Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one that doesn't play much PvP?

LydeckLydeck Member Posts: 80

Maybe it's because I haven't completed all the missions yet, as I'm currently still playing EoTN. But I bought the game last winter, took a break in the spring, and started back up a couple weeks ago. And so far, I've only done two matches of PvP.

Am I weird? lol I just get a lot of enjoyment from the PvE.

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Not at all. It took me a good while to get into PvP. Once I finished all the PvE missions and had acquired a few titles I wanted I switched over to PvP, which I now do almost exclusively on a casual basis.

• ralexpdxralexpdx Member UncommonPosts: 4

Nope. I very rarely play PvP. I'd rather PvE or Craft things, I am not good at PvP at all actually.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

I barely PvP and like the others have said I your not odd at all. If anything your most likely the norm.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Probably not. Most likely not. Especially not if you don't count AB as PvP, which it really isn't - it's just running in circles and killing NPCs. Of course I'd suggest you to try out PvP in Guild Wars since PvP is truly great, especially HA and GvG. And avoid judging PvP solely on playing RA as that's just about getting a monk and some non-retards and you win.

• HangryBearHangryBear Member Posts: 4

I don't PvP much at all....usually just during the festivals. In fact, I pretty much play exclusively with henchies and heroes in PVE, too. I hate having people tell me what build I should be using.

Wow....guess I'm really introverted even for a nerd, huh 

Originally posted by HangryBear

I don't PvP much at all....usually just during the festivals. In fact, I pretty much play exclusively with henchies and heroes in PVE, too. I hate having people tell me what build I should be using.
    Wow....guess I'm really introverted even for a nerd, huh 

Your builds must be good if you can solo the entire game... I nvr worry about my builds if I like them. My derv build would be considered odd but I can hold my own pretty well with it.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

I don't PvP at all ... not even the non-pvp hero-stuff

odd really, i bought a PvP based game to PvE   :D

• HangryBearHangryBear Member Posts: 4

Not good enough to solo the entire game by any means, but I have been able to do a good part of it. I just try to avoid PuGing if I can. My mesmer is pretty self-sufficient so it's fun for me, which is all that matters.

• RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118

I'm not much of a PvP (in any game) fan.  Back when I first started GW when it came out, my guild ran a lot of the PvE stuff and once we hit 20 we started to tackle PvP; that was about the point that I stopped getting interested in the game actually.  Now though, I'm going back through by myself (and the NPCs) and having a lot of fun.  Sometimes I think it'd be nice to join a guild for help with missions, but I imagine that most of the places that are recruiting are probably wanting people for PvP so I just duck back down and continue doing my own thing. :/

------------------------------------------------------------
    You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

Originally posted by Rocktober

I'm not much of a PvP (in any game) fan.  Back when I first started GW when it came out, my guild ran a lot of the PvE stuff and once we hit 20 we started to tackle PvP; that was about the point that I stopped getting interested in the game actually.  Now though, I'm going back through by myself (and the NPCs) and having a lot of fun.  Sometimes I think it'd be nice to join a guild for help with missions, but I imagine that most of the places that are recruiting are probably wanting people for PvP so I just duck back down and continue doing my own thing. :/

Not true. I actually believe that most guilds don't do PvP. Just ask before you join. Guilds do make the game more fun.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

Originally posted by almerel
    Originally posted by HangryBear  I don't PvP much at all....usually just during the festivals. In fact, I pretty much play exclusively with henchies and heroes in PVE, too. I hate having people tell me what build I should be using.
    Wow....guess I'm really introverted even for a nerd, huh image

Your builds must be good if you can solo the entire game... I nvr worry about my builds if I like them. My derv build would be considered odd but I can hold my own pretty well with it.

Doing Hard Mode with Heroes and Henchmen isn't that very hard except for the last parts of every campaign were being two people with six heroes usually is sufficient.

