Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware this game direct from dev site... Virus Detected!

ShilandryShilandry Member Posts: 17

Trojan Horse Generic11.AOGB

Detected in  ACEonline.exe

The ACE Forums advice..."Ignore it and play it anyway"

Uninstalled....

What a watse of 2GB of my data cap and bandwidth

Comments

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

Yep avast says trojan/worm. Stupid retards pisses me off that they tryed to infect my comp.

• GeneralnitroGeneralnitro Member Posts: 5

And that is exactly what you should do, Ignore it and play, it's nothing but a false positive, exactly why i do not blindly trust my Antivirus programs.

• Ever heard of a false positive? Obviously not. Ignore it and play.

• You people hav no idea wat ur talking about. Over 500,000 ppl play this game in the United States and others play in Europe. Usually games with virsus in them would automatically be terminated off the MMOPRG's List of  games. Now stfu, and download the games and stop talking crap. There is no other game that offers great game experience, graphics and customer support than Ace Online. Download it for urself at  http://ace.subagames.com/download.aspx and you'll see for urself that this game is worth the 2GB of memory.

Also, Anti-Viruses may say that this is a kind of virus, its not. the software makes it look like this cause of the signature and download size. Ace Online GM's are working on it and are currently developing a verified signature for their downloads.

And I'd also like to mention that computers without anti-viruses are known to make fake responses to downloads.

Again, Ace online is a safe MMORPG that lets Players do a variety of things. Ive been playing this game for 2 months and its been a very great time. The game almost seems real. So stop bragging and play!

• AeroRebornAeroReborn Member Posts: 3

I don't trust any Anti-Virus programs. Try using your own logic on these matters. There is a true and undoubted reason why so many people play this game; I don't see myself and my computer blowing up Die Hard Style.

• GeneralnitroGeneralnitro Member Posts: 5

Ah well, up to the OP, if he's so paranoid that he blindly trusts his antivirus program and anything it says that's his choice, he's just missing out on a hell of a lot of fun in Ace.

• xLsupportxLsupport Member Posts: 5

Not every, or any, antivirus is perfect, it will pickup things that are not a virus. Remember SubaGames is a real business, if it was a real virus, how would they make money? How would they be allowed to run? Keep into consideration that the sole purpose of a game provider is to make money. If this was REALLY a virus, they wouldn't make any money. 

• 0803008030 Member Posts: 97

Lineage 2 also has this same problem from time to time, My avs software suddenly decides that the lineage 2 exe is a virus and I need to shut down the avs software untill it stops acting retarded.

Its nothing but a false positive as the other posters here have mentioned, and should you guys who are all up in arms and screaming "zomg virus" play enough mmorpg's you will encounter this issue again and again and again.

My advice, learn what a false positive is, learn how to use the antivirus software installed on your  PC and then learn how to ignore false positives, instead of running around screaming about how the sky is falling and making yourself look like an idiot.

• ZunathZunath Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Originally posted by Generalnitro

And that is exactly what you should do, Ignore it and play, it's nothing but a false positive, exactly why i do not blindly trust my Antivirus programs.

I dont even use an anti virus program cause there more trouble then their worth.

I'm going to hack you now. :X

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

As I said many many times before.  Anti-Virus is not perfect and should not be blindly trusted.  Anti-virus software is in fact much prone to mistakes due to the nature of what it does.  Blindly believing everything an anti-virus is just being used by computer instead of being a computer user.

I find it funny when people believe they will get infected and get disgusted just because the anti-virus made a mistake.  Virus, anti-virus, and how both of them work.  Read up on it first please if you cannot understand why viruses are not knocking on the door into your "clean" system.  Only real clean system is a standalone that is used for data storage and nothing else.  As for the rest of us, as long as it functions without error we can call it "clean", but in fact it is our delusion yet again.  Remember how people believe they are clean, only to find out the human body is basically full of bacteria?

Basically if an epidemic breaks out, we can rely on these people to simply massacre everyone like in the old days.  Hurrah for medical technology and morality which reduce the chance of that happening.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by Zunath

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Originally posted by Generalnitro

I dont even use an anti virus program cause there more trouble then their worth.

I'm going to hack you now. :X

Funny but it is a misconception.  Even if window firewall and anti-virus is down, hacking a computer still only require the same amount of basic work.  There are still the matter of intermet modem or the ISP's own firewalls.  A computer system can in fact run without any issue without anti-virus nor firewall as long as the user know how to clean out excess files.  Truthfully, all anti-virus really do is scan and "try" to remove virus once they are in the system.  No system is every really "clean" as I have said before, there are just stuff that won't affect your comp and stuff that will.  Even if you do constant scan and cleaning, there are always the possibly of the software removing the wrong thing and cause system to have errors or crash.