Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Order Quiting?

My once thriving Server. is now dead.

On the order side only.....

I really wanted this game to be IT.

but.

I have a very bad feeling about this game and where its going to be after 6 months.

Should Mythic have been more active in controling population by locking servers????

I think so.

I see a population problem and its not geting better.

Could they be handling this in a smarter way???

I think so.

What do you say?

Comments

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by local93bc

Should Mythic have been more active in controling population by locking servers????
    I think so.

I think so.

What do you say?

What do I say?

I - TOLD - YOU - SO! :P

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/197681/page/1

(my first post is #87 BTW but # 92 covers this issue better IIRC)

Lesson to MMORPG game designers everywhere:

If your game includes RvR - design Population Balance FIRST.

If you can't do that - design a PvE game and forget about it.

Anyway - you say they could do a better job?  How?  Please share?

And please stay within the realms of the existing game (not saying "If they had balloons and submarines..." etc)

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• susanto1228susanto1228 Member Posts: 203

but.
    I have a very bad feeling about this game and where its going to be after 6 months.

I think so.

I think so.

What do you say?

I say Mythic should of Put more emphasis on the ORDER characters DUH!!! that's the biggest problem, how do you like those long waits destro in ques.....ha.

Server imbalances?  How bout class imbalance...fix that first Mythic, that grave is getting deeper....can't even see that far no more

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

its not order only im afraid.

Regardng the order issue, Mythic should have promoted the order side right from the start. We all know kids tend to go to the dest side especially after beeing slapped by their mothers for bad behavior ;)

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Dunno, think it depends on what server you are on. I ran to the rvr tier 2 area today for the witching night events...destruction couldn't even get out of the warcamp until we had mustered 30+ people...and we were still outnumbered by nearly 2 to 1 by order.

It was completely opposite at release. I think the sides are shifting about now.

Some people are switching sides because of the classes, some jump to the under dog because they like the challenge.

It was like this in DAOC..a constant flux from side to side.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Order desperately needs a human tank class..

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

create servers with no scenarios...

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

1. Empire: where is the sword and shield tank? The Warrior Priest is just asuport class. It will never be a good tank and never be a good healer.  Then the Bright Wizard joke, I actually rolled one, but ditched it because I got bored to be casting fire spells all the time. That's a wizard wanna-be class. The witch hunter is the only class worth it of the Empire.

2. Dwarves: so dwarves got a tank but Empire didn't? What they were thinking? Most players dont play dwarves. It has been like that since their existance in MMOs.

3. High Elves: or you love them or hate them. i personally dont like them one bit.

And what we have on destruction side?

Orcs/goblins are always fun. Marauder's mutations are unique, Magus is a real wizard! The Chosen looks like the tank I want to play! I can live without elves though.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Scenarios hurt RvR a lot.   Class imbalances aren't as noticable in a 100v100 fight.  But in a 5v5 seige, you can tell who the 'stud classes' are much easier.    Also a 100v80 fight is much more even then a 10v8 fight.  The more people doing an oRvR seige.. the more little problems dissappear

The other part is the bandwagon effect.  Yes, there will be some players who reroll onto the losing side.  But the majority of players will roll on the winning side. They get more content, more gear, more satisfaction etc etc.   The only time it is good to be on the losing side is if you plan on doing mostly scenarios (you will have lower queues).  It is very hard for someone on a losing side to get exp/renown in oRvR so they stick to scenarios.

Again, I don't want to bring WOW up.. but I do think what happened in WOW did influence the way the devs were thinking at launch.  When WOW launched,  Order dominated Horde on most servers.  I think before the launch of Warhammer, the devs thought the same thing might happen in Warhammer so they purposefully hyped destro.

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

when you run the game and see the trailer, you can tell Destruction won the fight at the end. and remember the first trailer it was released on the website where a chosen cracks the warrior priest's skull at the end?

the message is clear: Destruction are the winners.

• warchidwarchid Member Posts: 37

bw wannabe wizard ? lol magus is a wizard ? lol i think u do not know what a wizard is dude stfu up , bw is more wizard then magus, becouse magus is a suport class, debuffs  and pet summoning are mostly defensive, he hits hard becouse of his debuffs , meanwhile bw hits hard with all your rezists on , is not my foult you do not know how to build your bw ( you know is useles to put willpower , wounds or thoughnes on it , it won't change to much , you will not have 6000000 mil hp , or take 5 dmg from bilions of thoughnes ) i think most of ppl who make characters in war do not read about the class they chose and then whine about it , so back to what did u sayed, bw is a full class nuker, aoe or single point nuker , magus is def class summons and debuffs so bw is more wizard then a magus becouse wizard = nuker

