Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: PvP Update Overview

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The latest update for Age of Conan is now live, bringing the new PvP Consequence System to the live game, as well as new content and quests, fixes, and more. Funcom has provided an overview of the major new features that have been added, and today we're happy to share that with you.

PVP Consequence System – The Notoriety System

This game update brings with it a major new game-play feature – a new consequence system for PVP. Off the back of the PVP leveling system introduced in the last update, this new system aims to bring even deeper meaning to PVP and introduce real consequences for your actions. Players will now run the risk of becoming a criminal or even a murderer depending on their actions in PVP.

If you take part in anti-social actions in PVP, picking on weaker foes and such you will find yourself accruing ‘murder points’ that will eventually mean the attitudes of NPCs in the world will change towards you! Murderers will be outcast from society and will have to depend on new outlaw camps which can be found at remote locations in various different playfields. You will still have access to vendors and travel through these camps, but that will now come at a cost! A consequence for being a dangerous individual!

Read the Age of Conan PvP Update Overview.

Comments

• bluefootedbluefooted Member Posts: 48

while the new pvp system seems interesting, i'm wondering if it really solved anything. If someone gets the jump on you, are you still basically gone?

It is still my firm belief that no one will hunt down murders even at 100% bonus exp because battle ground areas are going to be better for pvp exp. 

So i dont see how this will solve anything. Even more so, who cares if you get more exp, if you still get to kill everyone. The only thing that i can think of that is nice is that they can't get into towns, but somehow i doubt that people who kill a lot will have that much of a hard time getting the items they need from the sounds of it.

So does anyone know if this actually is making a difference?

• deunnerodeunnero Member Posts: 2

Not sure if there is a max level or anything... From hearing this it would make me

Wait until i'm max level/have all the best stuff and then go around pking everyone... lolz

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

the pvp along with the notierity system also brought in a major bug that players exploited to get to pvp xp lvl 5 in a matter of a few days or less. i find it disgusting frankly and completely unbalances the game for those who worked hard to get to lvl 2 3+ in a legit fashion. susposably they fixed, but damage is already done.they need to either roll back the players or find out who it is coding a DB script to find out people's rate of pvp xp and ban or reset them. but i doubt failcom will do this. i canceled due to this BS. too many patches to fix the endless problems of this game, still no new content, no DX 10 content promised at launch. lies ontop of lies.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

To the above poster...

No new content?  Have you even played recently?  They added a few zones, tweaked existing dungeons and now added the pvp consequene system.  That sounds like new content to me...

They won't reset someone's pvp level.  Can you imagine how people would scream if they reset everyone?  They'd have to reset everybody to be fair, but then it wouldn't BE fair to those that legitimately leveled up. 

The DX10 I know still has people whining.  Honestly though, unless you have Vista who cares?  I don't have Vista and am not going to get it til I'm 100% certain it is bug-free with my games.  The game still looks quite good running DX9 so I'm quite happy with it as it stands now.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by DrowNoble

To the above poster...
    No new content?  Have you even played recently?  They added a few zones, tweaked existing dungeons and now added the pvp consequene system.  That sounds like new content to me...
    They won't reset someone's pvp level.  Can you imagine how people would scream if they reset everyone?  They'd have to reset everybody to be fair, but then it wouldn't BE fair to those that legitimately leveled up. 
    The DX10 I know still has people whining.  Honestly though, unless you have Vista who cares?  I don't have Vista and am not going to get it til I'm 100% certain it is bug-free with my games.  The game still looks quite good running DX9 so I'm quite happy with it as it stands now.

sorry they havent added any new zones. that is barely on Test live right now. so therefore its not active. as far as the pvp consequence system its a joke people exploited it to no end. which screws people who legitimately leveled their way through the pvp levels. there is no real new content so dont spread lies. other than tweaks, balancing, adding the other half the of the pvp consequence system they havent added much, mainly just fixing the game that was orignally broken to no end. Dx 10 i can careless about that at this point, its a pipe dream.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Your reply confirms you haven't played in a while.  They have added more mid-range zones plus revamped some of the more popular dungeons.  This was done for the people that complained they ran out of quests to do in the 40-50ish range.  The Black Pyramid is one example of a dungeon they revamped, for the better I might add.

The game was hardly "broken to no end".  Servers were stable at launch, unlike That Other Game that had numerous server problems for weeks after its launch.  Patches and bug fixes are standard in any MMO, not sure how that is a "fault" of this game.  When ganking became a problem they quickly patched in a fix to give you a short duration invulnerabilty buff when you respawn at your rez circle.  I have yet to find any MMO that never patches because it is "perfect".

So if anyone "is spreading lies" it is not me, as I am actually playing the game currently so I have updated information.

I do agree that I don't care about DX10.  I'm going to continue to run WinXP until I'm 100% satisfied Vista's gaming issues are resolved.