Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARHAMMER ONLINE IS A GREAT PVP GAME, IT PLAYS FINE !!

I had posted before how people left WAR to play the new expansions and would most likely return in January or so.  I was wrong, the migration back has already begun.  

Scenarios and Open RVR are out of control on both the Destruction and Order servers I play.  Guild mates that left for the expansions are now back in full force, complaining how poor the expansions were and how they miss the PVP in WAR.  

I love how all these Trolls bash the game.  I'm in the game right now and all I can say is WOW (no pun intended).  The action is non-stop and this weekend has been the most fun i've had in an MMO in a long time.

I know alot of people returned from LOTRO and WOW, but this is unreal.  I think the 2 new classes helped, but i'm seeing increased activity up to tier 3.  

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know the truth about the game.  Sure it has bugs etc, but you can enjoy this game in every aspect without any major problems.  

BEST PVP you will find in an MMO with this type of setting (orcs, mages, swords).  No question about it.  This is the only MMO i'm playing right now.   I've closed all my other game accounts.  Its that good, trust me.  

So if anyone is questioning playing the game based on most of the idiotic comments posted on these forums, YOU ARE MISSING OUT !  

******* I had to edit the title, I forgot how people Trolls forums of games they do not play.   This post is for people looking for feedback about playing Warhammer Online.  

******* To put it simple, the game plays fine, its not broken.  I really like the PVP aspects

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

In your opinion, I feel much different about WAR.   Thats why we have alot of mmo's

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

i actually just renewed my account today but i didn't leave for an expansion but just bored with all mmos really, came back to try the new classes but to only learn AFTER i renewed i can't make them yet because i didn't do some event bs?

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

You will get them on Monday or Tuesday I think.  Don't worry, its gonna be a good thing because a ton of people will be starting out with you.  So PQ's and scenarios will be packed.  

That way you can really test out the class and see if you like it. 

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by GungaDin

You will get them on Monday or Tuesday I think.  Don't worry, its gonna be a good thing because a ton of people will be starting out with you.  So PQ's and scenarios will be packed.  

o cool ty

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

WoW is not sweating. Every time someone says "People are leaving, this game is going to die!" WoW picks up another million players. It'll be around for a long time, like it or not.

WAR is my current game of choice and I am still having a lot of fun with it, but it in now way will threaten WoW's dominance of the MMO industry.

As for LotRO, I'm seeing a lot of positive buzz about the expansion and the folks who already loved playing LotRO are still there and not leaving. It'll never be a 250k subsciber game (I'm guessing it's in the low to mid 100k), but it's enough to turn a profit and keep it going. Again, it's not going anywhere and I'm sure Turbine isn't sweating it.

Just because you have people you "know" in WAR who left and came back is no indication of another MMO's eminent failure.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

If you trust the X-fire statistics then the game have been pretty stable the last 3 weeks, neither up or down. Fine enough since it seems to have stopped losing players and stabilized finally now.

Still, if there was a true migration the statistic would rise.

I think many of the "new" players are alts, surely some player are back but the game are still bleeding in EU because GOAs incompetence so it is not noticable in the statsitic. Otherwise you can usually see when things happen there (Like WOTLK release, big down).

WAR is not a bad game but I'm not starting again until it really is finnished, I wait until everything is patched in. When the 4 missing citys goes live Ill start again (possibly on a US account instead), they will probably be the last content they patch in. They did release it way too early and that have cost them.

• I seriously doubt this. 

First off none of the major flaws of WAR have been fixed, Mythic has tried but they don't know what they are doing.   It seems weird that they guys who made up the term RvR can't actually make a game with RvR.  But that is the way it is I guess.  A campaign with very litte/no strategy is not much good.

Second off, in terms of Mines of Moria there is no overriding reason that a significant number of people who liked LOTRO before hand would dislike Moria and there is no way they have finished tweaking a character for it yet.  Maybe run the instances and gotten to 60 sure, but finished the Watcher, have the LI they want.  Nope no way.

And if they were going back to LOTRO in the hopes of some excellent PvP then they are just stupid.  PvMP is fine for what it is worth but anyone not realizing that MoM is a PvE expansion is brain dead.

