Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't waste your time.

Bully508Bully508 Member Posts: 1

I've been in and out of Regnum Online since Beta. It had all the makings of a great game at one point. There were so many bugs and crashes when it came out of beta it was hard to believe they released it so early, but everyone forgave them because they were a small group of 8 trying their best. It's about a year and a half now since Beta and the whole thing has gone downhill fast. Many of the bugs have been fixed but many more still exist since the beta stage. Mobs teleport all over, characters are still hollow, and many of the class specific skills still don't work among many other things. The lag in RO is the absolute worst I have ever seen in a MMORPG and the problem is, you don't even get to find out how bad it is until you've leveled up for weeks/months and are in the warzone. RO is a processor based game so you'll need very good equipment to run it and take advantage of any decent graphics. This also makes it run very slowly on dual and quad core machines due to the fact it will only run on 1 processor. As for free, it depends on your definition of 'free'. it's free to download and it's free to play but it has become next to impossible to level any character without buying premium content. Every new update brings new changes that make leveling harder for the sole intent of selling premium. If you don't mind putting money into your gaming it's fine but don't buy into the 'free' part. At one time players could object to changes brought on by updates if they were against them but now there is a full time moderater to delete and close posts and bann players who speak negatively about NGD Studios or RO and it's changes. My biggest issue is the lack of class balance in the game. At first I thought they just couldn't get it right then I saw something else. Character powers are always being dramatically changed so if you've leveled one class suddenly it's next to useless and you have to level a different class to remain competitive. Again, a tactic to sell premium. The developers seem to have problems coming up with original ideas for premium so they just make the game undesirable without premium. I personally think it's too bad about the direction they've taken over the last couple of years. It could have been a great game. If only they'd listened to what the players wanted. Or maybe the small group of 8 bit off more than they can chew. Hopefully it's not too late to save the game.

Bully

www.homeofbully.piczo.com

Comments

• tuathailtuathail Member Posts: 17

Although I agree on some points you said, I must point out that you are exaggerating a little bit.

The game has been enhanced a lot in this year I have been playing, and it's totally unfair to say things like you said. I also know that they are only 8 that probably are biting more than they can chew, but, using your words, I thing that this game can get even better.

I know about the problems that the game has, and balance is one of them, but they told us they are training people to do this, I believe in them because even if time passed on by a little, they always answered or showed hard work. But, leaving this aside, they must be more professional... in this, I agree.

So, the game has its flaws, but I can't leave because it has a lot of good too. I don't think it's a downward spiral they are into, I think its a time of transition and change which will prepare them to face a new stage...

• valoriusvalorius Member Posts: 22

I am forced to agree with Bully.

As one of the most experienced "Top scoring" players in Regnum online, my advice is, "Don't waste your time on this flaming piece of crap. "

BTW, FAR from being 'advanced in the last year', Regnum has gone BACKWARDS with update after update.

The original release was a FAR better and more enjoyable game. The newest version (with invasions) is pure crap.

• roahnroahn Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by valorius

As one of the most experienced "Top scoring" players in Regnum online, my advice is, "Don't waste your time on this flaming piece of crap. "

Ah, Valorius, you never change. Funny how highly you regard your "high score" in a video game. Your profile says you are 40, but I suspect it's closer to 14. I have seen you play, generally attacking people who are AFK or weak people half-dead from leveling. Most people in my realm call you "Val Runaway" or "Val Raceaway" because of how you run away from even one active challenger. There are many people in your realm that are very well respected... but you are not one of them, sorry to say.

• tuathailtuathail Member Posts: 17

BTW, FAR from being 'advanced in the last year', Regnum has gone BACKWARDS with update after update.
    The original release was a FAR better and more enjoyable game. The newest version (with invasions) is pure crap.

LOL!

Oh my god, this is so hilarious!

This update was the best ever... the game is getting more and more exciting, I haven't seen you in a long long time and of course, because you can't stay too much time in a game due to your "bitchness".

You should learn not to shout at everyone and get to know how much this game offers in RvR. Not for your classic hit and run.

Shame on you! Regnum rocks!

This update lets premium players spend real money for EPIC items(armor and weapons), something that NGD swore it would NEVER allow (for game balance/play to be affected by premium items)

This update is an unmitigated disaster.

• Eager352Eager352 Member Posts: 9

This update lets premium players spend real money for EPIC items(armor and weapons), something that NGD swore it would NEVER allow (for game balance/play to be affected by premium items)
    This update is an unmitigated disaster.

The items that you obtain by the giftbox can be obtained by loot too... I think that this isn't so good, but it is fair........

i've seen this in other games too, you're being too harsh

It's wrong in other games too. BTW< if i can simply buy something, vs having to spend hours upon hours trying to loot something, it is hardly 'fair', since the premium purchaser can get his Platinum lock boxes instantly, and as many as he wants just by buying premium.

The free player might have to grind for 12 hours just to get one lockbox, whereas the premium player can buy 10 at once, and be all set to go in 5 minutes.

This is a HUGE imbalance that favors premium players, and is exactly what NGD SWORE it would never allow.

• Renegade90Renegade90 Member Posts: 2

come on now how much of a difference do you seriously think a few good  items will make in pvp?  Sure it's helpful but skill is still required mind you.....but for your sake i won't regard skill in terms of you personally

Items make a HUGE difference in regnum. Magic items boost 1 stat(or skill), and Epic items(which a premium player can buy) have 3 boosts on them.

