRG from 10 to 60 in two weeks. That's with me actually stopping some inbetween there. Of course there were times I was over 20 levels behind on my weapon skills...

Damn.. and I thought I got DRG up pretty fast.

Was this during or after the "lolDRG" phase?

This is good information, though, to have out there. Certainly shows there's a very positive flip-side to all the "it takes too long to level" comments that come about.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

They were the last couple of weeks. There never was a lol(insertjobhere) to me. I thought that stuff was garbage. Ugh, don't get me started on it.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

Originally posted by Satimasu

They were the last couple of weeks. There never was a lol(insertjobhere) to me. I thought that stuff was garbage. Ugh, don't get me started on it.

A big /agree on that.

I was leveling it before the changes to 2H weapons and such and yeah... it was annoying.

Though I did still get pretty consistent invites. Once the changes hit, they only increased... especially in the Aht Urghan areas, for the Colibri, Imps (frigging amnesia ><), etc...

Though I do have a funny story about DRG.

When I was out in Qufim, at like level 22,  there was a guy who, for some reason, seemed dead-set and determined to demoralize me and talk me out of leveling DRG. A party I was in with him right outside Delkfutt's Tower had just disbanded, and I was going back to Jeuno.

The entire run entailed the following conversation.I don't remember the exact dialog but it went something like this:

Him: "You know you'll never get invites on DRG"

Me: "Yeah, so I hear. But it's okay. People do hit 75 and I enjoy the job, so I'll deal with it"

Him: "Well, doesn't matter... no one likes DRG. You'll never get invites past level 25 unless it's friends"

Me: "Funny, I heard that about getting to 20.. No one would invite me in the Dunes, but I got through there in a couple days"

Him: "Well, it definitely happens at 25. Trust me. I know"

Me: "Okay, well, we'll see how it goes. I'll deal with it when it happens"

Him: "You're wasting your time. No one will invite you. I'm telling you."

Me: "Yes, I get it. DRG isn't popular and invites will be slow"

Him: "Don't get mad at me. I'm just trying to help"

Me: "Help with what? You've done nothing but repeat the same thing since I left there. DRG's don't get invites... yes, I've heard that before."

Him: "Whatever, man. Have it your way. You'll see I'm right"

After that I didn't talk to him again.

2 days later, I was already through Qufim and  into the Jungles, level 26 or so. I did a search of Qufim and he was still level 22... with his search flag up (he was playing SAM by the way).

I thought "heh... no invites, indeed"

Couple days after that I was level 33 and leveling in Garlaige. I saw the other guy in L. Jeuno on my way to the AH. Did a /sea of his name (I hate checking people), and he was still SAM, still with his seek flag up.. still only level 24.

A few days later... and I kid you not... I saw him  as Dragoon.

I could only laugh.

I got DRG to 75 quite quickly, and was already high 60s when they implemented those adjustments to 2H weapons..

Now all of a sudden people who used to rag on me for being "lolDRG" are running around leveling it. A friend of mine and I will joke around about it.. "Make way for the bandwagon jumpers!"

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Well, I just re-subbed to the game, and I'm really hoping that it's just my server choice that's messing with me.  I'm on Asura, and I realize that THF isn't really highly valued (even though I am 15, SA anyone?) , I have YET to recieve a dunezz party invite.  However, I have gotten into three level synch parties (all of which sucked, the exp was slower than soloing easy and DC mobs). 

So the question I pose to all you fine peoples out there is this:  has my server gone to sh*t in the year that I've left it, or is this level synch jacking with the system?

I cant speak of Asura as i've not played on it but LeveSync is what you make of it.  I keep a range that i'm comfortable with being in and won't gimp my skillups too drastically and I make parties frequently where I'm the one being synched to as well.  Just do a /sea all on your server and see what you get.  I play on Bismarck and Pandy and they have around 1800 and 1500 respectivly during the week.  Pandy is just over 1100 right now but it's still considered holidays and not prime time anywhere really except in EU.  Bismarck never drops below 1200 (that i recall seeing).  Hope you find more invites as the game really is a great one.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"