Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Order Quiting?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I started out in Order, but switched to Destro affter i quickly lost interest in the game.(still not playing much regardless)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Unicorns_PwnUnicorns_Pwn Member Posts: 427

I've left order and the game as well. Everyone just doing the same scenarios killed it for me..

in my absence DDO mod 8 has been treating me well.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

You roll Order if you're a charitable person.  What I mean is... if you want to give lots of points to Destro players by getting steamrolled all the time.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Warmaker

You roll Order if you're a charitable person.  What I mean is... if you want to give lots of points to Destro players by getting steamrolled all the time.

That's not true on my server. Order seems to win at least 60% of the time.

As to the main issue, I think it's multifaceted.

Some people just don't like the order races.

Some people don't like the order classes (even though each class has a close mirror on the other side, I've found that the destruction mirror almost always has some game play advantages in design).

Some people don't like the Order armor set designs.

Some people just prefer to play the "evil" side.

Plus a lot of variations on the above.

Mythic made a preventable mistake by designing a game where ALL the above factors favor one side. Maybe they looked at WoW and wanted to counter act the Horde disadvantage seen there. If so, they went way too far the other way.

I prefer the good side. I have few problems with the Order character models.

I DO have to admit that most Destruction classes are more fun to play than their mirror. I think the armor design for Order side are poor compared to most example on destruction.

I doubt we will see a major armor redesign any time soon. Some minor tweaks could possibly help though.

A number of order classes really need an overhaul. I'd actually balance a little in favor of Order to try to counter the current Destruction preference advantage.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

I have no problem playing on the losing/underdog side as long as I'm one of the "good" guys (I grew up on stories like that).  One problem I have is that neither side in this game is "good" nor is there a way to choose to play a "good" guy.  It's just pick a side, both are pricks, and go at it.  Given that choice, go with what looks cool and gets the job done...  I don't like the order styles, classes or looks at all; at best it's alien/fey-ish, at worst it's highlighting one of our less noble historical periods.

WoW taught most of us that Horde has the best racials and to go with whatever side/class/race has the advantage.  It took a long time for that to sink in because it wasn't true initially.  But now MMO players expect Horde to have most of the advantages and they weren't disappointed here (BW not withstanding).

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

On Sylvania, Order has "come out of their shells" and rallied in ORvR since the 'Witching Night' started. Every time I've logged on, in T2 AND T3, Order has dominated Destruction.

I think Order, in general, has attracted less of the power gamers. The Order players are taking their time and not as focused on the RvR aspect in general. However, given an interesting/new reason to do so, it has become apparent that Order not only can show some numbers, but they actually have a better tactical effort as a whole.

Destruction may have had more beta players, but Order has learned their lessons well since launch.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

The exact same thing happened in DAOC after release.  Everyone rolled Albs, there was a sufficient number of mids, but Hibs were severely lacking.  Populations then went through a cycle.  Alb, mid, hib, rinse, repeat.  All this before the server merges.  It took several months for the populations to even out enough for them to be somewhat fair.  In the biggining though, it was all Alb on most servers.  Heck, on my server there was an unwritten "rule" for Hib and Mid to not attack each other until they had killed all the Albs.

WAR is going to do the same thing.  Give the game a chance to mature and for Mythic to get the populations off the low servers and onto the medium ones.  Let them shut the old servers down and then see where populations stand.  The good news is that there are only two sides in WAR.

Lastly, I don't think it has anything to do with class inbalance.  Yeah, if you want to play a tank that looks like a tank, you are stuck with Destruction.  Mythic should not have released the game without the KotBS for order and either the Black Guard or Choppa for Destruction.  Outside of that though, the classes balance out well.  And don't forget that the Swordmaster is an excellent class albiet underplayed in favor of White Lions it seems.

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284
    Originally posted by Gyrus

Originally posted by local93bc

My once thriving Server. is now dead.

On the order side only.....

Should Mythic have been more active in controling population by locking servers????
    I think so.

I see a population problem and its not geting better.
    Could they be handling this in a smarter way???
    I think so.

What do you say?

What do I say?

I - TOLD - YOU - SO! :P

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/197681/page/1

(my first post is #87 BTW but # 92 covers this issue better IIRC)

Lesson to MMORPG game designers everywhere:

If your game includes RvR - design Population Balance FIRST.

If you can't do that - design a PvE game and forget about it.

Anyway - you say they could do a better job?  How?  Please share?

