Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 80 and 90 armor

SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

Level 70 to 80 prices in armor sets is ridiculous. The 70 armor is 350k per piece, while the ghost warrior (80) armor is 2 million per. The level 90 armor set costs around 5m per piece. I noticed that the shogun boxes drop from minibosses only, which is a drastic reduction from pyramid boxes, which at least dropped from regular enemies.

Comments

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Eh I'm a newbie and I'm not sure if that sounds like a lot, because at level 14 I make thousands of gold pretty easily while doing quests o.O

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• kokoro-chinkokoro-chin Member Posts: 181

That does sound awfully expensive... But maybe they were priced that way because it's really that rare to find/craft those equipments? Maybe it was 'designed' that way so that it will encourage the high level players to create their own equips or something...

• dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218

It is priced that way simply because it is hard to craft them at the most, The workload for each and the effort needed to level your crafting to such level.  It requires a lot of money which most of goes down the drain even if you sell it unless you get lucky crafting +4s or +5s. As for the drop rate, the boxes is not in the normal drop rate list and as Slappan said, they drop from minibosses around that level.

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Slappan

Level 70 to 80 prices in armor sets is ridiculous. The 70 armor is 350k per piece, while the ghost warrior (80) armor is 2 million per. The level 90 armor set costs around 5m per piece. I noticed that the shogun boxes drop from minibosses only, which is a drastic reduction from pyramid boxes, which at least dropped from regular enemies.

Did you expect it would be as easy at level 80 as at lvl 10 with spirit armors ?

If you just power level to lvl 80+ without making yourself a cash income, of course money runs dry.

There are tons of crafting skills, find yourself a market and make your own cash.

Did you expect to be spoon fed till lvl 100 with a spartan on top ?

nuff said

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by vladww

Did you expect it would be as easy at level 80 as at lvl 10 with spirit armors ?

If you just power level to lvl 80+ without making yourself a cash income, of course money runs dry.

There are tons of crafting skills, find yourself a market and make your own cash.

nuff said

I agree with him. As a matter of fact, i'm starting to loose my hope with spartans. I am researching on the questline and it seems to be hard, expensive and a lot of work. But we'll see. I'm currently at level 65 taking my time to level bow and armor crafting with a side of action and crystal crafting. ^-^

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by vladww

nuff said

You can't power level without making any money. The mere fact that you reached 80+ means that you eaarned money and items from killing monsters. I'm level 94 without any crafting skill, but I make good enough money to buy +2 dragon and +3 ghost warrior gear. Still doesn't change the fact that box drop rates are terrible.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

At later levels it is best if you use your guild to the fullest.  I'm almost all Grabber with some pieces of Golden Dragon.  Making a 3man Guild party is the best way to get this I think.  Usually for 4-5 hours (depending on when my partymates get online) we're grinding it out to get the boxes.  My healer friend in the party has full Golden Dragon (omgz hax lol), but that's because he's lucky lol.

• ZinraeZinrae Member Posts: 50

Right now the really high level people just gamble to get most of their equipe boxes. i.e. go buy 50m in boxes and gamble 250 at a time or something, and get conq and frozen boxes. It's a lot cheaper than crafting them, and you get a lot more than you would farming.

The Gold Dragon stuff you can't get this way though. There are no equip boxes for it that I know of, it's crafting only.

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

I've never tried buying a lot of lower leveled boxes. Do you have a rough estimate of the chance of getting a conqueror box from De Mere with this? The only conqueror equipment I have, I got from a miniboss in the tower of Babel.