Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Order Quiting?

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by EduardoASG

its not order only im afraid.
    Regardng the order issue, Mythic should have promoted the order side right from the start. We all know kids tend to go to the dest side especially after beeing slapped by their mothers for bad behavior ;)

This is stupid..when Alliance was overpopulated in WoW everybody said that it was because little kids all wanted to play Legolas...and now that more people play destruction in a pvp oriented game, it's because only little kids want to play as big bad ass races?

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398
    Originally posted by Draenor

Originally posted by EduardoASG

its not order only im afraid.
    Regardng the order issue, Mythic should have promoted the order side right from the start. We all know kids tend to go to the dest side especially after beeing slapped by their mothers for bad behavior ;)

This is stupid..when Alliance was overpopulated in WoW everybody said that it was because little kids all wanted to play Legolas...and now that more people play destruction in a pvp oriented game, it's because only little kids want to play as big bad ass races?

Well, WoW attracted alot of kid that's true, in WAR i met more young men (20+) and adults than in WoW, which would explain the difference in approach.

But the main difference in WAR is that if you want to play a sexy baddy, you play a dark elf, and the chaos characters aren't as ugly as the undead characters from wow.

Destruction classes all look much better than Order classes, where all the characters look so bland... completely uninspiring. It has nothing to do with the IP imo, it's just bad design choice. Elven didn't skirts everywhere, and dwarves could have been a little bulkier.

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203

Mythic should have created three sides instead of just destruction and order. If one side gets to big two sides could attack them.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

And how would they manage to accomplish that, given the particular IP?

Originally posted by Xasapis

And how would they manage to accomplish that, given the particular IP?

Warhammer is a big world. I reckon there are undeads, ogres and other civilizations in the eastern area of the world. I'm sure there could have been ways to accomodate 3 factions in the war universe. They just didn't try.

My addiction History:

• noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287

Having played both Order and Destruction, there is definatly a problem in that Destruction is much "cooler" in look, feel, and fun.

Mythic do need to make Order more attractive to play, mounted Brittionian Knights would be good, giant eagles, or even a small dragon. Now that would get players excited about being good :)

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793
    Originally posted by Darcknyght

RvR is destine to fail in general. It's one of those types of games that is fun at first but after awhile it gets so repetative that its not even worth your time anymore.
    I agree. The problem is though, that you are set on which side you can play. I agree with another player saying that SWG Pre-cu did it right in which people could switch and spy on others. The problem with rvr as well is that you need more than just simple fighting, you need much more depth for it to be truely immersive. You need war camps with people drawing out battle plans, spies,  etc etc etc.
    IMHO i think for a RvR game to be sucessful it needs PvE content that is unique to each side so it makes people want to experiance it. The way this game is its basically the same thing for both sides with little to no rewards. Ive played order ive play destruction and each sides quests where the same nothing special to bring to each side to make them unique.
    I agree to a certian extent. But thie thing is even then it would get boring and tiresome. What they need is to make a way that quests actually shape the game world you are in. What the destruction side save a key figure about to get hung? Well then, that key figure should form a raiding party of npcs and raid a war camp of the orders and have it been taken over... thats really a small example but.. the thing is with quests.. is that they are bland and will continue to be until they make a difference.
    Which i know is hard to do in a MMO because the work that has to be done i can imagine for just 10 quests is butt load of work in that itself.
    Actually i could sit down and in one day probably come up with more content quest wise then Nordland and norsca, and a few others combined. Many of the quests are just "oh they are a problem, please kill them, oh and kill 30 of them please. Anyway you get my point, quests need to chage the world a bit at a time. They need to make a difference.
    But its those few developers who make it a point to have unique quests and unique aspects of the game that only one side can experiance is what can make a RvR game.
    Agreed. The thing is though, they needed to not rush a game out. I mean EA was backing them and they should have just finished the other classes, capitals, and started with less servers. It boggles my mind that they started with so many servers. Thats just asking for trouble, tactically speaking.
    All and all the quests seem bland kill x of y and courier quests. They really need to start thinking outside the box these days... im mean seriously.. its what? 2008?

Anywho just my rants and two cents. All and all I will say that at least they are improving.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    Originally posted by fiontar

Originally posted by Warmaker

You roll Order if you're a charitable person.  What I mean is... if you want to give lots of points to Destro players by getting steamrolled all the time.

That's not true on my server. Order seems to win at least 60% of the time.

As to the main issue, I think it's multifaceted.

Some people just don't like the order races.

Some people don't like the order classes (even though each class has a close mirror on the other side, I've found that the destruction mirror almost always has some game play advantages in design).

Some people don't like the Order armor set designs.

Some people just prefer to play the "evil" side.

Plus a lot of variations on the above.