So in other words.  BS.  WAR is still broken with its farce of RvR and anyone coming back this quickly from LOTRO is a dumbass or just plain fickle anyway; they simply don't like the game and bought it anyway their opinion is crap.

I wish this wasn't true.  I like aspects of WAR, but its RvR and world design is a farce.  That is just the sad fact.  It seems like its a fixable farce, but its obvious Mythic doesn't really have a clue how and so far has done nothing substantive to adjust the flaws.

Your right, i'm shouldnt say its over for WOW and LOTRO.  Only that people that like the PVP style in WAR will most likely not be hangin out in the new expansions long.  2 different game styles.  

But I think the excitement factor of the new expansions is slowing down based on my experience with players returning from WOW and LOTRO.  

Hey, I played LOTRO from BETA up until 2 weeks ago.  I just prefer more PVP and grow tired of WOW clones.  If WAR was released when LOTRO was, I never would have even played LOTRO.

• HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203

I'm glad you are enjoying the game but the combat seems stiff and I really don't feel involved like I do with WoW and LOTR so that's why I left. I hope they improve on that...

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Yeah, WAR is fine if you're a PvP-oriented player. But I think Mythic have under-estimated the desire for PvE and questing among the general MMO playerbase - that's tragically absent in WAR and I think it's always going to hamper WAR's development because PvE'ers won't play it. Why couldn't they have developed a game that had all the cool PvP stuff in it that it has, and put in a meaningful PvE quest-based side as well?

Your right, i'm shouldnt say its over for WOW and LOTRO.  Only that people that like the PVP style in WAR will most likely not be hangin out in the new expansions long.  2 different game styles.  
    But I think the excitement factor of the new expansions is slowing down based on my experience with players returning from WOW and LOTRO.  
    Hey, I played LOTRO from BETA up until 2 weeks ago.  I just prefer more PVP and grow tired of WOW clones.  If WAR was released when LOTRO was, I never would have even played LOTRO.

Lotr is FAR form a WOW clone, if anything bar the pvp WAR is much more comparable to wow then lotr...  just an observation on my part.. 

And as I have said in the past, WOW is just another clone of many games before it. 

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

be happy u live in the US and not in Europe cause WAR EU is dead..

and to the guy who said  "xfire shows its stable last 3 weeks" if u took the trouble to click on the gamelink u see the played hours a day/week have been going down the last 3 weeks. but im pretty sure thats just the EU players leaving the dead game

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

Originally posted by gestalt11

I seriously doubt this. 

First off none of the major flaws of WAR have been fixed, Mythic has tried but they don't know what they are doing.   It seems weird that they guys who made up the term RvR can't actually make a game with RvR.  But that is the way it is I guess.  A campaign with very litte/no strategy is not much good.

Second off, in terms of Mines of Moria there is no overriding reason that a significant number of people who liked LOTRO before hand would dislike Moria and there is no way they have finished tweaking a character for it yet.  Maybe run the instances and gotten to 60 sure, but finished the Watcher, have the LI they want.  Nope no way.

And if they were going back to LOTRO in the hopes of some excellent PvP then they are just stupid.  PvMP is fine for what it is worth but anyone not realizing that MoM is a PvE expansion is brain dead.

So in other words.  BS.  WAR is still broken with its farce of RvR and anyone coming back this quickly from LOTRO is a dumbass or just plain fickle anyway; they simply don't like the game and bought it anyway their opinion is crap.

I wish this wasn't true.  I like aspects of WAR, but its RvR and world design is a farce.  That is just the sad fact.  It seems like its a fixable farce, but its obvious Mythic doesn't really have a clue how and so far has done nothing substantive to adjust the flaws.

You have over 3000 posts and zero clue.  Its a PVP based game, do you know how hard it is to make that type of game compared with WOW or LOTRO?  Its very difficult and from my time in WAR, i can say they have done a great job in all aspects.  

Yes things need to be fixed , but PVP is a learning process.   Mythic has been patching and fixing all the time trying to improve gameplay.   

How can you say its a broken game if I myself left LOTRO after playing since beta?  Do you think i'd quit for a broken game?  

I played Camelot for a long time till mad end expansions ruined it and I feel Mythic did a Great job ( prob the best) on pvp play.