And please stay within the realms of the existing game (not saying "If they had balloons and submarines..." etc)

It's so sad, but Pre-CU SWG gets it right again.  There, you could switch factions slowly over time, and for a cost.  But you could do it.  If the population of one faction is too high, the players could correct the problem for themselves....and they did.

(I know current SWG can do it too, but the idea was designed in the original game.)

• DarcknyghtDarcknyght Member Posts: 127

RvR is destine to fail in general. It's one of those types of games that is fun at first but after awhile it gets so repetative that its not even worth your time anymore. IMHO i think for a RvR game to be sucessful it needs PvE content that is unique to each side so it makes people want to experiance it. The way this game is its basically the same thing for both sides with little to no rewards. Ive played order ive play destruction and each sides quests where the same nothing special to bring to each side to make them unique. Which i know is hard to do in a MMO because the work that has to be done i can imagine for just 10 quests is butt load of work in that itself. But its those few developers who make it a point to have unique quests and unique aspects of the game that only one side can experiance is what can make a RvR game.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Darcknyght

RvR is destine to fail in general. It's one of those types of games that is fun at first but after awhile it gets so repetative that its not even worth your time anymore. IMHO i think for a RvR game to be sucessful it needs PvE content that is unique to each side so it makes people want to experiance it. ...

How do you explain the continued survival of WWIIoL then?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

RvR is destine to fail in general. It's one of those types of games that is fun at first but after awhile it gets so repetative that its not even worth your time anymore. IMHO i think for a RvR game to be sucessful it needs PvE content that is unique to each side so it makes people want to experiance it. The way this game is its basically the same thing for both sides with little to no rewards. Ive played order ive play destruction and each sides quests where the same nothing special to bring to each side to make them unique. Which i know is hard to do in a MMO because the work that has to be done i can imagine for just 10 quests is butt load of work in that itself. But its those few developers who make it a point to have unique quests and unique aspects of the game that only one side can experiance is what can make a RvR game.

Wow Welcome back GoldKnyght troll did they finally ban you enough to make you create an alternate name? Honestly why can't you just go play your games and stop trolling.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by banthis

Wow Welcome back GoldKnyght troll did they finally ban you enough to make you create an alternate name? Honestly why can't you just go play your games and stop trolling.

How is his post a troll?  He contributes to the discussion (which you do not BTW) and raises some interesting points.  I don't 100% agree with him - but he probably doesn't 100% agree with me either.

If you disagree with him please say what part of his post you disagree with and provide counter examples (as I did - WWIIoL has no quests and is RvR - although to be fair each sides equipment is different which sort of supports his point...)

Your reply consists of "troll! STFU!"?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808

I recently re-rolled Order.

• JokerkaaosJokerkaaos Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Zanzeer

i dont know what you all are talking about but on azazel server order is pretty strong there guilds are really organized ...i dont see them quitting on our server that server is really balanced in SCs and open feild RVR

Azazel was one of the very few "CE Headstart" servers. This was one of the big misakes Mythic made, in my opinion. They guaranteed that most of the "big" guilds would go to these servers, and turned the rest of the servers into also-ran stepchildren.

All servers are losing population, though.

• Raiz1Raiz1 Member Posts: 177

Your post gives me the slight inclination that you don't even play WAR.

There is no shared pve content and the map is parced. You have the Order camps and Destruction camps in proximity, but never on the same path.

The only "shared" content are the RvR objectives and the keeps in the higher tiers. This is EXACTLY the type of underlying system meant to support RvR. Scenarios being so convenient and paying off so well, are what contribute to ORvR not being as prosperous.

On a final note, the pve content eventually drives you to pvp at least a little in open rvr and in scenerios if you accept the challenge. This weekend I've seen as much pvp as I did back in shadowbane fighting 500 vs 500 on the Mourning server against MGA. That many different people, that many incredible battles, and that much fun.

If you did play WAR, I apologize for the assumption, but you are either on a bad server or need to give yourself a little more time to get acclimated to the game.

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

from what I hear WAR is suffering a imbalancing problems

mythic should make order more attractive for players, give them better things and classes

restyle them so they look cooler, because from what i see, it seems destruction looks a lot cooler than order

(remember horde/allaince imbalancing in the early wow days)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• Raiz1Raiz1 Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by kingtommyboy

from what I hear WAR is suffering a imbalancing problems
    mythic should make order more attractive for players, give them better things and classes
    restyle them so they look cooler, because from what i see, it seems destruction looks a lot cooler than order
    (remember horde/allaince imbalancing in the early wow days)

Its the presence of the hulking Orcs and Chosen that makes these guys more viable. Especially in bottle-necking strategics. Their frame allows them to "body-block" using the true collision system in this game.