so next u say empire needs a tank right , true it needs a tank for pve not for pvp as u may notice in pvp most hated classes are ranged , mele tanks are almoust if not uselles in a fast zerging pvp becouse they can't keep with the moving and force control over battlefield so again most tank do not know they class and what to do with it , same for our beloved warriors priests with 2 hnd hamer in hands but spamms heals , wtf chose on side and stick to it wanna be healer drop the 2 hnd hammer take 1 1hnd hammer with willpower on it , make a wilpower/ thoughnes set , and take a charm with a lot of will and int on it and spam heals if not go strenght/ thoughnes and bash your way to enemy, and chose the right masteries for what u wanna do

dorfs nobody wan't to play dorfs , wrong a lot of ppl play them and even more will play them when the hammerer will be in game

for the fack that order lack's ppl is becouse a lot off ppl want an easy life so why should they go to the troublsome order when they can make a destro an be safe :), and thet fact is alway's at least 1 tier will lack ppl becouse mostly if not all the time characters rotate, after lvl 40 and rr 80 u do not have anything else to do so u make an alt and u take from zero and again and again etc etc

if is something i do not like is the increased number of servers ,  ppl are to scatered on to manny servers , they should just make 3 or 4 servers fro each tipe ( language ) and that's it so every body would have something to fight with ( eight peack's server last night order overwhelmed destro with a ratio of 3 vs 1 on tier 3 event pq , almous  got in theyr base ) at one time i was thinking destro are overpowerd but they arent they have more mature players who know how to twink they'r characters to get the most of it , order doesn't that's the true diffrence , is same as healers wannabe dmg dealers and when they are cursed becouse they do not heal they go on strike and do not play scenarios , why the f... did u make a healer if u wanna be a dmg dealer just to have a long robe on u or what, that's the difrence between order healers and destro healers the difrence is  a lvl 30 order healer made 80k heals in a scenario and a lvl 25 shaman made 135k heals in a scenarios that's the difrence , if they are healers they heal and that's what they do all the scenario not runing arround with lazers poping out of theyr eye yelling i do dmg i do dmg not heals i am on dmg now and he is an archmage

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

Ok so what if, publicly telling players what server have a population inbalance with xp bonus week actually

Doomed thos servers?

How many of you would roll a charackter on a server where you know and they admit there is a problem?

T1 Looks more Destruction dominated then it ever was!!!

(On my server)

To me its simple. 

Population imbalance = lock server to Overpopulated side,

Only allow  Re-rolled alt from existing population on over populated side. (That simple)

After that you can offer whatever xp bonus.

My Question to mythic is:

Did Giving 20% bonus xp to under populated side Help  or caused a greater number of players to roll overpopulated side Knowing very well the advantages???

I think the later of the two.

• lifeofagonylifeofagony Member Posts: 67

The empire is getting a tank on the soon content update sometime before christmas i heard.Plus the Black orc.Then the Order will have a nice fullplate shield tank.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by Moretrinkets

1. Empire: where is the sword and shield tank? The Warrior Priest is just asuport class. It will never be a good tank and never be a good healer.  Then the Bright Wizard joke, I actually rolled one, but ditched it because I got bored to be casting fire spells all the time. That's a wizard wanna-be class. The witch hunter is the only class worth it of the Empire.
    2. Dwarves: so dwarves got a tank but Empire didn't? What they were thinking? Most players dont play dwarves. It has been like that since their existance in MMOs.
    3. High Elves: or you love them or hate them. i personally dont like them one bit.

Orcs/goblins are always fun. Marauder's mutations are unique, Magus is a real wizard! The Chosen looks like the tank I want to play! I can live without elves though.

/agree

I usually play a tank in most mmo's.  But I never play dwarfs.  If I envision myself in some fanastical setting, I am not going to imagine myself as hairy, short and fat .  And the male high elves look wierd to me.  I guess you only get the two extremes on the order side, short, fat and hairy, or tall, thin and effeminate.  Where's the inbetween option on the empire side?  No where to be seen at the moment, though suppposedly on the way.

The fact that destro looks bad ass compared to order doesn't help the factional imbalance either.  And sure some people will choose order because they want a challenge.  But most people when they start a character will want to know where the fun is, and let's face it, losing all the time or most of the time is not fun.  So it's a self perpetuating problem, and by the time Christmas rolls around and they add an order tank this problem will have gained even more momentum.

Originally posted by lifeofagony

The empire is getting a tank on the soon content update sometime before christmas i heard.Plus the Black orc.Then the Order will have a nice fullplate shield tank.

Destro already has plenty of tanks in the scenarios I'm playing.  I get two or three on me all the time.  They don't need any more tanks on destro side.

• ZanzeerZanzeer Member Posts: 80

i dont know what you all are talking about but on azazel server order is pretty strong there guilds are really organized ...i dont see them quitting on our server that server is really balanced in SCs and open feild RVR

why must you QQ so much ...

