Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New Open RVR changes have made this game OUTSTANDING !!

Yesterday Tier 3 Keep Sieges and RVR on Iron Rock were fantastic.  We were attacking and defending for hours.   Focusing on taking the Keeps but having skirmishes all over the RVR zone and at the Objectives. 

You can build RVR influence now to get gear thats very good.   So now RVR offers XP, RP, INF, Keep Loot Bags, Player Loot and influence rewards.  Plenty of incentive now for people to RVR.  

Today was tops though.   I decided to roll a Witch Elf on Azazel and take him into the Tier 1 RVR zone at rank 6.   WOW !!  Non-stop action, only a wife aggro took me away or I'd still be playing and not typing this post lol.  There must have been 30 players on each side flying all over the RVR zone.  Going back and forth between Objectives.   This was the most fun i've had in Warhammer since day 1 and the best PVP experience i've had since Utlima Online server wars back in 1997 !  

I'm very happy I decided to stick it out and give the developers time to make changes to improve gameplay.   As I stated before, making a   PVP system is difficult and a constantly changing process.    You won't get it right from day 1.   You just hope they get it right by day 365 :)  So far so good.   

Comments

• VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by GungaDin

Yesterday Tier 3 Keep Sieges and RVR on Iron Rock were fantastic.  We were attacking and defending for hours.   Focusing on taking the Keeps but having skirmishes all over the RVR zone and at the Objectives. 
    You can build RVR influence now to get gear thats very good.   So now RVR offers XP, RP, INF, Keep Loot Bags, Player Loot and influence rewards.  Plenty of incentive now for people to RVR.  
    Today was tops though.   I decided to roll a Witch Elf on Azazel and take him into the Tier 1 RVR zone at rank 6.   WOW !!  Non-stop action, only a wife aggro took me away or I'd still be playing and not typing this post lol.  There must have been 30 players on each side flying all over the RVR zone.  Going back and forth between Objectives.   This was the most fun i've had in Warhammer since day 1 and the best PVP experience i've had since Utlima Online server wars back in 1997 !  
    I'm very happy I decided to stick it out and give the developers time to make changes to improve gameplay.   As I stated before, making a   PVP system is difficult and a constantly changing process.    You won't get it right from day 1.   You just hope they get it right by day 365 :)  So far so good.   

The game is more stable with two new classes but thats about it. It's still the same shallow game it was at release. The PVP is pretty pointless right now. Flipping BO are like turning the light switch off and on. Zerg there then they zerg back.  Game has pretty much turned into WoW battleground Lite game play.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    Originally posted by Vistaakah

The game is more stable with two new classes but thats about it. It's still the same shallow game it was at release. The PVP is pretty pointless right now. Flipping BO are like turning the light switch off and on. Zerg there then they zerg back.  Game has pretty much turned into WoW battleground Lite game play.

You know, a few days ago I would have responded with some jerk comment or try to defend this game in an angry manner.  I think deep down even I had doubt about the game and its future.  

But after witnessing the recent changes and how committed this company is to making this game work, I'm just too damn happy lol.  I can't wait till my wife hits the sack and I can play till dawn.   

I'm a happy MMO gamer again.   Sticks and stones can break my bones but any negative posts about this game will not get a rouse out of me anymore.  My doubt is gone, this game is good.  

Thx for the reply, have a nice day :)

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

resubed  and i didnt even RvR today   just did gunbad once again....1.1   is awesome

man i missed the game......Red Eye Mountain was crazy last night....the place for RvR

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Yo.

It does feel like a different game tbh. Surprising what loot rewards can do to gamers eh? Ever since patch1.1a theres oRvR going on in all 3 pairings on my server most of the time lol.

Well I think Mythic deserve the credit they're getting concerning this change. It turned the game on it's head.

Now if only they could pour more effort into improving performance...

Cheers!

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

ya mythic did a really good job with the first part of the patch. rvr is 100 times more active on both of my servers now so its been really fun the last few days. i really wanna see what they have planned fo the rest of the patch

• NightbladeX1NightbladeX1 Member Posts: 201

Yes, and what happens when people finish the grind to max renown rank?

• MagterMagter Member Posts: 289

Originally posted by Vistaakah

You know, a few days ago I would have responded with some jerk comment or try to defend this game in an angry manner.  I think deep down even I had doubt about the game and its future.  

But after witnessing the recent changes and how committed this company is to making this game work, I'm just too damn happy lol.  I can't wait till my wife hits the sack and I can play till dawn.   

I'm a happy MMO gamer again.   Sticks and stones can break my bones but any negative posts about this game will not get a rouse out of me anymore.  My doubt is gone, this game is good.  

Thx for the reply, have a nice day :)

OWNED!       

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Praag has had great RVR since the patch.   I have been cancelling scenarios and happily due to all the RVR action.  I had high hopes for this patch and was not dissapointed.

• mediumplanetmediumplanet Member Posts: 13

too bad core of the game is flowed

• OrionManOrionMan Member Posts: 423

Too bad it still looks like you have a eggplant stuck up your arse running about. WAR takes the price of the most clunky game of 2008.