Get 2 black orcs and stick them on the west corridor in mourkain temple. You'll see very few straight forward attempts to shoot to the support. Chosen are exactly the same.

So not only are they a little more appealing to the eye, they posess a little more tactical utility.

• mrgrimrprmrgrimrpr Member Posts: 87

I hear they are going to bring the game down forever. jk.

The reason was they expected a WoW type release, so now they are going to delete some servers because they made too many. Anyone in this thread saying the devs are dumbasses and are not going to do anything about it are just plain ignorant. Mythic had an undisputable track record. Their record with MMOs is far better than Blizzard, with that record going back more than 5 years. Mythic will get it right, hell even WoW didn't have PvP at the beginning, and now its lackluster.

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808

Sure the populations on servers have dropped. Sure Mythic are offering free character transfers off low pop servers.

I don't think that's enough. I think they should merge the low pop servers with med pops and close them down.

At least they understand that this game doesn't work properly on low pop servers and are doing something about it so soon after release.

I can't help but respect that, unlike another game developer who lost a lot of subscribers after launch and so far as I know even to this day have done nothing regarding merging servers 6 months after release.

MMOs are all about the people and having people to play with.

Mythic taking this kind of action now and ensuring that people get the most from the game will in the long run, create much better opinions of the game.

The cost? Bad press concerning the fact that the overrestimated the number of servers they'd need to start with. Everyone makes mistakes, Mythic seem to be good at admitting them and fixing them ASAP.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by mrgrimrpr

I hear they are going to bring the game down forever. jk.

The reason was they expected a WoW type release, so now they are going to delete some servers because they made too many. Anyone in this thread saying the devs are dumbasses and are not going to do anything about it are just plain ignorant. Mythic had an undisputable track record. Their record with MMOs is far better than Blizzard, with that record going back more than 5 years. Mythic will get it right, hell even WoW didn't have PvP at the beginning, and now its lackluster.

MJ have also said that server merges is the sign of a dying game so at least one dumbass point to him

But really this was the right thing to do. A PVP game like WAR needs high pop servers to work, a more PvE oriented game doesn't need so much players on a server to work as long as it isn't to hard to find a group but massive PvP need a massive number of players.

I don't think WAR will ever compete with Blizzard however, WAR is more aimed at certain players. Compare Wow to pop music and WAR to Metal. Mythic must have know that at least half of the MMO players play mostly PvE and in that field WAR don't have enough to offer right now.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I feel like im the only one who doesn't think the realm inbalance is that big of an issue.

So yeah their may be more destrution players on a server than order, but with the way the game spreads out the population, it doesn't seem like it would even matter.

I mean yes, their will be times when your going to be outnumbered, it may happen alot of times actually, it depends on way to many factors to simply say because theirs more destruction players on a server.

And as I learned in DAoC and Shadowbane, sometimes numbers aren't everything in an RvR/PvP fight, assuming you can get your fellow players organized and develop a plan.

Maybe its just me, seems like its just me who believes this.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

The top Order guild on my mains server just quit also. Their reason was due to the imbalance of the game, and the fact that its just boring. Lack of content, no ORVR, only scenario grinding. Hell the lack of gear and items hit them hard as well. They had nothing to compete for and no reason to do it. Many left for WoW again. Im getting close to dropping my sub as well. Its bad when you have to really force yourself to play the game, and by force i mean do the only thing available. Play scenarios. My formerly high pop server is an Order Ghost town.

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

Anyone who was in beta and viewed the game with objectivity could see that the Order side was in deep trouble. Mythic didn't do anything about it.

It's all about player imbalance and guild imbalance. The "hardcore" players loaded up on the Destro side.

Open RvR is all about taking keeps and not defending them. A majority of the player base would rather be in scenarios. On my server, the Destro to Order ratio in Tier 4 is 1.4 to 1 . That doesn't even include the fact that Destro has more active players than Order. There are signifantly more level 40's on the Destro side.

Wake up Mythic. Warhammer is a great game but it's going down the toilet fast.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Would be cool to fit everyone on one server. I know its probably technically almost impossible, but if Eve can do it, it can be done.

And let players switch sides whenever they want to keep the teams even. Also, make it so that once you've finished a tier, you can temporarily de-level back to lvl 11, 21, or 31 on that character whenever you wanted so you can participate in all the previous content when necessary, perhaps with a fatigue effect instead of bolster to account for stats.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.