Yet in my opinion War is nothing but a fragment of what Camelot was and could of been

• Originally posted by GungaDin

Sigh.  Doesn't this ring alarm bells in your head.  Don't worry?

What if there are not enough people around?  Then 3/4 of the time a good amount of content can't be run.  Further the 1-3 tiers actually contribute to Tier 4 zone control.

The world design is insane.  I mean you even know it is screwed up yet seem to be ignoring this. 

Fine lets say there are enough people for 3 weeks.  Then the lower tiers quickly get more and more sparse like anyone with an IQ over 50 could have told mythic in Beta, and did tell them. 

Throw in the fact that people actually need to log off their tier 4 char, abandon a RvR zone and logon to their rarely played and definitely not wanting any xp t3 alt to cap t3 so that they can get t4 zone control.   

Not only do you have an experience that is very unfriendly to new players, you also have a situation where "endgame" players must abandon the action in favor of an alt for which they actually do not want any xp on.

The whole t1-3 experience is becoming not just worthless but actually dragging down the t4.  And the way it is designed to be so heavily population dependent creates a huge barrier for new players.

This is possibly the worst MMO design ever created once the game reaches the 6 month point.  Most games get better with age. 

WAR actually gets worse and worse with age because the design's flaws have a greater and greater deleterious effect as time wears on the players advance.

Originally posted by gracefield

Yeah, WAR is fine if you're a PvP-oriented player. But I think Mythic have under-estimated the desire for PvE and questing among the general MMO playerbase - that's tragically absent in WAR and I think it's always going to hamper WAR's development because PvE'ers won't play it. Why couldn't they have developed a game that had all the cool PvP stuff in it that it has, and put in a meaningful PvE quest-based side as well?

Good pts.  Maybe i'm just too old school from playing Ultima Online (Pre-Trammel) where loot  didnt matter and player encounters and interaction mattered more.

I'll tell you what though Grace, the PQ's, lairs and some of dungeons are actually alot of fun to do as far as PVE goes.  I have no problem doing the PVE in WAR when the RVR is slow.  

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I think a portion of the players who left early, no doubt have already returned or plan to.  Too many players were too quick to jump ship and realized they didnt give the game or Mythic a chance to deal with the initial launch and issues that may have entailed.  I play on Praag and the past few weeks, PQ's have been the busiest I have seen since launch, RVR has been back and forth and scenarios are within a minute or so.  Also, the server is med/med even during some primetime hours.  Also, no doubt, the new has worn off the expansions of other games...I have said it before and will again, the WAR has just begun...

• Originally posted by GungaDin

I seriously doubt this. 

You have over 3000 posts and zero clue.  Its a PVP based game, do you know how hard it is to make that type of game compared with WOW or LOTRO?  Its very difficult and from my time in WAR, i can say they have done a great job in all aspects.  

Yes things need to be fixed , but PVP is a learning process.   Mythic has been patching and fixing all the time trying to improve gameplay.   

How can you say its a broken game if I myself left LOTRO after playing since beta?  Do you think i'd quit for a broken game?  

I know that you left it for a broken game.  Because the game is obviously broken. 

Come on do you really believe zone control has been working well for the last 2-3 months?

I mean get serious.  No one in their right mind can say that.

Are you going to seriously say zone control is not fundamentally important in T4?  That is just provably the case no point in even debating.

Games has been broken since release.  From the tier design, to the way they spread people out, to the disfunctional campaign. 

No clue?  Projection much?  Yeah I have a very good clue.  The design is borked.

The only people playing now are the ones who want a big ass brawl with very little strategy and some excuse to gear up.  It is a shell of what it is meant to be.

I agree with whoever posted earlier that WAR will not beat out wow in subs...But I also dont think, that is or should be the goal.  The goal of WAR should be, to be the best PVP MMO on the market with at least very good PvE and a sub base of 1 mill.  WAR does not need to beat wow numbers to be a magnificent success.  For players like me, I will never resub to wow.  I play WAR, and it is the best PVP on the market today IMO.  WAR did beat wow in 1 respect...and that is the battle for my $15 a month.

Sigh.  Doesn't this ring alarm bells in your head.  Don't worry?

What if there are not enough people around?  Then 3/4 of the time a good amount of content can't be run.  Further the 1-3 tiers actually contribute to Tier 4 zone control.