Mythic made a preventable mistake by designing a game where ALL the above factors favor one side. Maybe they looked at WoW and wanted to counter act the Horde disadvantage seen there. If so, they went way too far the other way.

I prefer the good side. I have few problems with the Order character models.

I DO have to admit that most Destruction classes are more fun to play than their mirror. I think the armor design for Order side are poor compared to most example on destruction.

I doubt we will see a major armor redesign any time soon. Some minor tweaks could possibly help though.

A number of order classes really need an overhaul. I'd actually balance a little in favor of Order to try to counter the current Destruction preference advantage.

Well, Yes and No. You must remember that pretty much everything you see in Warhammer Online comes straight out of Games Workshops Warhammer universe. That means Mythics hands are tied becuase all the art work, design and lore is already in place.

The yes part is that they chose to make a game based on the Warhammer universe.

• dinanm3atldinanm3atl Member Posts: 215

It is hard. Sometimes as order we simply get raped but randomly we pull out a win in a scenario.

Old Skool Ultima Online Junky
    Bring back the OLD UO so I can play again

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Everything is based on teamwork and organization.

Destruction will natural have a few more players on the majority of servers, but what does that matter? Too many people get their ass handed to them in a scenario or open RvR and go about blaming population. What you need to do is make some friends, create a guild, or form a warband.

I've recently switched over to Destruction on Phoenix Throne, because my Ironbreaker was on Ostermark which is rather Order heavy. My first experiences on Phoenix Throne were that of getting steamrolled by order in scenarios and open RvR. At first I was discouraged but you can't just curl up in a damn ball and cry about it. Around level 10 or 11 I commented on starting a warband to take back all of the OBs in tier 1, and to my suprise I get an upwards of 5 or 6 tells. With our eventual warband of 12 players we took back Norsca/Nordland, Blighted Isle/Chrace, Mount Bloodhorn/Ekrund, and even succeeded in raiding the lair at the Plain of Bone.

Mythic does a decent job of controlling server population, and as far as I can tell the only problem is a terrible lack of motivation to do anything at all by a some players on both sides.

STOP WHINING!

• wintersclanwintersclan Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by PeZzy

Anyone who was in beta and viewed the game with objectivity could see that the Order side was in deep trouble. Mythic didn't do anything about it.
    It's all about player imbalance and guild imbalance. The "hardcore" players loaded up on the Destro side.

I agree whole heartedly. Lack of effort by Mythic to address the issue quickly gives the perception that Mythic stands on the side of Desto, but not Order. And this quest BS to get the Order tank, KoTBS, is BS. It should have been in the initial launch.

As desto toon, I find the imbalance also cuts both ways. For me, T4 sc pops rarely, and if it does, we usu. win, we outrank the majority of Order toon, pure and simple. And I get bored on my server, because there are no Order toons to play against.

As an Order toon, the population imbalance and glaring deficiencies in Order classes (from looks, armor, spells, and classes), I find it disheartening to play one. We lost most times, and its discouraging to play into a game only to be told that you lost again and again.

After playing both faction on several servers, I have to say that Mythic definitely has more love for Desto than Order. So I question, if this game is worth at all, given that Desto has and will always have the upper advantage, given Mythic preference for Desto.

My sub ends this month. Period.

Originally posted by nikoliath

Well, Yes and No. You must remember that pretty much everything you see in Warhammer Online comes straight out of Games Workshops Warhammer universe. That means Mythics hands are tied becuase all the art work, design and lore is already in place.
    The yes part is that they chose to make a game based on the Warhammer universe.

Class mechanics and elven skirts has nothing to do with Games Workshop tying the hands of Mythic; if they wanted to, elven wouldn't have skirts, and dwarves would look better.

You know it's like Pirate Code.. they are more actual guidelines.

Same goes for the bias toward destruction class-wise. Order has 2 favored classes: Bright Wizard, and engineer. For all the rest, destruction classes are better.

Also, why didn't they put overall bonu for the numerically inferior faction right off the bat?

Truth is, the Beta wasn't done properly, and it shows.

My addiction History:

• VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176

Sub expires on 18th . I cancelled already. I refuse to pay for a game based off WOW/GW instead of the legend DAOC.  I've played every Order class to some extent and nothing feels special about any of them. None of them excell at anything . I like the fact they slowed combat down somewhat but not to the extent that certain classes take 2 days to kill one another. The world just feel empty and since i see the flaw in world design as many do it can't be fixed unless they add an expansion to redo the whole world and well thats not gonna happen. They couldn't get but one city per side in the game at release with a TON of missing classes. Whats next on the horizon?