It makes an enormous difference.

• 210paul210paul Member Posts: 2

The item isnt even guaranteed to be for your class, also its possible for archers to get say something with +str, useless, this hardly shows unbalance since if someone wants to risk their cash for a possibly good Item that might be for their class (other wise sell it) then thats there option, anyone reading this should proberly know that Val is a huge Regnum hater by the way

This game has a pretty crappy first 30 or so levels, but join a clan, meet some people grind to 30 in just over a week, then take your time for 50, One of regnums strongest points is that If you know were to look you will find one of the best online communitys around,

As allways if you join, and you happen to join then read the tutorial and find out about the game, ask questions and stick with it

I do not 'hate' regnum, it's just sad to see how the dev's screwed the game up. So no need to flame( Paul 210 is a chronic flamer.)

But 210 raises another interesting point- NGD sells these lockboxes and they're very expensive in real money, and most often you get absolutely nothing useful from them. There is a thread on the NGD forums basically accusing NGD of ripping people off.

http://212.214.41.26/forum/showthread.php?t=34899

And of course these people want platinum boxes to ALWAYS drop epic items, which would in fact be far far worse, becuase then you could simply "buy greatness" in the game with no risk at all.

Note also in the forums that there are several threads with people complaining about all the skills/nerfs from this last update. Basically NGD totally shuffled play balance and skills for all classes in this last update- something they can't ever seem to stop doing- messing with already working skills which constantly screws with class balance.

It really is a shame, because far from being a hater, i have brought over 100 players to the game in the last year and change. Almost all of whom left because of NGD's constant screwing with skills, and the massive lag.

As far as the regnum comminity, it's no better or worse than any other MMO i've played.

• NkstdNkstd Member Posts: 1

I have participated in Regnum Online since beta 6 so I have an extensive vision (not so much as the ones that be since the beta 1).

Before  the last updating the 90% of the play depended on the luck due to skills as Precise block, Spell Elude etc..., the game was being became  bored but  we didn´t know that they were implementing since months ago the system of the Invasions which although has failures has revolutionized and motivated Regnum.

Many skills lack for revising, to eliminate, to redo but although continue existing a small one inbalance no longer you depend on the luck, need to know to play and to have strategy.

We cannot intend that overnight all this solved and that the balance be as to all ourselves want because is impossible.

Tthey are a small business which to done well and continues trying to improve little by little.

In its moment some changes disappointed me but despues of a time one realizes that are necessary so that the play be but stable and amusing for all.

For me the items premium are in a phase "beta".

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

LOL well im downloading it now, I am perma retired from wow and I dont want to pay for any of the new games. This is the only one I found with RVR worth a flip and more than one race.. all I wanted was one beast race lol.

But Curiously how good is the crafting and how deep or how different can one spec be form another?

I tend to make odd specs.

I tend to have a suicide glass cannon playstyle so dont get too mad at me.

• GidSlackGidSlack Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by Faelsun

LOL well im downloading it now, I am perma retired from wow and I dont want to pay for any of the new games. This is the only one I found with RVR worth a flip and more than one race.. all I wanted was one beast race lol.

But Curiously how good is the crafting and how deep or how different can one spec be form another?
    I tend to make odd specs.

I tend to have a suicide glass cannon playstyle so dont get too mad at me.

There is no crafting in the game right now (developers say it may be introduced in the future, but is not a priority).  Though there is resource gathering to turn in for epic quest weapons.

In terms of build specs, this is not a typical pvp game like Guild Wars where there is "one build to rule them all".   Since it's RvR (essentially team-based), every class/build has its place.  Check out the official forums to see discussion of different builds.

If you like suicidal glass cannon types, then you might want to try the Barbarian, which is the offensive melee class.  They have massive offensive attacks, but die frequently since they are in the frontlines with the enemy.   People love them though, since they look so cool when they're charging into battle :)

Edit:  The game also has unlimited free build respecs which is unusual for a f2p game. 

• ZixoZixo Member Posts: 15

In no other game I felt excitment when I got new spell and how it will work in pvp, well later you will get to most frequent, but there is still something what is your very own.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

My "problem" is I have been lied to so many times by game companys...and have tried so many games that were a waste of time that I have a very low tolerance for anything buy exactly what I'm looking for...or my stay in a new game is very short.This game has rvr with 3 realms and that hooked me immediatly(I'm an old DAOC junkie...looking for my next fix).However...the graphics in this game appear to be 10 years old And for me that kills all possible immersion.Also no craftine.I hung in there for an hour...then closed the game up and started to look for the "add/remove program" tab.

• ramsli11ramsli11 Member Posts: 5

I don't know how you can say the graphics in Regnum look 10 years old.. if you have actually played in shader 4.0 with max graphics it looks amazing - I play on 2.0 because of a older machine but I still enjoy the graphics a lot - Fancy graphics aren't enough to keep me in a game though. It's the war in Regnum that keeps me coming back.

If people look on the Regnum Forums they will see that NGD has fixed many bugs that were plaguing the game since beta. http://blog.regnumonlinegame.com/?p=233&ref=nf <-- NGD's new Blog shows what there currently working on.

http://www.facebook.com/regnumonline?ref=ts

Wish someone would update the images on this game here. Most of these images are ones that came fresh out of beta..