• Shaggy67Shaggy67 Member Posts: 76

There are a lot of people that don't PvP much. A lot of people in my guild including myself concentrate on PvE part of the game. I do AB for faction points and the special PvP areas are fun during celebrations. Tried a little hero battles noticed in the daily tournaments every one seemed to have the same sin build. I didn't know what that was but  didn't take long for me to lose.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Rocktober

Sometimes I think it'd be nice to join a guild for help with missions, but I imagine that most of the places that are recruiting are probably wanting people for PvP so I just duck back down and continue doing my own thing. :/

this is a late reply

but theres plenty of PVE guilds recruiting

PVE Guild Recruitment

www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/forumdisplay.php

• sectorrrrsectorrrr Member Posts: 7

The pvp in GW isnt that popular like old days,when international district in one ordinary day was up to 15 districts,now max 3 and only 1 active.Guild Wars used to be full of pvpers but they all left the game ;/

Originally posted by sectorrrr
     The pvp in GW isnt that popular like old days,when international district in one ordinary day was up to 15 districts,now max 3 and only 1 active.Guild Wars used to be full of pvpers but they all left the game ;/

No, no and... no. First: all means everyone and if that was the case then there wouldn't be a single person in PvP at all, which there is. And if you click observe you can see that there's numerous GvG, HA and HB battles that you can observe, as well as large amounts of additional battles that can't be observed. PvP in GW is far from dead.

Originally posted by Godliest

No, no and... no. First: all means everyone and if that was the case then there wouldn't be a single person in PvP at all, which there is. And if you click observe you can see that there's numerous GvG, HA and HB battles that you can observe, as well as large amounts of additional battles that can't be observed. PvP in GW is far from dead.

Dude I played PvP GW almost 4 years over 6k hours,I think I know what im saying ;]There will be always matches in observer mode,but i dont think in top200 there are more than 50 guilds active and HA isnt what it was used to be.Now things are so different.The skill balancer Izzy fails almost at everty update and more and more pvpers leave.Just to ask you-Why Asians quit gw? a)they saw that things are getting worse and worse so they just quit before its too late b)one day they just stopped like that c)Oh w8 there were asian players playing gw :?

~Sector

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

The secondary class system was the only thing about Guild Wars pvp that really bothered me.  While I like pvp in principle, I haven't found a game that did pvp really well since Infantry.  I occasionally did a bit of pvp in Guild Wars, but mostly I did pve. 

Dude I played PvP GW almost 4 years over 6k hours,I think I know what im saying ;]There will be always matches in observer mode,but i dont think in top200 there are more than 50 guilds active and HA isnt what it was used to be.Now things are so different.The skill balancer Izzy fails almost at everty update and more and more pvpers leave.Just to ask you-Why Asians quit gw? a)they saw that things are getting worse and worse so they just quit before its too late b)one day they just stopped like that c)Oh w8 there were asian players playing gw :?
    ~Sector 

If you can back up any of that with numbers then I'll listen, but my experience has clearly been very different to yours.

Originally posted by Lydon

~Sector 

If you can back up any of that with numbers then I'll listen, but my experience has clearly been very different to yours.

I can back  up it with accaunt /age.I wont flame,because I know im right,but we can talk via PM or i can just write more.Btw if answer to my question please :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

There will be always matches in observer mode,but i dont think in top200 there are more than 50 guilds active and HA isnt what it was used to be.Now things are so different.
    ~Sector

I do not PVP

but the Top 1000 Guilds in the PVP Ladder - looks active to me

www.guildwars.com/competitive/ladder/default.php

I can back  up it with accaunt /age.I wont flame,because I know im right,but we can talk via PM or i can just write more.Btw if answer to my question please :)

Haha, account age doesn't prove much at all. I'm sorry but just because you bought the game in its early stages and may have logged quite a few hours, it in no way makes you an expert of PvP.

And with regards to your question - the number of Asians playing Guild Wars has always been dwarfed by most other regions. During my early days I tried Asian districts and they were always near empty as opposed to the European and American districts thriving with people.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

A lot of people ( I mean a crap load) never touch PVP so much so that GW2 will be a heck of a lot more PVE centric.

Originally posted by Lydon

Haha, account age doesn't prove much at all. I'm sorry but just because you bought the game in its early stages and may have logged quite a few hours, it in no way makes you an expert of PvP.

And with regards to your question - the number of Asians playing Guild Wars has always been dwarfed by most other regions. During my early days I tried Asian districts and they were always near empty as opposed to the European and American districts thriving with people.

need any screens?but here is not the place to prove my epeen..

need any screens?but here is not the place to prove my epeen..

Which part of "account age doesn't prove much at all" didn't you understand?

• OrbieOrbie Member Posts: 5

I like PVE, gaming is about exploring the digital world, and its fun to level up and get new equips, play with the virtual economy...

Sometimes PVPers can be pretty offensive.  The 'competition' goes to their head,  the knuckleheads should be selected first in the next draft.