Originally posted by TheSheikh

Everything is based on teamwork and organization.
    Destruction will natural have a few more players on the majority of servers, but what does that matter? Too many people get their ass handed to them in a scenario or open RvR and go about blaming population. What you need to do is make some friends, create a guild, or form a warband.
    I've recently switched over to Destruction on Phoenix Throne, because my Ironbreaker was on Ostermark which is rather Order heavy. My first experiences on Phoenix Throne were that of getting steamrolled by order in scenarios and open RvR. At first I was discouraged but you can't just curl up in a damn ball and cry about it. Around level 10 or 11 I commented on starting a warband to take back all of the OBs in tier 1, and to my suprise I get an upwards of 5 or 6 tells. With our eventual warband of 12 players we took back Norsca/Nordland, Blighted Isle/Chrace, Mount Bloodhorn/Ekrund, and even succeeded in raiding the lair at the Plain of Bone.
    Mythic does a decent job of controlling server population, and as far as I can tell the only problem is a terrible lack of motivation to do anything at all by a some players on both sides.

There is really NO reason/incentive to RVR outside of scenario's. Scenario's are a large part of the broken RVR map/world in general

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804
    Originally posted by Vistaakah

Sub expires on 18th . I cancelled already. I refuse to pay for a game based off WOW/GW instead of the legend DAOC.  I've played every Order class to some extent and nothing feels special about any of them. None of them excell at anything . I like the fact they slowed combat down somewhat but not to the extent that certain classes take 2 days to kill one another. The world just feel empty and since i see the flaw in world design as many do it can't be fixed unless they add an expansion to redo the whole world and well thats not gonna happen. They couldn't get but one city per side in the game at release with a TON of missing classes. Whats next on the horizon?

You sure do post a whole lot of trash.

Why don't you elaborate on your dislikes?

Statements like "I've played every Order class to some extent and nothing feels special about an of them." and "None of them excell at anything." are pretty damn shallow.

Of course every career excells at something, that is why there are ten different ones for each realm.

Why don't you explain the similarities between the Bright Wizards and lets say..... the Ironbreaker.

Let us start with the "Playing as a Bright Wizard" explaination from the main Warhammer site.

As a Bright Wizard you will destroy the enemy with arcane fire, but you must do so with cunning intellect, or risk finding your own end despite your power. Your defenses are minimal, and you are nothing if not obvious. For you, the best defense is your own mighty offense and that can be a very powerful deterrent. Quick decisive action is pivotal to your fighting. You must unleash your spells on the enemy forthwith so that they have the greatest possible opportunity to burn. Then you must take advantage of the opportunities this presents, using other powers to detonate your burning victims. If you are incautious, you may be slain before your enemy is defeated, only for him to fall to your lingering magic, but with skill and quick thinking victory will be yours.

Compare this with the Ironbreaker.

As an Ironbreaker, your goal is to get between your friends and your foes and use your defensive abilities to absorb and deflect attacks. If you can't immediately claim a foe's attention, your grudge bonuses begin to make you a problem foes can't ignore as you grow more and more potent in your defense of your allies. Obviously, Ironbreakers truly shine in groups but even solo they are quite capable as long as they can get close enough to wear down foes with their axe or hammer.

Go ahead..... explain.....

"I like the fact that they slowed combat down somewhat but not to the extent that certain classes take 2 days to kill each other."

I'm not sure if you were trying to say you like the combat speed, or think combat takes too long.

Oh well..... this one can float on.

"The world just feel empty and since i see the flaw in world design as many do it can't be fixed"

Please, explain this so called "flaw" in world design. Saying the world is empty and flawed without explaination does not do very much for your arguement.

"They couldn't get but one city per side in the game at release with a TON of missing classes."

The cities were postponed for later development, because they did not want to have 2 great cities and 4 "ok" ones. There needs to be 6 great cities, just as there needs to be 24 great classes. Not 20 great classes and 4 ok ones.

On that topic, there are currently 20 classes in Warhammer. Only 4 classes did not make launch. Common sense now tells us that there were going to be 24 classes in Warhammer.

By using some simple math..... we also see that those 4 classes are 1/6 of the original content. It is pretty obvious that 1/6 of the classes is not.... A TON OF THE CLASSES!

Just to make things interesting, if you didn't notice they are introducing the Blackguard and the Knight of the Blazing Sun back into the game this month.

Try not to reply with one big paragraph of depthless off-topic rant.

STOP WHINING!

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

I think the order class are in general harder to figuer out how to play.

I'm compleatly conviced that Shadow Warrior's were not intended to sit back and firer arrows all day long.

As a hibid class its up to the player to see the need at certain times to put the bow away and charge in to do some Melee damage.

I know the marauder is a melee only class and works very well for the destruction side.

Order having more melee dps class in the front lines really helps with the hole effort.

If you want to be a ranged DPS play a vright wisard right?