The world design is insane.  I mean you even know it is screwed up yet seem to be ignoring this. 

Fine lets say there are enough people for 3 weeks.  Then the lower tiers quickly get more and more sparse like anyone with an IQ over 50 could have told mythic in Beta, and did tell them. 

Throw in the fact that people actually need to log off their tier 4 char, abandon a RvR zone and logon to their rarely played and definitely not wanting any xp t3 alt to cap t3 so that they can get t4 zone control.   

Not only do you have an experience that is very unfriendly to new players, you also have a situation where "endgame" players must abandon the action in favor of an alt for which they actually do not want any xp on.

The whole t1-3 experience is becoming not just worthless but actually dragging down the t4.  And the way it is designed to be so heavily population dependent creates a huge barrier for new players.

This is possibly the worst MMO design ever created once the game reaches the 6 month point.  Most games get better with age. 

WAR actually gets worse and worse with age because the design's flaws have a greater and greater deleterious effect as time wears on the players advance.

And in all the other MMO's , what are the starter zones like?  HMMMMM?  Clueless you are.  Ex. all the lvl 50 players are in MORIA.  You think they are gonna be running CD runs?

Think before you type.  

The RVR can be hindered in this aspect, I agree with you.  But after tier 1 ive seen no major problems. Tier 2 is good and Tier 3 has been great.  Once more and more people get to the final tier (like the endgame content in WOW and LOTRO, things will be fine, just like in those games.  

See the one thing you forget to mention is that its so easy to level and play new classes.  I have 7 different toons at various tiers.   I'm sure others do too.  This makes finding action pretty easy.  

Originally posted by Tyvolus1

I agree with whoever posted earlier that WAR will not beat out wow in subs...But I also dont think, that is or should be the goal.  The goal of WAR should be, to be the best PVP MMO on the market with at least very good PvE and a sub base of 1 mill.  WAR does not need to beat wow numbers to be a magnificent success.  For players like me, I will never resub to wow.  I play WAR, and it is the best PVP on the market today IMO.  WAR did beat wow in 1 respect...and that is the battle for my $15 a month.

Exactly.  My whole point is that the game plays fine.  

If you like WOW and LOTRO PVE , then your gonna stay there.  If you like PVP then you might stick with WAR.  

I choose PVP others choose PVE.  But don't slam WAR for being broken or not playable.  Thats just not true at all.  

I just had to vent because of all these comments from people who havent played the game or didnt play long enough.   Reading about how the game is broken etc just ticked me off.  

Sorry for being a bit harsh to some of ya.  This was meant to be a post about WAR being a good game that is running strong. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by 3on1

be happy u live in the US and not in Europe cause WAR EU is dead..
    and to the guy who said  "xfire shows its stable last 3 weeks" if u took the trouble to click on the gamelink u see the played hours a day/week have been going down the last 3 weeks. but im pretty sure thats just the EU players leaving the dead game

It looks pretty much stable to me for the last 2 1/2 weeks: www.xfire.com/games/who/Warhammer_Online_Age_of_Reckoning/ Yeah, I said 3 weeks so I had 2 days off or so.... And I checked the link before I posted off course.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

LOTRO is doing great it dose not have asmany members as WoW but it is holding a strong number. The server im on alone has about 100k-300k players on at all times. It was in the mill back when MoM was released but it died down because well..most the ppl were and once again no offence WoWtards. I played woW for 1 mounth got to 60 and quit. So yea im not bashing any games or anyone just giving an update on LOTRO. I have seen so many ppl posting  "LOTRO is dead" ect ect..and it gets a bit anoying after a while

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

OP, I just love how your original post is based on so many facts and figures and not your typical "a guild mate told me..." or "I met a guy that knows a guy who heard of a guy that..." If I were Blizzard or Turbine I'd by shivering in my boots...what with a playerbase of only like 20 times the size of Warhammer's, WoW's exodus shouldn't take too long. 

Originally posted by peteski123

I played Camelot for a long time till mad end expansions ruined it and I feel Mythic did a Great job ( prob the best) on pvp play.
    Yet in my opinion War is nothing but a fragment of what Camelot was and could of been

Of course it should also be said that WAR has been out a fragment of the time Camelot has been.