Because some people are concerned for the health of the game.  The mmo genre doesn't need another fail.

Originally posted by daelnor

Dunno, think it depends on what server you are on. I ran to the rvr tier 2 area today for the witching night events...destruction couldn't even get out of the warcamp until we had mustered 30+ people...and we were still outnumbered by nearly 2 to 1 by order.
    It was completely opposite at release. I think the sides are shifting about now.
    Some people are switching sides because of the classes, some jump to the under dog because they like the challenge.
    It was like this in DAOC..a constant flux from side to side.

Grant it yes some servers order wins a lot but that doesn't mean that there is more Order players than destro, you ain't fooling no one,  we all know that "most" servers are destro heavy and thats the way it's gonna be, it's really killing this game, from a gamer that has played this game for pretty much 3 weeks every day, it is evident on Avenheimer server, and others that I belong to, if Mythic doesnt hurry up and fix this, releasing a BG and KOTBS really solves nothing, probably more people will flock to the BG because once again, its evil and looks way cooler.

Ok so what if, publicly telling players what server have a population inbalance with xp bonus week actually
    Doomed thos servers?
    How many of you would roll a charackter on a server where you know and they admit there is a problem?

T1 Looks more Destruction dominated then it ever was!!!
    (On my server)

To me its simple. 
    Population imbalance = lock server to Overpopulated side,
    Only allow  Re-rolled alt from existing population on over populated side. (That simple)

After that you can offer whatever xp bonus.
    My Question to mythic is:
    Did Giving 20% bonus xp to under populated side Help  or caused a greater number of players to roll overpopulated side Knowing very well the advantages???

I think the later of the two.

yah but i thought order forced you to go either desrtro or order on those servers

Originally posted by Terranah

Originally posted by Moretrinkets

yah thats basically why I already gave up on this game, look at other genres's of video games, most if not all games have you playing the "good" guy and for the most part they look really kool, assasin's creed, Gears of War, Halo --yah we play the good guy in those games, but they look cool, order side looks blaaa.....sorry mythic go back to the drawing board, those characters blow

/agree

I usually play a tank in most mmo's.  But I never play dwarfs.  If I envision myself in some fanastical setting, I am not going to imagine myself as hairy, short and fat .  And the male high elves look wierd to me.  I guess you only get the two extremes on the order side, short, fat and hairy, or tall, thin and effeminate.  Where's the inbetween option on the empire side?  No where to be seen at the moment, though suppposedly on the way.

The fact that destro looks bad ass compared to order doesn't help the factional imbalance either.  And sure some people will choose order because they want a challenge.  But most people when they start a character will want to know where the fun is, and let's face it, losing all the time or most of the time is not fun.  So it's a self perpetuating problem, and by the time Christmas rolls around and they add an order tank this problem will have gained even more momentum.

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

Mythic failed in one key feature that every game needs to make sure they got right.   The Tactics.... and the size of the toons.

Lets make this easy shall we...

What is the job of a tank in WAR ?  Protect the backline - try to annoy the living daylight out of the Oposite.    Sooooo - lets take a look shall we.  Orc and choosen - defending shamans and thin dark elfs...  THis game is still about pushing the buttons if you see the enemy OR targeting the closest target.  So - big tanks do great job.

Order... a doorf and a thin white elf that is not sure if he should even use his shield.... And a nervie lion running more backwards rather than forward compared to a maurader...  Seriously - who are we trying to fool....  THe fat doorf healing at the back is actually more easy to see than the fat doorf with a shield jumping up and down to try to get some attention. ....

So base this on the fact that both factions have equal abilites and equal skills.  THen the outcome is always in favor of Destro.... Always. 

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Theutus

create servers with no scenarios...

this^^^

• local93bclocal93bc Member Posts: 353

Do open RvR objective give bonus to senerio players?

If they do that might help explain a few things.

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793

but.

I think so.

I think so.

What do you say?

Sure! Get rid of scenarios... make the taking over a capital happen easier.. make warcamps raidable... balance order a bit more with chaos.. fix a few balancing issues.. oh and stop trying to copy wow..

Other than that.. yeah i could probably list more, but i would be happy with just the ones above.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Maybe realm vs realm only works with three or more factions.  That way if one is underpowered, it can always gang up with a second on the most powerful one and keep things challenging.

Just like with DAOC.

• ArcheusCrossArcheusCross Member Posts: 793

Oh and as for the order quiting? yeah im order, and i just uninstalled today. Sorry guys... maybe after they think about the game a bit more.

"Do not fret! Your captain is about to enter Valhalla!" - General Beatrix of Alexandria

"The acquisition of knowledge is of use to the intellect, for nothing can be loved or hated without first being known." - Leo da Vinci