I know its hard for some to grow bhaalz and get in there specially being a ELF.

but its for the greater good.

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by local93bc

I think the order class are in general harder to figuer out how to play.
    I'm compleatly conviced that Shadow Warrior's were not intended to sit back and firer arrows all day long.
    As a hibid class its up to the player to see the need at certain times to put the bow away and charge in to do some Melee damage.
    I know the marauder is a melee only class and works very well for the destruction side.
    Order having more melee dps class in the front lines really helps with the hole effort.

If you want to be a ranged DPS play a vright wisard right?

I know its hard for some to grow bhaalz and get in there specially being a ELF.
    but its for the greater good.

You must be kidding me SW melee damage is laughable and if any destro melee dps class targets you your dead in seconds even with healing.

With the melee stance buff that gives them just as much Armour then a marauder.

I gess you do prove my pointe that order players are clueless though .. thx

there melee damage is a bit under marauder but you can hit mobs when they run away and from far.

• emperorvlemperorvl Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by local93bc

My once thriving Server. is now dead.

On the order side only.....

I really wanted this game to be IT.
    but.
    I have a very bad feeling about this game and where its going to be after 6 months.

Should Mythic have been more active in controling population by locking servers????
    I think so.

I see a population problem and its not geting better.
    Could they be handling this in a smarter way???
    I think so.

What do you say?

There is only one man reason why Order is less popular than Destruction.  The destruction side has near-naked toons whereas order is mostly all clothed.  When you consider sale demographics you don't have to scratch your head and wonder.  I've been ganked by naked elves ad nauseam....

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

to the OP:

yes order quitting... my 50+ ppl guild is down to 12 people.

My subs. expiring in few days and will not renew, i know 2-3 more ppl are quitting with me as well.

So in 2 months 40 ppl out of 50 quit order...

RvR zones are empty, end game is worst i have ever seen...

just my 2 cents, oh and after the server merge my server is still empty..... everybody quitting

My sub expires in a couple days and i don't see ever renewing unless i hear they turn this game into DAOC 2.0 which isn't gonna happen. I bought this because it was suppose to be the next best PVP game that had been created in years.  Didn't happen they went there own way and left the god of PVP the DAOC model behind. From a class perspective its obvious why so many people choose Destuction. They are cooler looking there combat animations are bad ass compared to Order and they are by far better classes as a whole in comparison. With all that being said i'm done because the game is boring, It reminds me to much of WOW and yes its to easy mode for me. Some of us like a challenge. It took me about 60 sec to figure out how to play the game. You simply can not have battle grounds ie scenarios in a PVP designed game and expect it to be successful long term. I don't think i've ever played a game with more LAME PVE then WAR has as well. Good luck to those who like it.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Play destruction only, but my account has been cancelled as well.  Not going to play a game that isn't finished.  Also, a game where a large variety of very capable PCs keep getting hard locks, CTDs, and other issues causing complete lack of playability is also one that won't get my money.

I'd be happy to try again once they have fixed the game.  Maybe in a few months they'll get it together.

• ruffandreadyruffandready Member Posts: 4

Why are players against playing a dwarf? Who cares what the toon looks like. Or is it that there's a lot of short  chunky ugly people playing this game and rolling a dwarf just reminds them of what they look like in real life?

I remember a female player I  hung out with all through everquest which was 4 years,and once daoc came out we decided to try that game. I rolled a lurikeen, and she was so disappoined  that i became this small deformed creature, she quit and never spoke to me again!!

Deranged or what?

• WolfenbaneWolfenbane Member Posts: 48

I agree with most of whats said in here

Order has melee class failure.

Desto side has melee class overkill

Head into bgs and see a front line of heavies staring at you, and on the order side its all squishies and ranged.

Why? there is no decent side balance. You can plainly see desto side has been given more care and attention, half the movies pre release were featuring the desto side more than the order.

High elves with their stupid pointy hats and and boring bland look the same zones after zones.

Looks do matter alot in games nowdays people not only want to be a killer on the BG they want to look it to, me included.

Pointy hats, feathered hats and lots of borderline fluffyness, doesnt appeal to about 80% of the playerbase.

Classes are meant to mirrored, have you ever swapped sides? mirrored my butt! Try playing a white lion and a marauder!

This game is missing something - that magic spark that puts it altogether.

Like many others Ive hit the dreaded tier 3 and cant be bothered to log on anymore, its the same old same old, grind pvp or run around trying to link quests together. Ive played like 10 quests in one zone and theyve just stopped! not telling me to go here for more or anything! that to me is poor.

Its a good game but to me no better than conan.

Looking for new game.

Im shocked they have put back Class adjustment.

Is mythic always one step behind?  They promised they new how to handle the's situation. It sure dosent look like it.

Will it be to late by the time they turn the boat arround?