• lordsn0wlordsn0w Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by OrionMan

Too bad it still looks like you have a eggplant stuck up your arse running about. WAR takes the price of the most clunky game of 2008.

Glad you came out, here is your toaster.

• JaelumJaelum Member UncommonPosts: 25

The Open RvR has been incredible across all tiers - I'm very surprised that everyone has responded so well to the new incentives.  My only complaint is that now I can't get a scenario! 

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556
    Originally posted by mediumplanet

too bad core of the game is flowed

I hate it when a game flows.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by NightbladeX1

Yes, and what happens when people finish the grind to max renown rank?

well this is a rather silly question. The same thing will happen with any MMO when someone maxes out. They will wait for new content, and hopefully major new content will be out soon when the majority are near RR80. Hopefully they would of made RR80 a heavy grind just to get to it though.

• markos1007markos1007 Member Posts: 4

if i was lvl 40 archmage is it worth playing again?

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

OP:

Are you sure the change in player dedication to oRvR is not just temporary due to recent changes and something that isn't gonna dissapear after they "have tried it"?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

Originally posted by DuraheLL

OP:

Are you sure the change in player dedication to oRvR is not just temporary due to recent changes and something that isn't gonna dissapear after they "have tried it"?

Tried what? lol.

As long as Mythic keeps on adding great gear and loot and expanding inf bars for open RvR, oRvR zones will stay busy.

Plus they said this was the 1rst step of many towards rendering orvr popular so that's only the start and people are loving it.

OP:

Good question.  It depends on what type of gamer you are.   See for me, just PVP alone is enough of a reward.  I don't need gear or loot drops.  

For instance, on my Shadow Warrior I already have the set piece drops from the keep lords, but I'm still doing the Keep Raids and defending them because its just too much fun.

I look at the game as a shooter almost.  Its that fast and addicting to me.  The battles alone are enough to keep me happy.   There is no endgame for me because its PVP.  The end of the game is when we kill off the enemy raiding the keep, then i go to bed lol.  Then tomorrow endgame starts all over for me.  Thats how you have to look at a PVP game.  Thats why this game is great, you arent killing the same lair Boss every night.  You don't know if Destruction or Order will win most of the battles that night you log on.  Am i gonna kill 20 people or am i gonna be spending most of my night at the healer myself.  

When I used to PVP in Ultima Online, the only incentive to PVP was name recognition and the thrill you got from actually defeating someone or an enemy group in battle.  There was no major loot drops (player looting :) but that wasnt that big a deal) or influence rewards.  We would log on to pick a fight anywhere.  Whether it was killing a miner or defending a player run meeting in a tavern.  

Now thats me.  However, with all the recent MMO games, they have forgotten those core game mechanics (or never witnessed them), so Loot and Rewards drive the games now.  Everyone rushes to level cap and get to endgame etc.  I don't understand this honestly.  You want to enjoy the ride and this game is great for that if you take your time and do the RVR , PQ's , and scenarios as you go up in the Tiers.  

I hope the RVR doenst die down after people have acquired the gear.  It would be a real shame, but you make a valid point.

Originally posted by Electriceye

OP:

Tried what? lol.

As long as Mythic keeps on adding great gear and loot and expanding inf bars for open RvR, oRvR zones will stay busy.

Plus they said this was the 1rst step of many towards rendering orvr popular so that's only the start and people are loving it.

Yea, like I stated above, I dont need the incentives.  Only the people to kill lol.  But your right, they will just keep adding content and incentives to the Open RVR zones.  They now know thats what they need to do to get more of the population into that area.  

Originally posted by Electriceye

OP:

Tried what? lol.

Yea, like I stated above, I dont need the incentives.  Only the people to kill lol.  But your right, they will just keep adding content and incentives to the Open RVR zones.  They now know thats what they need to do to get more of the population into that area.  

Yep.

www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php

Now that oRvR is working, they won't rest on their laurels.

• JudgeThaneJudgeThane Member UncommonPosts: 63

Excuse my noobishness but how does one claim the new gear after participating in oRVR?

By the way this game is GREAT.   :)

• SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

you have to go to a rally master and you arent a noob you just need to learn everybody has to its part of life :D

Thanks for the nice reply Slovenc.

So for ORVR rewards I go to a RM just as I would after a PQ? Also, I was in a WB yesterday and we took a keep and then there was a loot roll just like in a PQ what was that about? I am in T3 but still don't understand all the rvr stuff and especially rolling for loot after taking keep.

• SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

well when u kill the keep lord you roll for loot and if you get enough points (due to contribution and random roll put together) u can get awsome loot and then a chest appears and u can loot it and get an elite epic or  rare item... or uncommon :P the same like in pqs.... hope this helps.. if not ask me more precisely :D

I actually still need a confirmation on one thing but rather then be all noobish I kinda want to seek the answer out myself whenever my damn server comes back online, Monolith is shut down for emergency maintenance.  :(

Anyway, thanks for the answers and if it doesn't come back soon then I will give in to the noobishness and ask.  lol